• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nintendo said it isn't a hybrid. This rumour is strongly implying it's a hybrid

That title is reserved for tama. From what I remember, at least Emily doesn't weasel her way out if wrong, not to mention she says 'RUMOUR!'
To be fair, Emily has a worse record then Tamaki and is NEVER called out on it. Remember when she said she would leave the internet if her Wii U rumors were wrong? And then proceeded to delete the site she made all those posts on. (You can still find it on the wayback machine).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The leak didn't even come from Emily Rogers. . .it's from Eurogamer. . .
:061:
Emily was quire adamant on the fact that the NX would not use AMD arcitecture or be more powerful than the PS4. If this rumor holds true, then her predictions were correct on that account.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The leak didn't even come from Emily Rogers. . .it's from Eurogamer. . .
I guess maybe people confused it because she said there would be NX news soon.

Her latest leak was that the NX "looked expensive," wasn't it?

And this one came from a different guy and then the news site put something up.

Am I remembering the chain of events correctly?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait a minute, why are we talking about Emily Rogers again when she got more than enough things wrong in the past?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Was unaware of that. Still think Tama's worse
In no way am I saying Tama is reliable, by the way, just pointing out Emily gets more credit then she deserves for some reason.

She straight up posted FAKE Endless Ocean and Pikmin 3 images as a leak back in the day.

Chrono.

In no way am I saying Tama is reliable, by the way, just pointing out Emily gets more credit then she deserves for some reason.

She straight up posted FAKE Endless Ocean and Pikmin 3 images as a leak back in the day.

Yikes.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Johnny being the best person alive again

Also we have an explanation
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Here's a NeoGaf thread and his Twitter account for more info about it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253097
https://twitter.com/HunterBridges
An accident with the host's girlfriend happened during the stream, which caused some more troubles.

I feel really bad for the people working on the stream. They obviously tried their best with the stream. Major respect for them pulling through.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

y'know, I've been wondering. Does anyone genuinely enjoy Ice Climber for the NES?
I actually played and enjoyed that game as a child, but i really feel no reason to go back at it. It's a fun little distraction, but it's not an NES game that i find myself comin back for more fun.

If i wanted an Old School Arcade-like NES game from the "Action" series, i would prefer Balloon Fight, now THAT's a personal favorite of mine (did i meantion that i love Balloon Fight?)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

How about if we Mod Alucard from Castlevania into Smash? We can use Lucina as a basis.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Looking on the NeoGaf thread for the leak and everyone is 100% assuming the new leak is true.

. . .That just makes me think it's more likely to be fake. All the real/high accuracy gaming leaks like Greninja, Gematsu, ESRB, etc. had varying degrees of skepticism. Meanwhile the old NX controller leak had 100% acceptance from nearly everyone and that was fake.

Plus people have confirmation bias on this since so many people have been saying it already.

I'm not going to completely dismiss the possibility, but the more people think this is real without better evidence than the kind of leaks we've been getting already the more I'll think it's probably fake.

*EDIT* Yeah there are tons of people on that topic going "WE WON" and "LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE EATING CROW NOW!"

The level of confirmation bias here just passed Neptune.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Unlocked Classic Sonic in Sonic Dash while I listened to the GameXplain discussion about the NX.

I now have the three most important iterations of Sonic.

Screenshot_2016-07-26-21-53-53.png

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Nintendo's stocks went down after people discovered Nintendo didn't make Pokemon Go

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
The rumored NX is fascinating! If it works how I imagine, the portable and home departments of Nintendo's dev teams could be consolidated into a veritable software making machine! The only catch is, I can't really picture the device in my head. It seems like the handheld would be somewhat bulky, to accommodate the tech. The bookend controllers would likely be somewhat reminiscent of an NES controller; simple, small, likely just an analog stick (maybe two) and face buttons. It'll be interesting to see the NX's proper reveal and see how accurate Eurogamer is.

EDIT: Wait. Portable Breath of the Wild?

Last edited:
So today i learned the answer to a burning question (pun intended) ive had since i was a kid

Getting underwater without swimming and using spyro's flame on the underwater bottles wont break them. Yay glitches!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*Dozens of NeoGaf topic pages read later*

OK, does anyone have any idea who the sources for Eurogamer's article are?

Because 10K had "several sources" and it was mostly just various people on Twitter parroting common rumors.

Something makes me feel uncomfortable about the fact that the sources on this leak are going completely unexplained and undiscussed. Do you think someone here could explain to me why the sources are being believed?

I don't even have too much of an opinion on the idea of a hybrid, I just want to know why people are so confident that this is real in case people are getting ahead of themselves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I was looking through the Hound(whose gimmick is to summon a hawk or a wolf(also called hound ingame) during battle) skills in EOV and...
"Ice Peck
Type: Active
Deals ranged stab damage to all enemies. After that, the Hawk will attack all enemies with ranged ice damage."
I don't know if this was intentional or not but I'm using a Hawk!Hound just so I can name its Hawk Pet Shop

OK, does anyone have any idea who the sources for Eurogamer's article are?
No because saying who your sources are tends to mean your sources get ninteninjad
Do you think someone here could explain to me why the sources are being believed?
Because unlike 10k, Eurogamer is allegedly an extremely reliable source being backed up by others
So today i learned the answer to a burning question (pun intended) ive had since i was a kid

Getting underwater without swimming and using spyro's flame on the underwater bottles wont break them. Yay glitches!
Huh. The underwater bottles in aquaria towers, however do break if they aren't underwater. I wonder if that is level specific or a property of the water.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No because saying who your sources are tends to mean your sources get ninteninjad

Because unlike 10k, Eurogamer is allegedly an extremely reliable source being backed up by others

Huh. The underwater bottles in aquaria towers, however do break if they aren't underwater. I wonder if that is level specific or a property of the water.
Alright. Reliable's good, I just still don't know with what yet. What's their track record?

I want to have an idea of what they've gotten right before I settle in with anything.

Alright. Reliable's good, I just still don't know with what yet. What's their track record?

I want to have an idea of what they've gotten right before I settle in with anything.
if im remembering correctly, ps4 neo and scorpio (might actually slim or both) are their most recent rumors.ight be wrog because i wasn't paying too much attention.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FYI, Eurogamer were also the ones to host that interview with Shigeru Miyamoto where Pikmin 4 was confirmed and Galaxy 3 was...soft-confirmed?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
if im remembering correctly, ps4 neo and scorpio (might actually slim or both) are their most recent rumors.ight be wrog because i wasn't paying too much attention.
Have they leaked anything from Nintendo before?

FYI, Eurogamer were also the ones to host that interview with Shigeru Miyamoto where Pikmin 4 was confirmed and Galaxy 3 was...soft-confirmed?
Well, that's not a leak, that's an interview. That doesn't tell me what their record is in getting information under the table, although they did a fine job getting some over it in that case.

I probably sound a bit annoying to everyone right now but I'm clueless as to the average leak source and I want to make sure everything's golden before I accept something unannounced as near-fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom