• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No idea who half the people on here are anymore with all the avatar and name changes, lol.
Remember who I am?
True, it never got that much hate. The critics are pretty easy going on it.

It's usually the fans of other series, especially Naruto and Bleach, that love to **** on Fairy Tail within every opportunity. Usually poking fun at the "Nakama Power" tropes or even the overused fanservice.

The One Piece parallels with Fairy Tail is kind of clear, though I rarely see One Piece fans attacking Fairy Tail fans. Usually, you kind of see character comparisons like people arguing over Lucy being hotter than Nami.

Almost everyone however bashed Black Clover for being Naruto 2.0 because of things like Asta wanting to become the Wizard King (Hokage) or him being a louder and more hyperactive version of Naruto. To some extent, he's actually becoming a bit less of an annoyance. But it still doesn't stop people from hating the shonen cliches in it.
Naruto has the 'Sexy jutsu' anx it was used to defeat a major antagonist
Bleach has Orihime and Rangiku
They have no excuse to mock fanservice

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
According to Comic-Con International, Black Clover is the worst manga for all ages.

Not that surprised really since one of the first criticisms is that the manga is "Naruto with wizards". It's becoming the newest popular thing to hate since Fairy Tail.
Can I have a source on this? I just want to watch the whole world burn....

And I wouldn't compare it to the Fairy Tail hate yet. I didn't even get an anime adaption announced (I'm betting on it happening this Fall).

Chrono.

True, it never got that much hate. The critics are pretty easy going on it.

It's usually the fans of other series, especially Naruto and Bleach, that love to **** on Fairy Tail within every opportunity. Usually poking fun at the "Nakama Power" tropes or even the overused fanservice.
I know all shonens have Nakama Power and all but FT really goes off the rails with it.

One of the characters loses their 5 senses and still wins.

Somehow. Like, there's no sense of power scaling (almost as bad as Bleach in that regard).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member

I'm just here looking at the skill data fron the EOV classes and holy **** they look so much fun
Like a Tank class with actual damage and ailment options with a skill that basically creates a Substitute that takes single-digit damage, draws all attacks to it AND can be stacked up to 3 of it and a ****ing Scythe wielding class that can reach a 2100% damage modifier
According to Comic-Con International, Black Clover is the worst manga for all ages.

Not that surprised really since one of the first criticisms is that the manga is "Naruto with wizards". It's becoming the newest popular thing to hate since Fairy Tail.
I tried googling that manga but Google gave me mostly Black Butler stuff
I think it might be a sign or something
What's this Black Clover about other than being "Naruto with wizards"?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I know all shonens have Nakama Power and all but FT really goes off the rails with it.

One of the characters loses their 5 senses and still wins.

Somehow. Like, there's no sense of power scaling (almost as bad as Bleach in that regard).
Bleach doesn't have power scaling. It's actually Power Rocketing. That series has gone off the rails

Chrono.

Now I'm curious if FT is worth watching. I saw 3 episodes a few years ago and liked that
It's kind of a rollercoaster.

The first 4 or 5 arcs or so are pretty good, afterwards it starts dwindling a bit. The Magic Games Tournament arc and some stuff after that was the lowest point of the series for me which is when I jumped ship.

I heard whatever is going on now is decent, so who knows.
Bleach doesn't have power scaling. It's actually Power Rocketing. That series has gone off the rails
Probably why I think of the manga as an 80s action movie.

Stuff blows up, nothing makes sense and you get plot twists up the wazoo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I tried googling that manga but Google gave me mostly Black Butler stuff
I think it might be a sign or something
What's this Black Clover about other than being "Naruto with wizards"?
Asta was a boy who grew up in a world where every single human should have access to magic. But he's one of the few who doesn't have magic on his own, which may be a clutch on his dream to be a Wizard King. He would be blessed with the power of the Black Clover grimoire, granting him the power to use anti-magic against all magic users through a Black Sword. He has a rival named Yuno who specializes in Wind Magic and a love interest name Noelle who's part of the Royal Family.

Most of the story is based on the Black Bulls guild solving a variety of missions for the Clover Kingdom under the Wizard King's order. They are rather discriminated by both the other guilds and the royals being one of the worst of the bunch. Though Asta joining them really turned things around where they not only get to personally see the Wizard King, but fought off intruders that attacked the kingdom. It does get interesting in some parts, but just your textbook shonen with its cliches (the one thing it's criticized for).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I actually decided to look up what Black Clover is.

Oh my God. The premise, the characters and just the art literally SCREAMS Naruto.

This is just baffling

Also, I remember watching Bleach. Rukia got captured. After 40 episodes the issue wasn't resolved. I jumped ship then
Can't blame you. Even then there are charts to avoid all the filler

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, Boku no Hero? :troll:
Also, what's "anti-magic" in this case?
Close enough, but more like Naruto with his ninjutsu problem.

Anti-magic is the power to deflect or even nullify any forms of magic, which is done through Asta's sword. He can either mortally wound any magic users in a slash or play tennis with magic shots. Ganondorf would be ****ed if he ever fought him. :troll:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*cough*somethingdiscussion*cough*
If Third Parties are going to get twitchy about the NX not being the Neo/Scorpio, they're being ridiculous.

Not because they "owe" Nintendo anything, but because every game on the Neo/Scorpio is also supposed to work on the PS4/XB1.

Nintendo only needs to shoot for base Gen 8 power in order to be eligible for cross-platform, because the incremental upgrades are going to do the same or less than the DSi and New 3DS.

Not that I think Nintendo would necessarily get third party support even if they blew the Scorpio out of the water with ultimate teraflops. Third parties have plenty of reasons why they might not want to be on Nintendo. Their games wouldn't be the dominant sellers, Nintendo is "kiddy," the audience might not be there.

Nintendo has the right idea when they say they need to make their own games and once they sell the systems everyone else will come, because that's the hand they've been dealt no matter what they do with the console.

Chrono.

Well ****.
I know not to trust word of mouth, but he's not the only one saying this.

Early Access is a *****.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well ****.

Early Access is a *****.
Bro. I never liked how the game looked or what it was so this shouldn't surprise me.

It was looking like 1984 fused with Bioshock but with less of the interest

D

Deleted member

I woke up to seeing that on NeoGAF. I get that it's a rumor, but the idea doesn't sound really bad now that I think about it. I'm already wondering how the thing will work if it ends up like this-- mainly in regards to usability. It's kind of difficult to explain, but I'll try. You see, handhelds are meant for individual use... so in this case, every individual found in a household gets their own NX. Putting one of them on the docking station somewhat renders that moot as you only get to use one system to play locally.

And thus, I ask what happens to the other handhelds found in that household... are they simply left as normal, ordinary handhelds? I'm also skeptical about how Nintendo will integrate Nintendo Network as a result, particularly NNID. Considering handhelds are meant for individual use, it would only make sense for each NX to support only one account, just like the 3DS. However, given the idea of a docking station is present, wouldn't it be more like Wii U in that it supports up to 12 accounts? This effectively renders the idea of buying other systems as pointless.

What about games that don't contain file selection screens, and only have one save file? Does that have more to do with the Nintendo Network ID you're using? Do you have to buy more than one copy of a game (like Smash Bros.) to play it?

Geez, so many questions. Correct me if wrong. You guys can suggest ideas as to how should it work. I'm pretty bad at explaining things, so I know I'm not making any sense here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Another anime I'm curious about is the new Beserk one. It's good stuff apparently, but they skipped some stuff that had character development, which sucks. Someone even said David Production should have handled Beserk
There will never be a good Berserk anime, because Berserk isn't good in the first place.

Okay that's just a joke.

But I do hear the new anime isn't great, the complaints only begin at the subpar CGI animation...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
In terms of fairy tail,its a slow start but i say worth the wait.It has a bunch of fanservice but for the most part you watch it for characters and badass music.And also its better watch if you dont take it as serious as you do dragon ball,naruto,one piece,etc. that was never the goal of fairy tail until the GMG arc which is one of the worst arcs in the serious.Just watch it for what is and you'll enjoy it

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
NX Wishlist (That avoids stuff that will for sure happen)

A legitimately new 2D Mario
Wario World 2 (with Waluigi as a second playable character plz)
Mario Strikers 3
3D Kirby
DKC with K. Rool returning
2D Metroid
Pokemon Warriors (never gonna happen but this has the potential to be ****ing awesome)

:094:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If Third Parties are going to get twitchy about the NX not being the Neo/Scorpio, they're being ridiculous.

Not because they "owe" Nintendo anything, but because every game on the Neo/Scorpio is also supposed to work on the PS4/XB1.

Nintendo only needs to shoot for base Gen 8 power in order to be eligible for cross-platform, because the incremental upgrades are going to do the same or less than the DSi and New 3DS.

Not that I think Nintendo would necessarily get third party support even if they blew the Scorpio out of the water with ultimate teraflops. Third parties have plenty of reasons why they might not want to be on Nintendo. Their games wouldn't be the dominant sellers, Nintendo is "kiddy," the audience might not be there.

Nintendo has the right idea when they say they need to make their own games and once they sell the systems everyone else will come, because that's the hand they've been dealt no matter what they do with the console.
Nintendo dovetailing their home and handheld development is key here. If they can also retain some of their 3DS third party support things should look good on the software front.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember who I am?

Naruto has the 'Sexy jutsu' anx it was used to defeat a major antagonist
Bleach has Orihime and Rangiku
They have no excuse to mock fanservice
And you forgot about one more thing Naruto had.

D

Deleted member

You know what I love in RPGs? Classes that rely on combos
It's just so satisfying to set them up properly so they can deliver a barrage of skills all at once
Another anime I'm curious about is the new Beserk one. It's good stuff apparently, but they skipped some stuff that had character development, which sucks. Someone even said David Production should have handled Beserk
The current anime is apparently worse than the movies, and those at least had the beautiful animation
Berserk is cursed to never get a proper adaptation
Though yeah, David Production could probably make a decent one, but they need to finish Jojo first which will happen in 20 years or go bankrupt before that

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There will never be a good Berserk anime, because Berserk isn't good in the first place.

Okay that's just a joke.

But I do hear the new anime isn't great, the complaints only begin at the subpar CGI animation...
That and they whitewashed Casca and she doesn't look too good at all

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well ****.

Early Access is a *****.
To be fair, the devs are asking for feedback on this

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was gonna listen to the hour long GameXplain discussion about the NX, but then Sonic Mania music came up in the suggestions again.

Tee Lopes is an...

sonic_absolute_madman.jpg

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Thoughts on this new NX rumour...If it is true...

If done right this could be pretty big for Nintendo actually...As a concept it definitely shows a lot of potential...The gamepad got a lot of flak from a lot of the gaming community but the great thing about it was that it was more than just a controller, you could play almost any game on the Wii U pretty much anywhere within range...this concept takes that a step further, in addition you can most likely choose to play as a handheld with everything in your grasp or set yourself up somewhere with the screen on a table somewhere and play as if your on a home console pretty much anywhere...I would hope they have some sort of attachment for the controller pieces so it wouldn't feel too awkward holding these two little pieces...

One major concern is if such a device would end up being powerful enough of a console...It doesn't need to be huge in terms of power but it needs to be strong enough for the next generation of gaming...but seeing this device that looks very close to the current 3ds leaves some doubts...however, if true, this image is likely just a proof of concept to showcase the idea, the NX's actual design and build will likely still differ from this...

As a concept this looks like it would be amazing, but only as a concept...however this is still only just a rumour at this point so we still need to wait and see what's in store for us...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Oh yeah,this NX rumor is totally fake,just like those ps4.5 rumors.....Oh wait, well just like those rumors about the xbox one getting a new slimmer model that's more powerful than the xbox one.....Oh wait that was real too....Just saying just cause you dont like it doesnt mean it's not real

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo dovetailing their home and handheld development is key here. If they can also retain some of their 3DS third party support things should look good on the software front.
Well that's what Nintendo seems to have planned as far as home and console game development goes, regardless of whether or not the leak is real.

No guess on what their third party outlook is going to be, but if SEGA's sending over their biggest game next holiday then at least they're still on board.

Oh yeah,this NX rumor is totally fake,just like those ps4.5 rumors.....Oh wait, well just like those rumors about the xbox one getting a new slimmer model that's more powerful than the xbox one.....Oh wait that was real too....Just saying just cause you dont like it doesnt mean it's not real
And just because you don't like it doesn't mean it IS real, either. Remember the 3D printed fake NX controller that everyone insisted was real and hated?

I'm staying neutral on this until we have better evidence. I don't give a sugar plum about system power so if real I'd have to see how it works before making a judgement.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The PS4.5 and XBOS/Scorpio leaks had actual documents backing it up.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So Miss Cleo passed away at 53 due to cancer.

That's kinda shocking.
The PS4.5 and XBOS/Scorpio leaks had actual documents backing it up.
And wasn't leaked from Emily "I have gotten more things wrong than right" Rogers

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Well that's what Nintendo seems to have planned as far as home and console game development goes, regardless of whether or not the leak is real.

No guess on what their third party outlook is going to be, but if SEGA's sending over their biggest game next holiday then at least they're still on board.

And just because you don't like it doesn't mean it IS real, either. Remember the 3D printed fake NX controller that everyone insisted was real and hated?

I'm staying neutral on this until we have better evidence. I don't give a sugar plum about system power so if real I'd have to see how it work before making a judgement.
this is rumor is nowhere close to my vision to the NX.Actually it's what i didnt want lol.All i want is a regular system,no gimmicks, no cartridges, no hybrid just a regular system that focus on games. My point is dont throw this rumor out just yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
this is rumor is nowhere close to my vision to the NX.Actually it's what i didnt want lol.All i want is a regular system,no gimmicks, no cartridges, no hybrid just a regular system that focus on games. My point is dont throw this rumor out just yet
Nintendo said it isn't a hybrid. This rumour is strongly implying it's a hybrid
So Miss Cleo passed away at 53 due to cancer.

That's kinda shocking.

And wasn't leaked from Emily "I have gotten more things wrong than right" Rogers
That title is reserved for tama. From what I remember, at least Emily doesn't weasel her way out if wrong, not to mention she says 'RUMOUR!'

Chrono.

Wasn't Emily Rogers the one who spread the last "Mother 3 will be localized and revealed at E3" rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom