• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If it's true, then I'm worried about the battery life.

If the 3DS and Gamepad were any indication then it's going to suuuuuuuuuuuck.
It'll never be worse than the first Vita version.

The battery life barely last at all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If it's true, then I'm worried about the battery life.

If the 3DS and Gamepad were any indication then it's going to suuuuuuuuuuuck.
I was going to reply with a "What bad battery life?" when I remembered that I have a 3DS battery pack.

It's so nondescript, I forgot it was on there. :laugh:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A Japanese online store has recently revealed that four drama CDs for Fire Emblem Fates will be released on September 21, 2016. The drama CDs will expand on the story of Fire Emblem Fates, particularly focusing on Takumi, Leo, male Corrin, and female Corrin. The titles of the four CDs are as follows:
  1. Takumi’s Prequel – Corrin’s Homecoming Tale
  2. Takumi’s Prequel – Decision Time Tale
  3. Northern Fortress Tale – Leo and Xander’s Conflict
  4. Corrin’s Birthday Tale – Turbulent My Castle
Looks like the Birthright Drama CDs will focus on Takumi's perspective, specifically on the events leading up to male Corrin's first visit to Hoshido and the events leading up to the Branch of Fates. The Conquest Drama CDs will probably focus on female Corrin's time in the Northern Fortress, while the latter focuses on some slice-of-life My Castle fun. In addition, Intelligent Systems has fully supervised the stories for all the drama CDs as they were written by the development staff, and the voice actors of much of the characters from the game will return to voice them for this special occasion.

Another noteworthy treat coming with the drama CDs is that it will feature brand new character art illustrations (hopefully, it will feature all of them and not just a select number of characters). On that note, the Complete Box edition will come with two IC card stickers featuring Takumi + his retainers and Leo + his retainers respectively.

Look closely and you'll notice these card stickers have given us our first glimpse of Hinata, Niles, and Odin's official artworks!

The rest of the details regarding the Drama CDs can be read here. The voice cast even reveals which characters will appear in them.

I'm pretty excited for this myself! It will be very interesting to gain a deeper perspective on Takumi during those early game chapters. I don't know if I'll be lucky to purchase them, though those card stickers have already given me some incentive to get my hands on them sometime in the future.

D

Deleted member

A Japanese online store has recently revealed that four drama CDs for Fire Emblem Fates will be released on September 21, 2016. The drama CDs will expand on the story of Fire Emblem Fates, particularly focusing on Takumi, Leo, male Corrin, and female Corrin. The titles of the four CDs are as follows:
  1. Takumi’s Prequel – Corrin’s Homecoming Tale
  2. Takumi’s Prequel – Decision Time Tale
  3. Northern Fortress Tale – Leo and Xander’s Conflict
  4. Corrin’s Birthday Tale – Turbulent My Castle
Looks like the Birthright Drama CDs will focus on Takumi's perspective, specifically on the events leading up to male Corrin's first visit to Hoshido and the events leading up to the Branch of Fates. The Conquest Drama CDs will probably focus on female Corrin's time in the Northern Fortress, while the latter focuses on some slice-of-life My Castle fun. In addition, Intelligent Systems has fully supervised the stories for all the drama CDs as they were written by the development staff, and the voice actors of much of the characters from the game will return to voice them for this special occasion.

Another noteworthy treat coming with the drama CDs is that it will feature brand new character art illustrations (hopefully, it will feature all of them and not just a select number of characters). On that note, the Complete Box edition will come with two IC card stickers featuring Takumi + his retainers and Leo + his retainers respectively.

Look closely and you'll notice these card stickers have given us our first glimpse of Hinata, Niles, and Odin's official artworks!

The rest of the details regarding the Drama CDs can be read here. The voice cast even reveals which characters will appear in them.

I'm pretty excited for this myself! It will be very interesting to gain a deeper perspective on Takumi during those early game chapters. I don't know if I'll be lucky to purchase them, though those card stickers have already given me some incentive to get my hands on them sometime in the future.
I'm more interested in the official character art tbh, the pic is small but Niles's and Odin's artwork is looking great

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nintendo Life has an article up with this image:

large.jpg

An old Game and Watch... and the inspiration for the NX?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My NX wishlist

Advance Wars 5 (Please Please Please Nintendo!)
Golden Sun 4 (NX or 3DS. Doesn't matter to me)
Smash Bros NX (Not a port. A full fledged Smash Bros game)
F-Zero NX
Pokemon Stadium NX
Mario game in the style of either 64 or Sunshine
DKCR3 (With K. Rool as the main villain)
DK64 2
Gamecube Virtual Console

Also finishing A Link to the Past a while ago made me realize how cool the game would look like in full 3D. I'd be totally down for a 3D remake of ALTTP though it's probably never going to happen.
Would be really happy to see Young Link finished if they're going to somehow implement his MM masks. Even without it and they make him different from the 2 Links I would be very happy to play as him given that I never play as TLink.
Ura Ura Chrono. Chrono. Yeah after the matches i saw tonight,I dont think theres anything smackdown can do that can top it
SD's probably not going to live up to the standard RAW had but on a night where you had Sasha winning the Women's title and Balor becoming the #1 Contender for the World title there's not much you can do to top a show like that. SD can just have a good show and that will be fine really.

On an unrelated note I was reading a wrestling site and it was reported that SD stars were on RAW after the show ended which I absolutely hate because that shows WWE isn't strictly enforcing the Brand Extension the way they should be. I know it was only a dark match but they need to be really serious about enforcing this brand split otherwise we'll go back to the days of SD stars randomly appearing on RAW and RAW stars randomly appearing on SD.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We may have a Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion 2 on our hands. A "side-scrolling action brawler" named "Cartoon Network Battle Crashers" has shown up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cartoon-Ne...-1&keywords=Cartoon+Network+-+Battle+Crashers

Here's the info given:

- by Maximum Games (FYI, PTE's publisher Crave Entertainment went out of business in 2012)
- 6 Playable Cartoon Network characters with 8 different play styles for endless combinations
- 24 unique, action-packed levels
- Combine heroes' power to take out enemies
- 4-player local multiplayer drop-in, drop-out
- Unlimited amount of achievements, trophies, hidden room and objects to collect.

Unlike Punch Time Explosion, I probably don't feel fully excited this time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A tweet from Eurogamer writer

A hybrid could (technically) mean:
>Mainline Pokemon on console
>Fire Emblem on console
>Zelda on the go
>grand 3d Mario like galaxy on the go.
>A portable smash (which is already awesome) without the lost content of splitting a game
etc

If nintendo manages to get the execution right this has the potential to be amazing. . . of course Nintendo tends to fail at capitalizing.

Also someone on gaf said
"How about we call it tge Portable Nintendo Entertainment System"
:061:
Saw this article. If true, a mainline pokemon on a Home Console would be amazing!

I'm not fully buying the leak yet, but it makes sense. I really like the potential it has though.

and Side Note:

How did I not know Alex Hirsch ahas sent Gravity Falls Fans on a WorldWide Scavenger Hunt over the past 6 days? We could be getting some really cool stuff such as the unreleased pilot, and deleted scenes uploaded by Alex. And almost every clue has been found!

This is pretty awesome.

D

Deleted member

What do you want to see for NX?
- Metroid Dread
- Pikmin 4
- Metroid Prime 4
- Xenoblade 3
- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD Remaster
- Smash Bros. for NX
- Metroid II + Super Metroid Remake
- Paper Mario + Paper Mario TTYD HD Remaster
- The Legend of Zelda X Metroid 35th anniversary fan-game
- FF VII Remake
- Metroid 5
- DK 64 2
- Other M: Samus' Awakening

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's a shame Link between Worlds doesn't exist
My bad I meant in the style of a 3D Zelda game. I'm thinking how ALTTP would look like if it was done in the style of OoT only with modern graphics of course because I think it would look great in that style.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
NX wants

-A third "Super Mario 3D" game
-Super Mario Universe
-Pikmin 4
-Animal Crossing
-NES Remix 3/SNES Remix
-Sonic Mania
-Metroid Prime 4
-Kirby NX (Following the formula started with Return to Dreamland, with 1-4 players)
-Donkey Kong Country NX
-Smash 4X (The X represents cross; can either be a launch game or something to tide people over while waiting for Smash 5)
-Smash 5
-Minecraft NX as a launch game
-Wario Land Revival
-Revival of a one-off series (Ice Climber, Duck Hunt, Murasame Castle just to name a few)
-New IPs
-Spla2n

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Philosophical question of the day:

Is it possible to be a fan of a specific movie/game, but without being a fan of the said movie/game's series ?
From what I've seen, there's plenty of people who do just that, but they tend to be pretty horrid towards anyone who actually enjoys those series.

Where I'm from we call them Genwunners. :troll:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

A hybrid could (technically) mean:
>Mainline Pokemon on console
>Fire Emblem on console
>Zelda on the go
>grand 3d Mario like galaxy on the go.
>A portable smash (which is already awesome) without the lost content of splitting a game
etc

If nintendo manages to get the execution right this has the potential to be amazing. . . of course Nintendo tends to fail at capitalizing.

Also someone on gaf said
"How about we call it tge Portable Nintendo Entertainment System"
I see the potential but at the same time, I am extremely worried.......
And if true , then going by this info I'm disapointed.

It's essentially a 3DS with a second circle pad which should have been there in the first place that allows you to play on the TV.

The detachable controller things don't look comfy.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
y'know, I've been wondering. Does anyone genuinely enjoy Ice Climber for the NES?
Bought it for 3DS.

It's mildly entertaining at best, once you get used to controls. I give it a 5.0 because Smash BS. I do like the challenge of some of thier levels, I think they would be hard even if the controls were perfect.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's essentially a 3DS with a second circle pad which should have been there in the first place that allows you to play on the TV.

The detachable controller things don't look comfy.
That's not Nintendo's illustration though. That's just how someone else envisions it being like.

Chrono.

So, is I Am Setsuna any good?

Been curious but seems no one's really been talking about it.

NX wants
Kid Icarus Uprising
Kid Icarus "Classic" (a 2d Kid Icarus
Smash Bros 6
Mario Kart
F-Zero (even if I haven't played anything but the original lol)
2d Metroid
Metroid Prime
Pretty much everything Square Enix related
  • FFXV
  • FFVIIr
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Bravely Third
etc
3d Mario
Fire Emblem: Subtitle Blazing Blade plz
Mother 3 :skull:
Xenoblade *subtitle*
A bunch of other 3rd party titles there is no chance that Nintendo will get. (Not like NX is getting all those square games)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
y'know, I've been wondering. Does anyone genuinely enjoy Ice Climber for the NES?
I don't. The jumping is extremely stiff and bad which causes me easily to mess up, making simple obstacles a nightmare.

They better be lucky they became Smash fighters or I would have never touched that game.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
NX wants
Kid Icarus Uprising
Kid Icarus "Classic" (a 2d Kid Icarus
Smash Bros 6
Mario Kart
F-Zero (even if I haven't played anything but the original lol)
2d Metroid
Metroid Prime
Pretty much everything Square Enix related
  • FFXV
  • FFVIIr
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Bravely Third
etc
3d Mario
Fire Emblem: Subtitle Blazing Blade plz
Mother 3 :skull:
Xenoblade *subtitle*
A bunch of other 3rd party titles there is no chance that Nintendo will get. (Not like NX is getting all those square games)
If they go for a 2D Kid Icarus, I want them to make some new fresh formula while having some callbacks.

The way the classic ones work is horrible, imo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, I dunno if anyone's noticed this, but some pokemon in pokemon go have a blue background

What does that mean? Do the pokemon with blue backgrounds have a higher potential?

I haven't heard anyone talk about this

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
According to Comic-Con International, Black Clover is the worst manga for all ages.

Not that surprised really since one of the first criticisms is that the manga is "Naruto with wizards". It's becoming the newest popular thing to hate since Fairy Tail.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
According to Comic-Con International, Black Clover is the worst manga for all ages.

Not that surprised really since one of the first criticisms is that the manga is "Naruto with wizards". It's becoming the newest popular thing to hate since Fairy Tail.
I usually hear about anime and manga if its that bad or considered the worst of the worst but I've never heard of it.

Even then, I would have tried to correct you and say that Fairy Tail was "Naruto with Wizards" but it's actually "One Piece with Wizards"

We may have a Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion 2 on our hands. A "side-scrolling action brawler" named "Cartoon Network Battle Crashers" has shown up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cartoon-Ne...-1&keywords=Cartoon+Network+-+Battle+Crashers

Here's the info given:

- by Maximum Games (FYI, PTE's publisher Crave Entertainment went out of business in 2012)
- 6 Playable Cartoon Network characters with 8 different play styles for endless combinations
- 24 unique, action-packed levels
- Combine heroes' power to take out enemies
- 4-player local multiplayer drop-in, drop-out
- Unlimited amount of achievements, trophies, hidden room and objects to collect.

Unlike Punch Time Explosion, I probably don't feel fully excited this time.
And I though Pokken Tournament's roster size was puny*...

* When taking account the amount of potential fighters.

I'm not sure how to feel about that design...

Chrono.

I usually hear about anime and manga if its that bad or considered the worst of the worst but I've never heard of it.

Even then, I would have tried to correct you and say that Fairy Tail was "Naruto with Wizards" but it's actually "One Piece with Wizards"
Fairy Tail is just a worse Rave Master honestly.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
*cough*somethingdiscussion*cough*
We beat GameXplain in posting a discussion first! Again! (First time was the NES Mini).

Also, hey guys. Been a couple of months.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I call bull****. Fairy Tail never got that much hate
True, it never got that much hate. The critics are pretty easy going on it.

It's usually the fans of other series, especially Naruto and Bleach, that love to **** on Fairy Tail within every opportunity. Usually poking fun at the "Nakama Power" tropes or even the overused fanservice.

The One Piece parallels with Fairy Tail is kind of clear, though I rarely see One Piece fans attacking Fairy Tail fans. Usually, you kind of see character comparisons like people arguing over Lucy being hotter than Nami.

Almost everyone however bashed Black Clover for being Naruto 2.0 because of things like Asta wanting to become the Wizard King (Hokage) or him being a louder and more hyperactive version of Naruto. To some extent, he's actually becoming a bit less of an annoyance. But it still doesn't stop people from hating the shonen cliches in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom