• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I didn't really like the XY rivals. Shauna's alright. Tierno is kind of funny, and Trevor just exists, which is why he's getting wrecked in the league in the anime. Same for tierno, they sadly didn't get any real development in the anime, but that's not bad, as the rest of the rivals and characters are good.

Serena is good in the anime though as she has good development and is a nice supporter to Ash and the main cast.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

It's kind of sad that this beta footage trailer of FoodFight! looks so much better than the final movie.

Even the poop rat looks easier on the eyes than the what we see now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

It's kind of sad that this beta footage trailer of FoodFight! looks so much better than the final movie.

And now these guys are doing a Tetris trilogy.
What have we done to deserve this?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Even with better graphics, the script would have been the same cheesefest along with the forced fetish jokes.

And now these guys are doing a Tetris trilogy.
What have we done to deserve this?
Nothing. They just want to make us suffer while making more money off bad films.

I even want to see the first official trailer of the movie to see the controversy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People were pretty angry at how it was an exclusive, as well as it being F2P. The developer being Double Helix (for the first season) didn't help either.

That being said, the game actually came out and people warmed up to it more, since it ended up being really good.
Also the game came out during the Xbone's launch so it had time to grow and it benefited from since it went from a 7/10 fighter to a 9.5/10

Also Iron Galaxy (who worked on various fighting game ports and other fighters) did an amazing job with the game's later seasons and the setup was perfect which SFV will get better at the end but it'll take until 2018 to get to that point

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The animation definitely looks a lot better than the crap the final film got.

....but it still has all of the cringey characters from the final film. Dex and the Rat/Weseal guy are the only character designs that don't irk me for one reason or another.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not really sure my family is the best for giving advice

Their answers are always "Leave it to God/ Leave it to Jesus"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd rank the Pokemon rivals for fun. :p

Best to Worst:

Cheren and Bianca
Blue
Barry
May/Brendan
Hugh
Wally
Tierno
Silver (Yeah, I know other people like him, but he was never challenging and he's not even redeemable :p)
Serena/Calem (though the fan theory that you're their rival makes them much better)
Shauna
Trevor

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Best to Worst:

Cheren and Bianca
Blue
Barry
May/Brendan
Hugh
Wally
Tierno
Silver (Yeah, I know other people like him, but he was never challenging and he's not even redeemable :p)
Serena/Calem (though the fan theory that you're their rival makes them much better)
Shauna
Trevor
I'll separate Cheren and Bianca since they are really different from each other

Also the Kalos Trio (aside from Serena) kinda sucks.

• Hugh
  • Blue
  • Barry
  • Silver
  • Cheren
  • Serena
  • Wally
  • May/Brendan
  • Bianca
  • Kalos Trio

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Two women appear in the same shot.

Internet assumes they're lesbians.

It's cool if that's the intended idea, but seriously?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Internet assumes their lesbians.

Especially considering that they could just be friends at a Aquarium.

But whatever, I think that's why some people are like "wait what?" When I saw the news of that happening, I thought that it was Dory that was gay but not two random background characters that didn't have any lines

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Best to Worst:

Cheren and Bianca
Blue
Barry
May/Brendan
Hugh
Wally
Tierno
Shauna
Trevor
Ranking Rivals wynaut?

Silver-He uses a:215:...plus he goes through one of the best character developments for any rival :169:is a good representation of that, as his Golbat didn't evolve through friendship until later in the game when he finally started to understand what it meant to be a strong trainer....
Blue
Barry
N-People keep forgetting he is technically a rival in B/W...though he doesn't use one of the starters, but its the same case for Wally and the Kalos Rivals...
Cheren
Hugh
Serena
Wally-would be higher if he was more significant in the former half of the game...
May/Brendan-would be higher if they were more significant in the later half of the game...
Calem-sure, him and Serena are basically the same person just different genders, but Calem came across as exceedingly arrogant at times in comparison to Serena who just showed a lot of confidence...
Bianca-I think she's really annoying tbh...
Kalos Trio-overkill...at it's best....or worst...it's cool having 'friends' in your travels but we don't need so many rivals for freak sakes...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Same-sex couples are popular/fashionable at the moment, so we are conditioned by society to assume that people of the same sex bonding or holding hands or standing together are signaling that they are in a relationship rather than just friends.

You don't see this kind of thing happening with some other relationships. For example, I can hug my relatives and kiss them on the cheek when meeting them and strangers won't assume that we are lovers because of it.

----

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yo I remember my friend having a huge theory about the Shadow Triad being Cilan, Chili, and Cress because they're the ONLY gym leaders to not appear at the Plasma Castle raid.
Did we ever get information on that?
One of the Memory Links in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 revealed that Cilan, Chili, and Cress didn't make it on time when the Gym Leaders stormed N's Castle. The same Memory Link reveals why they quit being Gym Leaders, and we even see them fight the Shadow Triad.

Best to Worst:

Cheren and Bianca
Blue
Barry
May/Brendan
Hugh
Wally
Tierno
Shauna
Trevor
For me:

Wally - I just like this guy's development as a trainer, and you can especially tell with the Victory Road battle in OR/AS. Yeah, he could've had a few more appearances during the journey here and there, but he was still quite enjoyable. He also gets points for having a Gallade on his team.
Blue
Silver
Hugh
- Wish he had a few more battles here and there, but it was pretty interesting to see how he helped fight against Team Plasma because of his backstory.
Barry - I thought he was pretty funny, yet there were times when he was annoying and you felt like you wanted to beat him in a battle because of it.
Cheren
Bianca
Brendon/May
Serena/Calem
Shauna
- A little more memorable than Tierno/Trevor, but not so much
Tierno/Trevor - They were pretty forgettable TBH (though I recognize Tierno a bit more since he is rather funny in the anime)

Chrono.

Best to Worst:

Cheren and Bianca
Blue
Barry
May/Brendan
Hugh
Wally
Tierno
Shauna
Trevor
I'll rank mine:
  • Green
  • Silver
  • Hugh
  • Barry
  • Cheren
  • Bianca
  • Wally
  • Brendan/May
  • Calem/Serena
  • Tierno
  • Shauna
  • Trevor
Color coded them for fun. :p

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

That's assumptions for you. One person thinks it, then it just spreads on 'till the whole world thinks they're lesbians.

Funny how the internet works, eh?
Maybe they'll actually do that now

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll separate Cheren and Bianca since they are really different from each other

Also the Kalos Trio (aside from Serena) kinda sucks.

• Hugh
  • Blue
  • Barry
  • Silver
  • Cheren
  • Serena
  • Wally
  • May/Brendan
  • Bianca
  • Kalos Trio
Oh I definitely agree they're different. They're just tied on my list. :p

D

Deleted member

Best to Worst:

Cheren and Bianca
Blue
Barry
May/Brendan
Hugh
Wally
Tierno
Shauna
Trevor
My list:
Barry
Cheren
Hugh
Calem/Serena
Wally
May/Brendan
Bianca
Silver
Kalos trio
Blue (I found him really annoying personally)

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now that I think about it, I don't know if any of the rivals have ever made an impact on me. A lot of it could be I play them with the mentality of "gameplay first; plot later", but I couldn't tell you thing one about most of the rivals.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Best to Worst:

Cheren and Bianca
Blue
Barry
May/Brendan
Hugh
Wally
Tierno
Shauna
Trevor
Lets see, for me:

Cheren
Blue
Bianca
Silver
Hugh
Barry
Wally
May/Brendan
Serena/Calem
Shauna
Trevor/Tierno

For the first three, Cheren I like because he's friendly, but still competitive as his goal conflicts with yours so he does fight you so that he can surpass you. So it wasn't like you two were just friends with a common goal, you did actually have a rivalry going there and you challenged each other to move forward in your goals. I also did like his development since it just added more to what he wanted to do with his life after he succeeded, and becoming a Gym Leader I felt was a good conclusion to that. Bianca is similar, as while her goal didn't conflict with yours, she still used her adventure with you to find it, resulting in her becoming an assistant in B2W2. Blue takes second because technically (gameplay-wise, that's not the case as you always beat him) he was always one-step ahead of you, challenging you because he saw himself as superior, and in some ways did put his money where his mouth was considering he's usually getting badges and titles before you get to them. So managing to beat him for the title of Champion made your last victory very meaningful because story-wise you did beat him and show that for his talk, you were the better trainer. I also did like what happened with him in future games since it does show he took Prof. Oak's words to heart after his loss.

The Kalos bunch takes the last spots because overall, I can't say I cared for any of them. They don't really do much with their goals (aside from Serena/Calem, which is why they're higher then the rest), so they blend together and fall to the wayside because it's hard to get interested in them. So they ended up being forgettable to me since I didn't really enjoy my encounters or fights with them.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, a TRILOGY?

Isn't zero more than enough?
It should have been a tetralogy. Y'know, TETRis. :troll:

Wait, they aren't even confirmed to a couple?
People just assumed they are lesbian and started freaking out? Wat.

:231:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, they aren't even confirmed to a couple?
It's two women next to a baby cart that appear for two seconds and have one line of dialogue that isn't related to romance or sexuality.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's got that TETR because each shape has 4 blocks on it. Just tossing that out there
>Implying I didn't know.

The pieces are called Tetriminos, despite the mathematical term being Tetrominos.
It also spelled Тетрис in Russian and is one of the few good things that came out of the Soviet Union.

:231:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Apparently two guys or girls can't just hang around with each other as friends without being perceived as being (secretly) in love with each other according to the internet. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering some of the yaoi fan art I've come across.....

It's neat if that actually is the case, but it's probably jumping the gun on something that might just be a mother hanging around with a friend of hers.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know a great solution for the Tetris movies. Don't watch them
Unfortunately, that won't stop complaints. That said, the trailers should at least somewhat help a bit. Namely, to see if the storyline even has logic to it. Obviously you can't make a storyline accurate to the game's in this case, so that's not a way to judge it.

Maybe it'll be halfway decent. It depends if the first movie is even remotely enjoyable. If it's anywhere near as good as the Super Mario Bros. Movie(it was a terrible adaption overall, but very fun in its own right), then it might be worth waiting for the sequels. It has to be beyond atrocius(which isn't easy) for me to avoid the sequels. Like, it needs to be on the levels of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation bad. And that was actually a bad movie, even ignoring that it's an adaption. The first MK movie was overall fairly bad, but it was fun. It made each character overall memorable in a way. Meanwhile, the other movie had Sheeva die to a random falling cage. This isn't necessarily a bad fatality. But she never fought. She didn't even get a fatality directly, either. Rain got that privilege via Shao Kahn himself. Point being some deaths were pointless. Basically, too many characters, not enough worthwhile screentime. Oh, and Johnny Cage's early death was still better than Sheeva's, which is saying a lot, considering how many disliked him dying so early. I get the reason why, to push the new characters, but it was done in an awful manner. -_-

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I know a great solution for the Tetris movies. Don't watch them
You're neglecting all the possibilities it could be horribly amazing, though. Like if they just decided to insert a Dat Boi joke in there for no reason.

L Block:"HERE COME DAT STRAIGHT BLOCK"
(Straight block rides down the board on a unicycle)
Straight Block:"O SHIZZLE WADDUP"
(Straight block forms a Tetris)
(Censorship because they'd probably do that. It's a kids movie and stuff, right?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not a fan of Barry? :p
The Kalos trio were forgettable and could have been just removed from the gams
Barry was an annoyance every time you fought him, especially after getting out of Victory Road AND ACCIDENTALLY STEPPING TOO NEAR THE DOOR OH GOD EVERYONE IN MY TEAM IS ALMOST DEAD
shauna is the best rival in x/y....she trained 2 goodra (the one in her battle maison team is diffrent from the one in her last rival battle)
Or she's just a cheater
Colress's Magnemites change ability between the PWT fight and the next battle(which I think is the Plasma Frigate one)

I mean, it makes just as much sense to assume either way since there's no evidence proving or disproving it
Why make such a big deal about what the internet thinks anyways?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently two guys or girls can't just hang around with each other as friends without being perceived as being (secretly) in love with each other according to the internet. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering some of the yaoi fan art I've come across.....

It's neat if that actually is the case, but it's probably jumping the gun on something that might just be a mother hanging around with a friend of hers.
Can confirm. I've had people legitimately assume one of my best friends and I are a gay couple just because we are comfortable enough with each other to crash in the same bed.

-------------

Rosalina has some more dialogue in Rio Olympics Wii U, and she says at one point that "I've met so many adorable little people here in Rio".

That's hilarious, she considers us mere mortals "adorable little people".

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Can confirm. I've had people legitimately assume one of my best friends and I are a gay couple just because we are comfortable enough with each other to crash in the same bed.

-------------

Rosalina has some more dialogue in Rio Olympics Wii U, and she says at one point that "I've met so many adorable little people here in Rio".

That's hilarious, she considers us mere mortals "adorable little people".
She never calls them "little" if it's the French translation we're going by.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Wario dancing to a Reach for the Stars remix.

This and the Super Bell Hill remix are the only remixes they have I think, but they are pretty great.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

Wario dancing to a Reach for the Stars remix.

This and the Super Bell Hill remix are the only remixes they have I think, but they are pretty great.
I'm only just a little confused and a lot of disturbed right now.
I mean, we asked for this...?

So how does this work, anyway? Is it like, you choose the song and the character you are performs it? Or is the song attached to the character? Because a lot of people thought it was the latter, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom