• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sonic Mania's giving me some serious Freedom Planet vibes... From the way Sonic animates on slopes, to the background animations, to the color pallet, and even the whole "lets not make the main character bland as hell" thing.

Chrono.

Ladies and Gents, 2017 is about the drop the hottest track.......in 2017

Also known as look at all these games coming out next year

This year's holiday is pretty light thank God for that.

So far the must buys for me are:
  • KOF XIV
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Pokemon Moon
Just 3 games and I'm kinda glad because we all need a break and so our wallets. Next year looks absolutely stacked, however.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Possibly, though I have a feeling they would have added one more (Boom Sonic) if that was the case.
Maybe we'll get a playable Tails and Classic Tails, as well as Knuckles and Classic Knuckles.

I can dream.
I don't see why not at least Classic Tails & Knuckles, excluding flying/gliding and swimming they play pretty much identical to Sonic.

Also, how would they explain Boom Sonic? We know Classic is just a younger Modern Sonic but Boom is a completely separate version of the character presumably from a different Universe.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Also, how would they explain Boom Sonic? We know Classic is just a younger Modern Sonic but Boom is a completely separate version of the character presumably from a different Universe.
They would probably explain it by saying he's a Sonic from another dimension.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a problem fetching the tweet

hurgurdurr sanic isnt relevant hes just a maymay

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You forgot KH3 and the Modern Sonic game.

...OK KH3 hasn't technically been confirmed fr 2017 but the are apparently entering post production on it soooo...
I need some gameplay info for Sonic '17 and I still don't believe KH3 is coming out in 2017 until I see it be officially confirmed by SE

This year's holiday is pretty light thank God for that.

So far the must buys for me are:
  • KOF XIV
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Pokemon Moon
Just 3 games and I'm kinda glad because we all need a break and so our wallets. Next year looks absolutely stacked, however.
Same here.

• Gears 4
  • Pokemon Sun
  • Dragon Quest 8

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A lot of people are actually really bothered by the abundance of Classic Sonic, mainly in the Sonic Team game.

What a world we live in. Never thought I'd see the day.

Soul.

I expect more NX news on the 27th lol

Nintendo's First Quarter Earnings Release scheduled for that day. Sales hype as well.

Then new Pokémon Sun and Moon information on August 1st.

**** man, so many games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Being serious though.

This is the kind of night that makes me remember why I love Sonic in the first place.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Like I'm so physically drained yet so full of energy at the same time.

Is there a word for this feeling?

Chrono.

If the Project 2017 game is indeed Sonic Generations 2, they need to pull zones from games people wouldn't expect to be there.

Like Knuckles' Chaotix.
You just reminded me what Sonic Mania's aesthetic reminded me of so much.

It was Knuckles Chaotix (and Gunstar Heroes as well).

No wonder I liked it so much.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Can we change the thread title to:

"NintenZone Social 4.0: Only possible thanks to Totino's Stuffed Nachos"

or

"NintenZone Social 4.0: Featuring exclusive content regarding the world debut of Totino's Stuffed Nachos"

Chrono.

Why no Sonic Mania on Wii U or 3DS though ? :(
Probably too much too handle? That would be my first guess (especially regarding the 3DS).

Second reason would be that the Wii U is pretty much dead in the water and the NX is on the horizon.

Even though it wasn't confirmed, I really do think Mania will find it's way to the NX.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
When posting images/videos, please add a bit more substantial text to accompany them.
Bruh

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I know I'm relatively late for a few things - It's just that I've been watching a Let's Play of the fan-translation for Ace Attorney Investigations 2, and I'd definitely put the game high on my list for all time favourites of the Ace Attorney series. But, I still try to stay up to date. Sorry I couldn't watch the stream's chaos, but I take it there were plenty of thrills and misadventures alongside some great music too.

The Injustice 2 stuff they announced was also pretty cool as well. I expected Wonder Woman would be shown off, and I'm very happy with Blue Beetle joining the roster for Injustice 2 - He was definitely among one of my most wanted for the game. Next off, I'd probably want to see Static Shock join and maybe the other Teen Titans. As for my other hopefuls, I'd say Rorschach and Brainiac would be fun additions.

Sonic Mania looks great - and I am very excited as to what Sonic Team is working on with their new Modern Sonic game. All in all, it was an interesting day. Hopefully I'll contribute some more stuff relevant to discussion... Though in relation to Pokémon Go, I'm now doubting my affiliation with joining Team Mystic when my neighbours have joined Team Valor...

D

Deleted member

Sonic Mania reminds me of why I liked this series in the first place, and I'm glad they chose Christian Whitehead to develop it. As for the 2017 project (which I'll dub Sonic '17 for now), I'm not sure how I feel about the darker tone. Some gameplay of the latter game would have been nice, but I guess it's too early for that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sonic Mania looks really cool and gorgeous but something about it's art style is a tad strange. Like if the Genesis had Super FX chip games. I guess it reminds me of some of the better fan games. And I'm betting that's no co-incidence.

I wonder what direction Sonic '17 will take. They don't seem to be rushing it so hopefully we will get a full story instead of Generations which had the first part but cut the rest. Generations was still a good game mind, just wish Classic Tails had some explanation.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Was snooping around on Sonic Retro and someone pointed this out, the background for Green Hill Zone is actually redrawn, but they intentionally kept an error:

Except this time they actually fixed it - the gap has several pixels that make it up now and they cycle with the palette. So what was originally just a placement error has become a small river down the mountain.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sonic Mania looks like they're doing whatever they did for the awesome Sonic CD port back in late 2011 and making a full game out of it (why did it take them this long?). I wonder if the cut content from that port (wasn't there supposed to be a new Desert Zone?) will be used for this game?

Too bad I don't own a PS4 yet, as it's probably the first 2017 game I'm interested in. Also, $5 says they port Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic 2 mobile.

Generations 2, whatever people want to call & assuming that's what we're getting, almost had me worried until Classic Sonic showed up. The original Generations was the definition of short but sweet so it's good to see them building upon the concept and are taking their time. That said, I'm somewhat skeptical, if only due to SEGA still zig-zagging the direction they want to take Sonic in. Gen1->LW->Boom->2017

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Can I just point out that one of the first games confirmed for a Nintendo console is a Sonic game. There's some irony there.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wow...randomly turned on Go while at the office to start work and a wild Pikachu appeared...

'Excuse me, but work's going to have to wait a minute!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom