• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That remix of ending sonic from 8-bit Sonic 2 hit me right in the feels.

EDIT: Turns out it's NOT Sonic Generation 2. Silly Speedwagon, jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So...

What is the Resistance?
Doesn't the resistance happen in the comics?

Maybe based on that?

MY wild dream would be that other Sega Characters fight alongside Sonic, but that's probably not happening.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Now if only we knew when the NX was going to be revealed...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, we're basically getting Generations 2, but with what appears to be original levels?
I'm okay with this.

Wish we saw gameplay though...

I already love the tone the trailer has, something I feel has been missing from the series for a while.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That remix of ending sonic from 8-bit Sonic 2 hit me right in the feels.

Im glad they went with Sonic Generations 2 honestly. Yeah it's kinda playing safe, but i honestly prefer this over Sonic Adventure 3 (yeah i said it).
It's not Generations 2.

He specifically stated it's not a sequel and is a new idea.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Well, if we're gonna take one thing away from it.

Seems like they're going for a darker tone this time around.
last time that happened we got the monstrosities that are Ow the Edge and Sonic '06

but sonic team isn't nearly as messed up as it was ten years ago, so I have a lot of faith in them

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Dude.
That was amazing.
It started strong and finished with a bang.
Hopefully it doesn't just mean classic Sonic though it would be amazing to see Classic and modern tails too.
And maybe even Classic Knuckles alongside his Modern self.
I do wonder if this means the boost formulas making a comeback. Add a new game to the Boost trilogy.
Overall this was amazing and I couldn't be happier as a Sonic fan.
Thank you Sega, Aaron and all the people who made that possible it was worth every second.:4sonic:

D

Deleted member

It's not Generations 2.

He specifically stated it's not a sequel and is a new idea.
Yeah i went back and checked, sorry.

Still, the fact that is game is beign developed by the people that made Sonic Colors and Generations is a good sign for me.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
for the same reason im not hype for mania im not hyped for this hell mania contributed to this because it takes away the novelty of classic sonic being in a modern sonic game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
last time that happened we got the monstrosities that are Ow the Edge and Sonic '06

but sonic team isn't nearly as messed up as it was ten years ago, so I have a lot of faith in them
Sonic's problem was never "taking itself seriously". Even the Classics did that.

Shadow and '06 just went over the top with it.

More recent games did the opposite - tried so hard to play everything off as a joke or meme that it removed the sense of adventure from the game.

Games like Unleashed were Sonic at his best tonally, because the stakes and adventure was there, but they also had plenty of charming, funny moments. Like a Pixar movie or something.

This new game looks like it's gonna be like that, which a lot of people have been BEGGING for.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One of the Gamexplain Youtube comments on the trailer goes:

Holy **** did the fire nation attack?

I'm done
:laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not really excited for Mania, but I'll probably play it sometime

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

I was getting some Unleashed vibes from the trailer, which had a nice balance.

I think it'll be fine.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's something... Better I think? At least I hope it's better. Still not something new but hey, I'll take it. At least we know there's something more than just Mania.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
No im serious,if can get classic sonic back they need to go all out and get boom sonic,dreamcast sonic, archie sonic,etc. This better be something that threats sonic entirely. a sonicverse if you well.how many people will take me serious?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's something... Better I think? At least I hope it's better. Still not something new but hey, I'll take it. At least we know there's something more than just Mania.
How can you say it's not something new when you haven't seen gameplay yet?

Chrono.

I don't know, I'm kinda really low key disappointed at the Classic Sonic approach.

1st because it kinda cheapens Generations a little. 2nd because I just didn't enjoy the 2D levels in Generations all that much.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
One of the Gamexplain Youtube comments on the trailer goes:

Holy **** did the fire nation attack?

I'm done
:laugh:
When did the Fire Nation get robots?

Unless they truly upgraded since the end of Korra

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sonic's problem was never "taking itself seriously". Even the Classics did that.

Shadow and '06 just went over the top with it.

More recent games did the opposite - tried so hard to play everything off as a joke or meme that it removed the sense of adventure from the game.

Games like Unleashed were Sonic at his best tonally, because the stakes and adventure was there, but they also had plenty of charming, funny moments. Like a Pixar movie or something.

This new game looks like it's gonna be like that, which a lot of people have been BEGGING for.
While some of Unleashed's gameplay didn't work for me, I honestly found the story really good. It didn't feel anywhere over the top or too light. It was justtttttttt right.

That said, I can't wait to find out more about Resistance(which might as well be the codename till more information is gotten). There's a lot of possibilities. Possibly more characters(even if they're just essentially skins for each style).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also the NX is in the same group as current gen and there's no mobile and 3DS to be found, so NX in the ballpark of PS4/XB1 maybe implied? I mean that was to be assumed already but some people out there have been reeeaaaally negative nancies about the NX's power so maybe this is a good sign.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How can you say it's not something new when you haven't seen gameplay yet?
I'm just going off the trailer. IF the trailer is what it is trying to show, it looks like Sonic Generations 2. Which is fine I love Sonic Generations. I'm just making assumptions from the trailer.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
if it wasnt 7 am here I would be screaming

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My only worry is that the one section of the trailer showed Modern Sonic from a 2D perspective.

It's not gameplay, but it seems like they did that to convey that 3D-2D switching from the boost trilogy will be returning, which is something I don't want. It's not a big deal, but I would rather they focus on the 3D.

Sonic Stadium's forums are crashed now, though.

....SEGA won E3. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know, Sonic fans can sometimes have it rough. But there are those times were we can straight up say "I'm proud to be a Sonic fan." Tonight was one of those nights. Sure the stream could have been A LOT better, but from an announcement point of view, amazing. We got a game no one saw coming, Sonic in LEGO Dimensions looks like he had a lot of love and care put into him (I'm considering getting the game now), and of course, the big Sonic Team game.

Happy Birthday, Sonic!

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I don't know, I'm kinda really low key disappointed at the Classic Sonic approach.

1st because it kinda cheapens Generations a little. 2nd because I just didn't enjoy the 2D levels in Generations all that much.
i think the best thing to take out of this is that sonic team is maybe not designing the game around a new gimmick? i guess because sega isn't exactly doing very well financially they want to stay as far away from "experimentation" and keep a winning formula (for once). I see that as a positive, but we don't really know what's in store for Resistance so it could be anyting.

also yeah the 2D sections in generations are rough. the physics are kinda borked and some of the levels (cough Crisis City) are just baaad. hopefully this game improves upon them.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
It has an unleashed vibe going for it.
That's great cause it handled the dark tone perfectly alongside humour.
I honestly thought he was going to turn super before he started to run off.
Hopefully now with the new classic sonic game and Classic sonic himself returning.
They will make modern sonic fully 3d once again. that would be nice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I understand that its not new or groundbreaking...

But some stability is desperately what Sonic needs right now.

The series is on shaky ground. They're going back to styles that are proven to be successful and are demanded by hardcore and casual fans alike.

They hit it out of the park with Sonic Mania and Sonic Something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom