• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So let me get this striaght.Raw has the women,the tag teams, and the cruiser weight divison? How is that fair to smackdown?
I know. Asides from the main event talent which I think SD has a slight advantage in RAW beats SD in every other aspect; midcard, women's, and tag team division. SD needs to get it's midcard and tag-team division buffed and the women's division should be on one show instead of two because a division with 6-7 women is laughable.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Puff n Stuff was kinda of a jerk in the anime and is always annoying to fight in any Smash game (worst in Melee where DI almost impossible to do when going up against The Wall of Pain)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm against having third party characters of the same franchise for reasons I mentioned some time ago. Not a fan of doing that because I think there's a certain appeal of just having one character from one series in the game. Having another rep from the same series devalues that IMO because it feels special for said character being in the game. Not only that but that opens the floodgates to more and more third party characters and IMO the roster shouldn't be loaded with them when A) the focus should be on Nintendo characters and B) it takes away spots from characters of other third-party series.

It's a fanrule yes and it's most likely going to be destroyed/proven false come the next Smash Bros game but that's how I honestly feel about the situation.

Also I love the :4jigglypuff:. It would be a travesty to have her gone in any future Smash Bros title.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Puff n Stuff was kinda of a jerk in the anime and is always annoying to fight in any Smash game (worst in Melee where DI almost impossible to do when going up against The Wall of Pain)
Yeah, it annoyed me in both the anime and Smash that made me want to punch her in the face...or pop her with a pin. As of now, I just ignore her existence most of the time, because there are characters from other games that I hate way deeper than her.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, it annoyed me in both the anime and Smash that made me want to punch her in the face...or pop her with a pin. As of now, I just ignore her existence most of the time, because there are characters from other games that I hate way deeper than her.
Is one of those characters by any chance a FE or Kid Icarus character?

Because my title for most hated is still :4darkpit:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You get a lot of zubats? I rarely get those in my area
WELL APPARENTLY I LIVE IN MT. MOON.

Nah but seriously, there's tons of Zubat by me...which is good for me, since I actually really love the Zubat line.

But yeah, the common-ish ones around me are Pidgey, Ratatta, Sandshrew, Caterpie, Zubat, Eevee, and Clefairy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Apparently Nintendo doesn't care that a hacker group is promising to DDoS their game.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Well, from FE, I don't hate any, really, and I like Ike. :V As for KI, Paletuna? But I don't really hate her, I just find her a bit annoying. When it comes to my most hated from other games these are Haytham Kenway (I have always dreamed of strangling him...) and....The Rabbids? there's a third one from the Rayman games I can't stand, but it was because a person made me hate the character.

Chrono.

I know. Asides from the main event talent which I think SD has a slight advantage in RAW beats SD in every other aspect; midcard, women's, and tag team division. SD needs to get it's midcard and tag-team division buffed and the women's division should be on one show instead of two because a division with 6-7 women is laughable.
Smackdown got the weaker roster for sure, but I'm not about to write it off just yet. They actually have a solid draft at the moment.

They have a solid ME scene with Ambrose, Styles, Cena, Orton and Bray. Add to that Ziggler, ADR and Miz as good workers, Corbin as a rising star and Kalisto for flashy moments (even though I think he should've gone to RAW). Unless Smackdown crashes and burns badly, Smackdown can shuffle the deck main event wise and they have lower card guys and tag teams that can go.

Biggest mistakes imo were:
  • Not separating KO and Sami (seriously, way to make Battleground matter even less than usual)
  • Keeping Cesaro on RAW
  • Not making the Women's Division SD exclusive*
*= This is a maybe because Alexa and Carmella would just get lost in the shuffle if they were around Sasha, Charlotte and Dana.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

What do you know about Kasa-Obakes?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Did some research on some of the newly revealed pokes...

Bounsweets...

Purple Mangosteens found pretty much everywhere from Indonesia to Jamaica...Are sweet and sour and are known for the fragrant scents as well...
Wimpods
Isopods being a group of crusteceans found pretty much all over the place...many have probably seen the common pillbugs but there are plenty of species that are found underwater, same as most other crusteceans...Despite looking like a Trilobite/Horseshoecrab, Wimpods most likely based on these guys looking at it's segmented shell, antennae and tail...Purple colouring sort of matches also...I can actually imagine being able to encounter it either on land or water, given the terrestrial/aquatic nature of isopods (of course not much of a stretch since wild Shellos can be found on land)...also like Wimpod, they like to scavenge and can be quite skittish...

Edit: After some more digging Wimpod's most likely based on this guy...The Hawaiian Wharf Roach, which is of course an isopod...once again the colourations seem consistent as Wimpod has yellow/brown markings running down the center of it's back...

Of course some are the stuff of nightmares...but this guy's harmless though...a very suitable final form, perhaps with some tough armour making it a little tank...

One final thing They can be parasitic in nature sometimes as well...this is a form of symbiosis...Although it may be a bit uncomfortable at first the fish hardly notices once the isopod has fully settled in replacing it's tongue...The fish literally still uses it as it's original tongue...

Be an interesting outcome if Gamefreak does something with this...perhaps we could find a Wimpod using a Bruxish as a host or something...probably not, but still interesting to think about...
Mudsdales
Clydesdales are very pretty horses...

And people like to do things to their manes...

Pretty suitable having ground typing since horses do tend to stomp on the ground a fair bit, and their hooves can really leave an impression, very much like Mudsdale which can literally wreck streets and roads (and cars driving on them) with it's hooves...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did some research on some of the newly revealed pokes...

Bounsweets...

Purple Mangosteens found pretty much everywhere from Indonesia to Jamaica...Are sweet and sour and are known for the fragrant scents as well...
Wimpods
Isopods being a group of crusteceans found pretty much all over the place...many have probably seen the common pillbugs but there are plenty of species that are found underwater, same as most other crusteceans...Despite looking like a Trilobite/Horseshoecrab, Wimpods most likely based on these guys looking at it's segmented shell, antennae and tail...Purple colouring sort of matches also...I can actually imagine being able to encounter it either on land or water, given the terrestrial/aquatic nature of isopods (of course not much of a stretch since wild Shellos can be found on land)...also like Wimpod, they like to scavenge and can be quite skittish...

Of course some are the stuff of nightmares...but this guy's harmless though...a very suitable final form, perhaps with some tough armour making it a little tank...

One final thing They can be parasitic in nature sometimes as well...this is a form of symbiosis...Although it may be a bit uncomfortable at first the fish hardly notices once the isopod has fully settled in replacing it's tongue...The fish literally still uses it as it's original tongue...

Be an interesting outcome if Gamefreak does something with this...perhaps we could find a Wimpod using a Bruxish as a host or something...probably not, but still interesting to think about...
Mudsdales
Clydesdales are very pretty horses...

And people like to do things to their manes...

Pretty suitable having ground typing since horses do tend to stomp on the ground a fair bit, and their hooves can really leave an impression, very much like Mudsdale which can literally wreck streets and roads (and cars driving on them) with it's hooves...
Giant Isopods are an animal I want to eat. It's on my bucket list

Crustaceans are my favorite food

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I mean I love Shrimp and Crab...Lobsters are good too....

I can't really imagine eating the Giant Isopod though...

Man now I'm craving Crab Legs...actually my favourite food...

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Smackdown literally has nothing compared to raw.So what we have the wwe championship.We all know the odds of dean walking out with belt this sunday is like 10%.So than were gonna have 1 belt the IC belt.WWE really messed up something that was in reality very simple.Smackdown gets the divas,ic,and wwe titles. Raw gets the United states,cruiserweight and world heavyweight title. And the tag teams work both shows. Really simple and they somehow screwed it up

Bananija

Count of Trickery

For some reasons, this post made me laugh a lot. Probably because I'm tired.

Isn't the giant lobster one of the "nope" animals that someone mentionned earlier. I'm not sure who it was, but at least you know that Psycho will eat it before it can hurt you or something like that.

Chrono.

LOL ESPN prevented Fuudo from using the default R.Mika costume at EVO due to indecent exposure.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I hate Pokemon Go glitches. First the game glitches making me unable to catch a Kabuto, and today it glitched making me unable to catch an Onix.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'll admit I never really cared for crustaceans as a food, but...

...isn't the giant isopod closer to an undersea pill bug than anything else? I can't imagine it'd taste very good.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll admit I never really cared for crustaceans as a food, but...

...isn't the giant isopod closer to an undersea pill bug than anything else? I can't imagine it'd taste very good.
Maybe he likes eating pillbugs.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think I want to make this post about something different.

Anyone know some games I should try?
If you haven't already...
Bayonetta1/2
KI of myths and monsters / OG KI.
Rayman Legends / Origins
Child of Light
Rise of Tomb Raider
Ac4 Black Flag
Pikmin 3
DK Tropical Freeze
Kirby Triple D /Robobot
Pokemon Go.
@Zebei has directed me to the most accurate thing yet:
In London Drowezee's are actually even more common than pidgeys and rattatas and Weedles are slightly less common.

If there's any "rule" that I would absolutely love to see ripped to shreds, thrown in the trash and lit on fire, it's the "one character per third party franchise" rule.

Is it bias? OH, ABSOLUTELY! But my most wanted is my most wanted, and it WOULD fulfill that ancient Melee April Fool's joke in it's entirety.

And hey, a second Sonic character would be more well known than three quarters of the roster, not as wow as Sonic or not. Certainly one would overshadow most of the newcomer requests people make in terms of sheer name recognition.

. . .I mean, I'm really happy they actually gave me that Mii Costume I wanted, but imagine how much more fun it would be without having two faces?
If it does happen I won't complain and moan..... for too long. :p I'm against the idea for soooo many reasons and it's the only fan rule I can stick with.

But I feel you man, I would like another Bayonetta or Streetfighter character even tho it should never happen. (unless ofc Ninty ends up owning the IP)

I can tell that you have never played Uprising...
Dark_Pit_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_8.png

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Apparently Nintendo doesn't care that a hacker group is promising to DDoS their game.
Bah, I don't even think those script kiddies are even doing anything. The game goes down of it's own accord due to so many players and then some 1337 h4x0rz take credit. Ever wonder why they do it every christmas? The answer is, they don't. The servers go down due to everyone getting new games and consoles, thus overloading it.

Speaking of Nitnendo, Animal Crossing New Leaf is finally getting amiibo support and in the way we all wanted. Scan a villager's card to get them in your town. No messing aroudn with resets and arcane trading rituals.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Animal Crossing: New Leaf is getting an update that adds amiibo functionality.

Now that's unexpected.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Pokemon movie with Diance was very entertaining.

Looks like Nintendo is trying to cash more with AC New Leaf since the next handheld is kinda far away....tho it could release next year as well who knows.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Please open up on of these in the Netherlands...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The food actually looks amazing.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Wow I'm actually going to be in Osaka after the Osaka cafe is open
It's near the Umeda subway station which is just four stops from where I'll be staying so Kirby gourmet delights will hopefully be mine to savour soon
(Also the presentation demos are amazing)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Actually, Nintendo has been telling me to create a new IP. But then, they're also telling me to make more Zelda games. I can't really share much; I'm not sure I'm allowed to say anything. But I really like the idea of a game where I can live as a thief. That's all I'll say. - Aonuma

Thief from unannounced Nintendo IP confirmed for Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom