• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Weekly Shonen Jump has a another cancellation round with 3 new series coming in issues #35, #38, and #39 respectively.

That red flag is getting bigger and bigger for Bleach's imminent ending. Too bad most of new series look kind of mediocre (being from noobs who's previous mangas were failures).

Chrono.

SEGA Mobile RPG confirmed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Weekly Shonen Jump has a another cancellation round with 3 new series coming in issues #35, #38, and #39 respectively.

That red flag is getting bigger and bigger for Bleach's imminent ending. Too bad most of new series look kind of mediocre (being from noobs who's previous mangas were failures).
Only one month remains until Bleach will have it's final swan song. But what other manga can end along with it? We know for sure that Mononofu got the axe this week and there are three new series coming (plus we haven't had one-shots in the magazine for years). Toriko seems to be stretching to the final boss while Nisekoi just got a new editor for the story and Gintama doesn't seem to be anywhere near an ending yet. I guess we'll find out in 4 more weeks. In the mean time, Shueisha (the hand) can continue to tease Kubo (Orihime) until the very end.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I guess we'll find out in 4 more weeks. In the mean time, Shueisha (the hand) can continue to tease Kubo (Orihime) until the very end.

Why is this too accurate? Why? :laugh:

My bets are going to be Nisekoi. I see literally nothing else they can do in the story other than have Raku choose his girl. Takuan & Bakuo can be cancelled, but part of me doubts they would kill off a new series that fast unless it's as bad as E-Robot (Why did this clown get a second chance at writing a new manga when it sucked harder than a Blow Pop?).

Soul.

Hyper Training is already the greatest of all time.

IV training. Finally. This **** is the best.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why is this too accurate? Why? :laugh:

My bets are going to be Nisekoi. I see literally nothing else they can do in the story other than have Raku choose his girl. Takuan & Bakuo can be cancelled, but part of me doubts they would kill off a new series that fast unless it's as bad as E-Robot (Why did this clown get a second chance at writing a new manga when it sucked harder than a Blow Pop?).
Because you and I both know that Kubo is the victim in this situation, like most successful mangaka that were forced to cancel their long running series unlike the more privileged Togashi and Oda.

On the subject of the E-Robot author's new work, it's described as Monster Musume with human women. There is no way in hell I can see it lasting longer than three months when we already have Ghost ***s (a harem manga that's already getting popular) and IF Nisekoi isn't the one to be cancelled during this route.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sometimes I wonder if part of Hyper Training's existence is to cut down on people making hacked Pokémon with perfect EV stats.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
BTW there was a rumor/leak/whatever you want to call it for a sega mashup mobile game recently so this announcement is kind of funny. Who knows if they are related.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241497#post210725211

INB4 the SEGA mashup game is Sonic's 25th anniversary game. :troll:

:061:
i sent in a tweet for the only easter egg worth having "unlock segata sanshiro by having your greeting/friend message be "you must play sega saturn"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So more cancelled Disney Infinity information surfaced.

Relatively minor, but we got information on how Peter Pan would have fought in the game. Alongside him utilizing his flight and his daggerplay, he was going to be able to send his shadow after foes to fight them.

That last part was something I'd been predicting and really wanting for so long, too. Ah well, at least I can take comfort in the fact that he would have been a perfect representation of himself.

Rest in Pan, Peter Peace.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What alternate costumes would you like to see added to Smash in the future?

I'm not really talking about alternate characters on this one, just different alts for the same character and name.

I think I'd love to see helmetless Mega Man. I wanted it during prerelease, and I still think it sounds like an awesome idea now.

Zero Suit Samus with her hair let down to more closely match her various game completion screens would be nice, too. It'd make her a little more interesting to choose.

There's a few other little ideas for one or two outfit spots for various character I have in mind as well, but the above two would probably be some of the more thorough in the "alt" department.

Anyway I was going to ask this while the thread was dead in order to pick it back up, but I took too long and it solved itself. It's still good to check ideas once in a while though, so what would you guys go with?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I'm not really talking about alternate characters on this one, just different alts for the same character and name.

I think I'd love to see helmetless Mega Man. I wanted it during prerelease, and I still think it sounds like an awesome idea now.

Zero Suit Samus with her hair let down to more closely match her various game completion screens would be nice, too. It'd make her a little more interesting to choose.

There's a few other little ideas for one or two outfit spots for various character I have in mind as well, but the above two would probably be some of the more thorough in the "alt" department.

Anyway I was going to ask this while the thread was dead in order to pick it back up, but I took too long and it solved itself. It's still good to check ideas once in a while though, so what would you guys go with?
I'm still waiting for Outset Toon Link myself....

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Pac-Land Pac-Man
Classic Sonic
Mega Man in X's armor
Doctor Luigi
Dry Bowser
Rosalina's prototype design
Justin Bailey outfit for Zero Suit Samus
Mario's vacation jacket and sunglasses from Sunshine.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Cloud's look in Kingdom Hearts.
Marth's original outfit.
Outset Island Toon Link
Shulk's other armours.
Mario's Jacket and Sunglasses from Sunshine.
Fusion Suit Samus
Bayonetta's Nun costume.
Corrin as a Hoshido/Nohr Noble

Well I wa-

I'm not really talking about alternate characters on this one,
oh

1. All shiny forms if they din't already exist
2. Helmet-less :4samus:, all armors of Samus (Fusion, light, Dark, etc)
3.:4falco::4fox:Assault design
4.:4lucina: Great Lord/other class
5. :4shulk: Pick one of his armors that isn't in the game.
6. MOTHER****ING KH CLOUD

The one I bring up every time this topic shows up

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

• Outset Toon Link
  • Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament)
  • Masked Dedede
  • Pajamas Ness
  • Bearded Ryu (Street Fighter V)
  • Cosmic Rosalina
These are the main ones I'd like to see. Outside of these though, there are a few characters alts I'd want.

D

Deleted member

After venturing into the world of the Interwebz, i found out some interesing details about Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

http://shmuplations.com/symphony/

>There was originally an Alligment system determined by the use of Dark Magic and Holy Sub-Weapons. Depending on which one you used the most, the ending would be different.

>The game had many different subtitles, like 聖魔のトリル (Seima no Toriru) i have no idea what this means so be my guess. For the record, the game's final name in Japan ended up beign Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku (Demon Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight).

>
I think anyone that knows about the regional differences of the game knows already about this (i knew this already), but i will mention it anyway. In the Japanese PS1 and Saturn versions of the game, there are two other familiars known as the "Sprite" (or "Pixie" or "Half-Fairy" as it is called in the interview or "Fairy" in Dracula X Chronicles) and the "Nose Devil". The "Nose Devil" is based on Joji Yanami (the Japanese Voice Actor for the Nose Devil) while the "Fairy" will sing a song called Nocturne to Alucard if he sits on a chair after a while. Both of these familiars (alongside the song "Nocturne") are absent in the International PS1 version of the game, but are obtainable in the Dracula X Chronicles version for PSP.

>One of the earliest ideas for the game was using the setting of Castlevania Bloodlines and have the Belmont as your enemy.

>Elizabeth Barthley from Bloodlines and Gilles de Rais from Castlevania 64 were meant to appear in SOTN, but were removed. The game's dialogue was more "deep" and "involved", but that was removed too since it interrupted the game's progression.

>According to this interview, this is what happens after SOTN's ending:
-Maria goes after Alucard (duh) and their whereabouts are unknown.
-Richter is the one that passed the Vampire Killer to the Morris Clan and after that, he dissapeared with Anette.

The game's main concept was to make a game that changed the formula of the Castlevania series, yet it felt like a Castlevania game at the same time.

Phew, that was a long one.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
What alternate costumes would you like to see added to Smash in the future? I'm not really talking about alternate characters on this one, just different alts for the same character and name.
I think it'd be pretty cool to have Samus's alts to actually be her other armor suits. Dark Suit, Fusion Suit, Gravity Suit, Light Suit, PED Suit, and the basic Power Suit would all be pretty cool to see.

Other than Samus, I'd love for all the Pokemon to actually get their shiny versions. The fact that some Pokemon don't have their boggles my mind.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Breath of the Wild blue tonic Link (with no hat)
Hoshido/Nohr Noble Corrin
Shiny versions of all the Pokemon
Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken
Outset Toon Link
Bearded Ryu from SFV
Different clothing for each alternate color of the Inkling
Mario and Luigi without their hats
Peach and Rosalina's sports outfits from the Mario spinoffs
White tuxedo Layton from Miracle Mask+ (if we get Layton for the next Smash)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pac-Land Pac-Man
Classic Sonic
Mega Man in X's armor
Doctor Luigi
Dry Bowser
Rosalina's prototype design
Justin Bailey outfit for Zero Suit Samus
Mario's vacation jacket and sunglasses from Sunshine.
*takes mental note of the Mario vacation outfit*

Funny how I've seen that before but it never clicked.

*slips in in the alt notes beside Referee Mario*

Justin Bailey was actually part of what I had in mind for one of the Samus loose hair alts. There's a couple of other outfits roughly resembling 100% completion outfits, but not that one.

Cloud's look in Kingdom Hearts.
Marth's original outfit.
Outset Island Toon Link
Shulk's other armours.
Mario's Jacket and Sunglasses from Sunshine.
Fusion Suit Samus
Bayonetta's Nun costume.
Corrin as a Hoshido/Nohr Noble
Well I wa-

oh

1. All shiny forms if they din't already exist
2. Helmet-less :4samus:, all armors of Samus (Fusion, light, Dark, etc)
3.:4falco::4fox:Assault design
4.:4lucina: Great Lord/other class
5. :4shulk: Pick one of his armors that isn't in the game.
6. MOTHER****ING KH CLOUD

The one I bring up every time this topic shows up

These classic outfits are nice ideas.

And the class upgrade ones too.

*throws Grandmaster Robin onto the pile*

I don't know why I forgot Helmetless Samus for a moment, I know I had that in mind at some point.

• Outset Toon Link
  • Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament)
  • Masked Dedede
  • Pajamas Ness
  • Bearded Ryu (Street Fighter V)
  • Cosmic Rosalina
These are the main ones I'd like to see. Outside of these though, there are a few characters alts I'd want.
Masked Dedede would be picked at all the tournaments, I can see it now. :awesome:

Looking over every post answering so far, I think a couple might be unfortunately hard to implement for one reason or another (I.E. Proportions, attack requirements, regional differences), but I'm seeing a bunch of good ideas here.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this talk about alt costumes and I can only think of one thing...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

:4bayonetta:Fancy dress and Nintendo costumes
:4falcon:Nekkid Shulk variant (drools)
:4cloud:Miss Cloud (with higher voice pitch)
:4dedede:Masked Dedede
:4ganondorf: Hyrule Warriors Dorf
:4greninja:Synchro Greninja
:4kirby:Kirby Cafe variant/ Robobot goggles
:4link:Fierce Diety masked if applicable
:4lucas:Commander Lucas
:4lucina:Great Lord
:4luigi:Mr L
:4mewtwo:Armoured Mewtwo
:4peach:Shadow Queen
:4robinf:Grandmaster
:4ryu:Hot Ryu
:4samus:All her Prime Suits and Fusion Suit
:4sheik:Hyrule Warriors
:4yoshi:Boshi

Decided to listen to Holy Diver. Pretty damn cool

D

Deleted member

*screams internally*
Sad part is I'll probably watch it
"Hey guys, Shrek 4 is the last one, you can trust us on that one!"

Alternate costumes? Well, most that I want have already been mentioned bu--
:4cloud:Miss Cloud (with higher voice pitch)
Wait, hold on, lemme fix that
:4cloud:Miss Cloud (with same voice pitch)
There, fixed

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

In case anyone wants to see the perfection that has started to be discussed.

:woman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well i have some ideas:

-Classic Link.
-Classic (Pantless) Marth .
-Ocarina of Time Ganondorf.
-Outset Toon Link.
-SNES Captain Falcon .
-Armored Mewtwo.
-Breath of the Wild Link.

Yeah i know, most of these costumes are in Project M, but i still want them in an Official Smash game.

But there's one costume that i want more than anything else:

(I also want Dark Meta Knight but since you excluded different characters he's not mentioned)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dreamworks...

Shrek had an ending...

Let it rest in peace...