• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
SEGA Mobile RPG confirmed.
Bayonetta or I legit riot.
Yeah but Pixar has been pretty shoddy and bad in the past 7 years since Cars 2.

I liked Toy Story 3 but it was kinda of a repeat of the second movie
Cars 2 sucked
Up was great in the first 20 minutes and the last 30
Brave was boring
MU was kinda bland but I like the prequel idea
I haven't seen the Good Dinosaur yet and I liked Inside Out for what it was

Dreamworks has been doing better than Pixar but they have both fallen off and looked really bad in most cases. Especially Pixar who have higher hopes for.

Give Dreamworks credit, outside of Kung Fu Panda 3, their movies have been pretty good. Shrek still hasn't been good since the second movie though
There's so much I disagree with you there that it's not worth pinpointing exactly what or why.
Legendaries and Ditto have a 0 percent appearance rate. Nikki posted it on her Twitter yesterday. Definitely some kind of event Pokemon
RIP hopes and dreams.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*screams internally*
Sad part is I'll probably watch it
NO! You said there wouldn't be a fifth so let's not. I hope it's good, but it probably won't be.
>tfw a giant Build-a-Bear is bigger than you.
It's actually

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shrek 5/5hrek?

The first two films were fantastic, honestly. I mean, there's a reason the first one was the first ever winner of Best Animated Feature at the Oscars. And two was even better than that.

And then three was awful. Seriously. And honestly most of the problems could be traced back to Artie being one of the single most unlikable characters ever. Whiny, angsty teen who is destined to be king. And then (Shrek The Third spoilers I guess?) he Gary Stu's away what could have been a cool final battle.

That and Charming was an awful villain. He worked in Two because he was a comic relief manchild side villain to the main villain. Putting him in the main antagonist role didn't work.

The side characters were honestly the best parts, with the Gingy and Pinocchio scenes (and the team name scene) being legitimately funny. That, and I thought Eric Idle was great as Merlin ("JUST TRYING TO SET THE MOOD!") but he was criminally underused. Oh, and the "the only thing holding you back...is you" *Artie points at guy in cowd* "Me?" "GET'EM, LADS." part was worth a laugh.

...I think I just listed all five enjoyable jokes in the movie.

Having the side characters be more likable than the main characters is a sure sign that your film is doomed. For gods sake, the Christmas and Halloween specials were better...

Forever After, while pretty mediocre (I mean, it was just "It's a Wonderful Life feat. Shrek") at least gets points in my book for not having the series end at the Third. That and Rumple was honestly a pretty good villain, and the Pied Piper was neat. And having I'm a Believer play at the last scene at least was a nice way to wrap it up.

I mean, I hope 5hrek is good, but...I mean, it's been twelve years since the last good Shrek film.

That being said, Shrek Superslam for EVO 2017. Gingy top tier.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Interesting video on Pokémon GO:

It's almost a week old though, so it's a little dated.

You heard me.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The scene where Pinnochio was trying to avoid telling Prince Charming were Shrek is was probably the only funny scene in Shrek the Third.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What alternate costumes would you like to see added to Smash in the future?

I'm not really talking about alternate characters on this one, just different alts for the same character and name.

I think I'd love to see helmetless Mega Man. I wanted it during prerelease, and I still think it sounds like an awesome idea now.

Zero Suit Samus with her hair let down to more closely match her various game completion screens would be nice, too. It'd make her a little more interesting to choose.

There's a few other little ideas for one or two outfit spots for various character I have in mind as well, but the above two would probably be some of the more thorough in the "alt" department.

Anyway I was going to ask this while the thread was dead in order to pick it back up, but I took too long and it solved itself. It's still good to check ideas once in a while though, so what would you guys go with?
I actually have one for a fair amount of characters...
:4bayonetta:: The Ninendo Costumes. At least the Star Fox one.
:4charizard:: Proper shiny.
:4cloud:: Cloudina.
:4diddy:: His "rap" get up from his DKC2 victory animation.
:4dk:: Boxer.
:4falco::4fox:: Assault.
:4ganondorf:: OoT & HW Designs.
:4greninja:: Proper shiny.
:4myfriends:: His PoR design back.
:4jigglypuff:: THE HEADBAND. THE CROWN.
:4kirby:: Chocolate Kirby.
:4link:: OoT and Shirtless.
:4lucina:: "Marth"
:4marth:: Original outfit.
:4mewtwo:: Armor & Shadow.
:4olimar:: His missing Brawl Alt.
:4palutena:: Classic Design.
:4peach:: NES Colors.
:rosalina:: Cosmic Guide.
:4ryu:: Bearded.
:4sheik:: HW Design.
:4shulk:: Actual armors.
:4tlink:: Outset. Hair color changes with Red, Blue, Purple tunics.
:4wario2:: HIS BRAWL COLORS BACK.
:4zelda:: OoT, SS, and HW Designs.
:4zss:: Justin Bailey.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Costumes?

Grandmaster Robin, Pajama Ness...

And "Mr. L" Luigi.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Interesting video on Pokémon GO:

It's almost a week old though, so it's a little dated.

You heard me.
I mean, this pretty much gets back to what a lot of people have been saying, or at least thinking.

NX needs to really be a success because if it isn't, it might mark the end of console development for Nintendo. Not because they can't feasibly make another one, but because they will watch everything else they are putting out, like their mobile stuff doing so much better and they will just opt to focus more on those things.

Nintendo X Mobile isn't automatically a recipe for success because Nintendo's developers and higher-ups have proven time and time again how out of touch with the current market they are. Mobile Gaming is a side of the industry that demands being in touch, so Nintendo's quirkiness and desire to be so different isn't going to carry them here (like how it didn't carry the Wii U).

Pokémon GO seems like an unstoppable juggernaut right now, but it can't continue to be if it keeps going like it is. More and more people are starting to realise that the game itself isn't actually very good at all since it barely works, and are putting it down as a result. I've also heard you hit "the wall" when your Trainer Level hits Level 20. At that point, it becomes really hard to level up your Trainer more and you basically stop progressing in any meaningful way. Combined with the fact that fads are so common in the mobile industry, it's not too hard to imagine Pachter being completely right about the game falling off in 4 months. I think it could fall off in an even shorter time depending on how well the servers are maintained and depending on whether or not they fix major issues like the broken radar quickly enough. Negative news stories like more robberies, injuries, or deaths being caused directly by the game could also effect the game's sustainability.

It's great that Nintendo's stock prices shot up but Nintendo fans need to stop saying this means Nintendo is sorted and we have nothing to worry about. Especially since Pokémon GO isn't truly a Nintendo product. It's not made by them and it doesn't reflect Nintendo's plans going forward.

This stuff has been on my mind for a while now and I've just sort have been waiting for a good chance to mention it.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
There's a fifth Shrek film now?
... It was the memes that brought him back, wasn't it?
OK but seriously, I really hope that the movie is REALLY good. After the bad 3rd and the OK but nothing great 4th I don't want what might be the last film to flop.

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't believe a Detective Pikachu movie was confirmed before the localisation of the actual game.

Heck, did Japan even get any more episodes of the game after that initial release?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a challenge for you guys!

Scenario: in an alternate version of the world, Nintendo stopped creating characters after the NES! Games in the relevant series still happened down the line as if nothing happened, but now you're in charge of making the first Super Smash Bros. roster for...the NX?! Yep. Despite every other game happening, Smash hasn't yet. Uprising still happened and Fire Emblem came to the west, for example, but Smash hasn't existed yet. But thanks to you, it will!

Rules
Create a Smash Bros. roster with the following criteria:

- Twenty characters, maximum
- Only characters that either made their debut on the NES OR made their debut in the arcades and had an NES port are acceptable (the last part is so you can still add Mario :p). NO OTHER SYSTEMS are allowed.
- In these circumstances, you may take a character's later appearances into account. For example, Luigi can use Luigi's Mansion stuff, since that game still happened, but like, King Boo was a normal Boo and E Gadd was Prof. Hector or something.
- Modern DK can be used since Donkey Kong is still the character's name, but if you want the wielder of the Triforce of Power, it must be Ganon and not Ganondorf, since it's a new form with a new name, and as such can be considered a new character.
- Third Parties are allowed, but they MUST follow the same rules for inclusion as Nintendo characters.

So, who do you choose?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sudden thought*

I hope they save a couple of the recipes from the Kirby Cafe for the restaurant they'll have at the Nintendo section of Universal.

I mean, they probably won't, but these dishes look so beautiful that it's kind of a waste to just put them in temporary places and then never use them again.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I hope the villain of the movie has a plucky Rattata sidekick voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Past 1AM
>Both mother and sister are out
>Was told sister would be home at 10PM
>Was told mother would be home at around 12PM
>Neither are home
>Neither will answer their phones

I guess this is preparing me for fatherhood, even though that is something I will probably never have.

Oh well, not like I wanted to go to bed early yet anyway...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Scenario: in an alternate version of the world, Nintendo stopped creating characters after the NES! Games in the relevant series still happened down the line as if nothing happened, but now you're in charge of making the first Super Smash Bros. roster for...the NX?! Yep. Despite every other game happening, Smash hasn't yet. Uprising still happened and Fire Emblem came to the west, for example, but Smash hasn't existed yet. But thanks to you, it will!

Rules

- Only characters that either made their debut on the NES OR made their debut in the arcades and had an NES port are acceptable (the last part is so you can still add Mario :p). NO OTHER SYSTEMS are allowed.
- In these circumstances, you may take a character's later appearances into account. For example, Luigi can use Luigi's Mansion stuff, since that game still happened, but like, King Boo was a normal Boo and E Gadd was Prof. Hector or something.
- Modern DK can be used since Donkey Kong is still the character's name, but if you want the wielder of the Triforce of Power, it must be Ganon and not Ganondorf, since it's a new form with a new name, and as such can be considered a new character.
- Third Parties are allowed, but they MUST follow the same rules for inclusion as Nintendo characters.

So, who do you choose?
Uh...

Hm....

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser:Toad
:4dk::4link::4zelda:Ganon,:4samus:
:4metaknight:,Ninten,:4marth:,:4littlemac::4gaw:
:4rob::4duckhunt::4pacman::4megaman:, Hero of Light

Yeah, :4metaknight: instead of Kirby. He debued on the NES, Kirby didn't.

If the rule was, in an NES game then replace :4metaknight: for :4kirby: and Toad for:4yoshi:.

EDIT: Forgot that :popo: existed...

I don't know who I'd replace though.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Rules

So, who do you choose?
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Princess Toadstool

-Donkey Kong

-Kirby
-King Dedede

-Samus

-Captain Falcon

-Link
-Zelda
-Ganon

-Ninten

-Marth

-Pit

-Little Mac

-Ice Climbers

-Balloon Fighter

-Takamaru

-Duck Hunt

Funny how this turned out. We'd have some new characters that are similar to existing ones (Ninten), the same characters (Mario series), and some new ones (BF, Takamaru).

Burruni

Smash Hero

Rules

So, who do you choose?
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser:
:4dk::4yoshi: (YOSHI COOKIE WAS ON THE NES AS WELL!)
:4link::4zelda:[Ganon]
:4metaknight:
:4samus:
:4marth:
:4pit::4palutena:
:4littlemac:
:icsmelee:
Donbe & Hikari
:4megaman:
Black Mage.
Jack Frost [Megami Tensei II was on the NES].

Edit: Damn Technicalities, I guess Kirby & Dedede don't properly count....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Rules

So, who do you choose?
Nobody, because Nintendo wouldn't have continued to be a success past the NES if they just dropped on making new characters past that point.

Certainly wouldn't last to an NX. And without Smash up to that point too? wew lad

D

Deleted member

Uh...

Hm....

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser:Toad
:4dk::4link::4zelda:Ganon,:4samus:
:4metaknight:,Ninten,:4marth:,:4littlemac::4gaw:
:4rob::4duckhunt::4pacman::4megaman:, Hero of Light

Yeah, :4metaknight: instead of Kirby. He debued on the NES, Kirby didn't.

If the rule was, in an NES game then replace :4metaknight: for :4kirby: and Toad for:4yoshi:.
Can't use Game & Watch.

Didn't debut on the NES. :p

D

Deleted member

Pokémon Live-Action Movie a Go at Legendary

According to this, it's based on Detective Pikachu.

*Xander Mobus voice* THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!

"B-b-but there's only 1 movie based on a Nintendo video game!. Just because Nintendo had a bad game movie 23 years ago doesn't mean this movie will suck!"

Yeah, the fact that Nintendo suddenly wants to go to the movie market doesn't mean that their 1st movie will be decent either (let alone good). I seriously dobut that Nintendo has learned anything about their mistakes with the Mario movie, especially when they are so out of touch with their consumers and other companies, let alone the movie industry, an industry they barely have taken part of. and No, im not leaving TPC out of this. I know that their involvement will change little of the movie's quality.

Nevermind the fact that other video game movies have failed myserably, including:
-Double Dragon.
-House of the Dead.
-Street Fighter the Movie and The Legend of Chun-Li.
-Mortal Kombat Anahilation (the first movie wasn't seen in such a good light either).
-The King of Fighters Movie.
-The Tekken Movie.
-The Dead or Alive Movie (these guys love making ****ty movies of fighting games don't they?)

Even when there aren't Video Game based movies, you still got a lot of Crappy Live Action Adaptations.

Examples include Cartoon Based Movies (Alvin and the Chimpmunks and Smurfs) Anime and Manga ones (Fist of the North Star and Dragon Ball Evolution) and even Super Hero based ones (Batman Forever and Most Superman Movies).

For me, everything right now just spells a recipe for disaster, and this is my stance until proven otherwise.

As for the plot, i don't know why they went with Detective Pikachu, outside of the fact that they want to make a different movie outside of "Legendary Pokémon and other stuff" kind of film.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon Live-Action Movie a Go at Legendary

According to this, it's based on Detective Pikachu.

The other day it was reported that Legendary was very close to getting the rights but I didn't think it would go through yet.
Detective pikachu is the plot though?

I need this so much right now.
I can't believe a Detective Pikachu movie was confirmed before the localisation of the actual game.

Heck, did Japan even get any more episodes of the game after that initial release?
No they haven't lol. @Serebii actually really wants them to as well. Perhaps they will be tied in to the movie. Maybe the first episode was to test the Japanese audience and to a lesser but still big extent, the american one?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Rules

So, who do you choose?
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Link
-Zelda
-Ganon
-Donkey Kong
-Little Mac
-Ninten
-Pit
-Meta Knight
-Duck Hunt
-R.O.B
-Samus
-Mega Man
-Balloon Fighter
-Marth
-Ice Climbers
-Takamaru

That was fun.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The new Sonic game looks great, but it will take a while to get used to the redesigns.

It's a sequel to Sonic '06.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*Xander Mobus voice* THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!

"B-b-but there's only 1 movie based on a Nintendo video game!. Just because Nintendo had a bad game movie 23 years ago doesn't mean this movie will suck!"

Yeah, the fact that Nintendo suddenly wants to go to the movie market doesn't mean that their 1st movie will be decent either (let alone good). I seriously dobut that Nintendo has learned anything about their mistakes with the Mario movie, especially when they are so out of touch with their consumers and other companies, let alone the movie industry, an industry they barely have taken part of. and No, im not leaving TPC out of this. I know that their involvement will change little of the movie's quality.

Nevermind the fact that other video game movies have failed myserably, including:
-Double Dragon.
-House of the Dead.
-Street Fighter the Movie and The Legend of Chun-Li.
-Mortal Kombat Anahilation (the first movie wasn't seen in such a good light either).
-The King of Fighters Movie.
-The Tekken Movie.
-The Dead or Alive Movie (these guys love making ****ty movies of fighting games don't they?)

Even when there aren't Video Game based movies, you still got a lot of Crappy Live Action Adaptations.

Examples include Cartoon Based Movies (Alvin and the Chimpmunks and Smurfs) Anime and Manga ones (Fist of the North Star and Dragon Ball Evolution) and even Super Hero based ones (Batman Forever and Most Superman Movies).

For me, everything right now just spells a recipe for disaster, and this is my stance until proven otherwise.

I don't know why they went with Detective Pikachu, outside of the fact that they want to make a different movie outside of "Legendary Pokémon and other stuff" kind of film.
Oh, they've learned SOMETHING from the Mario movie. They've been swearing up and down they'll do as much with their movies in-house as they can in the industry so no one else can screw it up while at one point specifically pointing out that movie as why. It's not fair to say they've learned nothing seeing as that thing clearly scares the crud out of them.

I guess they just don't care about this one as heavily because it's second party.

As for why Detective Pikachu, maybe they know it's going to suck and are trying to distance the main series away from it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom