• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope some of these are in the Summer of Sonic goody bags.

I wonder what memes are hidden on the flash drives.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've only seen a zubat once lol. Maybe I should go cave hunting. I'm sure they will show up there.
I live basically surrounded by forests (good old NE PA) and there's a ton of Zubat around, haha.

Also Eevee.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
On the topic of video games enhancing IRL functions.

I notice that whenever I get off a few hours of Hyrule Warriors, I get into this rhythm of doing everything else in my day as fast and efficiently as possible, and multi-task where I can.

Which probably comes from all of the quickfire micro-management the game throws at you and running across the maps real fast and trying to defeat enemies as fast as possible.
I need to go back to playing that.
My Heart Container fix isn't sated yet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I live basically surrounded by forests (good old NE PA) and there's a ton of Zubat around, haha.

Also Eevee.
So do I, but they don't appear lol.

I do see a lot of eevee once i leave my neighborhood and go more into town though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If Eggman and Sonic swapped powers (but kept their bodies, not like that one episode of Boom).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon has directed me to the most accurate thing yet:
I actually get bombarded with Spearow in addition to the Pidgeys, Rattatas, and Weedles...

I still catch mostly every pokemon I find as its just more experience, more stardust, and eventually even more experience as I get enough candies to evolve a bunch of them (at least the pidgeys and weedles as its cheaper)...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's interesting.
I just found it funny that a chaotic game such as Mario Kart would improve someone's driving skills. Still, if it actually helps, I'm all for it. :)
Well, the driving part also forces you to watch out for things that suddenly comes up(like a flying shell), which means you need to be very careful. This is really useful for real driving because safe drivers are attentive and able to help avoid injuries.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You learn something new every time you visit TV Tropes.

Apparently, Chip from Sonic Unleashed is genderless in Japan (he's a boy everywhere else).

Also, in the Xbox 360/PS3 version of Eggmanland, there is a section where the game wants you to change to the Werehog and get across some pipe walking to progress. However, it is possible to navigate that section as regular Sonic. If you manage to do so, you'll find a laser gate blocking your progress, with an extra life in front of it.

EDIT: APPARENTLY THERE'S A FULL METAL ALCHEMIST REFERENCE IN THE GAME TOO

WHAT?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If there's any "rule" that I would absolutely love to see ripped to shreds, thrown in the trash and lit on fire, it's the "one character per third party franchise" rule.

Is it bias? OH, ABSOLUTELY! But my most wanted is my most wanted, and it WOULD fulfill that ancient Melee April Fool's joke in it's entirety.

And hey, a second Sonic character would be more well known than three quarters of the roster, not as wow as Sonic or not. Certainly one would overshadow most of the newcomer requests people make in terms of sheer name recognition.

. . .I mean, I'm really happy they actually gave me that Mii Costume I wanted, but imagine how much more fun it would be without having two faces?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Watching an archive of a charity livestream of Sonic Generations and they had Jason Griffith on it. They brought up the 4Kids National Anthem.

Even he is ashamed of it.
:laugh:

D

Deleted member

Watching an archive of a charity livestream of Sonic Generations and they had Jason Griffith on it. They brought up the 4Kids National Anthem.

Even he is ashamed of it.
:laugh:
You're saying that as if it was surprising.

I would have been surprised if he WASN'T ashamed of it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
todays pokemon go haul

pidgeotto kakuna golduck starmie venomoth pinsir

also i hatched a hitmon lee and evolved a kakuna into beedrill

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If there's any "rule" that I would absolutely love to see ripped to shreds, thrown in the trash and lit on fire, it's the "one character per third party franchise" rule.

Is it bias? OH, ABSOLUTELY! But my most wanted is my most wanted, and it WOULD fulfill that ancient Melee April Fool's joke in it's entirety.

And hey, a second Sonic character would be more well known than three quarters of the roster, not as wow as Sonic or not. Certainly one would overshadow most of the newcomer requests people make in terms of sheer name recognition.

. . .I mean, I'm really happy they actually gave me that Mii Costume I wanted, but imagine how much more fun it would be without having two faces?
A) It's not really more than a fanrule. However, I can see Sakurai treating every guest series like that.

B) I agree with that fanrule as I believe all 3rd party franchises are special and should be treated the same. They're not Nintendo characters, after all.

C) Being a fanrule, Sonic is the most likely to break it. Although I would only choose Sonic characters who had their own spin-off games(Shadow and Tails. Knuckles shares it with the Chaotix, not directly starring him. I like Shadow as an option due to having some extreme differences from Sonic. Tails has his mech and mechanical skills, as well as flying).

That said, Sakurai hasn't really said anything to suggest it's more than a fanrule.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you live in the UK & Ireland, I have a PSA for you.

Keep an eye on your pets during the heatwave we're currently enduring.

A friend of mine had to put down her beloved guinea pigs today because one of them was suffering severe blood clotting and was past the point of no return. The other was in better shape physically, but was suffering brain damage that was getting worse.

So yeah just keep an eye on your pets and keep them from being exposed to the sun for long periods of time, and maybe cool them down if you can with an electric fan or whatever. Their bodies are most likely not adapted to this weather.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

That fan rule is dumb. We're gonna deny Chun-Li, one of the most iconic female video game characters ever, just because we have Ryu?
We're gonna deny a famous villain like Dr Eggman just because we have Sonic?
The sooner that fan rule goes the way of a certain Game of Thrones villain in Season 6 the better.

If you want the "best character fighting game" you can't have stupid limits like that. You want the big names so you can claim "Peach vs Chun-Li! Nintendo and Capcom's leading females battle it out!" Or "SEGA and Nintendo's big villains finally meet where it matters on the Battlefield, it's Bowser vs Dr Eggman!"
"Ike vs Havel the Rock" doesn't have that glamour because most people will just think "Who vs who?"

And I'm not saying it should get ridiculous. It's all got to be done within reason. At the least Sonic ought to have Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Metal Sonic. Anyone else from Sonic just isn't really worth it.

EDIT: Shadow and Blaze should be up for heavy consideration too.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
At this point people are just looking for attention.

On the other hand..........hold on im going to make a "Simon Belmont for Smash" sign. I'll be back in a minute.
Make us proud brother

I wasn't expecting that, It is pretty much priceless xD. Probably one for Jiggs will appear next time.
Just make a sign called #BuffThePuff

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

That fan rule is dumb. We're gonna deny Chun-Li, one of the most iconic female video game characters ever, just because we have Ryu?
We're gonna deny a famous villain like Dr Eggman just because we have Sonic?
The sooner that fan rule goes the way of a certain Game of Thrones villain in Season 6 the better.

If you want the "best character fighting game" you can't have stupid limits like that. You want the big names so you can claim "Peach vs Chun-Li! Nintendo and Capcom's leading females battle it out!" Or "SEGA and Nintendo's big villains finally meet where it matters on the Battlefield, it's Bowser vs Dr Eggman!"
"Ike vs Havel the Rock" doesn't have that glamour because most people will just think "Who vs who?"

And I'm not saying it should get ridiculous. It's all got to be done within reason. At the least Sonic ought to have Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Metal Sonic. Anyone else from Sonic just isn't really worth it.
I'd argue Shadow should be considered because he's literally the second most popular in the franchise, second to Sonic.

And if we are to go a little outside the box, Blaze because she's a big fan favourite and one of the few newer characters that everyone seemed to like.

I would pick Eggman personally though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'd argue Shadow should be considered because he's literally the second most popular in the franchise, second to Sonic.

And if we are to go a little outside the box, Blaze because she's a big fan favourite and one of the few newer characters that everyone seemed to like.

I would pick Eggman personally though.
Oh yeah. Had a brain fart on those though I did say "at least" so there's room for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom