• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Classic Sonic looks nice so far but proportionally it needs a bit more work, but since this the Smash 4 modding scene just barely begun, it's pretty nice progress!

I think if they just shrink the hands a bit and maybe make him shorter, it'd go a long way. I think the quills is a bit off too? Loving it otherwise though. Would be cool if they made him a semi-clone with different special moves to separate all the modern stuff off. Although I'm sure that's a long way off to be doing that lol

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Classic Sonic looks nice so far but proportionally it needs a bit more work, but since this the Smash 4 modding scene just barely begun, it's pretty nice progress!

I think if they just shrink the hands a bit and maybe make him shorter, it'd go a long way. I think the quills is a bit off too? Loving it otherwise though. Would be cool if they made him a semi-clone with different special moves to separate all the modern stuff off. Although I'm sure that's a long way off to be doing that lol
Actually, people already have figured out how to change the properties and special effects of moves and what not, so making Classic Sonic a little different and giving him his own slot on the roster would be do-able.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
D

Deleted member

But here's the thing. That simply wasn't necessary. Also, I'd have rather used a Great Lord
GL is more balanced in stats and has better offensive skills(Aether can be obtained through the Vanguard's scrolls though but that requires paid DLC and Awakening is top tier)
Lodestars are more like Swordmasters(S Rank on Swords and +10 Avoid bonus) with its skills further helping its speed(Dancing Blade gives +3 Spd in trade of -1 Def and Speedtaker boosts your Spd by +2 everytime you KO an enemy during Player Phase)
Needless to say, a Xander that can dodge, tank and double but still dies to 2 magic attacks is effectivelly an Hector with a 1-2 range Sword that boosts his Def even further
They also both get Charm and Dual Guardsman/Striker but it's not like you're using those two

Btw, what difficulty did you play on?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Champ Gold has come in with new news of the industry of gaming.

First off is something Opossum Opossum will never care about but CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix will

Injustice sequel is likely confirmed:
http://gematsu.com/2016/05/rumor-injustice-2-announced-soon

And in some bad news (good news if considered the sales from MGSV):
View attachment 108461
Mostly from their pachinko machines, probably and MGSV

Also Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you might enjoy this:
Joke's on you; my friend and I used to play Injustice for fun pretty often. :p

All that time playing Aquaman was part of the reason I'd have loved Ganondorf to have trident usage in his moveset. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
For the whole day today, Cartoon Network has been marathoning nothing but Teen Titans Go and the Powerpuff Girls reboot.

Wake me up from this nightmare.
I'm not gonna lie here, I do like watching Teen Titans Go! One unusual, yet justified problem the show has is its inconsistency. That is potentially its worst problem, and there are countless examples of it.
  • Robin struggles with defeating Mammoth in one episode, yet in another, he wrecks the mess out of him.
  • Robin mentions the original Teen Titans like it was nothing. In a later episode, the original Teen Titans was news to all of them.
  • The Titans typically never really listen to Robin, yet there was an episode where they relied 100% on his orders.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As we know, Sun & Moon will be the first core Pokémon games to ever have an official Chinese translation.

Unfortunately, the games haven't come out yet and many people in Hong Kong are already ticked off at Nintendo to the point of boycotting, protesting, and petitions.

The reason? Nintendo has renamed lots of Pokémon names (most specifically major mascot :4pikachu:) to match the Mandarin translation rather than Hong Kong's Cantonese translation.

Uh oh! :(
I'm guessing that three Chinese translations was too much work for a new market.

Although.... the Cantonese names were never official, were they?

------------------

My condolences to thekidwiththeafro. I'm really shocked to hear that a parent would so far as to exile them from their home. What a terrible parent.... I hope he can pull through somehow.

D

Deleted member

"This dream was built to last...
No matter where the future takes us"
Yeah, unlike Kohga, right, Shura? Too soon?

"About your being strong"
****ing Jakob and his bad grammar

Gazak, for the last time, join us! Kumagera is gone, I need a good Axe user because Camilla can't double

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chapter 21 pulled such a jerk move at the end.

I had everyone near the boss with a load of the big stone guys. The only ones who could reliably fight them were Ryoma and Rinkah so I used them to tank and just kept everyone else out of range.

Then suddenly the place gets covered in lava.

I saw the little "Heart -10" which I thought meant it would take 10 HP every turn from anyone standing on it, so I bum rushed in with everyone else just so I wouldn't have to worry about Rinkah and Ryoma getting done in by the lava.

But it only takes 2 HP.

And then Lucina got screwed by RNG and got hit by to hits in a row that had like a 30% Hit Rate. If she got a critical in she would have been fine too.

REEEEEEEEEEESET.

Oh, and Rinkah only got a handful of EXP from the boss. It's actually really hard to Level Up with her now unless it's a character boss (like one of the Nohrian royals or something).

At least I got this cool screenshot though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chapter 21 pulled such a jerk move at the end.

I had everyone near the boss with a load of the big stone guys. The only ones who could reliably fight them were Ryoma and Rinkah so I used them to tank and just kept everyone else out of range.

Then suddenly the place gets covered in lava.

I saw the little "Heart -10" which I thought meant it would take 10 HP every turn from anyone standing on it, so I bum rushed in with everyone else just so I wouldn't have to worry about Rinkah and Ryoma getting done in by the lava.

But it only takes 2 HP.

And then Lucina got screwed by RNG and got hit by to hits in a row that had like a 30% Hit Rate. If she got a critical in she would have been fine too.

REEEEEEEEEEESET.

Oh, and Rinkah only got a handful of EXP from the boss. It's actually really hard to Level Up with her now unless it's a character boss (like one of the Nohrian royals or something).

At least I got this cool screenshot though.

It's 10% of the total HP
Whoever in your team has >29HP at this point in the game has eifher been heavily screwed or her name is Rinkah
I'm gonna bet on the latter
Also, get used to low % hits, because you haven't been hit yet by a 1% hit nor have you faced Hans and his Berserker squad in Conquest aka The Seven RNG Sins
EDIT: And speaking of RNG, Niles just got critted by a 6% one against a Swordmaster with 35% hit
Gg, Fates, gg

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IMG_20160530_171436630.jpg

Anyone know what this word means?

It's on my nephews angry birds toys

Doesn't seem to be a real word

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's 10% of the total HP
Whoever in your team has >29HP at this point in the game has eifher been heavily screwed or her name is Rinkah
I'm gonna bet on the latter
Also, get used to low % hits, because you haven't been hit yet by a 1% hit nor have you faced Hans and his Berserker squad in Conquest aka The Seven RNG Sins

Rinkah's the least of my problems. Like I said, she is the main backbone of my army. And was carrying this mission along with Ryoma.

The mission itself was fine (Ryoma cleared an entire section alone at one point). I just misunderstood the interface (though to be fair, the game literally displays it as "Heart -10", not "Heart -10%" so I'm calling poor UI design on that), and made a very bad decision in a panic and got Lucina killed (which I definitely will not accept since I basically pay for her).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The Mega Smash poll finished awhile back, and I've been working on figuring out the "approval" level of characters per how much people say they are hardcore. For those who didn't take the poll, people were asked to identify themselves as "For Glory" (10) or "For Fun" (1) on a scale.

Anyway, here's Wario's and Rosalina's "Approval" Rating. Negative means they received more "hate" votes than "like". It's also taken as an average per point. Full article will be up tomorrow!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Mega Smash poll finished awhile back, and I've been working on figuring out the "approval" level of characters per how much people say they are hardcore. For those who didn't take the poll, people were asked to identify themselves as "For Glory" (10) or "For Fun" (1) on a scale.

Anyway, here's Wario's and Rosalina's "Approval" Rating. Negative means they received more "hate" votes than "like". It's also taken as an average per point. Full article will be up tomorrow!

I'm gonna be rushed but any results for Charizard? :4charizard:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
View attachment 108468

Anyone know what this word means?

It's on my nephews angry birds toys

Doesn't seem to be a real word
The closest I can think that word could be would be "Chiropractor". But that's just stupid. I mean, it's a crate.

Looking around a bit it also means "Hand" in Greek, I think.

Really just seems to be a nonsense-word.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Damn, Killer Instinct [3] has possibly the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a fighting game!

I just can't get enough of it.

D

Deleted member

Rinkah's the least of my problems. Like I said, she is the main backbone of my army. And was carrying this mission along with Ryoma.

The mission itself was fine (Ryoma cleared an entire section alone at one point). I just misunderstood the interface (though to be fair, the game literally displays it as "Heart -10", not "Heart -10%" so I'm calling poor UI design on that), and made a very bad decision in a panic and got Lucina killed (which I definitely will not accept since I basically pay for her).
It's standard stuff from FE, the displayed HP recovery/damage has always been % based so I guess I'm more ussd to it

And I'm gonna be real about your Rinkah, she may be good in BR but she'd be absolutely ****ed in Conquest
Like, if your tank has 23 Def at Lv15, there really isn't anything to tank in BR
My Xander has 29 Def(26 without Siegfried and Dancing Blade) and he can't take that much abuse on EP
Also, do yourself a favor and get Shove and Poison Strike out of her, Shove is gimmicky and PS is Player Phase only AND if your enemy survives, get those Oni skills on her ASAP(she'll learn Death Blow next and Counter at Lv17 and you WANT Counter)

kylexv

Smash Master
I've been especially interested in Overwatch as of late.
For those of you here who have the game (I don't care what platform), what do you think of the game? Is it worth buying?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's standard stuff from FE, the displayed HP recovery/damage has always been % based so I guess I'm more ussd to it

And I'm gonna be real about your Rinkah, she may be good in BR but she'd be absolutely ****ed in Conquest
Like, if your tank has 23 Def at Lv15, there really isn't anything to tank in BR
My Xander has 29 Def(26 without Siegfried and Dancing Blade) and he can't take that much abuse on EP
Also, do yourself a favor and get Shove and Poison Strike out of her, Shove is gimmicky and PS is Player Phase only AND if your enemy survives, get those Oni skills on her ASAP(she'll learn Death Blow next and Counter at Lv17 and you WANT Counter)
I'm basically just collecting skills for her, that's the only reason I have Shove, Seal Resistance, and Locksmith still on her. The only one I have that isn't equipped is Shurikenfaire which is useless to her currently but will be useful later on. She has a lot of useful skills that I can switch in and out that will be great for when I eventually make her a Dread Fighter, which is why I am collecting them (Copycat and the Oni Chieftain skills being the main ones I want). Dread Fighter itself also has some really cool skills (like Aggressor, which grants +7 Attack during the user's turn. Combine that with Shurikenfaire and her Personal Skill, and she can get a whopping +16 Strength buff most of the time from her skills).

Poison Strike is useful for now though since I have nothing else until I level up.

This isn't near my final set up for her so she'll have higher defense later on. This is good enough for now though, especially since the Pair Up boosts from my avatar bring her stats up a bunch and vice versa (Defense gets brought up to 27 or so IIRC). She also dodges stuff all of the time and is a Critical Hit Machine (currently she gets around 60% Crit Rate on most enemies with the Great Club).

My only problem with Rinkah right now is the EXP gains, she isn't getting much since the game considers her too powerful for now, I guess. That's why she needs to be the one to take out bosses, specifically the character bosses like the Nohrian royals, as they give her at least half an EXP gauge.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Champ Gold has come in with new news of the industry of gaming.

First off is something Opossum Opossum will never care about but CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix will

Injustice sequel is likely confirmed:
http://gematsu.com/2016/05/rumor-injustice-2-announced-soon

And in some bad news (good news if considered the sales from MGSV):
View attachment 108461
Mostly from their pachinko machines, probably and MGSV

Also Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you might enjoy this:
Cool I guess :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Down to 31 Metroids in Metroid II...one thing I have to say this game is an asshole when you need health...had to kill like three Alphas in a row with only 30 something health...probably wouldn't be a big deal if I was better at the game...:p

And just beat Arachnus to get the Spring Ball....life is getting easier....

and I just found my first Gamma...when my Health is low....in a sand pit...(at least the game was nice enough to give me a health recharge right after)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now this requires further explanation.

If my kid was in college or high school and simply wasn't doing school work, I'd kick him out too. I'm paying money to make sure he has the best chance possible and he isn't doing it. I'd show him what life is like without the safety net.

Now if my kid was honestly working hard and trying his best, then yeah, I'd never kick him out.

I'd need more information before I can start hating on his parents.
She outright said that she wish he was never born. She also pretends she has one child when she had four (meaning two other children were disowned before Afro and her personal favorite matters the most). Sounds like a Complete Monster to me and what he said is dead serious.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
She outright said that she wish he was never born. She also pretends she has one child when she had four (meaning two other children were disowned before Afro and her personal favorite matters the most). Sounds like a Complete Monster to me and what he said is dead serious.
I literally see zero redeeming qualities in her a human being if this is true. She's not even comparable to a criminal or ***ist, but THIS is another example of humanity at its worst.

I see no one defending her as a person after you said this.

Still no worse than your ex-father.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can understand that my little bro went through surgery to get his collar bone replaced, but good GOD that's too hard to look at without the tape.

Still no worse than your ex-father.
Bahahahahahaha! True. Things are so much more quieter without that big ball of rage around.

But the worst part is that he's slowly trying to get back together. I knew this silence would be short lived. -_-

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
GL is more balanced in stats and has better offensive skills(Aether can be obtained through the Vanguard's scrolls though but that requires paid DLC and Awakening is top tier)
Lodestars are more like Swordmasters(S Rank on Swords and +10 Avoid bonus) with its skills further helping its speed(Dancing Blade gives +3 Spd in trade of -1 Def and Speedtaker boosts your Spd by +2 everytime you KO an enemy during Player Phase)
Needless to say, a Xander that can dodge, tank and double but still dies to 2 magic attacks is effectivelly an Hector with a 1-2 range Sword that boosts his Def even further
They also both get Charm and Dual Guardsman/Striker but it's not like you're using those two

Btw, what difficulty did you play on?
I did normal as I always do that when playing for the first time. Also, Xander had enough Skill and Speed that if he DID get some damage, he'd always counter with a Sol crit
My only problem with Rinkah right now is the EXP gains, she isn't getting much since the game considers her too powerful for now, I guess. That's why she needs to be the one to take out bosses, specifically the character bosses like the Nohrian royals, as they give her at least half an EXP gauge.
That's because she's an advanced class, so she'll get less exp from enemies that aren't promoted yet

D

Deleted member

I'm basically just collecting skills for her, that's the only reason I have Shove, Seal Resistance, and Locksmith still on her. The only one I have that isn't equipped is Shurikenfaire which is useless to her currently but will be useful later on. She has a lot of useful skills that I can switch in and out that will be great for when I eventually make her a Dread Fighter, which is why I am collecting them (Copycat and the Oni Chieftain skills being the main ones I want). Dread Fighter itself also has some really cool skills (like Aggressor, which grants +7 Attack during the user's turn. Combine that with Shurikenfaire and her Personal Skill, and she can get a whopping +16 Strength buff most of the time from her skills).

Poison Strike is useful for now though since I have nothing else until I level up.

This isn't near my final set up for her so she'll have higher defense later on. This is good enough for now though, especially since the Pair Up boosts from my avatar bring her stats up a bunch and vice versa (Defense gets brought up to 27 or so IIRC). She also dodges stuff all of the time and is a Critical Hit Machine (currently she gets around 60% Crit Rate on most enemies with the Great Club).

Unless you use Eternal Seals to grind or stat boosters, her maximum Def is 28, and that is only if she gets +1 on every level
The other DF skills would help her tank more though, at least mages, its two first skills reduce magic damage(on by -4 on enemy phase and the other -4 on even turns iirc, and they stack)
I did normal as I always do that when playing for the first time. Also, Xander had enough Skill and Speed that if he DID get some damage, he'd always counter with a Sol crit

That's because she's an advanced class, so she'll get less exp from enemies that aren't promoted yet
Sol is the skill that most disappoints me
Whenever it activates I'm all like "yes yes, a crit just what I nee-- NO YOU HAVE FULL HP DUMBASS KILL IT!"

On Hard or Lunatic, some unique items, enemies and skills show up in the later chapters
Like infinite range Entrap staves in Chapter 27, suicide Faceless who explode on your face and you don't want to know about the Lunatic Maids
Good morning, guys. I see you are all still alive and well.
Oh hey, long time no see

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@Zoroarking
Hello, Zoroarking. Yeah, I have not been here in forever, I suppose. I didn't feel I really contributed here, so I figured no one would notice me gone. But, with E3 coming up, I figured I'd drop by and say hi to you guys. I hope there'd not been any major drama here lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom