• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I kinda like Ibuki's SFV look just because it's like she jumped up in the middle of class threw her mask on, tied her hair back, took out her weapons and bombs and darted out the window while screaming ''NO TIME TO LEARN. NINJA **** TO DO! BYE!"

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i forget was it just a fanfiction i read or was it part of ibukis back story that she had to fight to be allowed to go to a normal highschool...because it sounds like something that would be canon

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ibuki is still learning to be a ninja.

Wonder how she'll fit in the story.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, just finished Kid Icarus Uprising...

Because featuring just one song isn't enough since I just played through five chapters...

-The Chaos Vortex was a neat Chapter, chasing the Chaos Kin after it straight up stole Palutena's soul, then just getting my ass kicked by several waves of enemies (which of course included totally not metroids)...then some feels at the end of the Chapter...

-Was totally not expecting to play as Dark Pit at some point....nope not at all....not one bit...

-Hades just straight up eats Pit...

-The Three Trials did something similar to Chapter 9 allowing us to battle previous bosses which is always cool (but seriously though **** those Mimicuties)...also...
Hey I'm fighting Magnus and he's kind of annoying....and now I'm fighting Palute-

EGADS!!! What in name of the Goddess of Light is that!!!?!!?

-Final battle with Hades was interesting, pretty straight forward though...not the best final boss fight tbh...Though Pit slices him in half and he just grows new legs like it's just a minor inconvenience...Then Medusa appears from out of nowehere.......aaaaand now she's gone again...lol

will have to give the new Boss rush a go at some point...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You clearly don't understand the power of a Swordmaster in a forest tile, do you?
Because I've never tried it before. With so much going on in the latter chapters of Revelations, you couldn't really tell if Ryoma or Hisame (who I reclassed into a Swordmaster) had special properties fighting in a forest tile.

But thanks for reminding me of an integral feature I've always ignored in this game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because I've never tried it before. With so much going on in the latter chapters of Revelations, you couldn't really tell if Ryoma or Hisame (who I reclassed into a Swordmaster) had special properties fighting in a forest tile.

But thanks for reminding me of an integral feature I've always ignored in this game.
In forest tiles, you have a higher Avoid rate. Swordmasters are known for critting all the time and doing it twice. Likewise, standing in a fort will heal you and give you a slight defence buff

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Because featuring just one song isn't enough since I just played through five chapters...

-The Chaos Vortex was a neat Chapter, chasing the Chaos Kin after it straight up stole Palutena's soul, then just getting my *** kicked by several waves of enemies (which of course included totally not metroids)...then some feels at the end of the Chapter...

-Was totally not expecting to play as Dark Pit at some point....nope not at all....not one bit...

-The Three Trials did something similar to Chapter 9 allowing us to battle previous bosses which is always cool (but seriously though **** those Mimicuties)...also...
Hey I'm fighting Magnus and he's kind of annoying....and now I'm fighting Palute-

-Final battle with Hades was interesting, pretty straight forward though...not the best final boss fight tbh...Though Pit slices him in half and he just grows new legs like it's just a minor inconvenience...Then Medusa appears from out of nowehere.......aaaaand now she's gone again...lol

I just got Kid Icarus: Uprising myself. As a left handed person, I just can't seem to find a control scheme the works :(

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
@ the religion topic from yesterday:
View attachment 108408
Give me the religious Right over a nonjudgmental religious liberal type any day.
Imho, the religious Conservatives don't really bug me at all, even if I am a sinner in some parts by their standards.

-The Chaos Vortex was a neat Chapter, chasing the Chaos Kin after it straight up stole Palutena's soul, then just getting my *** kicked by several waves of enemies (which of course included totally not metroids)...then some feels at the end of the Chapter...

So...what did you think of the plot in general?
I didn't expect the "Hades saga" to actually be split up into several smaller sagas. (Viridi, the alien invasion, chaos kin, etc.)

Do I really need to put spoiler tags on a four-year old game?

---

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ibuki was my main in Super Street Fighter on the 3DS. (From what short while I played of it...) So it's nice to see her again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How can you even finish an FE game without knowing that?
But since Swordmasters are supposed to be dodge tanks, you want to be getting the passive bonuses from forts and the like
Personal Spd+Terrain Bonuses+Sunrise Katana+Passive Avoid bonus+WTA; if it wasn't for the new RNG, you'd almost mever be hitting a Swordmaster like this

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just got Kid Icarus: Uprising myself. As a left handed person, I just can't seem to find a control scheme the works :(
Well I'm right handed so I don't know how much help it'll be but I know you can change the configuration to use ABXY to move instead of the circle pad...

the controls definitely takes a bit to get used to...

@ the religion topic from yesterday:
View attachment 108408
Give me the religious Right over a nonjudgmental religious liberal type any day.
Imho, the religious Conservatives don't really bug me at all, even if I am a sinner in some parts by their standards.

So...what did you think of the plot in general?
I didn't expect the "Hades saga" to actually be split up into several smaller sagas. (Viridi, the alien invasion, chaos kin, etc.)

Do I really need to put spoiler tags on a four-year old game?

---
I liked how varied it was, as opposed to it being just one adventure there's several different conflicts that occur that give it sort of the feel you'd get from an epic in a way...which definitely makes the game seem larger than what it is...

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

What happened to the other half of the roster? Why is Falco before Fox? Why is Bowser the first character while Mario is in the middle? Why make Dr. Mario a skin when he already is a separate character? What's the visual change when Lucario uses his FS? How can a mod **** up so badly that it has less content than the base game?
Seems like almost all of those characters are from melee, actually. Maybe he wanted it to be like that?
(Which in case WHY THE **** WOULD YOU DO THAT and if he did why did he even add the mii fighters, TL and ROB?)
This is still a really ****ed up character roster, though.
(Can't wait for that stage setup, it's gonna be all Melee stages and no tweaked Smash 4 stages with no hazards for comp...)

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

What happened to the other half of the roster? Why is Falco before Fox? Why is Bowser the first character while Mario is in the middle? Why make Dr. Mario a skin when he already is a separate character? What's the visual change when Lucario uses his FS? How can a mod **** up so badly that it has less content than the base game?
Their first goal is to make the roster identical to how it was in Project M. So characters that weren't in Project M are to be worked on once the original Project M roster is complete. Obviously, that takes a lot of time, so that is why the roster is so small. As for the order, its simply in alphabetical order, with the two DLC characters and Miis being at the end. I imagine once it's finished, the roster will be in order. Probably just placed like this now for organization. Dr. Mario and Mega Lucario were also skins for Mario and Lucario, respectively, in Project M. So it makes sense to just port them over as skins. Mega Lucario probably doesn't transform at all. Lastly, it didn't "**** up so badly". Mods take a lot of time, so releasing it periodically starting with less characters, and adding more with every version, is a good thing. The original Project M did the same with Brawl's roster. Most of this info was found on the mod's page if you look further than just the photo.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The mod isn't finished, they said they are focusing on actual PM characters first since they have a basis to work with, and even at that they still have a few more PM characters that aren't finished yet. The newcomers are coming last since they need to be thought about much more thoroughly (I personally can't even picture how Rosalina & Luma would work in a Melee style game myself, I'd expect them to either remove Luma or even make him his own character though, knowing the Smash community).

-------------

I just posted about a soft freeze I encountered in Birthright on r/fireemblem and got blasted in the comments for posting about something that "doesn't contribute ****ing anything to the sub".

A post below it was literally just someone posting about a mundane occurrence of being screwed by RNG and that got actual discussion going.

And my post the other day that was literally just a sex joke got over 50 upvotes and around the same amount of comments.

I guess this is the current state of the FE fanbase.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Talk about an overaction dude. It's pretty clear it's an incomplete mod :| PM did this too with the smaller roster at the start.

I'm not sure why you guys would seriously believe a mod would purposely cut so much of the cast. Like even Nintendo does this with their E3 demos of Smash 4 and Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Their first goal is to make the roster identical to how it was in Project M. So characters that weren't in Project M are to be worked on once the original Project M roster is complete. Obviously, that takes a lot of time, so that is why the roster is so small. As for the order, its simply in alphabetical order, with the two DLC characters and Miis being at the end. I imagine once it's finished, the roster will be in order. Probably just placed like this now for organization. Dr. Mario and Mega Lucario were also skins for Mario and Lucario, respectively, in Project M. So it makes sense to just port them over as skins. Mega Lucario probably doesn't transform at all. Lastly, it didn't "**** up so badly". Mods take a lot of time, so releasing it periodically starting with less characters, and adding more with every version, is a good thing. The original Project M did the same with Brawl's roster. Most of this info was found on the mod's page if you look further than just the photo.
The mod isn't finished, they said they are focusing on actual PM characters first since they have a basis to work with, and even at that they still have a few more PM characters that aren't finished yet. The newcomers are coming last since they need to be thought about much more thoroughly (I personally can't even picture how Rosalina & Luma would work in a Melee style game myself, I'd expect them to either remove Luma or even make him his own character though, knowing the Smash community).

------------
Why do you remove characters? What's the point? At least leave them how they are in Smash 4
I just posted about a soft freeze I encountered in Birthright on r/fireemblem and got blasted in the comments for posting about something that "doesn't contribute ****ing anything to the sub".

A post below it was literally just someone posting about a mundane occurrence of being screwed by RNG and that got actual discussion going.

And my post the other day that was literally just a sex joke got over 50 upvotes and around the same amount of comments.

I guess this is the current state of the FE fanbase.
"Soft freeze"? What do you mean by that? The game just randomly froze or what?
Also, RNG is an actual evil in FE, my Niles had 24HP at 20/5... his base HP is 22

D

Deleted member

This roster looks disgusting.:4dedede:

Naoshi

Why do you remove characters? What's the point? At least leave them how they are in Smash 4
Because they're rebalancing the whole game and want to focus on the characters with the highest priority first? There's just as much of a point in keeping the unchanged characters that are planned to be rehauled in the *beta*

Stop making an issue out of nothing.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh, wait wait I completely misunderstood.

I thought that that roster was actually finished.

That was my fault, sorry.

Still, kinda hoping that Wario-Man can at least come back...

That was probably the best part of Project M.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because they're rebalancing the whole game and want to focus on the characters with the highest priority first? There's just as much of a point in keeping the unchanged characters that are planned to be rehauled in the *beta*

Stop making an issue out of nothing.
I'm just questioning what's the point of taking out the characters if they're releasing it to the public because I can't think of a reason to deliberately keep something out of it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"Soft freeze"? What do you mean by that? The game just randomly froze or what?
Also, RNG is an actual evil in FE, my Niles had 24HP at 20/5... his base HP is 22
I guess they could do that, but that might harm the balance of what they have done already if people try out the mod.

Also yeah, a "soft freeze" is when the game hangs somewhere, but you can still go to the home menu and move the camera and stuff like that. The game soft froze after an encounter and just stayed on the victory animation screen. I recorded a video of it but this basically sums it up.

Could move the camera around and what not, but pressing A or Start to progress did nothing.

Naoshi

I'm just questioning what's the point of taking out the characters if they're releasing it to the public because I can't think of a reason to deliberately keep something out of it
Your first reaction to it didn't help matters though. You were making a big deal out of it...

And I've just given you a reason. It actually helps focusing on the initial balance of the characters they are working on first.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That roster order isn't as arbitrary as it may seen at first.

With the exception of DLC and Miis, the characters are ordered alphabetically.

Also, lol mods. Is Project M really being made on Smash Wii U now? Considering what happened to the original Brawl mod?

Well, should that be the case, I hope no one cries over it being taken down again. We all know that Nintendo isn't too fond of game mods.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Because the characters either havn't been worked on or have not been finished yet. It is best to keep them out until they are ready to be put in because mixing them all together makes the mod a highly unorganized mess.

I'm going to try and make sense of it for you. Let's say you take an order at a resuraunt for three people. All ordered drinks, appetizers, a meal, and dessert. You bring the appetizers first once they're all finished, then the meals once they're all finished, then finally the desserts once they're all finished. You don't just throw food at them the instant its finished, you try and bring them all what they ordered one wave at a time.

Now the modder's character order is Project M's roster first, followed by the rest of Smash 4's roster. Drinks may be easy to make characters, like what we see now. Appetizers may be hard to implement characters, like Wolf and Snake. The meal would be easy to modify Smash 4 characters, say maybe Shulk and Palutena because they already have an idea of what they want to do with them. Lastly, dessert would be the rest of the cast along with possible new characters entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom