• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm curious.

Star Fox Zero has been out for a while.

So...

1. Have you played it?
2. Have you bought it?
3. What did you think about it?
4. Have you beaten it?

I finally got the chance to beat it last night. Beat every mission and I thought it was pretty awesome. Did Co-op with a friend for most of it.
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Very fun game, but I still like Star Fox: Assault a lot more.
4) Yes

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After clearing all the training missions for Advance Wars since the first time in the early 2000's, I'm all for Intelligent Systems reviving this IP.

But the real issue is trying to find ways to make it more attractive and accessible to a new audience. Maybe that's why Fire Emblem gets the most attention lately.
Is it wrong that I lose half of my soldiers to Olaf's army easily, even if they were the tank/artillery missions?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I accidentally ran into that Fire Emblem Fates manga and oh my god Rinkah has so many reaction image worthy pictures.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it wrong that I lose half of my soldiers to Olaf's army easily, even if they were the tank/artillery missions?
Nothing wrong with it at all. Even if Advance Wars is similar to Fire Emblem, it's a whole new ballpark compared to it. No weapon triangles, but air vs ground and heavy weapon vs light weapon battles. Plus having to use the terrain to your advantage unlike Fire Emblem.

I only lost few soldiers to the fat **** in the artillery and medium tank missions. But the anti-air/helicopter missions are where I really lost most of them. This is a just the beginning and the main story will be much more challenging. I hope you like your second time playing Advance Wars. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Fire Emblem Fates Anthology comics are really entertaining. I stumbled upon Birthright Chapter 5, and I absolutely loved it because it parodied Hinata and Oboro's Supports, and the result was pretty funny (not to mention they are my favorite retainer duo). Takumi being dressed with glasses and a Nohrian crown was simply too good to pass up. I had to make it my new avatar for the time being!

The Conquest one that parodies Niles and Nyx's supports were also quite funny; you really see the consequences of that silence spell Nyx castes.

They released the Revelation Anthology just recently, so we don't have a translation for the chapters in that one yet though.

For me, it'd be:
  • Takumi: Readies his Fujin Yumi before a critical just like in Fates and says one of his critical quotes (any one of them will do because they are all great). He fires his bow, and it one shots characters similar to Suicune's Aurora Beam or Deoxys' Hyper Beam. Just like the Aurora Beam and Hyper Beam, the attack is very brief.
  • Hinoka: Uses the power of Drago'sn Vein to suddenly make everyone floaty (references Conquest Chapter 24 when she uses the Dragon Vein to increase the mobility of all flying units); she then flies around at a fast speed and attacks foes with her Silver Nageyari. She will throw the spear as her finishing attack, referencing how the weapon is ranged.
  • Oboro: Says "You are SO last season" and proceeds to attack the opponent Spear Master style. Her attacks can combo, and sometimes any of the hits will do more damage than normal to reference the Rend Heaven skill.
  • Kagero and Saizo dual team: Either one of them will appear and will say "You've breathed your last." He/she then vanishes and the next thing that happens is that Kagero/Saizo quickly slash diagonally from one end of the screen followed by the other ninja slashing diagonally from the opposite direction. Would look very similar to Latios and Latias's dual attack in Smash Bros and less like that Kat and Anna Assist Trophy.
  • Azama: Uses a Hexing Rod on a nearby foe, causing the foe to suddenly experience a 50% damage increase (references how the the staff halves the foes's HP in the Fire Emblem games). It sometimes has a chance of missing just like in the games.
  • Kaden: Turns into his Kitsune form and says "Let's play" when summoned and proceeds to run back and forth across the stage. You can hop on his back and ride him similar to Gogoat, and he will bite foes along the way. Sometimes he will throw you off if he reaches the end of a stage by throwing his back forward (he's pretty flexible), or he can sometimes roll into a ball and crash into foes similar to how he attacks for his criticals in the games. If you're on him when that happens, you'll just jump off.
  • Leo: Readies his Brynhildr just like his cutscene in Birthright and says "I will erase you." Trees then sprout from the ground similar to Mr. Wright, or you could go with the much cooler version where the rocks suddenly surround him and can eventually form into a large tornado roughly the same size as Entei's attack in Smash; foes caught in it will rack up damage very quickly and have a high chance of being KOd if they reach high percents. Again, the rock floating around is a reference to Leo's cutscene; he even says Brynhildr is supposed to cast a gravity-like spell.
  • Camilla: Says "You've been naughty" and flies into the background with her wyvern. She then uses Ragnarock to create three massive explosions on the stage similar to the dragon statue in the Kalos Pokemon League stage, but a bit bigger with each explosion having slightly wider range.
  • Peri: Charges at foes like the homicidal lover she is and attacks in a playful and childish fashion, referencing her personality. Each time she lands a hit, she says "THWACK"; similar to how she used death blows against any servant who did anything wrong to her.
  • Niles: Readies his bow and says "Here's a taste." He jumps and fires own arrow, then another while cartwheeling in the air, and then a final but much stronger arrow before landing. He can also steal projectiles coming at him, and the projectiles get cancelled away similar to Rosalina's Gravitational Pull. This would reference Niles' thief capabilities.
  • Charlotte: Opens with a taunt that looks just like her victory animation from the games. Her expression suddenly changes as her personality changes into her true self. She grabs the axe from behind her back and gets ready for to lunge. She says one of her critical quotes beforehand (any of them will do because they are all great) and lands a really powerful attack on whoever she hits. She can do this twice. The attack ends with her throwing the axe aside (another way foes can be damaged) as she returns into her "nice" self and strikes a pose before vanishing.
  • Keaton: Turns into his Wolfskin form and says "Hunting party" when summoned and proceeds to attack foes just like he does in the games. Large brutal punches and scratches and using that one "upward bite" as a combo finisher.

If Serena doesn't confess by the end of the Kalos saga, then I guess that makes for another good reason why she could travel to Alola with Ash: she could confess her feelings by the end of the Sun and Moon saga there.

And having the narrator describe the journey like that during the scene would definitely add to the emotion of the battle in a really good way, not to mention that avoiding any detail about who was the victor could definitely make for a great way to tell viewers "You decide who won that battle," leaving it up to the viewers' interpretation.
I only don't think she'll confess directly, because I don't see the anime directly bringing love in. I could certainly be wrong, and it be interesting to see how the scene would go down.

And yeah, I really liked that battle idea, it also could fit really well in terms to how big fights like that are handled in the anime.

Why is Peach a child here and why does Mario look like a pedophile making off with her, with Toad as his wingman?
There are so many weird things in this picture....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you have to buy Xbox Live to buy online games on the Xbox 360?

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
No, Silver Membership (free) is all you need to download games.

Gold Membership is for playing and for some other bonuses, like discounts.
It doesn't, however, help that most good Xbox games are majorly online these days...

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I'm curious.

Star Fox Zero has been out for a while.

So...

1. Have you played it?
2. Have you bought it?
3. What did you think about it?
4. Have you beaten it?

I finally got the chance to beat it last night. Beat every mission and I thought it was pretty awesome. Did Co-op with a friend for most of it.
1. Nope

2. See number one.

3. I din't played it, but it looks fun. I'll probably pick it up before the NX comes out.

4. See number one.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...shment/ar-BBtC6ak?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15
Wow. Even it was just for five minutes, why would any parent leave their child as punishment? Especially in the woods of all places? Poor kid.

I accidentally ran into that Fire Emblem Fates manga and oh my god Rinkah has so many reaction image worthy pictures.

Someone seriously needs to Photoshop the last one and replace the food with a "Your Tears" cup and straw.
Arthur's face on the top one though... something about it just cracks me up.

:094:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm thinking I may give Metroid II a try again after completing Uprising....I'm on chapter 20 so I assume I'm not too far off...

still have to continue playing xenoblade at some point though...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sniper Takumi looks pretty badass.

Gave him a Butterfly Mask for that extra flair. And Robin's Books because why not.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wants for the future of fire types.

Litten: Fire/Dark Tiger
Rabbit: Fire/Ice Bipedal Hare
Serpent: Fire/Poison Hydra
Horse: Fire/Fairy Pegasus
Ox: Fire/Dark Minotaur
Sheep: Fire/Rock Ram

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does anyone know if there is a downloadable driver so I can use the Pokkén Tournament FightPad on PC?

I'd like to expand its use outside of the only one compatible game.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Wants for the future of fire types.

Litten: Fire/Dark Tiger
Rabbit: Fire/Ice Bipedal Hare
Serpent: Fire/Poison Hydra
Horse: Fire/Fairy Pegasus
Ox: Fire/Dark Minotaur
Sheep: Fire/Rock Ram
Are you bringing up those animals simply out of nowhere or?

Also I finished Genealogy of the Holy War's Chapter 1. What did it take me, three hours and a half? o.o;

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Also I finished Genealogy of the Holy War's Chapter 1. What did it take me, three hours and a half? o.o;
I'm pretty sure that those are the animals left on the chinese zodiac that hasn't been fire starters yet, because of the "Fire starters are based on chinese zodiac" theory.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

They are the remaining animals from the Chinese Zodiac, which is what the fire starters for Pokemon are based off of (to an extent)....

:4greninja:Gekkouga'd...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Plus having to use the terrain to your advantage unlike Fire Emblem.
You clearly don't understand the power of a Swordmaster in a forest tile, do you?

Genealogy is weird
I mean, saving anytime is nice but if you save at the wrong time, you may put yourself in an unwinnable situation since as far as I'm aware, there's no way to reset a chapter unless you made a separate save for it

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
By the way, is that Steven Stone gif in your sig originally from the anime?
Yep, it's from the second Mega Evolution special that featured Alain vs Steven. It happens around the beginning of the special.

I only don't think she'll confess directly, because I don't see the anime directly bringing love in. I could certainly be wrong, and it be interesting to see how the scene would go down.

And yeah, I really liked that battle idea, it also could fit really well in terms to how big fights like that are handled in the anime.
I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes up too high for Serena's confession happening. It's a kid show after all. Then again, I'm a huge Amourshipper myself, and like other Amourshippers, I too hope Serena confesses.

Not to mention the X/Y anime as a whole has had a lot of more mature moments than the other Pokemon series, and just the fact they finally made one of the protoganists have clear feelings for a character is one of those signs, and with all the shipping hints they've left throughout the series, they should try to find a way to have it culminate in some sort of way.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rinkah just took on 12 promoted enemy units in one round in a Castle Invasion.

In general, she's become a consistent Critical Hit Machine, as well as a Lethality Machine.

Absolutely unstoppable.

And then afterwards she's just like:

Gee, I dunno, how 'bout some more murder? :p

Also I've really been liking Marth, he's one of my favourite units too (partly because he's also a Critical Hit Machine and his Critical Hit quotes are fantastic). All of the Smash crew are great in this game though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know watching SFV on Combo Breaker is interesting but I just see it kinda being boring compared to USF4.

That and I always liked how SF4 looks but that's just me. The game is fine to watch and probably is to play but my bias for SF4 is so hard, it hurts.

I miss that game :crying:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yep, it's from the second Mega Evolution special that featured Alain vs Steven. It happens around the beginning of the special.

I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes up too high for Serena's confession happening. It's a kid show after all. Then again, I'm a huge Amourshipper myself, and like other Amourshippers, I too hope Serena confesses.

Not to mention the X/Y anime as a whole has had a lot of more mature moments than the other Pokemon series, and just the fact they finally made one of the protoganists have clear feelings for a character is one of those signs, and with all the shipping hints they've left throughout the series, they should try to find a way to have it culminate in some sort of way.
Yeah it be aimed audiences makes it unlikely, but with the mature audiences you never know.

Side Note: I also seeing Alexa returning as a minor character. She could join Ash and them and report on the incident. Maybe even have Ash's Noivern fight with hers.

This is one of my favorite movies! This is really sad to see happen.
:(

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yeah it be aimed audiences makes it unlikely, but with the mature audiences you never know.

Side Note: I also seeing Alexa returning as a minor character. She could join Ash and them and report on the incident. Maybe even have Ash's Noivern fight with hers.
I can see Alexa further exposing Team Flare's crimes. Perhaps she'd be the first to report about the Lysandre Labs since that location and her headquarters are both located in Lumiose City. I'd love to see her and Ash's Noivern team up though. Ash's Noivern needs some more love.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also, Forgot to post this.

Overwatch Hero Idea, too fresh to really have a great grasp on approximate numbers. Felt like a good enough place to test the water.

Gaea Lee Olivia Viola Ezell, aka G.L.O.V.E.
Class: Offense

Design
Somewhat slender female with a translucent visor. Her supplemental bulk added by large football shoulderpad-eseque upper armor, and a massive gauntlet on her right arm going up to her forearm. Attached to the back of her right hand is a metal disc the size of a buckler with an open slit running along the middle depth all around, akin to a yoyo.

Backstory
From a young age, Gaea had a strong fascination with tinkering and inventions. However, fascination and motivation does not always come bundled with proficient.... even sometimes adequate skill. Throughout the years, her inventions have been a long history of partially functioning messes and explosive failures. And that isn't a figure of speech! That isn't to say that she never found a way to channel her kind of creative curse into something proficient, and ultimately became one of few skilled enough to make their own equipment that stands up to the military grade, all bugs aside. Seeing the world plunged into crisis once more, Gaea finds herself dedicated to do some real field testing with her latest combat suit. Power Over Weight Equalizing Robotics, aka P.O.W.E.R.

Abilities
Left Mouse: P.O.W.E.R. Disc - Gaea swings her arm in an uppercut. Blades emerge from the large disc on the back of the glove and effective cut into the opponent like a chainsaw.

Left Shift: Explosive Charge - Gaea's jetpack erupts in a quick and explosive launch in the direction of aim. Deals 25 damage to Gaea if striking terrain or other Heroes; other heroes will take 75 damage and be knocked back slightly.

E: Sleeper Slice - Gaea launches out the bladed disc like a deadly yoyo attached to an energy tether attached to her arm which will slice into a struck target repeatedly for a short duration and can be withdrawn earlier by pressing E again. For the duration of the attack, Gaea is immobile and the attack will be cut short upon taking damage.

Q: Blade Twister - Gaea erupts high into the air before launching her disc towards the ground, spinning it along the ground in an enclosing spiral across the span of 3 seconds, repeatedly striking all enemies in the radius before she falls back to the ground as it finishes its path beneath.

"Legacy" Skin Ideas
G.L.O.V.E.R. Watch - A dress suit with the actual weapon replaced by a giant clock gear with the overwatch symbol and clock hands on the face.

Mega G.L.O.V.E. - Effectively an adjusted Megaman outfit with a giant saw blade to replace her normal weapon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can see Alexa further exposing Team Flare's crimes. Perhaps she'd be the first to report about the Lysandre Labs since that location and her headquarters are both located in Lumiose City. I'd love to see her and Ash's Noivern team up though. Ash's Noivern needs some more love.
I definitely think she'll be the first to report. And Ash's noivern will hopefully get more screen time as it's only been around a short while, but I hope the league showcases it more.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I definitely think she'll be the first to report. And Ash's noivern will hopefully get more screen time as it's only been around a short while, but I hope the league showcases it more.
Yeah, Noivern needs some love during the League. The only time I remember Ash's Noivern prevailing in battle was when it won against Zapdos. In the other times we've seen Noivern fight so far, it was defeated at almost straight away despite putting up a really good fight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just ran into a pretty tough Challenge mission.

Swordmasters everywhere. They could actually stand up to Ryoma.

However, I paired up Scarlet with Ike and for some reason, they only did 1-3 damage to Ike, so I just had him tank for me.

And Rinkah took on a few too as she didn't take much damage either, plus she has the Barb Shuriken.

Also I got to 3 big hearts and 10 small hearts in the bonding thing with Rinkah. You don't seem to get anything for it though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ibuki confirmed for next DLC character and she's looking real Naruto-ish

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Boy imagine the Smash Bros. characters having their Victory Animations as Overwatches "Play of The Game" intros.

I actually kind of makes sense of Ibuki's design in SFV since real "Ninjas" don't really have their own uniform, and instead wear any kind suited to the mission.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ibuki confirmed for next DLC character and she's looking real Naruto-ish
I just watched the trailer, and goodness, her Critical Art is literally the Rasengan!

Speaking of her trailer...

I really like her SFV theme.

EDIT: Lol, Powerprotoman and I posted the trailer at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom