• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to play "What did Zebei get in the mail today?"

My Infinity collection is now 1/3 the size of my amiibo collection. I remember when I swore I would never buy one of these.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member

Today is also the day where I started this, one year ago to the day :

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

My Infinity collection is now 1/3 the size of my amiibo collection. I remember when I swore I would never buy one of these.
Stitch is one of the only figures I want

Maybe Boba Fett too

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Reminds me I did manage to find the Venom DI figure the other day...he's pretty cool in this artstyle...
I'm tempted to grab a Yoda or some other Star wars figure but we'll see...

Still waiting for the Samus amiibo though...

I'm thinking of clearing up one of my shelves and starting to set up most of my figures on there...so far Venom and the Wolf Link amiibo are the only ones I've opened for now and they're just chillin on my messy desk (along side Mega Latias/Rayquaza/Gyarados figures I got from the TCG)

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i went out and bought dragon qust heroes at its new half off price.....i think im the only person alive
who can walk in into a store and buy the day one edition of a game 7 months after the fact

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Like, even with the last update coming in June, the great thing is that the figures themselves are so well-sculpted and designed that they're just great figures in general, even beyond the game. :p

I still need to pick up the Marvel Battlegrounds playset, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Vision, Luke Skywalker (Light FX), Elsa, Stitch, and the Finding Dory playset...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The Fire Emblem Fates Anthology comics are really entertaining. I stumbled upon Birthright Chapter 5, and I absolutely loved it because it parodied Hinata and Oboro's Supports, and the result was pretty funny (not to mention they are my favorite retainer duo). Takumi being dressed with glasses and a Nohrian crown was simply too good to pass up. I had to make it my new avatar for the time being!

The Conquest one that parodies Niles and Nyx's supports were also quite funny; you really see the consequences of that silence spell Nyx castes.

They released the Revelation Anthology just recently, so we don't have a translation for the chapters in that one yet though.

For me, it'd be:
  • Takumi: Readies his Fujin Yumi before a critical just like in Fates and says one of his critical quotes (any one of them will do because they are all great). He fires his bow, and it one shots characters similar to Suicune's Aurora Beam or Deoxys' Hyper Beam. Just like the Aurora Beam and Hyper Beam, the attack is very brief.
  • Hinoka: Uses the power of Drago'sn Vein to suddenly make everyone floaty (references Conquest Chapter 24 when she uses the Dragon Vein to increase the mobility of all flying units); she then flies around at a fast speed and attacks foes with her Silver Nageyari. She will throw the spear as her finishing attack, referencing how the weapon is ranged.
  • Oboro: Says "You are SO last season" and proceeds to attack the opponent Spear Master style. Her attacks can combo, and sometimes any of the hits will do more damage than normal to reference the Rend Heaven skill.
  • Kagero and Saizo dual team: Either one of them will appear and will say "You've breathed your last." He/she then vanishes and the next thing that happens is that Kagero/Saizo quickly slash diagonally from one end of the screen followed by the other ninja slashing diagonally from the opposite direction. Would look very similar to Latios and Latias's dual attack in Smash Bros and less like that Kat and Anna Assist Trophy.
  • Azama: Uses a Hexing Rod on a nearby foe, causing the foe to suddenly experience a 50% damage increase (references how the the staff halves the foes's HP in the Fire Emblem games). It sometimes has a chance of missing just like in the games.
  • Kaden: Turns into his Kitsune form and says "Let's play" when summoned and proceeds to run back and forth across the stage. You can hop on his back and ride him similar to Gogoat, and he will bite foes along the way. Sometimes he will throw you off if he reaches the end of a stage by throwing his back forward (he's pretty flexible), or he can sometimes roll into a ball and crash into foes similar to how he attacks for his criticals in the games. If you're on him when that happens, you'll just jump off.
  • Leo: Readies his Brynhildr just like his cutscene in Birthright and says "I will erase you." Trees then sprout from the ground similar to Mr. Wright, or you could go with the much cooler version where the rocks suddenly surround him and can eventually form into a large tornado roughly the same size as Entei's attack in Smash; foes caught in it will rack up damage very quickly and have a high chance of being KOd if they reach high percents. Again, the rock floating around is a reference to Leo's cutscene; he even says Brynhildr is supposed to cast a gravity-like spell.
  • Camilla: Says "You've been naughty" and flies into the background with her wyvern. She then uses Ragnarock to create three massive explosions on the stage similar to the dragon statue in the Kalos Pokemon League stage, but a bit bigger with each explosion having slightly wider range.
  • Peri: Charges at foes like the homicidal lover she is and attacks in a playful and childish fashion, referencing her personality. Each time she lands a hit, she says "THWACK"; similar to how she used death blows against any servant who did anything wrong to her.
  • Niles: Readies his bow and says "Here's a taste." He jumps and fires own arrow, then another while cartwheeling in the air, and then a final but much stronger arrow before landing. He can also steal projectiles coming at him, and the projectiles get cancelled away similar to Rosalina's Gravitational Pull. This would reference Niles' thief capabilities.
  • Charlotte: Opens with a taunt that looks just like her victory animation from the games. Her expression suddenly changes as her personality changes into her true self. She grabs the axe from behind her back and gets ready for to lunge. She says one of her critical quotes beforehand (any of them will do because they are all great) and lands a really powerful attack on whoever she hits. She can do this twice. The attack ends with her throwing the axe aside (another way foes can be damaged) as she returns into her "nice" self and strikes a pose before vanishing.
  • Keaton: Turns into his Wolfskin form and says "Hunting party" when summoned and proceeds to attack foes just like he does in the games. Large brutal punches and scratches and using that one "upward bite" as a combo finisher.

If Serena doesn't confess by the end of the Kalos saga, then I guess that makes for another good reason why she could travel to Alola with Ash: she could confess her feelings by the end of the Sun and Moon saga there.

And having the narrator describe the journey like that during the scene would definitely add to the emotion of the battle in a really good way, not to mention that avoiding any detail about who was the victor could definitely make for a great way to tell viewers "You decide who won that battle," leaving it up to the viewers' interpretation.
By the way, is that Steven Stone gif in your sig originally from the anime?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I got an infinity figure before Opo. Welcome to apocolyptia

Combobreaker top 6 starting
EDIT

https://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

removed the embed because I don't think anyone here wants twitch chat in this thread

Except maybe me and cyber
He's always on sale for like, five bucks or less, so I figured I had time. D:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Only after seeing a Doctor Strange post on the Pokemon subreddit did I realize this...a ton of the beings Strange invokes in his spells could easily sound like Pokemon to those who aren't in the know.

Hoggoth, Raggadorr, Faltine, Cyttorak, Munnopor, Wattomb, and Agomotto could all be reasonably mistaken for Pokemon. :p
Marvel characters having Pokemon will cause some monotype teams all around aside from Cap and Iron Man.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Disney are owning the box office this year.
All of the top 3 grossing films this year are from them.
And they still have Finding Dory, Doctor Strange and Star Wars to come.
inb4 Scrooge swimming in money gif or the family guy one

BLACK MARKET

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I swear that One Piece fans are going on board with the Pudding x Sanji ships.

But little do they know that she could be using that niceness as a facade given who she's related to
(Big Mom).

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

But little do they know that she could be using that niceness as a facade given who she's related to (Big Mom).
Shh! Put a spoiler. Maybe there is an anime only watcher who will read this.

I agree with you thought.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chapter 17 of Birthright took way longer than it had any right to.

I was doing fine and my units were well built for the map, but I was getting unlucky with enemies with like a 6% Crit Rate getting a critical on my units and putting them out of commission.

At least a good number of characters got Level Ups by the time I finished it.

But of course it ends with Flora committing suicide.

That's a lovely reward for beating it. :\

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Whoops. :nervous:

Thanks for telling me, mate.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Why is Peach a child here and why does Mario look like a pedophile making off with her, with Toad as his wingman?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm curious.

Star Fox Zero has been out for a while.

So...

1. Have you played it?
2. Have you bought it?
3. What did you think about it?
4. Have you beaten it?

I finally got the chance to beat it last night. Beat every mission and I thought it was pretty awesome. Did Co-op with a friend for most of it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm curious.

So...

1. Have you played it?
2. Have you bought it?
4. Have you beaten it?

I finally got the chance to beat it last night. Beat every mission and I thought it was pretty awesome. Did Co-op with a friend for most of it.
Nope.
Nope.
Best thing that could be done of "It's-totally-not-Star-Fox-64-Again" kind of set up in terms of some damn good level design and varying missions and all that. But damn if the controls didn't put an initial gap between it and people that it definitely didn't need given the console.
Nope.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm curious.

So...

1. Have you played it?
2. Have you bought it?
4. Have you beaten it?

1.) Yes I have.
2.) Yes, got it $10 off on Amazon.
3.) The controls certainly took some getting used to, but they're nowhere near as bad as some people made it out to be. It's pure, Star Fox fun. I just feel like it played itself a little too safe, though I can see why they did.
4.) I've beaten it once and gotten a couple of the extra paths, I haven't had the time to do the other routes.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

Why is Peach a child here and why does Mario look like a pedophile making off with her, with Toad as his wingman?
Considering how Mario looks bigger than a lot of things there, perhaps he just has a super mushroom?

I do agree Peach looks like a child, though.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord

But little do they know that she could be using that niceness as a facade given who she's related to
(Big Mom).

Yes please; I'm only on chapter 490 of the manga, try not to spoil the most recent arcs openly please.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm curious.

So...

1. Have you played it?
2. Have you bought it?
4. Have you beaten it?

1) Yes, I played through all of the missions, did one Arcade Mode playthrough, and have gotten a few medals and stuff here and there. Did the Training missions too. All in single-player.

2) Yes, I pre-ordered the First Print Edition.

3) Gameplay-wise and presentation wise it's really good. It definitely feels fun and satisfying to play, and unlike most people, I thought the controls felt natural and intuitive. I honestly find it weird to play SF64 now because the controls in Zero allow for way more flexibility. Music is great too. I didn't like the Gyrowing though, it's completely redundant, especially since the Arwing gets the hacking function anyway and both missions with the Gyrowing can be played with the Arwing anyway. I also do not feel the series needed this shift to a new control scheme.

However, I was incredibly disappointed with the story. Miyamoto kept bragging the game up to have some really cool new story elements, and the anime short also alluded to this. However, the end result is a whole lot of nothing, and other than the more frequent appearances of Star Wolf, I feel Zero's story has EVEN LESS meat on it's bones than what 64 had. I honestly do not want to see them go back to the SF64 (and arguably SNES Star Fox) plot after this, I'm getting sick of it and IMO it has sort of sullied my memories of the original plot. This whole return to form just feels ill timed to me, what with us just getting Star Fox 64 3D a couple of years prior. IMO, Miyamoto got it backwards - as much as I like the new control scheme personally, it's clear people do not like it. He should have done something new with the story and lore (at least something that wasn't a rehash of 64) and played it safe with the gameplay, rather than the other way around.

Also the game desperately needed online play. The fact is that this game has WAY less content than Star Fox 64, and does not feel like it was worth full price (I would have held off, but I wanted the physical version of Star Fox: Guard). Robust online play alone would have easily justified a full retail price, but the game does not have it. It doesn't even have local VS. It doesn't even have Pilot Mode (contrary to popular belief, Star Fox first tried on-foot gameplay with 64, as the ultimate unlockable in the game, and that's an awesome completion bonus). Also don't even bother getting all of the medals (don't care to spoiler this because as far as I'm concerned I'm doing people a favour) - your only reward for doing so is unlocking the SNES Arwing and the Black Arwing - and you can already get these with the Fox and Falco amiibo. As someone who owns those amiibo, this is a huge "**** you" for being a loyal fan of the series. Even if you couldn't get them through the amiibo, this is a sorry excuse for a completion bonus, considering how difficult it is to get all of the medals in the game. I essentially have no reason to shoot for 100% completion in this game, because there is absolutely nothing to unlock.

Also the graphics are meh in terms of the technical standpoint, but the art direction is pretty good.

And the soundtrack is great.

Overall, this game follows the same trend a lot of recent Nintendo games have - it's mechanically really solid and a lot of fun to play, but there is so little to do you'll get bored quickly, and it's blantantly missing features that other games in the genre would have, or indeed, previous installments in the franchise had.

Star Fox: Guard is better and worth more money, in all honesty. Though I don't hate Zero. I am just incredibly disappointed with it. I kept my expectations grounded and they still managed to disappoint.

4) See the answer to question 1.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After clearing all the training missions for Advance Wars since the first time in the early 2000's, I'm all for Intelligent Systems reviving this IP.

But the real issue is trying to find ways to make it more attractive and accessible to a new audience. Maybe that's why Fire Emblem gets the most attention lately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom