• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Of course there are gonna be some relationships that feel forced. In a game with this many characters and possible combinations of pairings, you're gonna get some that they have to force so the option is there for those who want it, and so nobody feels shortchanged (though my friend felt shortchanged by Camilla's S Support with avatar). It's like how in Smash, of course there are some characters that are going to be barely viable and some that seem overwhelmingly powerful.
I can understand the appeal of having characters marry others, but I don't think absolutely everyone has to be able to pair with absolutely everyone either to keep the marriage system functional and to get people talking. Even when looking into the fanbase briefly, I don't see every support have a fanbase, it's usually a set of five or six at best that people gravitate to and usually discuss at length. So for instance, with Selena, I've seen a lot of fans talk about her with Keaton, Laslow, Odin, and Subaki, but not really any of her other options, and I think it comes down to that she's much more compatible with those four then she is with most of her other options. However, even with just those four options, you can get a discussion going between which of those four would be preferable with her, and that discussion can last depending on the fans talking. So I think that in general, you just want a good set of options for people to play around with, so that people can experiment across multiple playthroughs, but not have it too limited that it loses it appeal, and I think that balance could be struck.

Ultimately, I feel that Zoroarking's solution is probably the best one. Keep the marriages, but limit who can marry who, and add more platonic support endings. That way, you can still pair up the characters that can be together at least somewhat plausibly and keep people talking about who should be with who, but you avoid situations where the characters are talking about nothing and/or they clearly don't get along. Also, it'd be nice to have more AmeliaxDuessel supports as well.

tbh I think pretty much everything gets more positive feedback than Conquest's story
Haha, true.

And if there is a way to strip enemies with a specific character or weapon, that's more like an easter egg than it is a feature, because you can avoid it and it isn't supposed to be a selling point, and it's hidden deeper into the game. Saying you won't buy a game for that is like saying you won't buy a Metal Gear Solid game because some of the lockers have pin-ups of Japanese models in them, and all of the other wacky things Metal Gear Solid games do.
I don't think FrostWraith is saying that's the only thing driving him away from the games, it's just an example of something he doesn't like in the games that adds up to a bigger whole.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh man guys, pack it in.
Litten's becoming a fighting type.
Totally legit images, fresh off the press.

All I want fully evolved Litten to be is just a lion with a luchadore mask on.

And they could be called, "Leochador" or something.

Just something stupid we all know Game Freak would do.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh man guys, pack it in.
Litten's becoming a fighting type.
Totally legit images, fresh off the press.

So the dark recolor of the cat that turns into a girl angel evolves into the dark recolor of Leomon?

. . .I would ask why, but someone brought Agumon's evolution chart over here at one point and after seeing that I'm guessing anything and everything is not only possible but likely when it comes to Digimon.

True, but the argument people give for that is:

"Pfft eevee is just special and a mascot, no one else will get past evos."

Which I think is kind of bull, I don't see that stopping any other mons from getting evos or pre evos.
I think they might have stopped adding evos, but it has nothing to do with the Megas.

Prior to Gen 5, people utterly hated new evos and especially prevos like nothing else. The latter because it took away a possible evo and the former for the same "it taints the line" reason as Mega Evos.

It's like :wolf:. The instant people get what they want, the old complainers fall away into the darkness and a whole wave of new ones pops up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well goddammit then.

Sometimes I question why I put so much focus on Nintendo games.

D

Deleted member

Someone help, my family is watching "A matter of faith", who allowed this attrocity to exist? There's being religious and then there's just being outright offensive

Last edited by a moderator:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Someone help, my family is watching "A matter of faith", who allowed this attrocity to exist? There's being religious and then there's just being outright offensive
*Looking what it is on RottenTomatoes*

A Christian movie that deny evolution? Keep this as far as possible please.

Why are your parents doing such an horrible thing?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
And the dressing up thing is hardly pandering, it's just like it is in most other games. Most of them are just cool, cute, or funny. The only one that could be considered "fanservice" is the Bath Robe, and even then, the image of someone fighting in a Bath Robe is more funny than it is sexy. They are also completely optional, and don't provide any stat benefits unless you are defending your castle in online matches, IIRC (not sure if they do anything during Invasions in the campaign, but I doubt they do).
I would like to point out that the characters don't even fight in the bath robes. Rather, cosmetic wise, it only changes how you see them in the Bath House. I think it might also change what the character is wearing when getting hit by Raider Weapons/Sophie, but I can't confirm that. So as far as I know, cosmetic-wise, the only thing the Bath Robe is for is just for the Bath House. Otherwise, it also gives you the bonus for My Castle battles. But really, there is no real point to the Bath Robes, other than if you want to see the characters a bit more covered in the Bath House.

Anyway, I really like Fates gameplay-wise and I think that while Fates did have some potential that wasn't handled too brightly, there are a lot of things that Fates added that I do like alot and hope the series keeps.

D

Deleted member

It's a christian movie, you answered your own question

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I honestly don't see what's wrong with Conquest's story but ah well.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Young Earth Creationism may be awkward or even mind breaking to anyone who wasn't raised with it, but I don't see how it's outright offensive. It doesn't hurt anyone, it just assumes history follows the timeline of the Bible down to the literal letter without any leeway for alternate translations or nonliteral word usage.

It's not even really worth kicking up a fuss over compared to the legitimately offensive things you see some Christians talk about, anyway. If it's worth calling offensive, it's probably something that slanders the LGBT community, although insulting other religions is a likely candidate as well.

Heck, some modern day Protestants still hold a grudge against Catholics, although since they're both Christian groups I'm not sure anyone would file that as offensive these days.

The problem that many Christians have is that they see anyone who doesn't think just like them as either horrible monsters or people to be pitied for being stupid and uneducated. You can't judge the religion itself or even the religious Right for that because tons of entirely atheist Left-wing people supporting various causes act the exact same way.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Want another good example of a terrible religious film?

God's Not Dead. You have no idea how badly triggered my family was by this film.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Young Earth Creationism may be awkward or even mind breaking to anyone who wasn't raised with it, but I don't see how it's outright offensive. It doesn't hurt anyone, it just assumes history follows the timeline of the Bible down to the literal letter without any leeway for alternate translations or nonliteral word usage.

It's not even really worth kicking up a fuss over compared to the legitimately offensive things you see some Christians talk about, anyway. If it's worth calling offensive, it's probably something that slanders the LGBT community, although insulting other religions is a likely candidate as well.

Heck, some modern day Protestants still hold a grudge against Catholics, although since they're both Christian groups I'm not sure anyone would file that as offensive these days.

The problem that many Christians have is that they see anyone who doesn't think just like them as either horrible monsters or people to be pitied for being stupid and uneducated. You can't judge the religion itself or even the religious Right for that because tons of entirely atheist Left-wing people supporting various causes act the exact same way.
You obviously didn't see the movie
The religious characters are portrayed as victims and the non-religious ones are portrayed as, basically, assholes
The movie is also centered around a debate which basically resumes to "because it doesn't make sense without God" vs. jabs at religion
Want another good example of a terrible religious film?

God's Not Dead. You have no idea how badly triggered my family was by this film.
From what I've heard, A matter of faith is considered the second coming of this movie, I don't even want to get near something like that ever again

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Moses is a good religious movie

Or w/e it's called

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You obviously didn't see the movie
The religious characters are portrayed as victims and the non-religious ones are portrayed as, basically, ********
The movie is also centered around a debate which basically resumes to "because it doesn't make sense without God" vs. jabs at religion

From what I've heard, A matter of faith is considered the second coming of this movie, I don't even want to get near something like that ever again
I didn't say the movie wasn't offensive, just that Young Earth Creationism isn't.

If I gave the impression I thought the movie itself was fine, then I apologize, because I full well believe you that it was one-sided angry garbage.

Heck, that's what the last three paragraphs of my post were about, listing off some of the ways Christians can be one-sided and angry. I was trying to be a bit more balanced in it, but I was at least trying to agree in my own garbled way.

Although I suppose I could ask for more detail in what happened. I don't necessarily need to, I have a hunch I know what the formula is just from the typical way the debate is treated, but it might be interesting to hear a little further so I can have something more clear to see the issues with than just "the usual."

Because yeah, I think I've seen the "atheists are monsters and faith is the true path" display before.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Sorry I've been so scarce lately guys. Been a bit rough on my end.

...Wait what the actual **** are we talking about.

Never change, you bunch of lovlies~

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As a Christian, I am left in an awkward position here.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A bit late to the party, but my thoughts on the FE: Fates plots:

I'm one of the many that liked Birthright's plot far more than Conquest's plot. It's straightforward and is the usual "hero plot" and has problems here and there, yes, but at least it doesn't get too complex to the point it gets messy like what happens in Conquest. I already explained what were my problems with Conquest's plot were over at the last Nintenzone social thread in my concluding thoughts about Conquest. A discussion earlier today also covered another detail that Birthright handled better than Conquest.

As for Revelation, I still haven't beaten the route, but I can already see the problems its story has. I can't say if its story is better than Birthright, but it is still more enjoyable than Conquest's IMO.

In terms of gameplay, Conquest still destroys the two versions by a long shot. I don't have a favorite version though, as I still enjoy all the versions because it feels like each of them have certain elements that make one version more enjoyable than the other.

Yeah, Ash greninja is basically his mega, which is why I find it unlikely. Ash's 6th slot still has a lot of potential. I think the goodra scenario is definitely likely, but I wouldn't count out past mons either. Still will be interesting to see what ends up being his sixth mon though. Charles was one of my favorite characters. I'd love to see him return. It's just funny how he looks like an older version of ash though.

The rivals from XY being knocked out early does make sense, theire teams could still be cool. They'd at least be able to put up a fight maybe. So it could still be a good match. As for Lysandre, his reveal as a bad guy has a lot of potential. I think another great thing would be sycamore's reaction to Allan working with Lysandre and with Lyysandre being shown as evil. It could make for a good backstory there and I wouldn't mind them exploring it more. I think the vine machine will be used as a way to summon zygarde complete. Their machine would cause the vines to come to life, and maybe attack people. Thus the enviorment would be damaged and Zygarde complete would form, thus they can capture and use it. What's interesting is the fan game pokemon reborn actually has the evil team use tangrowth hooked up to what they call pulse machines. These machines create like mutated versions of the pokemon and amplify it's power. The evil team uses the vines to destroy cities, and take over areas as they can't be cut unless you stop the source. Probably not at all what will happen, but it's still something I thought of when I saw the machine.
Blaziken man could have a good backstory to. Perhaps clemont's mother was killed ala batman style and thus he vows to protect the city?

As for them kidnapping squishy, I could see that happen to. And looker coming back would be pretty awesome, especially if they bring in Emma. I liked her character and seeing her have the suit could be a cool thing as well. Maybe have it that the looker agency was formed something after Ash started, and Looker learned that Emma was being manipulated by Flare and helps save her and the suit?

Zinnia would also be great, but will probably not happen sadly. Steven I think has a good chance of showing up since they brought him into the TF storyline partially. However your idea for her to appear would be pretty awesome. Az would be a really neat person to see in the anime, but it probably won't happen. It be interesting to see if he'd be taller then Lt. Surge though. I do think that AZ's flotette could have been something similar to Ash greninja, because Ash greninja does not refer to the original Ash greninja, its something entirely different. The ninja village story seemed to be within the last 1,000 years, but 3,000 years ago was when AZ existed so it could happen.

Ash fighting Dianthia again, could definitely happen, maybe make it like the AZ fight in XY. At the ceremony she thanks Ash for helping save the region and offers a battle. Perhaps a full battle, but maybe not. This probably won't happen but I would love if it did. Having Ash actually beat Dianthia but as you said not technically win the league, could be an interesting plot point. Maybe Ash is even offered an E4 position as they get rid of Malava for her actions. He'd deny it and then perhaps Alexa or dianthia talk to him about the Aloa region. It also be neat if Allan decides to do an honest journey and goes to Aloa with Mallon and ash, and becomes a rival to him.

Most of this probably won't happen, but I really hope it all does in some form as it be such a good twist for the anime. I wanted Plasma to crash the league in BW's anime, but it didn't happen. However there is more of a chance here. Whatever happens I hope some of this comes true and that the conclusion to XY is good and sets up for an even better and more mature anime next time.
The idea of using the vine machine to capture Zygarde's Complete Form really makes me think the vine machine is the anime version of the Ultimate Weapon. Something tells me that the two times we saw it used could be just "test experiments" and perhaps a "vine-growing bomb" could be the ultimate version. Similarly, if they used the Ultimate Weapon, it would've brought out Zygarde to restore Kalos' ecosystem, and then Team Flare captures it to prevent Kalos from recovering and perhaps use it's power for something even worse.

On that note, I think the first use of the Ultimate Weapon could be how AZ learns about Zygarde. Kalos becomes a desolate wasteland thanks to the weapon, but he witnesses Zygarde restore the region thanks to its power. Flash forward to 3000 years later and he sees vines are ruining Kalos's ecosystem, and once he realizes what Zygarde will do, it soon dawns on him the same group responsible for those vines want to capture Zygarde. Again, very doubtful AZ will appear, but it's just a thought how they could bring AZ into this.

Clement's mom being killed Batman style sounds very plausible, especially since Blaziken Mask does have that Batman vibe to him. Maybe she was killed by Team Flare for some reason to further connect into the whole Team Flare finale arc? Just a thought. The Emma idea sounds plausible too, not to mention I'm also interested in seeing Sycamore's reaction when he learns about Alain working for Team Flare.

Another thought that crossed my mind about Zinnia if the anime decides to incorporate her: according to Bulbapedia, it's revealed in Pokemon Adventures that Aster was the original Lorekeeper destined to defend the world from the meteorite. After her death, Zinnia took it in her place instead. Now, I haven't read Pokemon Adventures enough to understand if the manga implies Aster was a child or an adult, but the games seem to hint that Aster was a child due to how Zinnia interacts with her Whismur who was named Aster in her honor; more specifically, Whismur sometimes calls out "mum" ("mama" in the Japanese version), a different sounding cry for Whismur than normal, and how Zinnia treats it like its her daughter could mean that Aster was her daughter destined to be the Lorekeeper.

Now, going back to the idea that Team Flare could've played a major part in killing Aster, what if, when Zinnia meets up with Ash and company, she takes a particular liking for Bonnie because she reminds her of Aster because of their youthful appearance and possibly their light-hearted personality and love for Pokemon. She could also see Bonnie being the "Kalos Lorekeeper" because of how Puni-chan and her having a close relationship with each other (and Zinnia will already know who Puni-chan since she probably would've learned about Zygarde prior to their encounter, and so she does everything in her power to help Bonnie in every step of the way to save the world (in addition to Ash and her friends). Again, it's still very unlikely we'll see Zinnia in the anime, but it could make for some interesting if they decide to do this approach, especially since Zinnia would probably have a motherly approach towards her interactions with Bonnie.

I like the idea with the Diantha and Ash and how it would mirror the AZ battle in X/Y. I can see the E4 approach happening should Ash win, and then have her be the won to tell him about the Alola region when he declines the E4 offer.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The first thing that comes to mind is 'The Prince of Egypt', but I'm not sure if that's the one you're talking about.
I believe he is referring to "The Ten Commandments."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049833/

It's actually a pivotal point in cinematic history and worth the watch for anyone, really.

I actually believe that there are less religious people in the world now.
Its true. In the modern world at least. Though I'd be less bothered by it if science wasn't treated like it was a god. Science is a tool based on human understanding, not some constant truth.

And while yeah, a lot of Christian movies are pretty bad, preachy and insulting, I will say that some of the comments here seem to be directed towards the religion and not the movie...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

It's actually a pivotal point in cinematic history and worth the watch for anyone, really.

Its true. In the modern world at least. Though I'd be less bothered by it if science wasn't treated like it was a god. Science is a tool based on human understanding, not some constant truth.

And while yeah, a lot of Christian movies are pretty bad, preachy and insulting, I will say that some of the comments here seem to be directed towards the religion and not the movie...
It's more like they still believe that religion still is a major life force in world like it was before but really religious people are a minority now and always get obstructed due to the few bad apples and awful showings which doesn't show it in a better light.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
TBH I am too, I've just gotten a bit disillusioned by the double standards that are often held and such.

I'm viewing this from the perspective of someone who was raised conservatively but sees a world that thinks a completely different way.

Thinking on it, many of the more extreme Christians remind me of stereotypical SJWs in how they act.

The level of extremism there much be where the political horseshoe starts to get closer to meeting ends.

Yeah, that's part of why I didn't completely rip into it. I always get the impression people are ready to bash my religion on these things and it makes me kind of uncomfortable, so sometimes I feel I should go in and clarify whatever misconceptions I notice.

Really, it's against the teachings of the Bible to be actively insulting anyone, some Christians just do it because they're just looking for something to hate just like anyone else. I could easily call many people of this type tools of the Devil.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's more like they still believe that religion still is a major life force in world like it was before but really religious people are a minority now and always get obstructed due to the few bad apples and awful showings which doesn't show it in a better light.
Well that's not true.

More people are religious than non religious.

In the world wide scheme of things anyways.

Still, atheism is being treated as "the smart thing" and religion is being treated as "the dumb thing."

That is just blatantly problematic.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

People can believe what they want, it's one of the things that make us all unique and it's great.

However, movies like those are more propaganda than anything.

If I offensed anyone, I'm deeply sorry. I don't want to enter too much in the debate because I ain't the kind of person that is good to handle conversation about concept like religious or spiritual beliefs.

I will say, however, that I believed that theories like that exist because man needed an answer to question like "Where do we come from?", "Why do we exist?" or "Why is there storms?".

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well that's not true.

Still, atheism is being treated as "the smart thing" and religion is being treated as "the dumb thing."

I blame the media for it. It forgets how religious people have done much nicer and respectful things in the world but no one ever brings it up because they feel like Christianity is just full of hateful people who force their own beliefs

When in reality, that's just a notable minority that does that.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Well that's not true.

I think it's kind of like,

Religion seems to have a bad standing in media.

People who are into religion seem to be stereotyped into being freaks who walk up to doors and literally try to force people to believe religion.

I mean, not everybody is like that, right? Not every Jehova's Witness or Catholic is a major ass. To prove the point: one of my friends is a Jehova's Witness and I'm Catholic.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
the idea that religion and science cannot coexist perplexes me, even as an athiest

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I blame the media for it. It forgets how religious people have done much nicer and respectful things in the world but no one ever brings it up because they feel like Christianity is just full of hateful people who force their own beliefs

When in reality, that's just a notable minority that does that.
Frankly, media do that with anything, not just religions : they bring out the negative minority only, overshadowing the positive majority.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People can believe what they want, it's one of the things that make us all unique and it's great.

However, movies like those are more propaganda than anything.

If I offensed anyone, I'm deeply sorry. I don't want to enter too much in the debate because I ain't the kind of person that is good to handle conversation about concept like religious or spiritual beliefs.

I will say, however, that I believed that theories like that exist because man needed an answer to question like "Where do we come from?", "Why do we exist?" or "Why is there storms?".
Yeah, that's almost certainly true. Some more sheltered Christians have such bad concept myopia that it's hard for them to come up with anything that isn't rather cringey propaganda.

I think the thing is that people of all opinions have that issue, it's just much more noticeable when the person making the propaganda doesn't agree with your opinion. I've had plenty of times where I've watched more Left-wing documentaries or whatever and felt like I was being beat over the head with propaganda, but the average person likely wouldn't notice. Meanwhile there's Christian stuff I saw while I was younger that probably felt fine then but would likely seem more like blatant propaganda now.

the idea that religion and science cannot coexist perplexes me, even as an athiest
To clarify, Old Earth Creationists would probably be yelling "THANK YOU" to this right about now.

Young Earth Creationists would either say "Yes, it's just that your science is inaccurate at the moment" or get upset depending on the individual.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm Christian, and just want to say this. I'm fine with this actually. I have to agree that there are ways to do a Christian film and ways not to. I don't watch religious movies, but I've seen stuff on a lot of them. I think another thing that Christians( hardcore ones) should consider is that the religion has changed through the years. This can even be seen with the current pope who states things such as how evolution and religion can coexist. I think it's hard for people to see this sometimes though, thus we get situations where people find religions things hard to watch or read.
A bit late to the party, but my thoughts on the FE: Fates plots:

I'm one of the many that liked Birthright's plot far more than Conquest's plot. It's straightforward and is the usual "hero plot" and has problems here and there, yes, but at least it doesn't get too complex to the point it gets messy like what happens in Conquest. I already explained what were my problems with Conquest's plot were over at the last Nintenzone social thread in my concluding thoughts about Conquest. A discussion earlier today also covered another detail that Birthright handled better than Conquest.

As for Revelation, I still haven't beaten the route, but I can already see the problems its story has. I can't say if its story is better than Birthright, but it is still more enjoyable than Conquest's IMO.

In terms of gameplay, Conquest still destroys the two versions by a long shot. I don't have a favorite version though, as I still enjoy all the versions because it feels like each of them have certain elements that make one version more enjoyable than the other.

The idea of using the vine machine to capture Zygarde's Complete Form really makes me think the vine machine is the anime version of the Ultimate Weapon. Something tells me that the two times we saw it used could be just "test experiments" and perhaps a "vine-growing bomb" could be the ultimate version. Similarly, if they used the Ultimate Weapon, it would've brought out Zygarde to restore Kalos' ecosystem, and then Team Flare captures it to prevent Kalos from recovering and perhaps use it's power for something even worse.

On that note, I think the first use of the Ultimate Weapon could be how AZ learns about Zygarde. Kalos becomes a desolate wasteland thanks to the weapon, but he witnesses Zygarde restore the region thanks to its power. Flash forward to 3000 years later and he sees vines are ruining Kalos's ecosystem, and once he realizes what Zygarde will do, it soon dawns on him the same group responsible for those vines want to capture Zygarde. Again, very doubtful AZ will appear, but it's just a thought how they could bring AZ into this.

Clement's mom being killed Batman style sounds very plausible, especially since Blaziken Mask does have that Batman vibe to him. Maybe she was killed by Team Flare for some reason to further connect into the whole Team Flare finale arc? Just a thought. The Emma idea sounds plausible too, not to mention I'm also interested in seeing Sycamore's reaction when he learns about Alain working for Team Flare.

Another thought that crossed my mind about Zinnia if the anime decides to incorporate her: according to Bulbapedia, it's revealed in Pokemon Adventures that Aster was the original Lorekeeper destined to defend the world from the meteorite. After her death, Zinnia took it in her place instead. Now, I haven't read Pokemon Adventures enough to understand if the manga implies Aster was a child or an adult, but the games seem to hint that Aster was a child due to how Zinnia interacts with her Whismur who was named Aster in her honor; more specifically, Whismur sometimes calls out "mum" ("mama" in the Japanese version), a different sounding cry for Whismur than normal, and how Zinnia treats it like its her daughter could mean that Aster was her daughter destined to be the Lorekeeper.

Now, going back to the idea that Team Flare could've played a major part in killing Aster, what if, when Zinnia meets up with Ash and company, she takes a particular liking for Bonnie because she reminds her of Aster because of their youthful appearance and possibly their light-hearted personality and love for Pokemon. She could also see Bonnie being the "Kalos Lorekeeper" because of how Puni-chan and her having a close relationship with each other (and Zinnia will already know who Puni-chan since she probably would've learned about Zygarde prior to their encounter, and so she does everything in her power to help Bonnie in every step of the way to save the world (in addition to Ash and her friends). Again, it's still very unlikely we'll see Zinnia in the anime, but it could make for some interesting if they decide to do this approach, especially since Zinnia would probably have a motherly approach towards her interactions with Bonnie.

I like the idea with the Diantha and Ash and how it would mirror the AZ battle in X/Y. I can see the E4 approach happening should Ash win, and then have her be the won to tell him about the Alola region when he declines the E4 offer.
The vines could definitely be the anime's ultimate weapon. That's actually a pretty good way to tie AZ in. It be really cool to have him at one point in the arc, so I hope he shows up. Team Flare killing Clemont's mother would be a shocking twist but a really good one to. I also agree that he has a batman vibe to him as well.

That Zinnia bit is interesting! I'm really behind on the manga, I'm on the gold and silver arc, but the manga always gives such great depth to the characters in the games. It's super enjoyable. Aster in the games definitely has close ties to Zinnia, so I could see that storyline making sense in the manga as well. IT be neat to see her get involved. Zinnia being a guardian/helper to Bonnie would be super cute! I 'd love to see a character arc like that. Which makes me really want it, but she probably won't show up. Maybe after team Flare, they'll do a filler season/arc with Zinnia in it? I also now want to see her team up with Bonnie.

Dianthia as AZ would definitely be cool. Just imagine that fight, as the whole region watches, and maybe even Ash's mother and Oak will be there for the league in person. Which would also be a funny scenario. Someone said that delia should ask Ash if Serena is his girlfriend because of the way she looks at him, she can tell she really likes him. Then have Ash be like, she's just a girl that's a friend. I would laugh so much at that line if it happened. Serena's reaction would be priceless. Anyway with everyone watching, they could See how strong Ash is, and witness how he could have been the champion and is offered such a high position, but then declines it to go to Aloa. It be a really nice end to the saga and scene. Plus it would set up sun and moon quite nicely.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Funny, I got in a long conversation about the Fates plot lines with a buddy of mine who runs a retro game store nearby.

I definitely feel like Conquest is the more interesting of the two plots. There's just a lot more depth to it for me than the "Overthrow the Evil King" shindig, and I really didn't have that hard of a time following it. Can't vogue for Revelations yet.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There are different levels of beliefs when it comes to religion...

Some people are like 'Yeah, sure I believe in God'...then you got others who think The Bible (or whatever depending on the religion) is the only law and anyone who says otherwise are blasphemous infidels and must be judged...even though most religions tell us to accept anyone and everyone as God's children...

The latter is the extreme that makes things worse for both sides...because they force their ideals and will downright ignore any contradictions to the Bible...

Think of it similarly to Smash...The loud minority is often the only one that gets noticed...

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I think the thing is that people of all opinions have that issue, it's just much more noticeable when the person making the propaganda doesn't agree with your opinion. I've had plenty of times where I've watched more Left-wing documentaries or whatever and felt like I was being beat over the head with propaganda, but the average person likely wouldn't notice. Meanwhile there's Christian stuff I saw while I was younger that probably felt fine then but would likely seem more like blatant propaganda now.
The problem is that, no matter how much we want to be objective, we'll always be biaised in a way or another. We always judge and interpret things in accordance to our own beliefs. That's why concept such as "good" and "evil" are so hard to define. It's not for nothing that giving a sentence needs so much evidence : it's because the only way to gather an objective "truth" is to gather all the possible evidences and testimonies and compare them.

Edit: However, since we can never be sure if what we believe in is right, it's essential to be open to other possibilities.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Sup guys. I see the religion talk, but I wont be participating. I just felt like saying that after all of the FE talk, I feel like I suck :laugh: I literally have no idea what Im doing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The problem is that, no matter how much we want to be objective, we'll always be biaised in a way or another. We always judge and interpret things in accordance to our own beliefs. That's why concept such as "good" and "evil" are so hard to define. It's not for nothing that giving a sentence needs so much evidence : it's because the only way to gather an objective "truth" is to gather all the possible evidences and testimonies and compare them.

Edit: However, since we can never be sure if what we believe in is right, it's essential to be open to other possibilities.
Yep. The preachiness gets the worst when people's minds and hearts close entirely to the possibilities of others. None of us are going to be perfect with how we think, it's just a matter of not thinking that our way is the only way that has any shred of merit to it. It's a definite struggle to think about how anyone other than ourselves feel, but when we do manage it the knowledge can potentially make us better people for it.

Everyone's going to view the world with their own tint and shade, and a lot of times things can seem pretty unsettling if a different enough color is seen through that lens. It's just a matter of not thinking that all the colors of the rainbow that aren't yours are bad because of it. And yeah, that's understating it, but sometimes the most complicated things end up being worded more simply when we have no idea how to really put it beyond a feeling.

And I mean, we all slip up on seeing things through other people's eyes. I know I forget to do it a LOT. But just remembering it once in a while is better than never thinking to do it at all.

*EDIT*
There are different levels of beliefs when it comes to religion...

Some people are like 'Yeah, sure I believe in God'...then you got others who think The Bible (or whatever depending on the religion) is the only law and anyone who says otherwise are blasphemous infidels and must be judged...even though most religions tell us to accept anyone and everyone as God's children...

The latter is the extreme that makes things worse for both sides...because they force their ideals and will downright ignore any contradictions to the Bible...

Think of it similarly to Smash...The loud minority is often the only one that gets noticed...
Oh gosh. . .yeah I notice the parallels between religious debates and Smash a LOT. XD

Thank you, this sums it up pretty well.

My noticing of the parallels is more in the way people act when debating than the vocal minority issue, though, so I'll add this to (largely undefined) list of ways things seem to be in common.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The vines could definitely be the anime's ultimate weapon. That's actually a pretty good way to tie AZ in. It be really cool to have him at one point in the arc, so I hope he shows up. Team Flare killing Clemont's mother would be a shocking twist but a really good one to. I also agree that he has a batman vibe to him as well.

That Zinnia bit is interesting! I'm really behind on the manga, I'm on the gold and silver arc, but the manga always gives such great depth to the characters in the games. It's super enjoyable. Aster in the games definitely has close ties to Zinnia, so I could see that storyline making sense in the manga as well. IT be neat to see her get involved. Zinnia being a guardian/helper to Bonnie would be super cute! I 'd love to see a character arc like that. Which makes me really want it, but she probably won't show up. Maybe after team Flare, they'll do a filler season/arc with Zinnia in it? I also now want to see her team up with Bonnie.

Dianthia as AZ would definitely be cool. Just imagine that fight, as the whole region watches, and maybe even Ash's mother and Oak will be there for the league in person. Which would also be a funny scenario. Someone said that delia should ask Ash if Serena is his girlfriend because of the way she looks at him, she can tell she really likes him. Then have Ash be like, she's just a girl that's a friend. I would laugh so much at that line if it happened. Serena's reaction would be priceless. Anyway with everyone watching, they could See how strong Ash is, and witness how he could have been the champion and is offered such a high position, but then declines it to go to Aloa. It be a really nice end to the saga and scene. Plus it would set up sun and moon quite nicely.
A filler season/arc with Zinnia could happen, but I was thinking that much of Zinnia's backstory would take place during the Team Flare finale arc. Maybe, they could release a few specials either during or before it dedicated to Zinnia and how she ties into the Team Flare arc similar to how the Mega Evolution specials showed how Alain tied into the entire X/Y story. I feel like after the Team Flare finale arc, that's when the X/Y series will end.

The potential Delia interaction definitely sounds like a really great and funny idea. I'd probably get a really good laugh out of that, and I'm sure it'd be up there for one of the funniest Amourshipping moments if it happened. If Serena confesses before that Diantha battle though and Ash reciprocates the feelings, then I think this humorous scene won't happen (I mean, Serena almost confessed her feelings during her argument with Ash in the latest episode).

And man, the Diantha battle definitely would have such an amazing conclusion to the X/Y saga just thinking about how powerful the scene would be with everyone from Kalos watching it and seeing how Ash converses during that entire scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom