• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*religion talk*
In the Netherlands, we have a law. You can have any religion you damn well please, as long as you don't break any laws, i.e. don't riot about gays, treat women with respect, blahblahblah. I don't give a damn what religion someone has, only care about if you're an asshole or not

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder how many have actually been playing Smash lately...

I'm feeling like my Cloud and ZSS are slipping....Link and Samus are easily my best two based on the recent success I've been having with them compared to the other two who I have struggled using consistently...

Had some pretty decent runs with Samus as well losing only once or twice compared to around 10 wins respectively...
Nowadays, I just play around with the hacks that I've made for Smash Wii U. This is especially true for my attribute edits, since even though I'm not able to hack movesets, I can always change the attributes for each fighter. One of the changes included buffing Rosalina's air speed and weight, but I did get a lot of criticism for it.

i love how people cant see previous pokemon getting evos because of mega evolution...but sylveon exists
You need to remember that Eevee could already evolve multiple ways before Sylveon existed.

True, but the argument people give for that is:

"Pfft eevee is just special and a mascot, no one else will get past evos."

Which I think is kind of bull, I don't see that stopping any other mons from getting evos or pre evos.
The only problem is the existence of the Eviolite item, which "only" works on Pokemon who can evolve. For consistency reasons, any Pokemon who can't use the Eviolite will likely have to wish for a mega evolution.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
For a while now, I've been taking a lengthy break from playing Sm4sh. FG was what I did 97% of the time. I played it over and over, more than I really should have been, but it all just ended up to tons of salty losses. No matter how many times I played, I wasn't getting any better.

The thing I hate most is when someone good beats me hard, then leaves after the first match, leaving me with salt which I'll probably never be able to resolve. You've finally found somebody good you can practice with, and they're quick to abandon you. Although, I fully understand why they do that. It makes me wish there was some sort of system where you could try to leave once after every battle, and your opponent had the option to reject one of your attempts. Typically, I try to give my opponent at least two fights, regardless of how bad they are.

My loss rate (two thousand something) is twice as high as my win rate. I ultimately decided that it was time to rest. I had to throw the game in the back of my closet so I wouldn't be tempted to play it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I gave up on Smash online play because the online infrastructure is terrible.

I lost interest in going to a tournament because I have nobody to practice with and I probably won't enjoy it because the community is cancerous, especially if you're a Rosalina main. Or a Sonic main, and those are my top two. Plus I would have to go out of my way to compete and splurge money on it.

I lost interest in completing all of the challenges because the final challenge I have to complete, which is collecting all of the custom moves, is horse ****. It's just grinding that never gives you anything and it isn't fun or engaging in any way.

I gave up on training my amiibo because nobody is ever gonna fight them or care to see what they're like anyway.

Smash 4 is a game that I honestly feel focused too much on hype and spectacle. It's great we have so many amazing characters to play as, but there is nothing to do with them unless you have access to a good tournament scene or you at least have a few friends who like playing every so often. Like Pokken Tournament or Street Fighter V, the amount of people who can get long term mileage out of the game is far too niche, and I feel this has been becoming more and more of a problem with modern fighting games.

I hope Tekken 7 doesn't have this problem.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
FG is not very good. Anther's Ladder is much better to play online since you have communication with the player you are going against or play with the players in your local scene. I prefer offline for Smash 4 since there is no lag.

D

Deleted member

This is why I shouldn't go to sleep after making a post
Since it seems I was slightly misunderstood, I just want to clarify that I was talking about that movie, not about religion or anything
As I said before, there's a difference between making a religious movie and then there's just being offensive like it was
I'm sorry if it was somehow interpreted the wrong way

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
FG is not very good. Anther's Ladder is much better to play online since you have communication with the player you are going against or play with the players in your local scene. I prefer offline for Smash 4 since there is no lag.
From my experience, I've had less trouble with doing online races in Mario Kart 8, since lag does not affect your controls. In Smash Wii U, however, the input delays can be quite atrocious, which caused me to end my Smash Wii U online sessions prematurely.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I never really played Anther's myself, but from what I've seen it's pretty toxic. I mean, yeah, For Glory's just about the same, what with the username changes and stuff, but For Glory honestly just seems a little bit more accessible. Sure you can get a lot better-quality matches on Anther's, but it's not easy to just quickly jump into a match with it. So both seem to have their own pros and cons.

Either way, even if you play with your own friends, you can't avoid toxicity.
(Smash seriously almost ruined one of my friendships because I kept winning against my friend. I beat him so much he burst into tears and quit Smash.
Still feel guilty about what I did...)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never really played Anther's myself, but from what I've seen it's pretty toxic. I mean, yeah, For Glory's just about the same, what with the username changes and stuff, but For Glory honestly just seems a little bit more accessible. Sure you can get a lot better-quality matches on Anther's, but it's not easy to just quickly jump into a match with it. So both seem to have their own pros and cons.

Either way, even if you play with your own friends, you can't avoid toxicity.
(Smash seriously almost ruined one of my friendships because I kept winning against my friend. I beat him so much he burst into tears and quit Smash.
Still feel guilty about what I did...)
Never feel guilty for being good at something. Your friend just acted like a sore loser, from what you're saying. Sure, there could be more to it, but that's what it seems like.

>watching yet another commercial
>This time for direcTV
>the sctick is that you can "turn back time" to watch shows you missed
>also goes back to change their lunch to spicy food

>"and you have the power to rethink that second child"
>the kid drawing on the wall just ****ing vanishes and everyone smiles

Looks like im done with commercials forever

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
>"and you have the power to rethink that second child"
>the kid drawing on the wall just ****ing vanishes and everyone smiles
See, it's funny because screw the life of another human being.
You inconsiderate *******.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
If Fire Emblem Fates were to have an Assist Trophy character in the next Smash game, who would it be, according to you?

I'm torn between Felicia, Azura and Camilla.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If Fire Emblem Fates were to have an Assist Trophy character in the next Smash game, who would it be, according to you?

Rinkah obviously.

She can tank attacks for you and say "SO MUCH WORK!" when she does. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend

Arthur. He goes around hitting players on the field, but as long as he's on the field, he and the players consistently trip, get buried, get hit by random Bo-ombs, mines and Deku Nuts popping out of nowhere, get frozen solid and shields sometimes break after one hit while all capsules and boxes either have nothing or explode, sometimes exploding before being thrown. Pokeballs also almost have nothing but Goldeens and Electrodes, but in the case that the player does summon other than them, that Pokemon will also hurt the summoner as well. Also, you can't grab the edge sometimes.

For a serious answer, Kaze, Kana or Shigure.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I had an idea I came up with that I just remembered.

With the fact that I only ever seem to see people say negative things about any of the video games I like anymore, I feel like I want to sort out the complaints and find solutions to everything since I'm tired of seeing people upset and unhappy about everything constantly.

In this case, I thought about the complaint "There's too many Pokemon!," which on it's face I can't agree with. There's no solution to that aside from cutting far more Pokemon than they add each generation, and I feel horrified at the idea of erasing Pokemon from existence, even Pokemon that few people like (Although rest assured, in order to not make it "too many Pokemon," they'd be cutting WAY more than just the ones you don't personally like. Maybe even most or all of your favorites. . .)

However, when it comes to one particular aspect of the complaint that's been ferreted out, I think I have an idea to make things slightly easier- if you can fork over the cash.

Basically it's like this:

Whatever game you're playing provides an in-game terminal that allows you to access the Pokemon Box server without ever turning off your Pokemon title. From there, in addition to the transfer options there is also a "Sync Pokedex" option to select. Press that, and you can register every Pokemon you have stored in Pokemon Box to your in-game Pokedex without having to go to the trouble of shuffling everything in and out of your in-game box system.

I mean, it makes you pay a fee for it and it doesn't help people who don't already have their Pokemon Box set up, but for people who are willing to use and maintain the service I think that might help, right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A filler season/arc with Zinnia could happen, but I was thinking that much of Zinnia's backstory would take place during the Team Flare finale arc. Maybe, they could release a few specials either during or before it dedicated to Zinnia and how she ties into the Team Flare arc similar to how the Mega Evolution specials showed how Alain tied into the entire X/Y story. I feel like after the Team Flare finale arc, that's when the X/Y series will end.

The potential Delia interaction definitely sounds like a really great and funny idea. I'd probably get a really good laugh out of that, and I'm sure it'd be up there for one of the funniest Amourshipping moments if it happened. If Serena confesses before that Diantha battle though and Ash reciprocates the feelings, then I think this humorous scene won't happen (I mean, Serena almost confessed her feelings during her argument with Ash in the latest episode).

And man, the Diantha battle definitely would have such an amazing conclusion to the X/Y saga just thinking about how powerful the scene would be with everyone from Kalos watching it and seeing how Ash converses during that entire scene.
Yeah it could make more sense to bring Zinnia in here. She wouldn't have as much build up though. Which wouldn't be bad, but it be nice anyway. And yeah the Delia interaction would be so good. I don't think Serena will confess, but I could see them end it with Ash heavily realizing it, without saying anything. And the Dianthia battle would definitely be hype and powerful.

I also saw another cool idea. The flare arc ends with the stadium destroyed and as a reward, Dianthia gives Ash a non official league battle in the ruins at Dawn. It comes down to Ash Greninja vs Mega gardevoir. The narrator speaks about the journey, bonds and what it means to be a pokemon master, as shadow ball and the giant shuriken collide creating a big explosion. NExt scene is Ash and them leaving the stadium. Victory is never known as the journey continues.

That would actually be so hype for me, and could work really well.

Ivander

Smash Legend
A case of not even having to debunk them. The art style debunks themselves
I know that. I even mentioned that. But I was just asking how people feel about the designs, not on whether they are real or not. It'll still be a while before we get official evolutions, but nothing wrong about commenting on people's hopes for the evolutions.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Did the site die for you guys, because I got nothing but errors on my side

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think they should just add a separate iten like Pokeballs since there are so many characters, I'd love a Resce staff to work like this
Answering your qyestion:
Rally Man from Conquest Chapter 23, he Rallies and buffs all the stats of the summoner and allies in Team Battles
Leo because tree magic is cool as ****
Iago, he summons Faceless to attack you because he doesn't care in which side you're on
Xander, with his horse and everything, perfect when used on the FD version of Luigi's Mansion
Counter Archers and Counter+Countermagic Lancers
Ryoma, waits 20 seconds before actually doing anything, can be defeated during that time but after it passes he OHKOes all opponents
Felicia, makes everyone constantly trip
Azura, makes a giant plothole in the middle of the stage
Boots, he boosts your speed in exchange for his life
Fuga, summons a strong wind that takes up the entire stage and cannog be avoided
Kotaro, summons Grisly Wound+Poison Strike Ninjas to **** your opponents

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just learned that anyone who missed out on Gamestop Mew can have a second chance by signing up for Pokemon Trainer Club on the official site. Good news for me, since I missed it. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wow, a new report found that woman are actually the majority in online harassment against other woman and not men

And feminists are fighting it saying stuff like "The majority of woman accounts MUST be men pretending to be woman" and stuff like that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Only after seeing a Doctor Strange post on the Pokemon subreddit did I realize this...a ton of the beings Strange invokes in his spells could easily sound like Pokemon to those who aren't in the know.

Hoggoth, Raggadorr, Faltine, Cyttorak, Munnopor, Wattomb, and Agomotto could all be reasonably mistaken for Pokemon. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only after seeing a Doctor Strange post on the Pokemon subreddit did I realize this...a ton of the beings Strange invokes in his spells could easily sound like Pokemon to those who aren't in the know.

Hoggoth, Raggadorr, Faltine, Cyttorak, Munnopor, Wattomb, and Agomotto could all be reasonably mistaken for Pokemon. :p
I dunno, sounds more like Elder Godmon

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, only for more days until dat Pogeymanz news.

I do have a feeling that the Gen II & IV starters are next in line for Mega Evolutions.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Anthers takes a while to set up matches. I like it but I wish it could be as convenient as FG.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Fire Emblem Fates Anthology comics are really entertaining. I stumbled upon Birthright Chapter 5, and I absolutely loved it because it parodied Hinata and Oboro's Supports, and the result was pretty funny (not to mention they are my favorite retainer duo). Takumi being dressed with glasses and a Nohrian crown was simply too good to pass up. I had to make it my new avatar for the time being!

The Conquest one that parodies Niles and Nyx's supports were also quite funny; you really see the consequences of that silence spell Nyx castes.

They released the Revelation Anthology just recently, so we don't have a translation for the chapters in that one yet though.

For me, it'd be:
  • Takumi: Readies his Fujin Yumi before a critical just like in Fates and says one of his critical quotes (any one of them will do because they are all great). He fires his bow, and it one shots characters similar to Suicune's Aurora Beam or Deoxys' Hyper Beam. Just like the Aurora Beam and Hyper Beam, the attack is very brief.
  • Hinoka: Uses the power of Drago'sn Vein to suddenly make everyone floaty (references Conquest Chapter 24 when she uses the Dragon Vein to increase the mobility of all flying units); she then flies around at a fast speed and attacks foes with her Silver Nageyari. She will throw the spear as her finishing attack, referencing how the weapon is ranged.
  • Oboro: Says "You are SO last season" and proceeds to attack the opponent Spear Master style. Her attacks can combo, and sometimes any of the hits will do more damage than normal to reference the Rend Heaven skill.
  • Kagero and Saizo dual team: Either one of them will appear and will say "You've breathed your last." He/she then vanishes and the next thing that happens is that Kagero/Saizo quickly slash diagonally from one end of the screen followed by the other ninja slashing diagonally from the opposite direction. Would look very similar to Latios and Latias's dual attack in Smash Bros and less like that Kat and Anna Assist Trophy.
  • Azama: Uses a Hexing Rod on a nearby foe, causing the foe to suddenly experience a 50% damage increase (references how the the staff halves the foes's HP in the Fire Emblem games). It sometimes has a chance of missing just like in the games.
  • Kaden: Turns into his Kitsune form and says "Let's play" when summoned and proceeds to run back and forth across the stage. You can hop on his back and ride him similar to Gogoat, and he will bite foes along the way. Sometimes he will throw you off if he reaches the end of a stage by throwing his back forward (he's pretty flexible), or he can sometimes roll into a ball and crash into foes similar to how he attacks for his criticals in the games. If you're on him when that happens, you'll just jump off.
  • Leo: Readies his Brynhildr just like his cutscene in Birthright and says "I will erase you." Trees then sprout from the ground similar to Mr. Wright, or you could go with the much cooler version where the rocks suddenly surround him and can eventually form into a large tornado roughly the same size as Entei's attack in Smash; foes caught in it will rack up damage very quickly and have a high chance of being KOd if they reach high percents. Again, the rock floating around is a reference to Leo's cutscene; he even says Brynhildr is supposed to cast a gravity-like spell.
  • Camilla: Says "You've been naughty" and flies into the background with her wyvern. She then uses Ragnarock to create three massive explosions on the stage similar to the dragon statue in the Kalos Pokemon League stage, but a bit bigger with each explosion having slightly wider range.
  • Peri: Charges at foes like the homicidal lover she is and attacks in a playful and childish fashion, referencing her personality. Each time she lands a hit, she says "THWACK"; similar to how she used death blows against any servant who did anything wrong to her.
  • Niles: Readies his bow and says "Here's a taste." He jumps and fires own arrow, then another while cartwheeling in the air, and then a final but much stronger arrow before landing. He can also steal projectiles coming at him, and the projectiles get cancelled away similar to Rosalina's Gravitational Pull. This would reference Niles' thief capabilities.
  • Charlotte: Opens with a taunt that looks just like her victory animation from the games. Her expression suddenly changes as her personality changes into her true self. She grabs the axe from behind her back and gets ready for to lunge. She says one of her critical quotes beforehand (any of them will do because they are all great) and lands a really powerful attack on whoever she hits. She can do this twice. The attack ends with her throwing the axe aside (another way foes can be damaged) as she returns into her "nice" self and strikes a pose before vanishing.
  • Keaton: Turns into his Wolfskin form and says "Hunting party" when summoned and proceeds to attack foes just like he does in the games. Large brutal punches and scratches and using that one "upward bite" as a combo finisher.
Yeah it could make more sense to bring Zinnia in here. She wouldn't have as much build up though. Which wouldn't be bad, but it be nice anyway. And yeah the Delia interaction would be so good. I don't think Serena will confess, but I could see them end it with Ash heavily realizing it, without saying anything. And the Dianthia battle would definitely be hype and powerful.

I also saw another cool idea. The flare arc ends with the stadium destroyed and as a reward, Dianthia gives Ash a non official league battle in the ruins at Dawn. It comes down to Ash Greninja vs Mega gardevoir. The narrator speaks about the journey, bonds and what it means to be a pokemon master, as shadow ball and the giant shuriken collide creating a big explosion. NExt scene is Ash and them leaving the stadium. Victory is never known as the journey continues.

That would actually be so hype for me, and could work really well.
If Serena doesn't confess by the end of the Kalos saga, then I guess that makes for another good reason why she could travel to Alola with Ash: she could confess her feelings by the end of the Sun and Moon saga there.

And having the narrator describe the journey like that during the scene would definitely add to the emotion of the battle in a really good way, not to mention that avoiding any detail about who was the victor could definitely make for a great way to tell viewers "You decide who won that battle," leaving it up to the viewers' interpretation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom