• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

why would you every try to make an unfunny joke....like what do you gain from making jokes that arnt funny...other than awkward silences
That's a good question...
((I probably shouldn't have posted it at the first place))

D

Deleted member

Because the characters either havn't been worked on or have not been finished yet. It is best to keep them out until they are ready to be put in because mixing them all together makes the mod a highly unorganized mess.

I'm going to try and make sense of it for you. Let's say you take an order at a resuraunt for three people. All ordered drinks, appetizers, a meal, and dessert. You bring the appetizers first once they're all finished, then the meals once they're all finished, then finally the desserts once they're all finished. You don't just throw food at them the instant its finished, you try and bring them all what they ordered one wave at a time.

Now the modder's character order is Project M's roster first, followed by the rest of Smash 4's roster. Drinks may be easy to make characters, like what we see now. Appetizers may be hard to implement characters, like Wolf and Snake. The meal would be easy to modify Smash 4 characters, say maybe Shulk and Palutena because they already have an idea of what they want to do with them. Lastly, dessert would be the rest of the cast along with possible new characters entirely.
Food is gone after you eat it so you want it at the best possible condition
The characters will still be there afte I play with them so there's no reason to not have them already
The food comparison actually works better with the character's development progress, the drinks come in first being the base state of the character and then the appetizers when they make some changes and the meal is when they're finally finished

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't see why it matters that its first when you'd probably complain about it anyway if it were listed anywhere else :dazwa:
Yeah but let's be honest here, the CSS didn't even look as bad compared to that.

Characters are strayed away from each other when they are usually based on the franchises they are from, in all some weird order and it seems so limited that the roster inst even the full 57 but the easy ones to use and not even the rest of the original 12.

At this point, I want mods to be original instead of "BE MORE LIKE MELEE"

I like the game to be fun but copying an old mod isn't original or doesn't do anything unique but "Make Fox and Falco the same same again"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah but let's be honest here, the CSS didn't even look as bad compared to that.

Characters are strayed away from each other when they are usually based on the franchises they are from, in all some weird order and it seems so limited that the roster inst even the full 57 but the easy ones to use and not even the rest of the original 12.

At this point, I want mods to be original instead of "BE MORE LIKE MELEE"

I like the game to be fun but copying an old mod isn't original or doesn't do anything unique but "Make Fox and Falco the same same again"
#MakeFoxGreatAgain2016

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People are complaining about a 'fan-made' mod that is probably going to end up being free to play once its ready? Seriously guys....

In other news, playing Metroid II right now....I think I'm already lost...lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People are complaining about a 'fan-made' mod that is probably going to end up being free to play once its ready? Seriously guys....

I don't really mind but I love Smash modding but I hate how it's literally just "PM PM PM PN PM Falco's shine and DAir PM PM PM"

Just like some original mods here

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It's actually pretty linear, it just seems like it's large and open. The most it has is some backtracking

Just keep going and you'll eventually find metroids to kill.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rinkah finally became a Level 15 Master Ninja.

Now the real fun begins. She'll be doing a bunch of Class changes now to get a ton of skills.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sigh, just when I thought today would be a good day. It really pains me to hear that one of our fellow Daisy speculators is exiled from home by his own parent for bad grades of all things. And no, this is NOT a certain someone who's name should not be spoken. But a more laid back and great user under the name of Thatkidwiththeafro. Sure most of you may not know him as much as we do, but he's a pretty active user who usually talk with us on both Daisy threads (old and the new). This is arguably JamesDNaux all over again, except he can't live in his home anymore because of something petty like grades. Parents of today's generation suck so much **** in the wrong ways instead of being a responsible guardian like they should. I hope he has good luck finding himself a new place to live while tackling more jobs to keep himself afloat. Why do the good users always have to suffer? :(

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sigh, just when I thought today would be a good day. It really pains me to hear that one of our fellow Daisy speculators is exiled from home by his own parent for bad grades of all things. And no, this is NOT a certain someone who's name should not be spoken. But a more laid back and great user under the name of Thatkidwiththeafro. Sure most of you may not know him as much as we do, but he's a pretty active user who usually talk with us on both Daisy threads (old and the new). This is arguably JamesDNaux all over again, except he can't live in his home anymore because of something petty like grades. Parents of today's generation suck so much **** in the wrong ways instead of being a responsible guardian like they should. I hope he has good luck finding himself a new place to live while tackling more jobs to keep himself afloat. Why do the good users always have to suffer? :(
:c Wait, what? Seriously...? That's terrible...I honestly felt shocked when reading this. I wish him the best of luck finding where to reside and that he also finds an stable job.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It really pains me to say that it sucks another one of my friends have to suffer the "house banishment" treatment thats one thing extremist parents do to their own children today. Hell, this isn't the first time something happened. One guy I knew as a high school freshmen was having a hard time with his grades only to be kicked out within two years. The last I've heard of him is that his parents exiled him for his terrible grades and no one ever seen or talked with him again. At least not like Chance the Rapper who made a big name of himself with his music after getting expelled.

Afro is a good user and it hurts seeing this happen with him. Like I've said with James, I wish him the best of luck trying to live on his own with nowhere else to go or other relatives to help. As a reminder to you all, please do not think about tagging him since he's in the middle of having a stealthy escape to start job hunting before his mother sends him away. May the force be with him.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That absolutely sucks, I hope your friend will find a way to recover from this.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Ohhhhh no... :urg:

I hope he finds a way to cope or make up with his parent...
I hear that they have safe houses for this kind of stuff, actually.
Not sure if they have them in whatever country he lives in, but maybe he could go there?
Just an idea, at the very least...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yikes! That's really sad to hear. A punishment like that is simply awful. I really hope he finds a new place to live and a stable job for income soon.:(

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ohhhhh no... :urg:

I hope he finds a way to cope or make up with his parent...
I hear that they have safe houses for this kind of stuff, actually.
Not sure if they have them in whatever country he lives in, but maybe he could go there?
Just an idea, at the very least...
He does seem to be online, so I can probably speak with him about the safe houses. He lives in Denver, so whether or not they have these type of living spaces is unclear. That's at least an option while he's saving up for a dorm space.

Thank you for at least giving some helpful advice he can have.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
He does seem to be online, so I can probably speak with him about the safe houses. He lives in Denver, so whether or not they have these type of living spaces is unclear. That's at least an option while he's saving up for a dorm space.

Thank you for at least giving some helpful advice he can have.
Yeah, we had a thing about it at our school.
The program was called Safe Place, but I'm not sure if it's outside of America or not: http://nationalsafeplace.org
Hopefully he finds some way to not be out of luck out there if this doesn't apply to where he lives.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The arcade version of Pokkén Tournament got an update. It included a Support Pokémon set and Support Focused Cheer Skill that was originally Wii U exclusive but also included new avatar outfits and titles like a Jersey Set of track suits.

DLC soon?

@epicmartin7 since i'm home from college and junk I kind of want to start modding my 3DS.

It seems like you happen to be the modding guru around here so I was hoping you knew of some kind of "Everything you need to know" post lying around. :p

PS Anyway to change the 3ds's home screen music? If I could change it Viridi's menu theme, I would do it ASAP

Linking it because Kid Icarus

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
For the whole day today, Cartoon Network has been marathoning nothing but Teen Titans Go and the Powerpuff Girls reboot.

Wake me up from this nightmare.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As we know, Sun & Moon will be the first core Pokémon games to ever have an official Chinese translation.

Unfortunately, the games haven't come out yet and many people in Hong Kong are already ticked off at Nintendo to the point of boycotting, protesting, and petitions.

The reason? Nintendo has renamed lots of Pokémon names (most specifically major mascot :4pikachu:) to match the Mandarin translation rather than Hong Kong's Cantonese translation.

Uh oh! :(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm glad that we have some sun and Moon info coming in just 3 days! Hope it's something good!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For the whole day today, Cartoon Network has been marathoning nothing but Teen Titans Go and the Powerpuff Girls reboot.

Wake me up from this nightmare.

Good thing I'm doing something productive by playing Street Fighter V instead. Thanks for the warning about those two mistakes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As we know, Sun & Moon will be the first core Pokémon games to ever have an official Chinese translation.

Unfortunately, the games haven't come out yet and many people in Hong Kong are already ticked off at Nintendo to the point of boycotting, protesting, and petitions.

The reason? Nintendo has renamed lots of Pokémon names (most specifically major mascot :4pikachu:) to match the Mandarin translation rather than Hong Kong's Cantonese translation.

Uh oh! :(
You would think they would make one Mandarin translation and another in Cantonese, but knowing the Chinese government...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Good thing I'm doing something productive by playing Street Fighter V instead. Thanks for the warning about those two mistakes.
Oh god, WHY? This mad me laugh harder than Mr. Enter's bashing of Kirby Right Back at Ya's intro (along with the accompanied salt of Kirby fans).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh god, WHY? This mad me laugh harder than Mr. Enter's bashing of Kirby Right Back at Ya's intro (along with the accompanied salt of Kirby fans).
Oh my, I definitely got to see it for myself. 4Kids Tv's openings were always indefensible, but God Rainbow Serpent forbid anyone from hating the best intro for a Nintendo anime.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
something petty like grades
Now this requires further explanation.

If my kid was in college or high school and simply wasn't doing school work, I'd kick him out too. I'm paying money to make sure he has the best chance possible and he isn't doing it. I'd show him what life is like without the safety net.

Now if my kid was honestly working hard and trying his best, then yeah, I'd never kick him out.

I'd need more information before I can start hating on his parents.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Excuse me?
How can anyone bash the masterpiece known as the Pirate Rap?
I thought it was well known and straight up accepted that the only good 4kidz opening was the Pokemon openings, cause let's be honest most other 4Kidz openings sucked.

Especially the Pirate rap, everyone should know that the Japanese openings of One Piece are 10 times superior to the stupid rap.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now this requires further explanation.

If my kid was in college or high school and simply wasn't doing school work, I'd kick him out too. I'm paying money to make sure he has the best chance possible and he isn't doing it. I'd show him what life is like without the safety net.

Now if my kid was honestly working hard and trying his best, then yeah, I'd never kick him out.

I'd need more information before I can start hating on his parents.
The way Afro explained it was pretty vague, but the mother didn't like how his report card turned out. Both the mother and older sister accused him as something he never did (drugs) when talking about how hard they fell. He's a guy who has a job and gets payed for writing commissions for his DeviantArt fans in addition to the education he receives. I'm not really sure whether or not his grades were previously good before the incident.

The best thing to really do is bring @Thatkidwiththeafro over here if you want more context. But that's assuming if he isn't busy right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ Xander is ****ing boss when you reclass him to Hero. High Strength, High Skill, High Speed, and with Sol, Siegfried, Brave Sword and Killer Edge...
Lodestar Xander though, he gets Speedtaker and Dancing Blade, it helps his Spd a lot and takes out his Beast weakness, literally the only thing that can tank the last room in Chapter 26 with all those Hammers and Beast Slayers

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So do Americans just not grasp the concept of "Ohana means family, Family means nobody gets left behind", or what?

Because I've heard of various cases like this on this site, and it's disturbing. I hope for the best for your friend.

I'm not the closest with my family and I do have to pay my way a bit, but I don't think they'd ever kick me out like that even if I couldn't pay for things. Then again, my mother borrows hundreds of euro off me quite regularly despite the fact I'm unemployed at the moment, so it's not like she'd be in a good position if she did kick me out anyway. It would look incredibly bad.

A little rough around the edges but I'm liking how this looks.
If they can just figure out how to make him smaller while also making his hitboxes match that, and maybe giving him a few variances to make him like a clone, this would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom