• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ash from GameXplain brought up the idea of a Pikmin mobile game in the style of Pokémon Go on their podcast. You pluck Pikmin and you go to certain places to get spaceship parts.

Nintendo, take notes.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Those are all really small "well she has to have SOMETHING" flaws though.

Especially the light and tall bits because if you're getting hit well then you're playing wrong. Like what, how would they make her "inconsistent"? If you're getting hit because of those factors alone, I have to really question your skill not just as a Rosalina player, but as a Smash player in general.

It's way less than pretty much all of the characters he put above her (especially when you consider the match-ups those characters have against her, like Diddy), and they should only really matter at a lower level of play.

Unfortunately, Rosalina doesn't have a true high level of play because our "best" player is meh and is carried by her and occasionally Olimar, a player that might actually be able to do things with her is limited by factors relating to reality, and everyone else doesn't want to play as characters that aren't "punchy-punchy bang-bang" and "swishy-swishy slash-slash".
eh, personally I don't think she's better than #5. I'm a Rosa main, not that level ofc but still.

Agreed with last para. I don't find watching her play boring.
Ash from GameXplain brought up the idea of a Pikmin mobile game in the style of Pokémon Go on their podcast. You pluck Pikmin and you go to certain places to get spaceship parts.

Nintendo, take notes.
I'd like to grow my own Pikmin Village...
Not sure if I would be interested in a Pikmin Go.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
eh, personally I don't think she's better than #5. I'm a Rosa main, not that level ofc but still.
You might have had a decent argument for that before recent patches (even then, she was always #3 in actual tier lists), but with pretty much every other major competitor she used to have being nerfed so heavily (and most of those characters weren't direct threats or anything to begin with), there is no reason she should be below #2.

Or rather, there is no excuse for Dabuz to blame his own inconsistency on the character (and if he keeps up, Rosalina will fall on the tier list because nobody else is there to pick up slack for him). He has the tools, but he doesn't actually use a lot of them.

He is also just inconsistent in general. Like, he's not as finely trained as other big players in the scene, on a fundamental level.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Nintendo, take notes.
I had an idea for a game where you walk around looking for swarms of various Nintendo enemies to kill. Super Smash Bros: the RPG: the AR game, basically.

Like, let's say you go into the woods and fight a bunch of Bunnits and Chuchus.

Then you walk into town and realize the Underworld Army is invading. Stuff like that.

Come to think of it, fighting enemies could award you with Coins that you could use to buy Trophies and Equipment. Or you could just buy the Coins using microtransactions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Simpsons did a joke about Pokémon GO and it's the first time I've laughed at something in the Simpsons in a good while.

Burruni

Smash Hero
In other news.
Persona 5.

FUTABA IS SMALL.
Friend did some estimation off the protag's height (175cm/5'9") with pixel height of about 270.
Futaba bein about 215 pixels translated to...
140cm, 4'7".

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Yeah because barely anyone besides him represents the character. Hence there is barely such a thing as a Rosalina meta, it's a Dabuz meta. Falln is a great Rosalina but doesn't have the means to attend tournaments as much (same reason I myself never entered tournaments to represent the character, not that you guys would notice because lol what's an Ireland).

And don't make assumptions about people having hate boners just because you don't have a real argument to make. If you have nothing substantial to say, don't say anything at all. I don't hate Dabuz at all, I just think he isn't as good as people make him out to be, and I think he's harmed the Rosalina meta as the vast majority of other Rosalina players completely lick his backside. I myself praise him where it's due but I don't think it's that often. And in general, I just kinda don't like how he's the sole representative of the character at top level because he will never use her to her full potential.

And I'm not making assumptions there, I've been in Skype groups, Discords, and taken part in forum discussions both with Dabuz himself and with his fans.
Whoa, I just realized you're sonicbrawler.

Chrono.

Man, so much stuff I saw people being all "SPREAD THIS LIKE WILDFIRE" about is false lmfao. Thought so.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Is this like the first game where Mario is top tier? He usually sinks somewhere in the middle of the tier list so i'm suprised to see him make the jump.

Also disappointed that the Doc is far away from his originator seeing as Doc is better than Mario in Melee.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Simpsons did a joke about Pokémon GO and it's the first time I've laughed at something in the Simpsons in a good while.
Homer got like 10 Pokémon in one spot in that clip.
I wish Pokémon Go was that easy.
I had an idea for a game where you walk around looking for swarms of various Nintendo enemies to kill. Super Smash Bros: the RPG: the AR game, basically.

Like, let's say you go into the woods and fight a bunch of Bunnits and Chuchus.

Then you walk into town and realize the Underworld Army is invading. Stuff like that.

Come to think of it, fighting enemies could award you with Coins that you could use to buy Trophies and Equipment. Or you could just buy the Coins using microtransactions.
That reminds me a bit of the AR shooter game on the 3DS.
Seeing that remade with an app and actual Nintendo enemies would be interesting.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Is this like the first game where Mario is top tier? He usually sinks somewhere in the middle of the tier list so i'm suprised to see him make the jump.

Also disappointed that the Doc is far away from his originator seeing as Doc is better than Mario in Melee.
Yeah, he's either alright (64, Melee) or awful (Brawl), so it's nice to see Mr. Nintendo finally have a good spot.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Homer got like 10 Pokémon in one spot in that clip.
I wish Pokémon Go was that easy.
The bigger eyebrow raiser was that the game was running fast and efficiently enough for him to get hooked on it like that and catch that many Pokémon.

I wish Pokémon GO was that functional.

He was top tier in 64 before IIRC, but got knocked down.

So technically not the first time.

Hell, he hasn't been officially dubbed top tier for Smash 4 yet anyway.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Mario was considered top tier in Melee one year after game release. He was considered to be the 5th best character, and right below Marth and right above Zelda, Samus, and Luigi. Now he's 15th, right below Ganondorf and right above Young Link. So, he was a top tier at one point, but now is not.

The 2nd Smash 4 tier list may not be official yet, but Mario has a very good chance of being considered top tier when it does release. After that, he'll most likely fall since his game design isn't supposed to have too much depth. Even so, this is definitely the best Mario we have, and he's had better stats, matchups, and results than ever before. So, he'll most likely stay viable at least for a while, unlike his Melee self which fell pretty quickly after a few years of metagame development.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
ZeRo was using Diddy Kong all the way to Loser's Finals at EVO.

The monkey may not be in the mood anymore, but he's no slouch.

I had that moment with someone else before too.

But yes it is me.

View attachment 112550 Lad
Just got on here to see if you were who you are.

Someone beat me to the punch! Nice new name, BTW. Much better than what you had before.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ZeRo was using Diddy Kong all the way to Loser's Finals at EVO.

The monkey may not be in the mood anymore, but he's no slouch.

Just got on here to see if you were who you are.

Someone beat me to the punch! Nice new name, BTW. Much better than what you had before.
"Oh hey this new guy seems cool, think I'll..."

*sees a chain of Rosalina posts*

"....oh it's that little ****..." :p

But nah, I'm trying to phase the old name out because people keep mixing me up for this fake hedgehog. I've even gotten private messages on Discord and stuff because people think I'm him. It's crazy.

Also this name looks a tad more professional, which I think is better for the two articles on Source Gaming.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"Oh hey this new guy seems cool, think I'll..."

*sees a chain of Rosalina posts*

"....oh it's that little ****..." :p

But nah, I'm trying to phase the old name out because people keep mixing me up for this fake hedgehog. I've even gotten private messages on Discord and stuff because people think I'm him. It's crazy.

Also this name looks a tad more professional, which I think is better for the two articles on Source Gaming.
Our reputations proceed us... :laugh:

Likewise, I decided for something more professional. MaskO' didn't cut it, especially now that I edit for SG.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I just saw this "Unpopular Opinion" rant on Tumblr.

I hate how many Fire Emblem characters clogged the roster for Smash 4. They stopped so many other games from even getting a chance. Golden Sun will never see its ending because of it, and the fact is, Isaac and Matthew’s abilities would have lead to an amazing, unique sword fighter moveset. I would personally have loved either Isaac or his son to have represented Golden Sun, but thanks to Fire Emblem, the story of Matthew remains unfinished and always will be.

I personally haven’t and will not ever touch a Fire Emblem game ever since the release of Smash 4 because of this.
What makes this person think another Golden Sun game would have been guaranteed if Isaac had gotten in? It certainly isn't helping Captain Falcon right now.

I'm not saying six FE characters was a good call, but every time I see people assuming that Smash is some genie in a bottle that they can rub and revive any series they want I get a bit triggered. If Fire Emblem never got any newcomers we likely still would have never seen Isaac because Nintendo needs to care about a series in the first place in order to add a character.

And on a brighter note, if enough people voted for him in the Ballot then we might be more likely to see him in 5 than we ever would have been before the FE surge anyway.

It's not an unpopular opinion like this person claims because I've seen it said by people before and I'm pretty sure it's most of the reason why characters in Smash are requested to be cut at all. It's just one that has a basis in absurd salt-based fantasy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

What makes this person think another Golden Sun game would have been guaranteed if Isaac had gotten in? It certainly isn't helping Captain Falcon right now.

I'm not saying six FE characters was a good call, but every time I see people assuming that Smash is some genie in a bottle that they can rub and revive any series they want I get a bit triggered. If Fire Emblem never got any newcomers we likely still would have never seen Isaac because Nintendo needs to care about a series in the first place in order to add a character.

And on a brighter note, if enough people voted for him in the Ballot then we might be more likely to see him in 5 than we ever would have been before the FE surge anyway.

It's not an unpopular opinion like this person claims because I've seen it said by people before and I'm pretty sure it's most of the reason why characters in Smash are requested to be cut at all. It's just one that has a basis in absurd salt-based fantasy.
Yeah, I getcha. Like you said, Falcon says hi. :p

The only sort of situation I think could have come out of this if someone else had gotten in, if ANYTHING, is that maybe having Chorus Kids or another RH character get in may have let us get a physical release for MegaMix, since the property wouldn't be as obscure. That's about it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The saying "Unpopular Opinion" lost it's meaning ages ago.

It's just a buzzword now.
Most of the time "unpopular" opinions are just really absurd and bitter popular opinions that people want to excuse themselves from being called out on anymore, it seems.

This definitely isn't the first time I've looked at something and gone "But EVERYONE is saying that. It's just a really bitter opinion."

A few people objecting doesn't make it unpopular, it's just a sign that it's probably unfair to the people who actually like something.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Those "Unpopular Opinions" are known as "I seriously hate this but I can't handle the backlash"

Be man (or woman) and be proud of your opinions. It's like what my grandfather said "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

Be like me, give zero crap.

Kingdom Hearts is melodramatic garbage
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are awful games
JoJo Part 2 is overrated. 3, 4 & 7 are the best.
Fire Emblem Fates is a mediocre game with awful DLC, story, gameplay decisions and probably will hurt the series in a long run more than Awakening will ever do
Borderlands is an awful video game series with writing done by a lonely 15 year old memelord

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Those "Unpopular Opinions" are known as "I seriously hate this but I can't handle the backlash"

Be man (or woman) and be proud of your opinions. It's like what my grandfather said "Opinions are like ********, everyone has one"

Fire Emblem Fates is a mediocre game with awful DLC, story, gameplay decisions and probably will hurt the series in a long run more than Awakening will ever do
Borderlands is an awful video game series with writing done by a lonely 15 year old memelord
This.

No one needs a majority to confirm their opinion. Get the info, form an idea, and stick by it (or don't). Just because some stranger you'll never meet likes it doesn't make it more or less true.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I will do a best out of five in any sport known to mankind to defend the honor of Battle Tendency.

Then again, I'm still catching up to the anime, so I'm not the most well informed JoJo fan.

D

Deleted member

FE didn't get more games because it got characters in Smash, it was the opposite
It's like a protagonist in a story, the events of the story don't happen because they're the protagonist, that character is the protagonist because these things happened to them

Be man (or woman) and be proud of your opinions. It's like what my grandfather said "Opinions are like ********, everyone has one"

I can agree with the Fates's story complaints but I don't see how the gameplay is any bad
Unless you only played Birthright and Revelation, because Conquest's maps are a masterpiece
Honestly, most people think that part 4 and 7 are indeed the best. (Me included)

Here's how I class them : 4>7>5>2>6>3>1 ( 8 is not included because it's still going, but I would place it between 7 and 5)
Part 2 is my favorite, though 4 is getting a run for its money
I'd say 2>4>3>1 from the ones I've seen, I'll wait until the end to see of 4 gets better than 2
Part 3 is way too long and most of the enemy Stand users could have been cut even though they were all enjoyable fights to watch and as much as I like Polnareff, he takes too much spotlight away from Kakyoin, Iggy and Avdol: Kakyoin gets about 3-4 fights in the entirety of part 3 that he doesn't lose, Iggy gets two and Avdol becomes Polnareff's Morality Pet.
As for Part 1, honestly, I think its main problem is that it's too short and feels too much like it's just an introduction, I also wish the Jonthan and Dio relagionship was more explored

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
FE didn't get more games because it got characters in Smash, it was the opposite
It's like a protagonist in a story, the events of the story don't happen because they're the protagonist, that character is the protagonist because these things happened to them

I can agree with the Fates's story complaints but I don't see how the gameplay is any bad
Unless you only played Birthright and Revelation, because Conquest's maps are a masterpiece

Part 2 is my favorite, though 4 is getting a run for its money
I'd say 2>4>3>1 from the ones I've seen, I'll wait until the end to see of 4 gets better than 2
Part 3 is way too long and most of the enemy Stand users could have been cut even though they were all enjoyable fights to watch and as much as I like Polnareff, he takes too much spotlight away from Kakyoin, Iggy and Avdol: Kakyoin gets about 3-4 fights in the entirety of part 3 that he doesn't lose, Iggy gets two and Avdol becomes Polnareff's Morality Pet.
As for Part 1, honestly, I think its main problem is that it's too short and feels too much like it's just an introduction, I also wish the Jonthan and Dio relagionship was more explored
Gameplay decisions in splitting up content and have drones straight up defend it because it's long as one game but I can't buy all three in one package, adding the children mechanic back and being worst than what Awakening had, Phoenix Mode, the difficulty is schizophrenic like RD and Awakening but it seems much worst in Revelations with the gimmicks and hiding Anna behind a paywall (despite it making perfect sense)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sometimes I just wish people would learn the difference between something that's good/bad, and something they like/dislike.

People have an awful habit of calling things they don't like "awful" and "trash" when the products themselves are actually of an objectively good quality.

Sometimes the other way around too but that's much less common.

There is a difference between subjective tastes and objective merits. You can like something that's bad, and dislike something that's good. And many people do this. Problem is, not many people can fathom when they are liking something bad, disliking something good, or calling something bad because it wasn't exactly to their personal taste.

That was sort of a message I was trying to convey in my Sonic Unleashed article. Like I can totally see reasons why people wouldn't like the game or parts of it anyway (since that seems to be the main issue people take with the game - most people like the daytime stages, just not other stuff), but don't let that cloud your judgement and go around saying those aspects are bad. Because bad and good by definition, are statements of objectivity.

That kind of misuse that is commonplace now, is what leads to true under-rated/over-rated products.

I can't buy all three in one package
Then what's this sitting on one of my desks in my room?

IMAG0370.jpg

D

Deleted member

Gameplay decisions in splitting up content and have drones straight up defend it because it's long as one game but I can't buy all three in one package, adding the children mechanic back and being worst than what Awakening had, Phoenix Mode, the difficulty is schizophrenic like RD and Awakening but it seems much worst in Revelations with the gimmicks and hiding Anna behind a paywall (despite it making perfect sense)
Gameplay wise, it IS as long as one game, I don't agree with the three route split though(especially since it's literally impossible to understand the badly written story with only one game and the one you need the most is DLC no matter what game you buy)
Phoenix Mode is optional and doesn't affect the other difficulties in any way
the difficulty is schizophrenic like RD and Awakening but it seems much worst in Revelations with the gimmicks
I don't know what this complaint is supposed to be tbh

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Are you sure that person wasn't one of my many clones? ;)

Don't agree with his rationale that FE characters means no GS characters but yeah it does suck to not have a rep for GS in the game so I emphasize with the person on that. If anything it would be AW that got the shaft in Brawl in favor of it's sister series and maybe again in Smash 4 but I don't want to start this whole debate thing. Just hopeful that Sakurai/Nintendo will see the potential both GS and AW have and will give these series a chance next time round.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my copy of Miracle of Arumana in the mail today. It's one of the few Konami games to have never been ported to a different system (bar pirates) and is exclusive to the Famicom Disk System. I must say it has a really good OST:

I also got a copy of Adventure Island 4 today as well. :grin:

The 2nd Smash 4 tier list may not be official yet, but Mario has a very good chance of being considered top tier when it does release. After that, he'll most likely fall since his game design isn't supposed to have too much depth. Even so, this is definitely the best Mario we have, and he's had better stats, matchups, and results than ever before. So, he'll most likely stay viable at least for a while, unlike his Melee self which fell pretty quickly after a few years of metagame development.
The tier list is currently being worked on and I can safely say it will be radically different than the first one. Mario is definitely a Top 5 character IMO at least, not that I'm sure the final result will reflect that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Or you can be like me and have opinions that people hate in terms of LOVING things. Unfortunately I still haven't worked on the "not caring" part and I think seeing what I like used as a toilet so often is part of why I have low self esteem, but, uh.

Diamond and Pearl were the games that got me into Pokemon and are the best games I've played in the series so far.
Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates were all perfectly fine and they all have some characters I love, even if Fates did a few questionable things.
Kid Icarus: Uprising and Xenoblade are GotY no matter what you think of their artstyles.
Plenty of modern Sonic games are actually good, and Tails needs to be playable again.
Smash is better for trying to accommodate casuals, even if not every way it goes about it is the best.

Although if I were to have a negative opinion most people would disagree with. . . I think most characters people request for Smash are overrated. Everyone assumes that their character would have been a better choice than the ones we got, but a lot of them literally make Dark Pit look important to the overall history of Nintendo by comparison. And even the ones that don't are still overshadowed heavily by nearly everyone else. The only character I can think of who's importance isn't overstated is Inkling, and even then their fandom is way too horribly bitter about the character not getting in and the character was too new to be added in the base game and too old to be an "in the now" DLC character almost a year after their game released. I wouldn't mind the more obscure requests if people were nice about it, mind you, but some people have angst issues about not getting a bunch of horribly obscure characters and proceed to take out their frustrations on the existing cast and any potential new characters that they don't personally support.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sometimes I just wish people would learn the difference between something that's good/bad, and something they like/dislike.

People have an awful habit of calling things they don't like "awful" and "trash" when the products themselves are actually of an objectively good quality.

Sometimes the other way around too but that's much less common.

There is a difference between subjective tastes and objective merits. You can like something that's bad, and dislike something that's good. And many people do this. Problem is, not many people can fathom when they are liking something bad, disliking something good, or calling something bad because it wasn't exactly to their personal taste.

That was sort of a message I was trying to convey in my Sonic Unleashed article. Like I can totally see reasons why people wouldn't like the game or parts of it anyway (since that seems to be the main issue people take with the game - most people like the daytime stages, just not other stuff), but don't let that cloud your judgement and go around saying those aspects are bad. Because bad and good by definition, are statements of objectivity.

That kind of misuse that is commonplace now, is what leads to true under-rated/over-rated products.

Then what's this sitting on one of my desks in my room?

View attachment 112562
I can't find a copy of that anywhere and Nintendo never reprinted the copies at all

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If playing video games about going fast improves my motor skills, then I really should master M-Speed, D-Speed, and QSS in Sonic Unleashed/Sonic Generations, and do some sick speedruns.

Then I will never crash a car.

I can't find a copy of that anywhere and Nintendo never reprinted the copies at all
That doesn't count as a criticism against the game itself though.

Hard-to-find Nintendo products are nothing new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom