• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Hm. . .

Let's say that somehow or other there actually was a highly extensive single player campaign for Smash 5 or whatever.

Let's say you can pick, hm. . .seven to nine bosses to fight against from various Nintendo/Smash series? Who do you go with?

My first pick might actually be DJ Octavio. Not sure if using a final boss is a bit much, but then after fighting like three or four different skyscraper sized monsters for final bosses in various games I think he's probably equivalent to a lot of the normal bosses in some games, LOL. He's certainly normal boss sized by Sonic and KI:U standards, just with the number of patterns of a final boss infused into him. He was fun as all heck when I went and tackled the Amiibo challenges, though, so he might be interesting in a 2D fight.
Metal Face (Xenoblade)
Valor (Bayonetta)
Nightmare (Metroid)
Twinbellows (Kid Icarus)
Garon (Fire Emblem)
Death Egg Robot (Sonic)
Laambo (Wonderful 101)
Quaggled Mireclops (Pikmin)
Koloktos (Zelda)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So uh, this is a thing.

Made by the same person who made Twitch Plays Melee and VR Duck Hunt, I think.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hm. . .

Let's say that somehow or other there actually was a highly extensive single player campaign for Smash 5 or whatever.

Let's say you can pick, hm. . .seven to nine bosses to fight against from various Nintendo/Smash series? Who do you go with?

My first pick might actually be DJ Octavio. Not sure if using a final boss is a bit much, but then after fighting like three or four different skyscraper sized monsters for final bosses in various games I think he's probably equivalent to a lot of the normal bosses in some games, LOL. He's certainly normal boss sized by Sonic and KI:U standards, just with the number of patterns of a final boss infused into him. He was fun as all heck when I went and tackled the Amiibo challenges, though, so he might be interesting in a 2D fight.
I don't have time right now to go into explanation for my choices, but I'll join in on the fun.

King Boo (Super Mario)
DJ Octavio (Splatoon)
Regigigas (Pokemon)
Koloktos (Zelda)
Queen Sectonia (Kirby)
Ridley (Metroid)
Stoneborn (Fire Emblem)
Mecha Dragon (Megaman)
Gill (Street Fighter)

And the Mecha Specter from Professor Layton and the Last Specter assuming Layton joins the roster for Smash 5.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hm. . .

Motley Bossblob (Super Mario)
Giratina Origin Forme (Pokemon)
Galacta Knight (Kirby)
Ghot (Zelda)
Twinbellows (Kid Icarus)
Egg Dragoon (Sonic)
King (Megaman)
Azazel (Tekken)
Bahamut (Final Fantasy)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
9 bosses?
Queen Sectonia (Kirby)
Popular Kirby boss who keeps reappearing, she seems like she'd fit Smash's formula as a boss well
Zygarde Complete (Pokemon)
Powerful Pokemon that's got loads of potential
Nightmare (Metroid)
Gravity shenanigans and unsettling theme would make a very unique boss
Koloktus (Zelda)
tbh I slapped him on here because of how memorable of a boss he was
Shadow Queen (Mario)
Some love to Paper Mario can't hurt, and SQ would also be a very unique kind of boss
Metal Face (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Great design, loads of material for moves, and can have taunting dialogue
Fortitudo (Bayonetta)
One of the few Bayonetta bosses who's name I can remember. You fight it in both games too!
Egg Emperor (Sonic)
First original Sonic game on Nintendo systems iirc, and an excuse to see this guy again
War Mech/Death Machine (Final Fantasy)
Original superboss in the franchise, either him or Gilgamesh, but I felt like War Mech could be more fitting for Smash

Kraid is the only boss I can really say I care for. The dude needs to come back. In Metroid or smash I don't care

So uh, this is a thing.

Made by the same person who made Twitch Plays Melee and VR Duck Hunt, I think.
Neat!

If it weren't for the fact I suck at melee and have no idea how I would even get this to work it sounds awesome. The easier it is for people to get into melee the better.

Hello Sly Cooper when did you get into smash?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hm. . .

1. DJ Octavio
  2. Blados
  3. Ho-oh
  4. Lord Fredrik
  5. Grima
  6. Majora
  7. Dark Gaia
  8. Galacta Knight OR final boss of Planet Robobot
  9. Giygas

Last edited:
Hm. . .

King Boo
Kerozene
Argorok
Kraid
Queen Sectonia
Zygarde Complete
Hades
DJ Octavio
Dr. Eggman in Death Egg Robot

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hm. . .

Here. we. go.

1. DJ Octavio
2. Tabuu Soul
3. Cackletta/Fawful
4. Ghost of Starman
5. Stoneborn (Fire Emblem)
6.. Heavy Lobster
7. Gohma
8. Medusa
9. King K. Rool ( :troll: )

That trailer made me want to go play Melee. . .

Guess I get to practice against (and lose to) level 9 CPU again.

It would be nice if I had every stage. Hell I just unlocked every character for the very first time a few months ago. . .

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Inafune? More like Hackafune! :troll:

I'll see myself out.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Hm. . .

DJ Octavio
Lord Fredrik
Kraid
King Boo/Petey Piranha/King Bob-omb (one of those)
Zygarde Final Form
Whispy Woods/Dynablade
Andross
Metal Face
Dr Willy

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm hoping next years Assassins Creed will be based on one of these:

• Feudal Japan - self explanatory.
  • Moscow/Russia - either during communist era or when that one Queen made Russia as big and powerful as it looks like on the map now.
  • Italy - again, I know. I like Italy.
  • Poland - why not? :p. Mainly because.... Winged Hussars are the coolest.
  • Ancient Egypt - Pharaohs!!
  • China - too much interesting history. Make it into a trilogy. :p
  • A surprise location/time period I would actually like.
Otherwise, immediately not interested..just like when they revealed Victorian London. Did not care.

Chrono.

• Moscow/Russia - either during communist era or when that one Queen made Russia as big and powerful as it looks like on the map now.
Otherwise, immediately not interested..just like when they revealed Victorian London. Did not care.
They'll make a futuristic AC, which will be highly successful and Ubisoft being Ubisoft will milk it for a couple more years until people get sick of THAT and "go back to their roots" which will be successful and get milked and the cycle keeps going and going and go

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
They'll make a futuristic AC, which will be highly successful and Ubisoft being Ubisoft will milk it for a couple more years until people get sick of THAT and "go back to their roots" which will be successful and get milked and the cycle keeps going and going and go
awwwwww. :(
it might be interested in that

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hm. . .

Stoneface (Fire Emblem)
Fortitudo (Bayonetta)
DJ Octavio (Splatoon)
Telethia (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Thugly (Donkey Kong Country)
Mecha Dragon (Mega Man)
Egg Dragoon (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Koloktos (The Legend of Zelda)
Complete Zygarde (Pokemon)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Pretty sure next year's AC was confirmed to be in Egypt back in January.
They copped out on China and Russia (and India) with the Chronicles games.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Pretty sure next year's AC was confirmed to be in Egypt back in January.
They copped out on China and Russia (and India) with the Chronicles games.
At least the first sentence is good news!
It's good that they are taking thier time and milking the franchise less now.

inb4 they don't choose ancient egypt.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Is it wrong to want Ubisoft to bring back Prince of Persia?

:(

A shame it'll probably never happen.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
At least the first sentence is good news!
It's good that they are taking thier time and milking the franchise less now.

inb4 they don't choose ancient egypt.
They're still milking it tbh. They had the film at E3 this year and that's out in December (though I doubt it'll do well, it's gotta compete with Star Wars). They just don't want another Unity to happen with the games.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
To be honest, if PoP was to return, I'd need to do platforming in a new way. Because parkour + combat is covered by AC.

It doesn't help that with a name like Prince of Persia you're basically locked to one culture/time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest, if PoP was to return, I'd need to do platforming in a new way. Because parkour + combat is covered by AC.

It doesn't help that with a name like Prince of Persia you're basically locked to one culture/time.
Well I don't think that's the case.

They could give him reasons to visit other countries/cultures (Pursuit of conquest? The Prince himself is captured at some point?).

And the entire nature of Prince of Persia is screwing with time so I don't see that being an issue.

Unlocked Final DestinationDestination for the first time. (see attached ) I think I have every legal stage now :D

Also got an idea for an SG article which would be super relevant, although ir might already have been done and even then it isn't too interesting. :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well I don't think that's the case.

They could give him reasons to visit other countries/cultures (Pursuit of conquest? The Prince himself is captured at some point?).

And the entire nature of Prince of Persia is screwing with time so I don't see that being an issue.
Very good point. If GoW can change locals, so can PoP.

I blame Ubisoft then. :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...
Marth? Why Marth. I don't think I've seen him at all in tournaments.
Scratch that. Almost everything about this tierlist is wrong.
You guys missed the Marth play?

Mr. E is a thing you know and he made it very high.

This tier list seems relatively fine from what I can gather.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
>Puts Rosalina in "Great but have flaws making them hard to be consistent with"

Classic Dabuz, trying to blame the character for his own faults. :^)
I know you have a hate boner for Dabuz but that's the general idea throughout the competitive community at this point.

It's not just him.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know you have a hate boner for Dabuz but that's the general idea throughout the competitive community at this point.

It's not just him.
Yeah because barely anyone besides him represents the character. Hence there is barely such a thing as a Rosalina meta, it's a Dabuz meta. Falln is a great Rosalina but doesn't have the means to attend tournaments as much (same reason I myself never entered tournaments to represent the character, not that you guys would notice because lol what's an Ireland).

And don't make assumptions about people having hate boners just because you don't have a real argument to make. If you have nothing substantial to say, don't say anything at all. I don't hate Dabuz at all, I just think he isn't as good as people make him out to be, and I think he's harmed the Rosalina meta as the vast majority of other Rosalina players completely lick his backside. I myself praise him where it's due but I don't think it's that often. And in general, I just kinda don't like how he's the sole representative of the character at top level because he will never use her to her full potential.

And I'm not making assumptions there, I've been in Skype groups, Discords, and taken part in forum discussions both with Dabuz himself and with his fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, after a lifetime and a half I finally got to progress on XCX
Did some sidequests and got a nice uniform for killing 5 babies and their mother, the game was trying to make me feel bad for slaughtering them but I need some good gear to wear
I also finished Chapter 5, which means...
Well, I honestly didn't see that coming
And Lin is all like "well, your arm is fine, I checked it" well maybe it's the shock of finding out I'm a robot
EVERYONE IS A ROBOT
Now the search for the Lifehold has even more stakes at play

Oh cool, there's an entire oppressive federation on thousands of galaxies, what's the big plot twist behind all of this, Monolith?

Well, I'm probably gonna focus on story missions from now on, these sidequests are way too vague

And when do I get in the ****ing mecha?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She's light and tall and has exploitable recovery.
Those are all really small "well she has to have SOMETHING" flaws though.

Especially the light and tall bits because if you're getting hit well then you're playing wrong. Like what, how would they make her "inconsistent"? If you're getting hit because of those factors alone, I have to really question your skill not just as a Rosalina player, but as a Smash player in general.

It's way less than pretty much all of the characters he put above her (especially when you consider the match-ups those characters have against her, like Diddy), and they should only really matter at a lower level of play.

Unfortunately, Rosalina doesn't have a true high level of play because our "best" player is meh and is carried by her and occasionally Olimar, a player that might actually be able to do things with her is limited by factors relating to reality, and everyone else doesn't want to play as characters that aren't "punchy-punchy bang-bang" and "swishy-swishy slash-slash".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom