• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

This is a very relatable Pokemon.

There's decent fan art of it already.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

What the **** is that thing on the right?

Anyway from Serebii's site:
That one on the left has got to be the most boring Pokemon design I have ever seen. It looks like something you'd make in the Build-a-Bear workshop. At least the scribble disguise mon looks inventive once you realise it's a little creature in a bad Pikachu disguise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, that bear is around 7 ft tall.

What the ****.
Well... it is a bear. Puts any hope of it having a cooler evolution to bed though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The bear thing looks like one of those Pokemon you see in fake Corocoro scans lol
I like Ghostchu, though I just like Ghost Pokemon in general
:4pikachu:+:092:=Spooky Thing
Shouldn't it be Shuppet though? It looks like some sort of rag

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
New pokes?

Normal/Fighting bear....meh...I hope it evolves otherwise this bear will likely remain irrelevant...

Ghost/Fairy imitation Pikachu? I actually kinda like this thing, not what I expected from one of my most wanted type cominations but I'll take it...I fully expect it to have a creepy AF rotomdex entry...
I hope this is the first stage in a three stage line...cuz I can't to see what it evolves into (if it evolves at all that is)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

What the **** is that thing on the right?

Anyway from Serebii's site:
Kiteruguma looks pretty dull. Hopefully it gets an evolution.

Mimitsukiyu will take some getting used to. Not a fan of the repeated use of Pikachu for the design, but hey, at least we finally have a Ghost/Fairy-type. I can imagine it's evolution(s) slowly outgrowing the Pikachu veil as we see more of its true form.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like the designers aren't even trying to work with Sugimori's artstyle this generation, and it's kind of jarring. Considering the number of them that look unusual and also have new type combinations, it almost makes me wonder if they had a list of type combinations they just wanted to get out of the way and told their staff to make whatever fit.

Still, having watched Squid Girl. . .is Scribblechu one of those Japanese dolls people hang up to ward off rain or something? That'd at least explain why it looks the way it does.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
.is Scribblechu one of those Japanese dolls people hang up to ward off rain or something? That'd at least explain why it looks the way it does.
It's literally a ghost in a sheet.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's been a long time since something has made me go "WTF am I looking at?" I kind of want to hug the Ghost/Fairy as it looks like an enemy from Mr. Gimmick. :3

Last edited:
When I saw that post I thought

"lol another terrible fake"

. . .then I actually read the post. Da ****.

sheet pokemon is almost ok I guess

i really hope they are saving the best for last or im going to wid up hating this gen's dex.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The Pikachu one is actually called Mimikkyu (play on Mimic?) in Japanese.

Someone goofed and read the ッ as ツ. The small one repeats the next constant, while the other one is pronounced as "tsu".

Anyway...Mimikkyu is the best new Pokemon. I want it to be my starter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Pokemon, it's downright infuriating how many articles on Pokemon Go act like Pokemon was only Gen 1 and has suddenly made a come back. Have they not seen a Nintendo Console in twenty years? God help them when the inevitable Johto update drops and they'll be looking at their phones like "WHAT THE EVERLOVING **** IS THAT THING?!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's literally a ghost in a sheet.
The neck kinda confused me since you never see ghosts in sheets with necks.

And looking into it further apparently Shuppet is what I thought this guy was.

. . .Still think Scribblechu looks closer to that concept than a ghost in a sheet or Shuppet. Just for having a neck.

D

Deleted member

My theory with that Ghost Pikachu-like Pokémon is that said Pokémon was really unpopular so he/she decided to wear a Pikachu Disguise to be more popular with Trainers.

That, or the Ghost is using a Pikachu-like appeareance to fool kids and other trainers (since you know, Ghost Type Pokémon just like messing with humans apparently). Kinda like Mew and Ditto's Transformation or Zoroark's Ilusion, only not as effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
My theory with that Ghost Pikachu-like Pokémon is that said Pokémon was really unpopular so he/she decided to wear a Pikachu Disguise to be more popular with Trainers.

That, or the Ghost is using a Pikachu-like appeareance to fool kids and other trainers (since you know, Ghost Type Pokémon just like messing with humans apparently). Kinda like Mew and Ditto's Transformation or Zoroark's Ilusion, only not as effective.
You are right on the money. It says in the description that it inhabits an old Pikachu toy, and wants to become close with trainers. It goes into disguise to hide from sunlight. It's said that if you look at it's true form you will be cursed though.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You are right on the money. It says in the description that it inhabits an old Pikachu toy, and wants to become close with trainers. It goes into disguise to hide from sunlight. It's said that if you look at it's true form you will be cursed though.
Sounds like it caught the ugly.

And with this, I'm going to head to bed for some beauty sleep. lol

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here are the descriptions for the new Pokémon from Serebii:
Kiteruguma:
People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.
Typing: Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Fluffy and Klutz

Mimikkyu:
Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness.
Typing: Ghost/Fairy
Ability: Disguise

So we have a dreaded teddy bear and a mimic ghost, I'm curious what Disguise does as an ability.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I decided to take a trip into GameStop while I was in town running some errands, hoping to maybe find and buy a Sonic t-shirt for when I go to Summer of Sonic.

I didn't find one, but I found something even better and was like "that's literally mine".

IMAG0391.jpg

Also, I saw a couple walking around with their phones out, and by the way they were constantly looking up and down into their phones and each other's phones and chatting and seeming kind of like they were having fun with something on their phones, I'm fairly certain they were playing Pokemon GO. Despite the fact it hasn't been officially released here yet.

Chrono.

Here are the descriptions for the new Pokémon from Serebii:
Kiteruguma:
People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.
You'd think Ursaring or Pangoro would be the dangerous bears but no.

D

Deleted member

Holy crap i've never been this accuarate with one of my predictions since Roy in Smash 4 as DLC.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Also, I'm curious why Rockruff has three different blurbs across the two pages, they must be really trying to play up that secret it hides.

You'd think Ursaring or Pangoro would be the dangerous bears but no.
Grizzly Bears and Bancho Pandas have nothing on Teddy Bears, those things are evil man.

Don't you remember Teddy Ruxpin?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Pokémon fans constantly complain about newer Pokémon designs not being creative or charming
>Complain about Pika-clones
>Popplio is revealed
>"HE LOOKS STOOPID, GIVE US SOMETHING COOLER THAT APPEALS MORE TO OUR EDGY ANIME SENSIBILITIES"
>Pokémon that's literally a sheet with what looks like a three year old's drawing of Pikachu is revealed
>"This is a super creative design Game Freak, please do more like this!"
>mfw

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I like Sheet Ghost Man. It's adorable and the best. Probably ranking a third on my list next to BugBusMan and Bowtie Owl.

Keep this going Game Freak. You're doing pretty okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom