• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Paging Erureido Erureido and @Frostwraith.

Looks like a three way battle for the serum. So, Armin, or Erwin?
It's going to be a tough decision. On one hand, Armin is the tactician who has the brilliant mind to pull of winning strategies. On the other hand, Erwin is the leader and his job is to lead the Survey Corps.

If I really had to pick, I'd go with Erwin. Erwin has more experience in leading thanks to his age. Meanwhile, Armin still has much to learn, as he can easily become scared in tense situations. Let's also not forgot that Erwin is the one with brains for the entire operation (not to mention he's the one that came up with Long Range Scouting Formation).

On a different note, I also posted some additional thoughts on the chapter a little while back if you're interested.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay can someone explain me this whole SilvaGunner reboot thing? How did the channel evolved from something as simple "putting the Flinstones theme in every song" into this mess?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I agree.

Also having Spider-Gwen from an alternate universe being a thing does not mean she is back from the dead.

Just wait until October when we get the clone conspiracy/dead no more this October then we got the real Gwen Stacy back ;D
OG Doc Ock is comin back as well as a possible new Sinister Six

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I was playing Ingress yesterday to see what locations Pokemon Go would pull from once it launches here. There's enough around me that I should be okay, and I even discovered some small shrines that I never noticed. Got some weird looks for essentially biking 200m, stopping pulling out my phone and then biking for another 200m, etc.

A lot of people were complaining that Pokemon Go is too simple. Having played Ingress for 3 hours yesterday -- I can say the simplicity of Pokemon Go is a good thing. Granted, I've only seen gameplay footage but Pokemon Go is a LOT easier to understand than Ingress. It might be because the mechanics are based on the Pokemon games, though. Even though I leveled up to lvl 3 in Ingress, I feel like I didn't accomplish anything as every portal around me was too high level. I tried taking one of the enemy portals out but I ended up wasting all my weapons.

Chrono.

Simple isn't really a bad thing.

Pokemon GO feels like an example of that. As long as the game keeps updating they should be fine, I think.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I agree.

Also having Spider-Gwen from an alternate universe being a thing does not mean she is back from the dead.

Just wait until October when we get the clone conspiracy/dead no more this October then we got the real Gwen Stacy back ;D
why though.There are just some characters you dont bring back from the dead because they mean so much to the world of comics and our heroes. You dont bring back krypton,you dont bring back martha and thomas wayne, you dont bring back uncle ben and gwen stacey, and as much as i love him bucky should've stayed died

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
why though.There are just some characters you dont bring back from the dead because they mean so much to the world of comics and our heroes. You dont bring back krypton,you dont bring back martha and thomas wayne, you dont bring back uncle ben and gwen stacey, and as much as i love him bucky should've stayed died
Because it's always been that way.
Characters die and come back so often that after their tenth visit from the Grim Reaper they get a free taco. It was like this during the olden days of comic books, and that sure as hell isn't going to change now.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Because it's always been that way.
Characters die and come back so often that after their tenth visit from the Grim Reaper they get a free taco. It was like this during the olden days of comic books, and that sure as hell isn't going to change now.
im aware its always been that way but some characters i feel are just off limits.The main reason peter became spider man was because of uncle ben,bringing him back would just **** on that for me.And gwen is a moment in his career were he realized he cant save anyone which i think having spider-gwen ****s on.Characters like wolverine,cap,superman they can die and return how many times and i wouldnt care but there are just some who dont need to return

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't feel Gwen is on the same league as Ben though. Gwen is alive in a giant amount of adaptions, and that's in the regular universe. She can be alive all she wants. It's really only Ben I feel should not be outside of some alternate universe/alternate timeline. He's the real backbone to the Spider-Man story, and him dying is extremely important to Peter's character. Same thing with Thomas and Martha Wayne. Nobody in the Batman saga needs to be permadead that I can think of that would matter besides Bruce's parents in the grand scheme of things.

Also, that role that Gwen had by dying was replaced with Mary Jane in one of the cartoons. Mary Jane never came back either despite this. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't need to be a specific character, but an event to teach Spider-Man to be more serious. And they don't need to die, just be seriously hurt enough for him to mature.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I don't feel Gwen is on the same league as Ben though.
I read this and my first thought was "Wait when did we switch to Ben 10", cue me reading all posts above trying to check if I missed something.

Then I read the rest of the post.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I read this and my first thought was "Wait when did we switch to Ben 10", cue me reading all posts above trying to check if I missed something.

Then I read the rest of the post.
I thought that too

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
OG Doc Ock is comin back as well as a possible new Sinister Six
This is what I need to happen in Dead No More/ Clone Conspiracy so bad:

Jackal makes a clone of Peter Parker (or resurrects Ben Reilly) or whoever (as long as its a Spider-Person).

Doc Ock (whose conscience had been backed up into a robot as of ANAD Amazing Spider-Man) then takes the body of the clone of Peter Parker or the body the resurrected Ben Reilly and puts his conscience into said person's brain...

...and we get Superior Spider-Man again.

:yeahboi: :yeahboi: :yeahboi:

And gwen is a moment in his career were he realized he cant save anyone which i think having spider-gwen ****s on.
I... don't follow.

Spider-Gwen is her own separate character the doesn't exist in 616 (AKA the main Marvel Universe), so why would it be ****ting on moment? On the other hand, if they made Spider-Gwen Gwen from 616 and resurrected her then yeah, I could understand your sentiments.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
This is what I need to happen in Dead No More/ Clone Conspiracy so bad:

Jackal makes a clone of Peter Parker (or resurrects Ben Reilly) or whoever (as long as its a Spider-Person).

Doc Ock (whose conscience had been backed up into a robot as of ANAD Amazing Spider-Man) then takes the body of the clone of Peter Parker or the body the resurrected Ben Reilly and puts his conscience into said person's brain...

...and we get Superior Spider-Man again.

:yeahboi: :yeahboi: :yeahboi:

I... don't follow.

Spider-Gwen is her own separate character the doesn't exist in 616 (AKA the main Marvel Universe), so why would it be ****ting on moment? On the other hand, if they made Spider-Gwen Gwen from 616 and resurrected her then yeah, I could understand you sentiments.
like i know its separate character and to be quite honest i like spider-gwen as character.But i just dont like the fact that shes around or the fact she interacts with 616 peter as much as she does.It just to me feels like bringing back a popular dead character and giving her powers just cause.If that makes sense? I think its just one of those things were we agree to disagree man.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait...Didn't Nintendo get pissed at PETA when they made Black and Blue? Doesn't that warrant a lawsuit?
like i know its separate character and to be quite honest i like spider-gwen as character.But i just dont like the fact that shes around or the fact she interacts with 616 peter as much as she does.It just to me feels like bringing back a popular dead character and giving her powers just cause.If that makes sense? I think its just one of those things were we agree to disagree man.
I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS Q.Q

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't feel Gwen is on the same league as Ben though. Gwen is alive in a giant amount of adaptions, and that's in the regular universe. She can be alive all she wants. It's really only Ben I feel should not be outside of some alternate universe/alternate timeline. He's the real backbone to the Spider-Man story, and him dying is extremely important to Peter's character. Same thing with Thomas and Martha Wayne. Nobody in the Batman saga needs to be permadead that I can think of that would matter besides Bruce's parents in the grand scheme of things.

Also, that role that Gwen had by dying was replaced with Mary Jane in one of the cartoons. Mary Jane never came back either despite this. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't need to be a specific character, but an event to teach Spider-Man to be more serious. And they don't need to die, just be seriously hurt enough for him to mature.
Look up Earth-3145 spiderman.Its none other than uncle ben who became spiderman instead of peter cause he got the spider bite while chaperoning the field trip peter went on.I can not make this **** up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Look up Earth-3145 spiderman.Its none other than uncle ben who became spiderman instead of peter cause he got the spider bite while chaperoning the field trip peter went on.I can not make this **** up.
So what. Alternate universe. I remember watching Flashpoint where Thomas became Batman. And Martha became Joker of all things.

I don't find any of this an issue, honestly. The most important part to me is the characterization being good, not the fact that it has to have the same exact events. I love this kind of stuff to be honest. Constantly showing Spider-Man reboots with the same story bores me after a while. Variants make it more fun and interesting. That's pretty much what I love about these series, that there's so much variance possible, with the different writers and all. I don't believe there's only one good way to do it myself. I honestly like this factor. Breathes a whole new life to the franchise.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
But i just dont like the fact that shes around or the fact she interacts with 616 peter as much as she does.
Cite me some examples please.

Again, alternate universe. This isn't the same Ben from 616 and Peter knows this, hence why he doesn't break down into a total emotional train wreck when he sees him.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Again, alternate universe. This isn't the same Ben from 616 and Peter knows this, hence why he doesn't break down into a total emotional train wreck when he sees him.
Your both are aware that was me joking at that right?

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
In other news, I'm so happy Ultimates is still continuing in Ultimates2 (Squared).

Ever since Civil War II has come about, the team has pretty much forgotten about the whole 'someone has chained the cosmos' storyline, which is very interesting as someone who loves cosmic marvel.

Also, I hope the lack of mutant books in Marvel NOW! 2016 are because they are all the are on hold for the 'Death of X' storyline.

Old Man Logan has been my favourite X-men book from ANAD Marvel.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made 106 bucks by selling 4 N64 games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Five days in and I'm starting to crack. Anyone wanna trade my healthcare for their Pokemon Go?

Oh Canada...

;_;

I do know there are workarounds. I'd rather not do them.

Chrono.

Pokemon is definitely mainstream again.

Like damn, everyone is playing Pokemon, Blink-182 has a number 1 song, SNK and Capcom are restarting their rivalry, a new DOOM game, Tarzan in theaters, a Clinton running for president.

This truly is Shin 90s.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Speaking of Pokemon Go, an update on Pokemon caught while going to the cinema and dinner afterwards:

3x Pidgey
3x Rattata
3x Spearow
-
2x Zubat
2x Evee
-
1x Paras
1x Weedle
1x Doduo
1x Koffing
1x Bulbasaur

Also got 4 eggs as well.

Could have also gotten an Eknas that appeared in front of the women's bathroom, but I didn't want to catch it in case people got the wrong idea :ohwell:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, I remember the Pokemon PETA thing, it was a fun little game
I don't even think PETA was taking it seriously themselves with the all the jokes they made
"Ghetsis, so you were behind this! So what Team Plasma wanted all along was just to enslave Pokemon by themselves!"
"Ha, of course I did! Didn't you see the ending to the last game?"

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like we have another Smash-styled game. Normally, I'm perfectly fine with Smash-styled games, but this one doesn't even look good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, looks like we have another Smash-styled game. Normally, I'm perfectly fine with Smash-styled games, but this one doesn't even look good.
That actually looks alright. If nothing else, it should be fun with a crowd.

The monkey with the whip is gonna be OP though, calling it.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wow. It even had Brawl in the name. Shameless ripoff.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Golden age of Competitive Platform Fighters? What are they on about? That implies there was a strong genre that fell to the wayside. Only the Smash Bros series had a strong competitive play for years and all other imitators have been forgotten or mocked for not even been able to get the damn console's most well known characters. (Still can't believe we got Cloud, Snake and Bayonetta.)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think it's more so a very bad trailer...the game looks fine, though not something I'd invest in, and the trailer doesn't really sell the game's concept very well...at it should try to show us it's more than just another Smash clone...

D

Deleted member

Like damn, everyone is playing Pokemon, Blink-182 has a number 1 song, SNK and Capcom are restarting their rivalry, a new DOOM game, Tarzan in theaters, a Clinton running for president.

This truly is Shin 90s.
Don't forget the "return" of Crash Bandicoot and SEGA seemengly taking more time to develop a Sonic game (and the Mega Drive Archie Comic that is a love letter to Genesis Sonic)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This truly is Shin 90s.
Well Pokémon never really stopped being mainstream. Even here in Ireland, which is one of the least interesting countries in the world for gaming stuff and communities, it's always been one of the few games that seems socially acceptable to be into, no matter who you are.

Though I think this is more Pokémon GO that's a big hit. While some people will probably get into the main series games from it, I don't think many will, and especially not the anime (since it's very strictly designed to be a marketing tool for kids rather than a legitimately interesting show for all ages). The appeal of Pokémon GO isn't the characters, a set in stone story, or the fictional world you can explore. It's about giving you an excuse to explore the real world and to exercise, and meeting real people outside and such. Taking away the real life aspect with the main series games, and there won't be nearly as many people interested, especially non-gamers.

It also helps that it's on smartphones, something that, quite literally, the VAST majority of first world population has, and it's free to play the game too.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

What the **** is that thing on the right?

Anyway from Serebii's site:
The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimitsukiyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom