• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Watched some SuperMetalDave64 YouTube videos, and all of his assumptions about why the NX will do well are based around his thinking it will have high specs. . .while the usual critical people in the comments are assuming the NX will do poorly because they figure it will have low specs. My personal concerns with the NX aren't actually spec related as I have different things I want from the system, but I suppose I can voice my current expectation.

I think it was likely built to be in the general ballpark of the PS4/Xbox One and the reason Reggie had an "oh crud" face staring at the competition at E3 is because Nintendo got leapfrogged again and he knows the bad PR they're going to get because of it.

HOWEVER.

Because of the fact that the Neo and Scorpio aren't being built to have exclusives, I don't think those two systems will influence whether or not Nintendo gets third party support, at least not physically. Nintendo's already horrible PR is going to get run into the ground because of it, and some individuals might choose to upgrade instead of getting a Nintendo system, but if the Neo and Scorpio aren't built for exclusives then the programming bar is still set for the PS4/XB1. And if Nintendo is close enough to the power range of those two systems, then the only thing stopping ports is whether or not third parties want to join in. Whether or not they will is another matter entirely, but I don't think there will be anything (or at least as much) physically stopping it this time.

I said my personal concerns aren't so much about specs, though. So here's what I personally WANT out of the NX.

>For it to not be named after the Wii. A really basic, low expectations thing to want, but it's easy enough for them to meet. They said something about moving away from the Wii brand, so hopefully that means this desire will be met.

>For the launch selection of games to look good to me. I was sitting there staring at the Wii U launch selection at the E3 for it and nothing actually caught my attention at the time. Sure there were some games other people enjoyed, but for me by the time the system had any games I was more set on than "well. . .MAYBE," the Wii U was over halfway done with it's life cycle. Breath of the Wild already caught my attention despite my not normally caring about Zelda though, so that's also a good sign.

>A controller I don't have to wrestle against. I don't mind if they want to use a gimmick, really. I just need to be able to use the controller without feeling like it's actively messing with how well I can play. With the Gamepad, I don't feel like the controller itself messes with anything. The way the gimmick was implemented is another matter, but the controller itself is fine to me. I bought a Wiimote to use with Brawl, on the other hand, and when I turned on the game and tried it I felt like I was struggling just to use it properly. I'm OK with a gimmick as long as the controller can ALSO function normally. . .well that and as long as the gimmick isn't to rely super heavily on interactivity with mobile gaming. I think that would damage the enjoyability of the system quite a bit for me as well.

>Marketing that actually markets the system. The Wii advertisements actually stuck in your mind. The Wii U's advertisements were. . .kind of boring.

There might be a couple of personal preferences I forgot, but overall, if they do those things for launch then the main reason I'd have to be unhappy would be all the other people upset at not getting what they wanted.

Everyone else is concerned about Nintendo's comments about specs and uniqueness, but I think the main thing that makes me nervous about their future direction other than my empathy for others is a comment they made about "not adding too much content into future games." THAT one kind of makes me worry they're going to start making massive Smash Bros roster cuts and empty barebones titles in other franchises, and if there's anything worth making a fuss about it's probably that. People are going to focus more on what Nintendo does for power than that, though. . .

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is beautiful....

This is kinda what I was hoping the Galaxy stage would have been initially (Where you can cross through the entire planet although that would have probably been a little broken). Can't wait to see it developed further with model imports probably allowing for the whole planet to be implemented at some point in the future....
I like how when the CPUs end up in the center, Rosalina just keeps launching around in circles really fast because of her Up Special.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of DYKG, they have a new video up.

:094:
Oh look at the moment section, more Miyamoto bashing. Plenty are still rather bitter about Paper Mario, yet bring it up when this is a video about Mario Kart. Christ!

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Oh look at the moment section, more Miyamoto bashing. Plenty are still rather bitter about Paper Mario, yet bring it up when this is a video about Mario Kart. Christ!
I'm getting sick of it too, and this is coming from someone who isn't happy with most of Miyamoto's recent decisions either. I'm REALLY hoping this nonsense gets toned down soon, because it's just starting to become embarrassing.

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Woah, Captain Toad showed up out of nowhere and set up shop. And he looks like one swood guy.

upload_2016-7-10_22-45-52.png

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Game Theory was charming at first, but over the years I just started to care less about it. I absolutely hate it when people take the theories as facts though.

There's a channel called Gnoggin that does some game theories that I find much more entertaining. He even debunked some of MatPat's theories. Arlo also makes some appearances on that channel.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've never really been into Game Theory anyway. The theories MatPat comes up with and the subjects he tackles rarely interest me. That's just a matter of my own preferences, though.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Game Theory was charming at first, but over the years I just started to care less about it. I absolutely hate it when people take the theories as facts though.

There's a channel called Gnoggin that does some game theories that I find much more entertaining. He even debunked some of MatPat's theories. Arlo also makes some appearances on that channel.
When he did the "Mario is Mental" vid, I kinda stopped caring at that point in time.
I'm actually on MatPat's channel right now, and I'm seeing vids with titles reading "Phoenix Wright is a CRIMINAL?!" and "Zelda's Rupees are REAL?!?"

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I never even liked Game Theory..... I only watched about 5 videos but found all of them pretty stupid. I remember watching a Rosalina one which was interested I admit but stretching too hard.

There's plenty of other channels that do things theory/speculation based way better.

Game Theory is overrated as hell. I refuse to watch any more of it.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Game Theory has just become something I cringe hearing brought up because of the repeated cases of misleading titles and erroneously using the rules of our reality in place of those of the established world of the game.

In other news, my Oracle-Linked game will not be a 100% run.
Because after doing the baseball minigame in Ages about 15 times and not getting the 4th possible ring of rewards I'm sick of repeating it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's a lot of people buzzing outside right now.

In case you're not aware, Portugal won the European football championship for the first time.

I'm not really a football fan (or of any sports for that matter), but I feel happy anyway.

Anything I missed here? Besides Game Theory and such stuff, of course.

D

Deleted member

Why do people like to **** on GT everytime there's a new video? I haven't watched the new one yet, but it does make sense than some of his most recent theories

In an unrelated note, my friends hate "I'm at soup" but love YT poops, they clearly have ****taste

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There's a lot of people buzzing outside right now.

In case you're not aware, Portugal won the European football championship for the first time.

I'm not really a football fan (or of any sports for that matter), but I feel happy anyway.

Anything I missed here? Besides Game Theory and such stuff, of course.
As someone who lives in Chile, i can relate to you.

Oh and you really haven't missed anything important, outside of minor stuff like the announcement of a guest character in a fighting game.

Oh and i decided to once again Play Final Fantasy III (A.K.A FF6 on Snes), it's been a while since i last played that game.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I never even liked Game Theory..... I only watched about 5 videos but found all of them pretty stupid. I remember watching a Rosalina one which was interested I admit but stretching too hard.

There's plenty of other channels that do things theory/speculation based way better.

xD I remember watching his theory about if it was possible to survive a Leap of Faith in real life, and I thought, OK, it makes sense that the freakin' gravity in a game is different because it's one, but, really, who cares if you can perform one or not irl? It's in the game , and it is fun(Especially when Shay actually screams "Weeee!" when doing it...), and that's it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, remember whole Grandad/High Quality Rips memes? You know what im talking about, when they put the Flisntones theme in almost every video game song.

Well there's a game out there called The Itchy & Scratchy Game, and the theme song of Stage 1 is essentially the Flinstones theme, but slightly modified. Fast Foward to 2016, and somebody started to put the Flinstones theme into every game song.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The Rosalina one is one of his worst.

It's so easy to debunk. He doesn't even stretch, he just flat out makes **** up the whole time, and blatantly ignores baseline facts from the game. His own video footage that he uses from the game actually disproves his statements at times too.

Why do people like to **** on GT everytime there's a new video? I haven't watched the new one yet, but it does make sense than some of his most recent theories

In an unrelated note, my friends hate "I'm at soup" but love YT poops, they clearly have ****taste
Last time a video of his was talked about here (the Melee one), it was actually praised, so I don't know what you're on about.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Sees article saying "Google predicted Pokémon GO with their April Fools prank a couple of years ago"

Is anyone gonna tell these guys that Google have a heavy involvement in Pokémon GO's development?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Wait I wouldn't give to hear Lena's voice one last time"

He says as he stabs Lena in the face
Well that just means there's truly nothing he wouldn't give to hear Lena's voice one last time.

Including Lena's life, making Lena scream in pain as they are stabbed, thus "hearing Lena's voice one last time".

Last edited:

Chrono.

TIL: Altered Beast had a sequel on the PS2.

...It doesn't look great.

Warning for blood and gore and all that good stuff.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Game Theory is the large Youtube channel equivalent to a Reddit armchair theorist.

Remember when MatPat said that Islamphobia is a natural thing that comes with evolution?

D

Deleted member

TIL: Altered Beast had a sequel on the PS2.

...It doesn't look great.

Warning for blood and gore and all that good stuff.
Yeah i remember hearing about that game in ScrewAttack's Top 10 Worst 2D to 3D List a long time ago.

I don't know how you can mess up such a simple concept of a Hack and Slash featuring a Centurion who turns into a Wolf and other creatures, but they found a way.

Hell the game doesn't even take place in Acient Greece anymore, it instead takes place in Modern Times for some reason, and it has this dumb "Genome-Cyborg" story.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
WHAT

I didn't even hear about that one.
It's in his "I gave the pope something he cannot use, for no reason other than to use 'my platform as a gamer' because we gamers are a stigmatized group" video.

That entire video is just... a mess.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm forced to take MatPat "too seriously" because he continually injects himself and his stupid ideas (see: Undertale Pope fiasco, the Pyro theory) into his horrible, meme-plagued theories.

I wouldn't care so much if MatPat wasn't such a meathead.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wouldn't care about Game Theory if he didn't have the influence to seep into my life even when I try to avoid him but here we are.

I mean I mostly don't care about the show or MatPat but it always finds a way to worm back in. Like an ex who just won't let go.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm guessing what could solve the hate is that MatPat makes it more clear and makes a bold disclaimer that it's just a theory and it was done to entertain.

I'm guessing his ending catchphrase was meant to be taken seriously, but people don't really see it that way.

Chrono.

Yeah i remember hearing about that game in ScrewAttack's Top 10 Worst 2D to 3D List a long time ago.

I don't know how you can mess up such a simple concept of a Hack and Slash featuring a Centurion who turns into a Wolf and other creatures, but they found a way.

Hell the game doesn't even take place in Acient Greece anymore, it instead takes place in Modern Times for some reason, and it has this dumb "Genome-Cyborg" story.
To be fair, Altered Beast was already one of the worst games on the Genesis.

Okay that's too far, but it definitely is one of the worst, if not the worst, beat-em-up SEGA has put out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm guessing what could solve the hate is that MatPat makes it more clear and makes a bold disclaimer that it's just a theory and it was done to entertain.

I'm guessing his ending catchphrase was meant to be taken seriously, but people don't really see it that way.
He's not gonna make that disclaimer because he doesn't actually think that way.

There is many a video where he has gone on about how "unobjectionable" his theories are. I recall there was a video where he flat out called people who didn't believe his theory about Wario's farts "stupid" or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom