• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Rosalina one is one of his worst.

It's so easy to debunk. He doesn't even stretch, he just flat out makes **** up the whole time, and blatantly ignores baseline facts from the game. His own video footage that he uses from the game actually disproves his statements at times too.

Last time a video of his was talked about here (the Melee one), it was actually praised, so I don't know what you're on about.
He's literally the only youtuber that people constantly **** on in this thread
Like, I get it, you don't like the channel, I understood that the first time
>Sees article saying "Google predicted Pokémon GO with their April Fools prank a couple of years ago"

Is anyone gonna tell these guys that Google have a heavy involvement in Pokémon GO's development?
Do they know the Google thing WAS Pokemon Go's announcement?
It's in his "I gave the pope something he cannot use, for no reason other than to use 'my platform as a gamer' because we gamers are a stigmatized group" video.

That entire video is just... a mess.
I really don't remember him saying that, could you timestamp it?
I wouldn't care about Game Theory if he didn't have the influence to seep into my life even when I try to avoid him but here we are.

I mean I mostly don't care about the show or MatPat but it always finds a way to worm back in. Like an ex who just won't let go.
By that same logic, Toby Fox is to blame for the Undertale fanbase

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He's literally the only youtuber that people constantly **** on in this thread
Like, I get it, you don't like the channel, I understood that the first time

Do they know the Google thing WAS Pokemon Go's announcement?

I really don't remember him saying that, could you timestamp it?

By that same logic, Toby Fox is to blame for the Undertale fanbase
That's not true, there's that Tamaki dude, there's various Pokétubers I've seen people bring up, there's Keemstar, etc.

Game Theory is just huge and relevant so naturally it is brought up a lot, either in adoration or people being critical about it. Why does it matter?

And "it's brought up multiple times" is no excuse and I'll call hypocrisy on that one, because the majority of the time when I talk about how I like how my Rinkah build is progressing in Fates, for example, you chime in with "something something poor STR growth something something favouritism something something". Like that's literally no different than someone bringing up Game Theory and then other people talking about how they don't like it.

And at what point did I mention the fanbase in that comment? That isn't what I was referring to. He just pops up in a lot of places and it's hard not to be exposed to him.

I really don't see why it's a big deal that people talk about how they don't like him, honestly. That's no different than me saying "OK guys, I get it, you're obsessed with Pokémon and can't wait for Sun & Moon, I got it the first time, now talk about something else because I don't give a **** about it". If you don't like what's currently being talked about you don't have to participate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pokemon in Pokemon Go keep running after one break out.

Why does this happen?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I went to a local dog park and managed to catch a Pidgey, Spearow, Zubat and Scyther.

Then I just came back from a walk around the block and managed to catch a Weezing :D

Really feeling the Pokemon Go hype today :yeahboi:
But you didn't find an Arcanine at the doggo park.

That's no good.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To be fair, Altered Beast was already one of the worst games on the Genesis.

Okay that's too far, but it definitely is one of the worst, if not the worst, beat-em-up SEGA has put out.
The arcade version is so much better. It's like Michael Jackson's Moonwalker where the Genesis version sucked but the Arcade version was really fun

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now they just need to make an official version of the Smash RPG and their stocks will rise even higher.

And then they will ditch consoles and move on to mobile only!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I don't care whether I'm late or not, but It's been a year, hasn't it? It was a shocking revelation. I didn't hear the news until I got back from a small trip when my sister broke the news. I was stunned - one of the most influential people in the gaming industry had died, and one who was so influential and one of the reasons why I loved Nintendo for so long, through both their games and through their special insights and glimpses of what's coming up next through the Nintendo Directs.

Wii U GamePad, DualShock 4, Xbox One Controller, Keyboard and Mouse, that day, we as an entire gaming community stood still to honour a man who had shared his love and passion for games. So once again, thank you Iwata.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
SSF2 be making my dreams come true

Now if only a certain wrench user can get in I would be overwhelmed with joy. Especially if they plan on adding Luffy in the game then I could do Andy VS Luffy, battle of the lookalikes. Here's hoping Luffy is the final anime character added in though.

Chrono.

Now if only a certain wrench user can get in I would be overwhelmed with joy. Especially if they plan on adding Luffy in the game then I could do Andy VS Luffy, battle of the lookalikes. Here's hoping Luffy is the final anime character added in though.
Does Isaac use that hand all the time in his games too?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't care whether I'm late or not, but It's been a year, hasn't it? It was a shocking revelation. I didn't hear the news until I got back from a small trip when my sister broke the news. I was stunned - one of the most influential people in the gaming industry had died, and one who was so influential and one of the reasons why I loved Nintendo for so long, through both their games and through their special insights and glimpses of what's coming up next through the Nintendo Directs.
Ah yes, its that time of the year isn't it?

I remember seeing it on the front page of /r/nintendo of his passing. At the time I thought it was a stupid joke, but then I went to the front page of reddit and saw the same article, all on 11 different subreddits ranging /r/nintendo to /r/gaming and /r/smashbros.

I remember staring at the computer not knowing what to think. I knew he was dealing with a health issue but I didn't think that would happen and it only made me feel even worse when he apologised for what many people consider to be a sub par E3 direct :(

Even though I love directs (and I really want another one soon), they kinda feel... empty now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Does Isaac use that hand all the time in his games too?
That his Psynergy "Move" that's used outside of battle in Golden Sun to do various tasks like moving objects usually in dungeons and stuff.

You might recognize it best from Brawl though where most people have seen it used back when Isaac was an Assist Trophy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Man, I can't wait for Smash Con next month when they have SSF2 Beta to show off.

Hard to believe they already have SEVEN characters announced for the next demo!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man, I can't wait for Smash Con next month when they have SSF2 Beta to show off.

Hard to believe they already have SEVEN characters announced for the next demo!
Announced to be revealed or announced already?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't sleep because one of my copies of Unleashed might be arriving tomorrow and I'm so hyped to play the game again.

Been listening to music to pump myself up.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Announced already

- Luigi
- Bowser
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Pit
- Pac-Man
- Isaac
- MUTHA ****ING SANDBAG!!!
Ahh, I see. I almost read that as 7 characters to be announced and got really excited lol.

Chrono.

Alright, so after reading that Pokemon leak from before I was determined to come up with a design for Rockruff's supposed evolution.

So after hours and hours of thorough research, analysis and lots of sweat. I managed to create the perfect mock up.

Hold on to your butts.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
SSF2 is cool and all, but I just want more news on Crusade. Heck, when was the last time anything major popped up on that?

:094:
In April, Pikachu was revealed to get resprited, and in May Shadow was revealed to get to moveset revamp. (Shown off in the game's topic in the Developer Studios forum).

That's the latest I've heard.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Alright, so after reading that Pokemon leak from before I was determined to come up with a design for Rockruff's supposed evolution.

So after hours and hours of thorough research, analysis and lots of sweat. I managed to create the perfect mock up.

Hold on to your butts.

By hours of research you mean you saw my post just now and said "time to make a meme". :p

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I can't sleep because one of my copies of Unleashed might be arriving tomorrow and I'm so hyped to play the game again.

Been listening to music to pump myself up.

well your listening to the wrong version of the song that one doesnt appear in game

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
In April, Pikachu was revealed to get resprited, and in May Shadow was revealed to get to moveset revamp. (Shown off in the game's topic in the Developer Studios forum).

That's the latest I've heard.
I just went to the Facebook page and found the Pikachu sprite and THAT LOOK SO MUCH BETTER. Here's hoping other characters that could use resprites (looking at you, ZSS) get some as well. I haven't seen much of Shadow's moveset changes outside of the switch between Up Smash and Down Smash (which was needed), but I hope they didn't change him too much.

:094:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Holy crap. DoA has a crap ton of costumes for DLC.
I'm watching Max's stream and just one of the season passes for the stuff is a whopping 92 bucks.
just....no.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
AniMatt decided to upload a political video, and the subject he decided to do it on has made me lose ALL respect for him.

Edit: As well as his comments in the comment section. He doesn't know what he's talking about at all

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
AniMatt decided to upload a political video, and the subject he decided to do it on has made me lose ALL respect for him.

Edit: As well as his comments in the comment section. He doesn't know what he's talking about at all
What did he talk about?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What did he talk about?
It was about Trump

Now, don't get me wrong - There is a lot to talk bad about Trump.

BUT, he was talking about how Trump was anti semitic for using a 6 sided star in an ad campaign against Hillary.

The problem is, it wasn't the Star of David - And Hillary isn't Jewish. But Trump is.

When people mentioned this fact in the comment section AniMatt said "Being anti Semitic doesn't mean hating Jews, it means hating a religion that isn't your own. Trump hates Muslims"

Then why "use the Star of David"?

He's really reaching on this

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
RANDOM MUSINGS OF A BOOKWORM

KIRBY:
Just completed Planet Robobot. Haltmann is a great boss fight. Star Dream being a Galactic NOVA was spoiled for me, but is still pretty amazing if you ask me! Interesting how it is possibly the most powerful Kirby villain ever, and essentially just a kitty-cat face.

POKEMON GO: Anyone who plays this, just please take care. It's a dangerous world out there, so play smart.

SSF2 and CRUSADE: So hyped for Sandbag! I've always loved more gimmicky characters, and he seems really quirky. Crusade has some issues, and its roster is kinda wonky, but I unironically love it.

ETC: After finishing Planet Robobot, I kinda want to see a Kirby fighting game. Similar to Kirby Fighters Deluxe, but with playable villains from across the series. Imagine being able to be Dark Matter Swordsman and fight Daroach in Candy Constellation from Amazing Mirror!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
RANDOM MUSINGS OF A BOOKWORM

KIRBY:
Just completed Planet Robobot. Haltmann is a great boss fight. Star Dream being a Galactic NOVA was spoiled for me, but is still pretty amazing if you ask me! Interesting how it is possibly the most powerful Kirby villain ever, and essentially just a kitty-cat face.

POKEMON GO: Anyone who plays this, just please take care. It's a dangerous world out there, so play smart.

SSF2 and CRUSADE: So hyped for Sandbag! I've always loved more gimmicky characters, and he seems really quirky. Crusade has some issues, and its roster is kinda wonky, but I unironically love it.

ETC: After finishing Planet Robobot, I kinda want to see a Kirby fighting game. Similar to Kirby Fighters Deluxe, but with playable villains from across the series. Imagine being able to be Dark Matter Swordsman and fight Daroach in Candy Constellation from Amazing Mirror!
LOL, I didn't see it coming at all. Even when most of his face was revealed I didn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom