• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Being anti Semitic doesn't mean hating Jews,
Semitic: relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.

He's dumb.

Chrono.

Holy crap. DoA has a crap ton of costumes for DLC.
I'm watching Max's stream and just one of the season passes for the stuff is a whopping 92 bucks.
just....no.
I'm fine with just the costumes you can unlock via cheat code.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Semitic: relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.

He's dumb.
Technically, he is right. It doesn't mean hating jewish people, it means hating jewish people along with a lot of other religious and ethnical group.

You still hate them, but not only them. Which, obviously, make it worse.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I want to get into pokemon go but simply dont care about Kanto mon.There iconic and all but there not the ones i grew up with so its hard to get invested.Im aware that sonner or later there gonna add gen 2 and 3 pokes but right now i open it every once awhile adn catch whatever pokes is around me at the team....Still only a lv 2

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Technically, he is right. It doesn't mean hating jewish people, it means hating jewish people along with a lot of other religious and ethnical group.
None of those descriptions are religious in nature.

It's racial and ethnic which is why the Holocaust had an identifiable target. The main target was an ethnic group

Unless you're implying that Arabic = Muslim or Hebrew = Jewish, which presents a lot of problems, you're making the same mistake he did.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

You still hate them, but not only them. Which, obviously, make it worse.
Anti-Semitism, at least in the current sense of the word, does specifically refer to hating Jews.

D

Deleted member

Has it really been a year? It sure doesn't, at least to me. Time went by quickly.

I remember last year's July 12 (and 13) very well. Or perhaps, I should just refer to it as, "my experience throughout the day". It was at first, a mere simple day that proceeded like the usual, with all regular activities being done like normal. Yes, that's right--- it wasn't like in 2010 where every single day was a brand new experience for me. But the same could be said for everyone else's lives.

After having done most of said regular activites throughout out the first half of the day, I was getting ready to play another Wii U game. Having played Smash Bros. on both the home console and Nintendo 3DS for so long, I really didn't want to get burnt out of it, so I opted to take a small break. My Wii U software library was pretty small at the time, only consisting of five retail titles and some Virtual Console games. I settled on playing New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U, so I put it in the disc tray and started playing. I had previously left the main game on Frosted Glacier's first few levels, so I continued from there.

In conjunction to playing the game, I was also trying to fix my GamePad's squeaking sounds (which I'm sure you all know about them due to its build quality). One of the plastic tabs on the back of the controller was already wearing out, so I removed it for a bit and tried inserting a dozen screwdrivers in it, which was pretty stupid on my part considering I didn't figure out those were Tri-wing screws until much later. I soon gave up, put the tab back on and played as normal.

As I generally multitask between playing games and browsing the web, I checked out a few things. Besides my usual, now-infamous Smashboards posting spree, I went out to check multiple websites, one of them being My Nintendo News, which was my go-to Nintendo site at the time, and the news broke down. I couldn't believe what I read... it was one of the things I was not expecting to see. I became pretty quiet and shocked at the same time after reading the news and Nintendo's press release regarding his passing, which mentioned he had passed away a day earlier due to complications from a bile duct growth. It just felt surreal... almost to the point of the whole day being a nightmare of sorts.

I then checked multiple messages on both Twitter and Miiverse during the night, remembering what he did to the industry, such as expanding the install base so that anyone, regardless of their experience with video games, could enjoy playing, and his notable works, which ranged from Balloon Fight to EarthBound to developing the localization plan for Pokémon Red and Blue, compressing Pokémon Gold and Silver's size so that an extra region could be included, and debugging Melee right before it launched--- the entire gaming community, and even rivals like PlayStation and Xbox, mourned his death. It all went dark.

The next day, just as I was about to accept his passing, I couldn't help but get too emotional about it, of course, behind the computer screen. Not a single "famous" individual's (for lack of a better word or term) passing had hit me the hardest like Iwata's. Eventually, I get to warm up and carry on over time, while still thinking about it.

Sure, there's the fact he had apologized for the 2015 Digital Event's content before his untimely death, and recently, we've heard in the 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders' Q&As that he was very well aware of his fate, that made things all the more depressing. But I think what he only wanted us to do is to just smile and have fun playing video games. And I honestly figure that's the case--- whenever his name shows up in a game's credits roll, I just end up smiling rather than being constantly remembered about his death and all kinds of negative thinkings.

What he left behind is a legacy. One legacy that will be remembered in the industry for many years to come.

Thanks for everything, Mr. Iwata.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Now if only a certain wrench user can get in I would be overwhelmed with joy. Especially if they plan on adding Luffy in the game then I could do Andy VS Luffy, battle of the lookalikes. Here's hoping Luffy is the final anime character added in though.
I made a moveset for Luffy once, but it turned out super OP. His side special, Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk, was a long-ranged Falcon Punch that couldn't be air dodged.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I'm fine with just the costumes you can unlock via cheat code.
they did that not too long after buying the ones they wanted. not that stupid pass. i'd probably do the same if I had the game.
there were 3-4 passes with that price. that's new console money right there! I mean some of the mashup ones I thought were cool,but still.

anywho,morning people.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I went to BitSummit on Sunday, and got to play some cool indie games/ meet some of the Yacht Club Games staff. I just posted my impressions of the games I checked out.

Also, I posted Iwata's Impact on Smash for SmashBoards. It's an improved version of a post I made over a year ago!

Pokemon Go still hasn't been released here....but WSJ said it might release in a couple days. I checked out Ingress today -- played for about 4 hours. Luckily there's enough stuff in Ingress around me that I don't think Pokemon GO will be an issue. Was bit worried since my town's population is quite low.

I *should* be more active this week.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Jesus Christ, I see why Steel Ball Run is s o beloved, Scary Monsters is hype

It is isn't it?

So today's the day iwata died....I can't say much about him only that the Directs don't feel the same without him. I remember finding out the news on that day and cwas quite skeptical at first,until people i was subbed to like AOS and Boogie posted about it. I didn't cry,but I just felt empty that day. you will be missed good sir.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, I forgot how slow downloading patches is on PS3.

IMAG0388.jpg

EDIT: It sped up. But still, 10 minutes for a 44MB patch is ridiculous.

I downloaded a 3GB Sonic fan game on my laptop last night, and that took 10 minutes.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Releases and announcements of new games? hardly even a dent to Nintendo's stock. One new casual game released on mobile? Instant surge.

On one hand I'm glad Nintendo's getting a little more to work with, but on the other hand I'm kind of horrified by the implication that the only way people will invest in Nintendo is if they think the company is taking steps towards becoming third party.

Nintendo's drop from the Wii era is pretty unsettling as well. Losing almost two thirds of their their stock market share. . .I hope that never happens to that kind of degree to them again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Releases and announcements of new games? hardly even a dent to Nintendo's stock. One new casual game released on mobile? Instant surge.

On one hand I'm glad Nintendo's getting a little more to work with, but on the other hand I'm kind of horrified by the implication that the only way people will invest in Nintendo is if they think the company is taking steps towards becoming third party.

Nintendo's drop from the Wii era is pretty unsettling as well. Losing almost two thirds of their their stock market share. . .I hope that never happens to that kind of degree to them again.
I think it's more of how huge Pokemon Go has become, not just that it's a mobile game
Not only Pokemon is already huge but now it's all people talk about and it's even being used as a marketing tool
Being mobile certainly helps though, since it makes it more accessible

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love how some of the people in Spagonia call Professor Pickle "the Pickle".

There can only be one Pickle.

IMAG0389.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think it's more of how huge Pokemon Go has become, not just that it's a mobile game
Not only Pokemon is already huge but now it's all people talk about and it's even being used as a marketing tool
Being mobile certainly helps though, since it makes it more accessible
HOPEFULLY, but all anyone who actually talks on the matter seems to say is how much they want Nintendo to go third party and how this proves what they've been insisting. . .

. . .

. . .In other news, apparently a couple of people want Nintendo to manipulate people into voting in the United States presidential elections by bribing them with "rare Pokemon" in Pokemon Go positioned at the polling booths.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HOPEFULLY, but all anyone who actually talks on the matter seems to say is how much they want Nintendo to go third party and how this proves what they've been insisting. . .

. . .
Seriously? All I've been seeing are memes, praise, some criticism, memes, complaints on how it's not released on X country and restaurants abusing the fact they're PokeStops
We must be on opposite sides of the internet
. . .In other news, apparently a couple of people want Nintendo to manipulate people into voting in the United States presidential elections by bribing them with "rare Pokemon" in Pokemon Go.
Do these people know that this sort of thing is illegal? Besides, what does Nintendo have to get from it?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Seriously? All I've been seeing are memes, praise, some criticism, memes, complaints on how it's not released on X country and restaurants abusing the fact they're PokeStops
We must be on opposite sides of the internet

Do these people know that this sort of thing is illegal? Besides, what does Nintendo have to get from it?
Well, I mean specifically on the matter of how much it's making and what that means.

But I'm on #Nintendo on Twitter right now and most of the posts seem to be just infinite links to articles about the stock jump with a handful of comments like the kind I said, a handful of innocent memes, and some general Nintendo stuff peppered in.

The complaints and memes were a lot heavier yesterday, but the stock articles seem to be choking them out.

And as for the polling thing, I REALLY don't know. But I'm pretty sure two different people made the same comment, so someone probably told their friends to suggest the idea or something.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
50 hours flat clocked into TMS#FE.
I have one last character Side Story to do which I'm JUST about to do (tonight).
Presumably starting to carv my way into the final dungeon.
Protag at 58, everyone else at 54 or 55.
Stage Ranks between 15 and 17 out of a max of 20.
We're approaching the finale....

Chrono.

50 hours flat clocked into TMS#FE.
I have one last character Side Story to do which I'm JUST about to do (tonight).
Presumably starting to carv my way into the final dungeon.
Protag at 58, everyone else at 54 or 55.
Stage Ranks between 15 and 17 out of a max of 20.
We're approaching the finale....
lol I still haven't started it.

I blame Smash modding just kinda taking over me, as well Gundam Extreme Vs. taking up my time.

D

Deleted member

Atlus, for the love of god, when are you going to announce the localization for this game, I can only wait for so long
AND STOP TEASING ME WITH THIS MUSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom