• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

New AA opening isn't as good as the first, but is more fitting with JFA in terms of animation. I can't wait till the do Final Turnabout, that's the best case I've done yet
What? Not only was the first opening atrocious but the new one is much better and actually fits PWAA

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
View attachment 111983

Welp, at least I know where I'll be going this year lol :yeahboi:

Besides Zelda BotW and the Smash amiibo battles of course :p
I'm slightly interested in how Tekken 7 VR is gonna work.
I don't think it'll be like the following video,because you won't catch me doing Eddy's or Bryan's moves. XD

good morning guys.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm slightly interested in how Tekken 7 VR is gonna work.
I don't think it'll be like the following video,because you won't catch me doing Eddy's or Bryan's moves. XD

good morning guys.
Wait, all of those games have VR?

I didn't know KH 2.8 was gonna have VR. I didn't hear about it at E3 or anything.

It'll probably just be for the Chi Back Cover movie but I'm curious to see how it will play out.
I don't think that all those games will have VR, I think the description was solely just for the Playstation VR pic.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Gee, at the official Killer Instinct forums (forums.ultra-combo.com), there's a lot of members who are against the idea of adding any more guest characters in KI and want original ones instead.

Personally, as long as they fight like the rest of the cast and bring some variety, I don't care who they add in.

How about you?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How long until CSI: Digital has an episode where there' a mass murderer using Shokemon Schmo to lure children tot heir deaths and every cast member but the token geek are completely baffled and condescending about the idea of the game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just a warning, on the off chance Thracia wins, do not play it blind.

I'd also say to hold off until Project Naga gets around to translating it.
But the fun of Thracia IS playing it blind
But yeah, I looked up the translations and there are only two: one that only translated menus and is a buggy mess and the other has bad writing, memes ànd untranslated menus
I prefer the first one. Now let me have my opinion or I will personally spoil EVERYTHING DiU has to offer from now
no, ur opinion is worng cuz it's different from mine!!1!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Gee, at the official Killer Instinct forums (forums.ultra-combo.com), there's a lot of members who are against the idea of adding any more guest characters in KI and want original ones instead.

Personally, as long as they fight like the rest of the cast and bring some variety, I don't care who they add in.

How about you?
Guests bring more interest and hype in. Smash is evident of this. The most hype character reveals overall for Smash 4 were Mega Man, Cloud and Mewtwo. Two of those are third parties, the other is a very popular and iconic Pokemon that had previously been cut.
KI reached 7 million players after S3 launched for a reason.
Rash, Arbiter and eventually RAAM coming in helped with that, particularly the latter two because they're well known Microsoft owned characters and Battletoads still has some cult popularity anyway.

It's also really cool in seeing how aspects of the character's home franchise can be brought in to a fighting game like KI too. Arbiter captures the essence of Halo really well with RT being the Carbine and LT being the grenades plus him only having two weapons which has been a jey aspect of Halo. RAAM captures the essence of his gameplay in the Gears 3 DLC perfectly aside from lacking his Kryll finger where he had to point and the Kryll would surround the enemy and tear them to shreds. He still has his charge even if it looks different, curbstomping which is a Gears staple and his execution from Gears 1 when he killed Minh. Rash is literally Battletoads if it were a fighting game.

And of the Guests they had in the poll only Joanna Dark didn't really interest me as much as the others but she could still have some cool stuff. A Halo Brute provided they used Tartarus would be interesting because his Gravity Hammer is unique among others for having telekinetic abilities, even then other Brute weaponry & tech is very unique in a savage way and a Crackdown agent has a lot of cool stuff to use.

Skorge from Gears 2 was also a really popular suggestion prior to RAAM and it's clear why having played Gears 2. Not only does he wield a chainsaw staff but as a Kantus he has healing abilities and can use Ink Grenades and the Gorgon Pistol. They could also borrow aspects from his connection to the Riftworm and his mastery of the Hydra if they wanted.

Besides they also provided ideas for original characters such as a Djinn, Lovecraftian and a Wendigo plus options for two KI characters, one of which has never been playable before and there's still the community character.
It's not as if the Guests are dominating the roster anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Went to a festival downtown

They had squirtles there for Pokemon Go

But I didn't run into a single one.

I caught primeape and Jynx though

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So. . .I wonder slightly about that one T-shirt competition's regulations.

"The characters which appear in the following games series all can be used in design submissions." The Super Mario series, the Zelda series, the Pokémon series, the Animal Crossing series, the Star Fox series, the Pikmin series, the Metroid series, the Kirby series, the Donkey Kong series, and Splatoon
On one hand it might just be an unfortunate decision to limit what they will allow because they don't want to be seen as "weeaboo," or because they only want to use things with high sales. . .and Pikmin. On the OTHER hand, I wonder in the back of my mind if it says anything about the NX launch lineup.

Star Fox and Kirby just had games, and Pokemon is about to. Although. . .Kirby hasn't had a mainline CONSOLE title since the end of last generation, so there's always that to note. Mario and Zelda would be universal inclusions no matter what, and Zelda has a new game anyway. Splatoon is borderline, as it's been active this whole time but the hype train is about to roll to a stop.

Animal Crossing is hinted to be an NX title, and Pikmin 4 is almost certainly one that just ended up being postponed.

That leaves Metroid and Donkey Kong, two series who both have people scrambling around begging for more importance. . .and the one developer that's bothered to do anything people liked with either one this past decade is working on a new IP instead.

. . .I wonder if they would try assigning anyone new to either of those. Other M went horribly, but they have been talking about incorporating new blood into the company. The fact that the same devs tend to work on the same series means logically probably not, but it's not like they don't know there's a demand for those two. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So. . .I wonder slightly about that one T-shirt competition's regulations.

On one hand it might just be an unfortunate decision to limit what they will allow because they don't want to be seen as "weeaboo," or because they only want to use things with high sales. . .and Pikmin. On the OTHER hand, I wonder in the back of my mind if it says anything about the NX launch lineup.

Star Fox and Kirby just had games, and Pokemon is about to. Although. . .Kirby hasn't had a mainline CONSOLE title since the end of last generation, so there's always that to note. Mario and Zelda would be universal inclusions no matter what, and Zelda has a new game anyway. Splatoon is borderline, as it's been active this whole time but the hype train is about to roll to a stop.

Animal Crossing is hinted to be an NX title, and Pikmin 4 is almost certainly one that just ended up being postponed.

That leaves Metroid and Donkey Kong, two series who both have people scrambling around begging for more importance. . .and the one developer that's bothered to do anything people liked with either one this past decade is working on a new IP instead.

. . .I wonder if they would try assigning anyone new to either of those. Other M went horribly, but they have been talking about incorporating new blood into the company. The fact that the same devs tend to work on the same series means logically probably not, but it's not like they don't know there's a demand for those two. . .
I'm pretty sure those chosen franchises are the way they are because Miyamoto is a big part of each one of them in some way or another, and he's the special guest judge.

I'd consider making a Rosalina one, but with Miyamoto as the judge, there is no way a t-shirt of her will win. :V

D

Deleted member

Piece of advice, if you decide to play Tharcia 776, and want to get the full extent of the story, play FE4 first.

Also you should totally play FE4, the incest simulator, you can almost everyone marry their cousins.
I'm playing FE4 before anyways, mainly because I need to wait for some good translation and also because I put my life decisions on a poll and the internet has said "Burn Sigurd!"
Also, I already played Incest Simulator in my 3DS, married my nephew on it

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also you should totally play FE4, the incest simulator, you can almost everyone marry their cousins.
This is a massive overstatement. People overstate the amount of incest present in FE4. Off of the top of my head, I can only think of about 5 instances where it actually occurs or is possible in the game. If there's more, it requires a very narrow set of conditions to be met, so you'd have to be specifically looking to make it happen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Guests bring more interest and hype in. Smash is evident of this. The most hype character reveals overall for Smash 4 were Mega Man, Cloud and Mewtwo. Two of those are third parties, the other is a very popular and iconic Pokemon that had previously been cut.
KI reached 7 million players after S3 launched for a reason.
Rash, Arbiter and eventually RAAM coming in helped with that, particularly the latter two because they're well known Microsoft owned characters and Battletoads still has some cult popularity anyway.

It's also really cool in seeing how aspects of the character's home franchise can be brought in to a fighting game like KI too. Arbiter captures the essence of Halo really well with RT being the Carbine and LT being the grenades plus him only having two weapons which has been a jey aspect of Halo. RAAM captures the essence of his gameplay in the Gears 3 DLC perfectly aside from lacking his Kryll finger where he had to point and the Kryll would surround the enemy and tear them to shreds. He still has his charge even if it looks different, curbstomping which is a Gears staple and his execution from Gears 1 when he killed Minh. Rash is literally Battletoads if it were a fighting game.

And of the Guests they had in the poll only Joanna Dark didn't really interest me as much as the others but she could still have some cool stuff. A Halo Brute provided they used Tartarus would be interesting because his Gravity Hammer is unique among others for having telekinetic abilities, even then other Brute weaponry & tech is very unique in a savage way and a Crackdown agent has a lot of cool stuff to use.

Skorge from Gears 2 was also a really popular suggestion prior to RAAM and it's clear why having played Gears 2. Not only does he wield a chainsaw staff but as a Kantus he has healing abilities and can use Ink Grenades and the Gorgon Pistol. They could also borrow aspects from his connection to the Riftworm and his mastery of the Hydra if they wanted.

Besides they also provided ideas for original characters such as a Djinn, Lovecraftian and a Wendigo plus options for two KI characters, one of which has never been playable before and there's still the community character.
It's not as if the Guests are dominating the roster anyway.
I feel the same way. It's great from a business standpoint as it can attract new players. Plus if they ever add Eyedol, all the team can do then is just original characters and guests as they milked everything else of the classic roster. But it's true too many can be bad (and like you said, classics/originals still greatly outnumber guests and should stay that way).

And it's not like Rash, Arby, & RAAM fight differently from the rest of the cast or got a balancing bias.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I fondly remember the day it was announced that Satoru Iwata passed. It was towards 7-9PM that day and I was browsing Smashboards when I came across this...

http://smashboards.com/threads/satoru-iwata-has-passed-away.409941/

I was quite literally starstruck for like 2 minutes straight trying to grasp what I was reading because it wasn't comprehending in my mind. It was just surreal to see what happened.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/10/remember-satoru-iwata/

Can't believe it's already been a year.

It's a little saddening to have my thoughts brought back to that day, but it's also pretty amazing how influential he is even today.
That was a bad day, and just like Push, it was the first time I was personally affected by a celebrity death. I really had no idea how much the Nintendo Directs had endeared him to me. I was in class when I learnt the news, and I had to try really hard to hold back my tears. RIP, he was a great man.

Last edited:

Chrono.

How about you?
I'm okay with it, they haven't really gone overboard with it yet either.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What makes it really sad is that he left at a time where a lot of people were upset with Nintendo at the time and the last time we saw him was in April 1, 2015 and he looked pretty bad.

It was just a bad combination and just that he was probably fighting this illness for years, it felt like there was so much pressure on him

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's been a year already?

Time really passes by doesn't it...

It was a hard time for me as I'm sure it was for others...I remember listening to this many times upon hearing of his passing it did help me feel better at least...
three other times I felt something similar when it came to celebrity passings...
Steve Irwin; childhood idol, made me passionate about animals, which in turn helped me gain knowledge on animals for my creature designs
HR Giger; created the design for the Xenomorph, which that in and of itself is a huge influence on my artwork and designs
Robin Williams; One of my favourite comedians and someone who made me laugh consistently and a fellow Zelda fan

Of course Iwata; help build the foundations for my childhood, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon are not only my favourite video game franchises, but has influenced me the most and I likely would not even be an artist at all if not for them...Iwata made that possible

I remember attempting to paint a tribute for him which I never came around to completing, since I was stuck in a major artblock at the time...I remember seeing a lot of artwork depicting characters in morning for his passing, and I thought it wasn't quite as appropriate since I wanted to think of his passing simply as a 'Journey's End'...
The Brawl ending came to mind as we have all the characters looking towards the sunset sort of reminiscing on the past and looking forward to the future...
So I went for an image with a similar feel, cept with a lot less characters (didn't really feel like going for an image with too many characters, at least wanted to have a few important ones for Nintendo)...also as a sign of respect I had them remove their hats/helmets
Still in very rough stages as it's very muddy/sketchy right now...but you should be able to see the vitals...I figured I might as well share it...
We Understand!.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom