• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
In no particular order...
Toradora!
Code Geass
[Censored]
Oreimo
Rosario + Vampire

I don't actually watch much of anything and there are a few shows I've been putting off continuing though...

Other than the first three, I just threw on two more to make five, since there are probably better ones I can't remember.
Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to ask something. When you say Rosario + Vampire do you mean the whole series or just season 1? Because I personally loved the first season and HATED the second season, it was garbage in my opinion, especially the ending.

Also, have you read the manga? I read it after watching the series and I came to this conclusion: the first season is a nearly perfect adaptation and the second season of the manga made me hate the second season of the anime EVEN MORE because the manga is just SO GOOD.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I INVITED TAKUMI INTO MY ROOM RIGHT AFTER I DID THE ROUTINE "BONDING" THING WITH RINKAH

AND THIS IS WHAT HE SAYS

So they DO have sex when you choose "bond".

Wow. Leave it to Takumi to be incredibly blunt about this stuff.
A lot of Takumi's quotes are absolute gold. In the My Room interactions, there's another line he says when you invite him, and it's just as memorable as that one.

Yeah, Takumi just casually decides to become the third wheel here.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
#BlameTakumi for awkward sex.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A lot of Takumi's quotes are absolute gold. In the My Room interactions, there's another line he says when you invite him, and it's just as memorable as that one.

Yeah, Takumi just casually decides to become the third wheel here.
Taking bros before ***s to a whole new level. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
#BlameTakumi for awkward sex.
Or just invite him. He just wants to cuddle, nothing awkward there. He needs companionship. Plus the game already lets you marry your family so it wouldn't be totally awkward... Plus Takumi's sniping skills are pretty on point.

:p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That sounded way worse then it should have xD

I meant in actual fighting (which I hope you know). He has done some heavy work in my revelations play through, almost as much as Keaton.

EDIT
I don't know what this exactly, but it's leaking:

It's some type of anime magenzine, I think the CoroCoro one, but I don't know. It seems to be focused on the anime movie and Ash greninja, might reveal the next episode titles, and has something on sun and moon, but it's probably nothing.

But if your a fan, this might interest you

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think I've found the perfect new signature.

An accurate depiction of Boku no Hero Academia hype.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That sounded way worse then it should have xD

I meant in actual fighting (which I hope you know). He has done some heavy work in my revelations play through, almost as much as Keaton.

EDIT

It's some type of anime magenzine, I think the CoroCoro one, but I don't know. It seems to be focused on the anime movie and Ash greninja, might reveal the next episode titles, and has something on sun and moon, but it's probably nothing.

With Sun/Moon, I'd guess it'd either be a rehash of game news, or an announcement of the Sun/Moon anime. In the former case, we'd at best get another scene from the beginning of the game as I can't see GF giving a smaller magazine crucial information. For the latter, I wouldn't expect too much aside from maybe the starter's anime artwork and Ash's new design.

In other (and bigger) news, they actually remembered Mega Charizard Y exists.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to ask something. When you say Rosario + Vampire do you mean the whole series or just season 1? Because I personally loved the first season and HATED the second season, it was garbage in my opinion, especially the ending.
R+V is one of the shows that got me into anime, I don't remember ever watching a second season, it being so long ago...

I never actually watched the first season of Code Geass either, but I got hooked on the second one ages ago.

I don't read much manga. Though there's one I can't completely recall that had a maid cafe and a trap..

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Oh fiddlesticks. I've wanted to use that. Oh well you can have it. >.>

Adorable Deku is adorable.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually named after the painting? Or is it just a pun on Yuki-Onna? Or is it named after the Urusei Yatsura character? Or named after the company that makes snow-related products?
Twas a pun at first, but if there's a painting then that works great.

Where is the 'I don't get it' option?

:231:
Or the option that has Swamp in the sentence. >.>
I'm trying to be serious here. So non serious answers were removed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think my work's trying to kill me

I'm scheduled until 10 at night EVERY SINGLE DAY (Except my days off) starting the 7th on for at least the next 2 weeks.

That's as far as my schedule goes.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just really confused by the question. I need context, that's all.

I didn't vote on the poll.

In the game we're working on, we have a Yuki-Onna character.

Her current name is Oyuki.

We want to know if its dumb or if its okay.

D

Deleted member

Kid is a total bad ass. People want to say that he's not a hero he because didn't stop anything, the point being is that despite being 7, is that his first response was to fight back instead of submitting.

That takes a heck of a lot of guts to do that, it's not even ignorance because he's 7, it's courage. I'm sure any other 7 year old would've went and hid or started crying, he's definitely outside the norm.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

In Japanese, 'O' in an honorific and adding it to the beginning of a word actually makes the word sound more noble/grand.

So, yeah, sound good to me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In Japanese, 'O' in an honorific and adding it to the beginning of a word actually makes the word sound more noble/grand.

So, yeah, sound good to me.

That, and "yuki" 「雪」 means snow in Japanese, as you may be aware.

In fact, "oyuki" could be rendered as お雪, literally meaning just snow, but the お adds a touch of formality.

It also works as a pun with "ooyuki" 「大雪」, which means "heavy snow".

Bonus points for the name is that, after checking out the dictionary, Yuki is a female given name and can be written with the kanji for snow (see above).

All this said, for a yuki-onna 「雪女」 (lit. meaning snow woman), the name is perfect for the character in question.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I knew that Yuki means snow and female given name. Thank Haruhi Suzumiya for that.
That is actually a plot point.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah. Some people thought it was too corny or hamfisted.

And this was coming from people familiar with mythology and Japanese so that's encouraging.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah. Some people thought it was too corny or hamfisted.

And this was coming from people familiar with mythology and Japanese so that's encouraging.
Ah, I see.

Well, it is an opinion. I think it works. It's simple and effective.

Then again, it's not different from many Pokémon names literally telling you exactly what they're about. :p

What other characters have you done already and what are their names? Just curious.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah, I see.

Well, it is an opinion. I think it works. It's simple and effective.

Then again, it's not different from many Pokémon names literally telling you exactly what they're about. :p

What other characters have you done already and what are their names? Just curious.
I'll PM ya.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I honestly didn't figure out the context of the question at all till you mentioned it. And I've helped with the game in question. :facepalm:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

It's just an anime preview magazine, so it has nothing to do with Sun/Moon. It did confirm upcoming anime episode titles, revealing that the league will start in June, however. Based on the translated descriptions over on Serebii, it seems to be rather underwhelming (IMO) given the XY Friends will be punching bags for Alain/Sawyer. Poor Mega Charizard Y.

It does at least confirm we'll see Ash's 6th Team member soon. It would be nice to see more Goodra, but Ash's team this saga is kind of bland (3 Flying Types?) so Pallet Town reserves might also be a smart option.

Am kind of hoping Team Flare will interrupt the league instead of having Ash lose badly like Unova or getting a cop out like Shinnoh.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's just an anime preview magazine, so it has nothing to do with Sun/Moon. It did confirm upcoming anime episode titles, revealing that the league will start in June, however. Based on the translated descriptions over on Serebii, it seems to be rather underwhelming (IMO) given the XY Friends will be punching bags for Alain/Sawyer. Poor Mega Charizard Y.

It does at least confirm we'll see Ash's 6th Team member soon. It would be nice to see more Goodra, but Ash's team this saga is kind of bland (3 Flying Types?) so Pallet Town reserves might also be a smart option.

Am kind of hoping Team Flare will interrupt the league instead of having Ash lose badly like Unova or getting a cop out like Shinnoh.
At least with Sinnoh, he was still the only Trainer to defeat two Legendaries in a full battle onscreen. That's still pretty damn awesome.

It's his fight against Cameron that was dumb. Namely how Lucario curbstomped two of his Pokemon. If he had a 6th Pokemon, it might've been far more excusable. Most times when a Pokemon evolves, it tends to gain the reserves to win the current battle. Or current match(remember Kingler in the Kanto Pokemon league?).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This reminds me that I really need to watch Boku no Hero Academia, but I say that every week after watching the new Jojo episode and end up not having time or forgetting and the episodes just pile up
I'll get to it... eventually...

ElectroLightning

Banned via Warnings
NNID
kultava

Kid is a total bad ***. People want to say that he's not a hero he because didn't stop anything, the point being is that despite being 7, is that his first response was to fight back instead of submitting.

That takes a heck of a lot of guts to do that, it's not even ignorance because he's 7, it's courage. I'm sure any other 7 year old would've went and hid or started crying, he's definitely outside the norm.
What happened to the kid?

D

Deleted member

The Ace Attorney anime just can't decide its pacing, they spent an entire episode with the first investigation day of Case 4 but now the first day of the trial takes up only 2/3 of the episode while the rest is spent on the first half of the second investigation day, and it all felt rushed
They didn't even do von Karma justice, the guy doesn't even look half as intimidating as he was in the game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This Kingdom Hearts theory is extremely well thought out.

Like damn, I can actually see this being true.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So we are thinking about selling some Source Gaming t-shirts.

Be honest: Would you buy them?
Vote in the Twitter poll, or PM me.
If you pick "depends on the price" please let me know how much you would be willing to pay.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

To be fair, each of the Flying-types on his team have their weaknesses covered. Both Hawlucha and Noivern (as well as Goodra if it returns) are weak to Ice, but then you have Talonflame who is part Fire. Hawlucha, Talonflame, and Greninja are weak to Electric-types, but then you have Pikachu who resists that type (Goodra as well if it returns, while he also has Noivern where Electric attacks do neutral damage to it). Talonflame and Noivern are both weak to Rock, but Greninja takes care of that Rock weakness perfectly. Greninja, Hawlucha, and Noivern (and Goodra if it returns) are weak to Fairy, but Talonflame resists that type.

The magazine also revealed that Remo and Astrid will compete in the Kalos League. For those who don't remember who they are, Remo is that Mega Garchomp trainer that Alain fought in the end of Mega Evolution Act 1, while Astrid is the trainer directly based off the female Ace Trainer class in X/Y that owns a Mega Absol. She first appeared in the beginning of Mega Evolution Act 1 where she fought Alain and in the beginning of the Diancie movie where she fought Ash.

And it looks like Sawyer has his Sceptilite on the bookmark of his notebook. Nice touch.

I'd also be interested to see Team Flare interrupt the League. That could make for some interesting development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom