• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh wait-ugh, **** me...

Didn't even notice there was a new poll up there.

*sneaks in a vote for color splash*

And that reminds me I have to get braces done this summer....

Golly gee, can't wait to get shrapnel and crap in my mouth!

Gonna be the BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!
I literally just got my braces put in last week.

They stop hurting when you try to chew things after a few days and it's mostly normal after that. I even had a sly fizzy drink today because screw it, it was part of the pizza meal I got.

The only pain in the butt is that cleaning your teeth becomes tedious.

You do your brushing as normal, but that obviously can't cover all of your teeth any more because of the braces. Then you have to use interdental brushes to brush under the braces. Then you have to floss, which is super tedious and sometimes I have to skip it if I'm in a rush or exhausted because it can take a while. And then you finish with the mouth wash.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
im i really only one of two people hope for #FE. Its like the only wii u game that worth while

Burruni

Smash Hero
im i really only one of two people hope for #FE. Its like the only wii u game that worth while
After DS:CS, the lack of a dub... honestly, for me, will be a hit to the value of getting into the story. And that, along with being spoiled on two major things of it... yeah I lost my drive for the title.

D

Deleted member

It panders too much to otaku for my tastes. I don't s ee it appealing to the masses, but enjoy what you enjoy.

I still have too many Wii U games I haven't purchased yet to be too concerned with games anyway on the system anyways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Even if I did want #FE, I likely wouldn't be near done with Fates by the time it comes out.

3 FE games on one cart is enough FE for me, for the time being.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So you are personally not bothered by the game's censorship at all?

Not like I mind, but the gameplay it what really matters. I heard that the difficulty is as hard as any other Atlus RPG. That basically sold me on the game immediately.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
That Minecraft-ish Dragon Quest game (DQ Builders) is confirmed for the west. I might have to get a Vita for this. Wonder if it'll have multiplayer? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I've really got to say, that this game wasn't something that I wanted, but it become something I never thought would happen. An RPG all about the Japanese industry and the J-Pop genre of music. I'm actually glad that Avex was willing to take the risk that try something different when they teamed up with Atlus and Nintendo. It even warms my hear when the entire team actually liked what they did and want more out of it. Still kind of jealous about the concert, but that's what Miku's debut in Chicago was for. It was definitely that one game that will definitely be one of my last few Wii U purchases.

As for the censorship itself, some I can understand while other parts just made me went "Why?". We get it Nintendo of America, you love hipster jokes so much that you cram them in games like Sticker Star and Splatoon. Chapter 2 had a lot of potential in tackling the gravure (swimsuit) side of the industry. Hell, even the whole struggle Tsubasa had was to be comfortable with her body when it came to certain clothing. In the end, we get the Rebellious Hipster Clothing Worship. The other stuff I would care less for, but what happened with this chapter is kind of baffling on NoA's part. That's essentially removing some vital character development for her. Never mind the optional hot springs being banned because bishounen dong is too much for the American eyes.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As for the censorship itself, some I can understand while other parts just made me went "Why?". We get it Nintendo of America, you love hipster jokes so much that you cram them in games like Sticker Star and Splatoon. Chapter 2 had a lot of potential in tackling the gravure (swimsuit) side of the industry. Hell, even the whole struggle Tsubasa had was to be comfortable with her body when it came to certain clothing. In the end, we get the Rebellious Hipster Clothing Worship.
But haven't you heard, making fun of hipsters is the coolest thing for Nintendo of America to do. :troll:

The ONLY his other joke I can take out of them was DJ Octavio's characterization. He actually kind of boring in Japan/Europe while he sounds so much more interesting in my copy of Splatoon. The hipster joke in Sticker Star is a reminder of how god awful the humor is in that game. As for the infamous Hipster Tsubasa change, it just looks plain silly. You would only hear jokes about a rebellious urban girl looking good in the South or other "down-low" places in an urban neighborhood/town.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I thought Splatoon's writing was pretty good to be honest. Even when there's bad jokes, it was done intentionally (for example Callie's terrible "fleek" and "snowbae" joke in where Marie criticized her for how bad it was)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I won't buy the #FE thing. Not because of what happened it but rather I'm not a player of either series. I've tried Fire Emblem with The Sacred Stones that I got for my 3DS but it just didn't click for me. Plus I never tried Shin Megani Tensei.

And so Sonic Runners, I do feel bad for those who enjoyed it. I never played it due to my dislike of Free-to-start mobile games and that endless runners isn't my cup of tea.

Ill buy #FE when it's cheap. It looks fine but im not paying full price for it. Especially when i haven't played FE1, which it references

People were talking about having war when they should be protecting nature. I know someone who can handle BOTH jobs.

Just use reset bombs!

Eliminate the threat while also helping the planet!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Naoshi

As someone who doesn't follow news about the developers of Saints Row but I sure hope they will announce the fifth game at E3. I need more Saints Row in my life! Anyone ever played those games? I loved 3 and 4, played a bit of 2 but it kept crashing because the PC port was really shoddy.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I have heard next to nothing about #FE, so I have practically nothing to say about it.

I mean, hopefully the game is at least ok, but from what I've been hearing from all of you, it doesn't seem so.

Sonic Runners
Huh, didn't know they made a second endless runner game for sonic.

How long did it last for? Seems recent.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have heard next to nothing about #FE, so I have practically nothing to say about it.

I mean, hopefully the game is at least ok, but from what I've been hearing from all of you, it doesn't seem so.

Huh, didn't know they made a second endless runner game for sonic.

How long did it last for? Seems recent.
It soft launched in Japan and Canada on February 2015.

Launched worldwide a few months later, can't remember exactly when. Around May or June 2015 IIRC.

Naoshi

The otaku/idol stuff thing aside (reallllyy not my thing lol) I heard the game itself is actually good.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
maybe i should've added more saracasm to my last post lol.
So you are personally not bothered by the game's censorship at all?

Not like I mind, but the gameplay it what really matters. I heard that the difficulty is as hard as any other Atlus RPG. That basically sold me on the game immediately.
i dont really care for the whole censorship debate going on in gaming.i say just let people play the game they wanna play it.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of the thread poll, I see two votes on EOV, who is the other sexy individual? ;^)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
#FE isn't really the kind of game that appeals to me.

I'm not into the J-pop idol aspect of Japanese pop culture in the first place.

I'm not even THAT much into Japanese stuff contrary to what might seem. Video games, manga and anime are pretty much all the Japanese stuff I'm invested into. I also like learning about the actual culture of Japan (like history and mythology, not otaku stuff), but considering that I've learned plenty of stuff about other foreign countries/cultures, Japan isn't really a special snowflake in that regard.

My main motivation to learn Japanese is pretty much the same as why I learned English in the first place: to overcome certain language barriers that come with my hobbies. I had to learn English to enjoy video games to their fullest, after all. (And post on Internet forums, I suppose. :p)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"This cow was caught, killed, and cut up for rations, for THE GLORY OF HOOOSSH-IDO!!!"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Marth will not be participating in the next iteration of Super Smash Bros.

He is being replaced.

By abs.

Also god damn he only gave her two EXP.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel like I'm gonna need context on this one
Tsubasa's pelvic lines in the Feel! music video was censored in the Western versions of Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Needless to say, they've lit something much worse than the Fates censorship controversy.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tsubasa's pelvic lines in the Feel! music video was censored in the Western versions of Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Needless to say, they've lit something much worse than the Fates censorship controversy.
No, not even close.

Fates started the whole #TorrentialDownpour movement before the game's international launch. While not that many people even dared to protest with Nintendo of America at the NYC demo showing of Tokyo Mirage Sessiosn today. Goes to show that they are all bark and no bite.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I feel old...I'm not that hyped for any of these games really. I'm in the "wait and see" mode for the majority of this list.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Since someone brought the subject, here is the original "vagina bones" tweet in all its glory:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The vagina doesn't have bones. It's just the pelvic bones... Which both sexes have. lol

Conclusion: someone didn't pay attention to biology classes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No, not even close.

Fates started the whole #TorrentialDownpour movement before the game's international launch. While not that many people even dared to protest with Nintendo of America at the NYC demo showing of Tokyo Mirage Sessiosn today. Goes to show that they are all bark and no bite.
Perhaps you may be right. They were talking pretty big about protesting and nothing happened. From videos I've seen of the event, people enjoyed the game and got free T-Shirts for playing it. Not one single fight over censorship even happened at the event.

But then again, people would probably still use the Torrential Downpour movement for this game since it already exists.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>I once got infracted by a mod here for mentioning the word "breasts" on the grounds that "breasts are female genitalia and you cannot talk about that"
>Now I'm witnessing a mod talk about vaginas

So did I miss a rule change or are the mods just that out of sync on this site? :dizzy:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Since someone brought the subject, here is the original "vagina bones" tweet in all its glory:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The vagina doesn't have bones. It's just the pelvic bones... Which both sexes have. lol

Conclusion: someone didn't pay attention to biology classes.
Well, at least this means she wouldn't have to be censored for Smash unlike Female Corrin. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom