• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We were talking about animé?
My top 5 are
  • Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Nichijou
  • Steins;Gate
  • Hellsing Ultimate
  • Watamote
Should I include Doraemon or Crayon Shin Chan though? Those are long runners but I enjoy them just as much.

:231:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Did someone say anime?
These are top 5 off the top of my head.

1.Samurai Champloo
2.One Punch Man
3. Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
4. Great Teacher Onizuka
5.Death Parade

Fate/Zero may knock off one of these later. its so awesome right now.
also its 15 till 4 over here and don't feel sleepy.
send help.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Battlefield 1 looks pretty good.

Nice to see modern shooter pay attention to World War I. Those are a rare bunch.

:231:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know what I am interested in hearing more about? The initial line-ups of shows Nintendo has in their sleves given they confirmed they were making Nintendo animes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder how Nintendo will handle distribution and streaming of their own anime, assuming they'll be doing seasonal anime like most producers.

Knowing Nintendo and how they're quite sui generis to a degree, I wouldn't be surprised if they made their own service. One likely compatible with their devices (i.e. 3DS, Wii U and possibly NX and other future consoles) and usage of a Nintendo Network ID.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wonder how Nintendo will handle distribution and streaming of their own anime, assuming they'll be doing seasonal anime like most producers.

Knowing Nintendo and how they're quite sui generis to a degree, I wouldn't be surprised if they made their own service. One likely compatible with their devices (i.e. 3DS, Wii U and possibly NX and other future consoles) and usage of a Nintendo Network ID.
I wouldn't be surprised, should such a service be implemented, if said hypothetical service was used as one of the draws of NX. I could also see Nintendo teaming up with Disney given that Disney expressed interest in working with Nintendo.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wouldn't be surprised, should such a service be implemented, if said hypothetical service was used as one of the draws of NX. I could also see Nintendo teaming up with Disney given that Disney expressed interest in working with Nintendo.
I finally want to see the legit image of Disney and Nintendo just coming together having a picture of Mickey Mouse and Mario shaking hands like this:

But with a giant, orgasismic explosion of nebula and galaxies coming together for the first time ever.

That and imagine a legit Nintendo/Disney crossover making something more interesting and cooler than Kingdom Hearts

Metroid and Star Fox existing in the Star Wars universe and Opossum Opossum having an actual reason to play F-Zero since Captain Falcon is in the Marvel universe

And Rosalina and Elsa for that true waifu war

D

Deleted member

This is not how you end a chapter what the ****

I don't know what to believe in anymore, everything I know is a lie

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I finally want to see the legit image of Disney and Nintendo just coming together having a picture of Mickey Mouse and Mario shaking hands like this:

But with a giant, orgasismic explosion of nebula and galaxies coming together for the first time ever.

That and imagine a legit Nintendo/Disney crossover making something more interesting and cooler than Kingdom Hearts

Metroid and Star Fox existing in the Star Wars universe and Opossum Opossum having an actual reason to play F-Zero since Captain Falcon is in the Marvel universe

And Wreck-It Ralph should immediately remember and personally know the Mario cast. :p Leaving everyone else really confused.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

You just know an epic Nintendo vs Disney crossover announced with a trailer of Mario and Mickey facing off against each other would be collossal news.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I mean.

I know the joke is "oh they both have a cyan dress and blonde hair they looks so alike, durrhurr".

But the idea of Rosalina VS Elsa is like, I dunno...Captain America VS a Goomba or something.

I don't get why people don't realise how silly of an idea it would be. The extent of Elsa's powers barely compares to other Disney characters and Nintendo characters. Even forgetting the bit about Rosalina basically being the Mario universe equivalent to god, the fundamental detail of how Rosalina has control over stars, a.k.a balls of intense heat, just makes the idea of pitting Elsa against her braindead. And she has water powers (Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition), so she could effectively take advantage of Elsa's powers anyway.

And you know...in her own movie, Elsa could barely handle a group of bog standard soldiers. And nearly was killed by Hans.

IMO, Rosalina VS Maleficent would be way more interesting, and makes way more sense thematically. Rosalina still curb stomps her but you can take some liberties and tone Rosalina down like they always do just to make it a more believable fight (Rosalina is sometimes officially called a witch, so you could look at it as "Light Witch VS Dark Witch"). Elsa's still screwed even if you tone Rosalina down, though.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The poll has been updated! I might've added one or two responses ;) (Multiple answers are okay too)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The poll has been updated! I might've added one or two responses ;) (Multiple answers are okay too)
I have a feeling Zoroarking isn't gonna like the Etrian Odyssey typo though. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No KH 2.8 on the list or Sonic 25th Anniversary game, so I voted South Park.

I actually forgot all about that game, but Stick of Truth was amazing and I am a huge fan of the show.

D

Deleted member

What poll? Judging from Opossum'a reply it's the "what games are you hyped for?" but where is it? Link please
EDIT: Nevermind I'm dumb, didn't realize the thread poll was updated
I have a feeling Zoroarking isn't gonna like the Etrian Odyssey typo though. :p
It's already a start to have it on a poll
One step at a time

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
ITT: Games that were never mentioned yesterday when I asked what people were hyped for. :p

They're all added now, along with an Other option. Vote changing is allowed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No no I didn't mean it that way.
I just haven't heard much about that game's update since E3 LAST year and wondered if it was still coming this year
It's still slated for this October, though they said they are willing to delay it if they feel it's necessary.

ITT: Games that were never mentioned yesterday when I asked what people were hyped for. :p

They're all added now, along with an Other option. Vote changing is allowed.
I didn't know that's what the poll was spawned from.

I might have been asleep when that was going on.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And Wreck-It Ralph should immediately remember and personally know the Mario cast. :p Leaving everyone else really confused.
I kinda forgot about him. Shame.

You just know an epic Nintendo vs Disney crossover announced with a trailer of Mario and Mickey facing off against each other would be collossal news.
You remember how the Internet broke when Cloud's trailer was released, imagine that but with magnitude x10.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Could the current poll be turned into it's own topic/thread? Given how quickly this thread goes through pages that's a lot of extra scrolling especially if you're playing catch up or are on your phone.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also PushDustIn PushDustIn

Where's Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? That has a confirmation that it will be released this year and Dragon Quest 7/8 localization

I just noticed that I mentioned 2 games that Akira Toriyama worked on

I mean.

I know the joke is "oh they both have a cyan dress and blonde hair they looks so alike, durrhurr".

But the idea of Rosalina VS Elsa is like, I dunno...Captain America VS a Goomba or something.

I don't get why people don't realise how silly of an idea it would be. The extent of Elsa's powers barely compares to other Disney characters and Nintendo characters. Even forgetting the bit about Rosalina basically being the Mario universe equivalent to god, the fundamental detail of how Rosalina has control over stars, a.k.a balls of intense heat, just makes the idea of pitting Elsa against her braindead. And she has water powers (Puzzles & Dragons: SMB Edition), so she could effectively take advantage of Elsa's powers anyway.

And you know...in her own movie, Elsa could barely handle a group of bog standard soldiers. And nearly was killed by Hans.

IMO, Rosalina VS Maleficent would be way more interesting, and makes way more sense thematically. Rosalina still curb stomps her but you can take some liberties and tone Rosalina down like they always do just to make it a more believable fight (Rosalina is sometimes officially called a witch, so you could look at it as "Light Witch VS Dark Witch"). Elsa's still screwed even if you tone Rosalina down, though.
I didn't mean a Death Battle but a "Waifu War", that's different

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Looking at the poll... there's only one game I'm really looking forward to on it.

Though I haven't the time or money to really play games like I used to, so there are some that I would've liked to get at some point.

It just reminded me that Zelda U got delayed and pushed to the NX too...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also PushDustIn PushDustIn

Where's Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? That has a confirmation that it will be released this year and Dragon Quest 7/8 localization

I just noticed that I mentioned 2 games that Akira Toriyama worked on

I didn't mean a Death Battle but a "Waifu War", that's different
In that case, Rosalina still curbstomps her because she's got way more to her character and overall seems like a flat out more pleasant person to be around.

And she covers more fetishes if you wanna look at it from that angle. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For real though, if they make a Nintendo/Disney crossover, I hope it ain't just Smash or Mario Kart with Disney characters.

I want it to be an adventure game or an RPG that actually uses the characters and has them interact.

A lot of crossover games/crossover content in games these days are literally just putting characters together and having them aimlessly fight or race each other soullessly with a minimal amount of their actual personality coming through. It's almost like crossovers are becoming a money grabbing fad.

Crossovers like Kingdom Hearts and Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright are the best kind as you actually get to see these characters interact, but you still get the flashy scenes anime/comic book meatheads enjoy.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In that case, Rosalina still curbstomps her because she's got way more to her character and overall seems like a flat out more pleasant person to be around.

And she covers more fetishes if you wanna look at it from that angle. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For real though, if they make a Nintendo/Disney crossover, I hope it ain't just Smash or Mario Kart with Disney characters.

I want it to be an adventure game or an RPG that actually uses the characters and has them interact.

A lot of crossover games/crossover content in games these days are literally just putting characters together and having them aimlessly fight or race each other soullessly with a minimal amount of their actual personality coming through. It's almost like crossovers are becoming a money grabbing fad.

Crossovers like Kingdom Hearts and Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright are the best kind as you actually get to see these characters interact, but you still get the flashy scenes anime/comic book meatheads enjoy.
Either an RPG or a vs Capcom styled fighting game (with the unique quotes and stuff) would work best, I think, since they'd more easily allow for character interactions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Either an RPG or a vs Capcom styled fighting game (with the unique quotes and stuff) would work best, I think, since they'd more easily allow for character interactions.
I won't mind a fighting game if they actually include the character interactions. Or any kind of genre really.

It's just that fighting games and racing games and the like are usually what they pick for crossovers when they don't know how to make the characters interact and say "screw it, just have them beat the crap out of each other for no reason, people will eat it up anyway".

D

Deleted member

I was tired of all the bull**** Lunatic was throwing at me in Conquest Chapter 20 so I decided to just say "**** it"
Gave Xander Keaton as a pair up bot and Shura for Corrin
By abusing the wind and Warp I was able to reach the boss easily and Corrin could just ORKO him with Calamity Gate, then she crit, talk about overkill
Though it would have been pretty much impossible if Aegis hadn't triggered on Xander when a mage attacked him, skill buying saves lives

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Based bord, has what I've been wanting for a while and that's a third person perspective Pokemon game.

Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix
Rhythm Heaven Fever is such an amazing game and sold me on this franchise, and I'll be getting this day one for sure. Super hyped for this.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
I admit I'm not one for fanservice, but I do love the art style and hope this is gonna be a great game.

Ace Attorney 6
Got into Ace Attorney literally last year and I've already beaten 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and VS Layton. Needless to say, I'm hooked on this franchise, it's fantastic.

Mysterious Sanic Gum
I can only hope it's Modern Sonic from Sonic Generations and not a crappy Lost World type of game. SEGA needs to stick to one style for a while, it'll really help people feel comfortable and accustomed to him if he isn't changing every game.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Xenoverse was all right, definitely a step in the right direction for DBZ games as they've been lackluster after the amazing Tenkaichi 3. I hope this game adds a bit more fluidity, and well, make it a little more like Tenkaichi series in how actiony it is. Definitely interested, however.

Dragon Quest 8
I've been waiting to play this one for a while since this is the first Dragon Quest game where the characters are shown in 3D in combat and well, I don't really enjoy playing RPGs where I can't see the character I'm playing in combat. Looking forward to this.

D

Deleted member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom