• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since people are talking about anime, what are all of your top 5 animes of all time?

Mine are:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
K-On!
ToraDora
and Digimon Adventure 01

Runner ups are Your Lie In April, Lucky Star, Pokemon (only Indigo, Johto, and Orange Islands), Sailor Moon, and the first season of Rosario + Vampire (season 2 is garbage).
Dunno if I could break down like that but I will list one of my favourites in five different genres:

Action: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Comedy: Assassination Classroom
Sci-Fi: Steins;Gate
Thriller/Horror: Parasyte: -the maxim- (to be honest though I just find this show borderline shonen anime)
Ecchi: Heaven's Lost Property

D

Deleted member

Dragon Ball Z
One Piece (Not modern, though)
Part 1 Naruto
Rurouni Kenshin
Pokemon (Early)

Ugh I can't do top 5 so I'll go ahead and add Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, so if Mega Evolutions are supposed to be the equivalent of Mega-leveled Digimon, then the so-called Synchro evolutions would almost be like the Synchro summoning feature that's in Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Haha possibly. Depends on what they do with it. At least they shared the idea copying
:laugh:

D

Deleted member

Imagine if someone said "X won't have any black actors in it, and that's a beautiful thing"
Just goes to show how the world is still the same, just with the roles reversed

Since people are talking about anime, what are all of your top 5 animes of all time?

Mine are:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
K-On!
ToraDora
and Digimon Adventure 01

Runner ups are Your Lie In April, Lucky Star, Pokemon (only Indigo, Johto, and Orange Islands), Sailor Moon, and the first season of Rosario + Vampire (season 2 is garbage).
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Phantom Blood
JJBA Battle Tendecy
JJBA Stardust Crusaders
JJBA Diamond is not Crash
The JJBA Stardust Crusaders OVA

I don't watch much anime so it's kinda hard to make a list, but FMAB and One Punch Man are definitely two of my favorites and I'm loving The Seven Deadly Sins so far(though I'm reading the manga)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Top 5 anime? Difficult question.

In no particular order:
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Parasyte
- Death Note
- Code Geass
- Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)

Honorable mentions:
- Attack on Titan
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan
- Durarara!!
- Noragami (and the 2nd season, Noragami Aragoto)

Less honorable mentions (AKA go read the manga as the anime don't do enough justice):
- Soul Eater
- Blue Exorcist
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- Blood Lad

From the currently airing season, those have had some positive impressions so far:
- Boku no Hero Academia
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
- Joker Game
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096

Last and definitely least, the corner of shame (i.e. the anime I recommend NOT watching):
- Sword Art Online
- Comet Lucifer

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay, so if Mega Evolutions are supposed to be the equivalent of Mega-leveled Digimon, then the so-called Synchro evolutions would almost be like the Synchro summoning feature that's in Yu-Gi-Oh!.
I think the Synchro Evolution thing would be more similar to the Synchronization of Megaman NT Warrior rather than Yu-gi-oh, especially if the intention of this synchro evolution thing is that the Pokemon looks alot more like it's trainer while being stronger in general. In NT Warrior, the synchoring thing was that the Net Battler got it's Navi abilities and looked alot like their Navi, but having traits that were still part of the Net Battler, like eyes or other noticeable things.
With Yu-gi-oh, Synchro Summoning was more of a FusionXTributeSummon combination. Basically, take 4 cute little buggers with 2 stars each to make a giant dragon, with the dragon having no resemblance or connections to the little buggers. A few Synchros did have specific monsters as requirements and did look similar to the required monster, in some cases, but I think the only ones were the Anime Important ones.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Top 5 anime? Difficult question.

In no particular order:
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Parasyte
- Death Note
- Code Geass
- Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)

Honorable mentions:
- Attack on Titan
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan
- Durarara!!
- Noragami (and the 2nd season, Noragami Aragoto)

Less honorable mentions (AKA go read the manga as the anime don't do enough justice):
- Soul Eater
- Blue Exorcist
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- Blood Lad

From the currently airing season, those have had some positive impressions so far:
- Boku no Hero Academia
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
- Joker Game
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096

Last and definitely least, the corner of shame (i.e. the anime I recommend NOT watching):
- Sword Art Online
- Comet Lucifer
I would honestly recommend watching SAO from a "one just has to watch how this goes down the drain for themselves" perspective.

And to be honest, at least the fight scenes are good and the music is great so it's OK as a "junk food" anime.

Then SAO2 is legitimately good except for the 3 episodes in the middle which are just filler.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
List of favorite anime?
Jojo I guess... That's basically the gist of anime I've been watching.
I've been moving more towards comics/manga myself.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SomecallmeJohnny posted a video to his Twitter that provided the best reaction image on the very last frame.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Any idea how to solve this?

I'm stumped...

Attachments

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why did you say I shouldn't watch this? Now I HAVE to
Real thanks for making me have to go through something that's on the same level as SAO
Seriously, don't. It's ****.

Plot is all over the place with pacing problems, like the first half has a snail's pace, then it's like the producers realized "oh, we had a story for this, right?" and rush it in the second half of the series.

Characters are boring and I've found myself asking multiple times "why am I watching this crap?", though to its credit it has some nice action scenes with mecha and a few unexpected plot twists, but it could have been so much better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I'm stumped...
Just reading this almost hurts my mind....

I'd say a diagonal cut works, but at the same time, I can see it being parallel, especially with a straight through the middle cut. I don't have any answers, but I've seen similar problems. It's root of solving comes from an algebra equation I believe. The answer's simple if it's like the problems I'm thinking of, but it takes some thought into it. Hopefully someone can provide a better answer though, and sorry for not being much of a help, but I kind see where the confusion comes from.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, don't. It's ****.

Plot is all over the place with pacing problems, like the first half has a snail's pace, then it's like the producers realized "oh, we had a story for this, right?" and rush it in the second half of the series.

Characters are boring and I've found myself asking multiple times "why am I watching this crap?", though to its credit it has some nice action scenes with mecha and a few unexpected plot twists, but it could have been so much better.
Must... resist.. temptation

I'm stumped...
I'm almost sure it's NOT a diagonal cut because that would be too obvious but it seems that's the only way to separate it into two equal pieces

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think with the FMA thing, the context is really important, even if the headline is tacky.

Whitewashing of typically Asian roles has been a recurring controversy throughout the year, most notably with Ghost in the Shell (with casting Scarlet Johansson in the lead role when she's normally Japanese in the source material) and Doctor Strange (with casting Tilda Swinton in the role of the normally-a-Tibetan-man Ancient One, though this one is more China's fault than anything else and is a huge can of worms). It really is a notable issue. So in that sense, seeing a film with an entirely Asian cast could be seen as a refreshing thing.

Though it's really odd they're saying that considering it's being made in Japan and not Hollywood.

Last edited:
Top 5 anime
1. Space Dandy
2. Mobile Suit Gundam (I still have like 3 episodes left though :x)
3. One piece
4. Fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood (I probably have a few hundred episodes left. They are in that one fort in the snow with winry escaping through a mine or something)
5. One Punch Man

Watcibg Seinfeld when "THAT'S GOLD JERRY" happens. Well nice to know the origin of a reaction gif. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Everyone's listing their favourite anime....I feel like I'm waaay out of the loop since I almost never watch any anime...

I can list all the anime I have watched....at least partially watched...maybe a little....

-Pokemon here and there...
-Digimon first season...a little of the second season
-Dragon Ball Z....like 15 years ago...
-Attack on Titan...heard good things and gave it a try...thought it was pretty decent...

Those are literally the only ones worth mentioning...any others are like one or two episodes...

D

Deleted member

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Actually, I just realized there's another possible way to solve it
But that would require knowing its dimensions
Basically, start by calculating the area of the cake and subtracting the area of the hole, then divide the result by 2 and cut the cake in a way that the side without the hole has the result of this calculation, both sides will be equal

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Dunno if I could break down like that but I will list one of my favourites in five different genres:

Action: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Comedy: Assassination Classroom
Sci-Fi: Steins;Gate
Thriller/Horror: Parasyte: -the maxim- (to be honest though I just find this show borderline shonen anime)
Ecchi: Heaven's Lost Property
Oh crap, I completely forgot Steins;Gate, it was amazing.

Time travel has always been my favourite sci-fi genre.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was thinking on making some Fire Emblem Fates comic doodles. Not sure if I will carry through with it, but I did this little practice doodle of a drawing based on my avatar's sprite in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/LyuSSgM.png

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Actually, I just realized there's another possible way to solve it
But that would require knowing its dimensions
Basically, start by calculating the area of the cake and subtracting the area of the hole, then divide the result by 2 and cut the cake in a way that the side without the hole has the result of this calculation, both sides will be equal
But can you cut that with one stroke?

Chrono.

Top 5 anime?

Off the top of my head:
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Gundam Build Fighters
- Gintama
- Kyoukai no Kanata
- Hunter X Hunter, I guess

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Top 5 anime? Might as well (from the anime I watched).

1) Fate/Zero
2) Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
3) Shigatsu wa Kimi no Osu (Your Lie in April)
4) Attack on Titan
5) Clannad: After Story

Some honorable mentions go to Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun) because it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, Ore Monogatari (My Love Story), Dragon Ball Z in the early days, Kirby Right Back at Ya (easily one of my favorite TV shows as a kid), and the Pokemon series (particularly the original series and the XY/XY&Z series).

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Favorite in no particular order:
HxH
One Punch Man
FMA
JJBA : All of it
One Piece

Honorable mention to Death Note and Kill la Kill.

It's hard to do list like these.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in my life.

Warning about ONE swear word on the last second because we're all five year olds.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Fav Five Anime are:

1. FMA: Brotherhood
  2. Dragon Ball Z
  3. JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
  4. Digimon Tamers
  5. Persona 4: The Animation (despite all that "QUALITY"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Warning about ONE swear word on the last second because we're all five year olds.

Oh this is what I have seen edits of this for? I love this scene. I saw them put it over another anime, I think it was RWBY actually.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh this is what I have seen edits of this for? I love this scene. I saw them put it over another anime, I think it was RWBY actually.
So what you're saying is that people have been replacing anime with soup?

And that all anime stores will become soup stores?

I'm down with that.

D

Deleted member

Masochist. >:)

I would actually try to solve it, but considering it's 1 AM for me, I'm not really on my best condition to do it.

Gotta be heading to sleep. Sorry! :ohwell:
I started Awakening Lunatic knowing full well what was ahead of me
I'm pretty sure I am a masochist
But can you cut that with one stroke?
Well, yes, if you know the exact area then it's simple
I'd do a mockup but lol pic editing on mobile

I remember watching that a long time ago
Is it actually from the anime or is it some YTP?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I mainly remember this from the version with ORAS's Maxie and Archie. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom