• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be honest gaming as a whole hasn't interested me lately. This year will probably be a more "catching up on games" year than anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to rumors

The XBOX One - 2, or whatever they are calling it

Is supposed to be more powerful than the upgraded PS4

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know there's something wrong when you play this song when you date IRL

Half Genie Hero, Planet Robobot, Pokemon Sun (Praise the sun!), Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Final Fantasy XV, and TMS to a lesser extent are my anticipated games of the year.
Damn it Azure, because of you, i want to dance when i have to go soon to bed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can someone explain the "anime fan on prom night" joke to me? Is it about them being stereotypically shut-ins?

(Yeah, I just saw the MM9 trailer to see what the hullabaloo was all about...
I don't remember the last time I cringed as hard as when I heard "DO YOU LIKE AWESOME THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME?")

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never went to prom

Although I kind of regret it

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just leaving this here to remind you all:

Can someone explain the "anime fan on prom night" joke to me? Is it about them being stereotypically shut-ins?

I don't remember the last time I cringed as hard as when I heard "DO YOU LIKE AWESOME THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME?")

I don't there is an explanation for the joke apart from someone thought it was a good idea, someone stuck it in a script, and someone holding all their dignity had to speak it.

What the hell is going on over there?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't there is an explanation for the joke apart from someone thought it was a good idea, someone stuck it in a script, and someone holding all their dignity had to speak it.

What the hell is going on over there?
I meant the context for the 'joke'.

Since we don't have proms here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Been on hold for over an hour
>Been holding off lunch even though i'm hungry
>Been forced to listen to the same two 3 second melodies followed by "We are busy at this time, please hold" this entire time

"Hello?"
"Hi I would like to-"
*Employee hangs up*

Current mood:
Can't you email the company about this? They usually have different people for emails and phone calls. You'd probably be able to get your problem solved by going "Dear Sir or Madam, I called today because of *insert the reason you called* but after waiting for an employee to pick up the phone, they hung up immediately. I would like to report this lack of service, the call was made at *insert time here*"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It's a joke about anime fans being the stereotypical shut-in, generally overweight neckbeards who couldn't get a date to prom, usually due to lack of social skills or personal hygiene.

It's also funny because basically the only people in my graduating class who didn't go to prom were the Anime Club. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I meant the context for the 'joke'.

Since we don't have proms here.

Proms are the school dances, a social event in which students are required to find a date. If you read/saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire you'd realize the dance in the middle of the story is essentially a prom. The joke is that nerds stereotypically never get dates do to lack of social skills and being too nerdy for a girl to date, and watching anime is highly considered nerdy. What Comcept forgot was how Mega Man had highly successful anime, and if you played Mega Man, you most likely were an anime fan, therefore, if you had any interest left in MN9, you'd be angered by how the trailer outright insulted you for being a fan of a popular form of media

D

Deleted member

Yes...I want Nintendo to make more Metroid games but I'm not going to throw money at any old game they give us...
Like I said this needs to be more than just a game with 'Metroid' in the title...because if this is not what I want in a metroid game then by buying the game I'm asking for Nintendo to make more of what I don't want...
To me, Metroid as a franchise needs more than just numbers to have a better future...it needs to get back on track...
Yeah, I'd like an ideal scenario such as that as well. However, it's about the only real way we can show we're still interested in Metroid to Nintendo. I mean, yeah there is a chance they might make another one of these games, but I personally think this is their interest check on Metroid (albeit executed not in the best way), but I think they are trying to appeal to a broader audience and Metroid hasn't ever really been a huge hit, not that it needs to be but yeah.

But yeah, I understand what you're saying.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the design is fine, except for...that face.

I actually really like the rest of it. It's Tron-ish. :p

ALSO
There's gonna be a new poll about games you're hyped for coming out this year. Leave some suggestions for poll options! You're not limited to just Nintendo.
I saw my other hypes mentioned, but what about Zelda U? the wii u version will probably come out first.
And I got the everyone's friend award as well lol. The title's perfect for this thread right now.
So I just finished watching the newest episode of Pokemon XY&Z because that loss to Wulfric left me hanging.

This is the episode where Ash and Greninja finally master the Ash-Greninja form. Ash realizes that he's been focusing too much on power rather than the bond, and by focusing on the bond, he can take full advantage of the form. We see the first use of the fully mastered form when Ash uses Greninja to save a Spewpa from falling off a cliff when the tree branch he and that Pokemon were on a tree branch during the snowstorm.

Probably my favorite bit as it at the end where they did a throwback to the episode to the episode when Ash first caught Froakie when Greninja kneeled down and rolled the Pokeball toward Ash. They then flashback to that similar scene with Froakie. Ash and Greninja then give each other a fist bump. Not going to lie, but that scene moved me a little. Here's a link to a tumblr page that shows the parallels.

Next episode is going to be hell'a hype though. It's the Ash vs Wulfric rematch, and this time, Wulfric will use a Mega Absomasnow. Now that the Ash Greninja form has been mastered, get ready to see some more hype fights from here on out, the league episodes in particular. Speaking of the League, the Pokemon League will take place Lumious City. Pretty surprising because I was expecting it to take place in front of that castle where it's normally located, though the League stadium already looks pretty cool!

As for my other thoughts about this episode, I'm going to enclose it in a spoilers tag since it's quite the wall of text:

Remember the big Ash x Serena scene in the preview where Serena manages to find Ash? Well, here's how it turned out.

When I said that something bad was going to happen, this was exactly what I had in mind. I called it!

For those who are wondering what's going on here, Ash apologizes to Serena for leaving so suddenly. Serena tells him that if there's anything wrong, he should talk to her, but Ash states he doesn't want to talk right now. Serena explains that she understands his pain by recounting how she just her first Pokemon Performance, but Ash lashes out and says she doesn't understand. Serena still encourages to have a conversation, but Ash still doesn't want to talk. She then throws a snowball at him, know visibly crying at this point, and says that Ash she knows is always optimistic and never gives up until the very end. She throws more snowballs at him, and then she says, "You're not the Ash I know!" She runs off, and Ash says, "Am I... not myself."

Amourshipping haters will probably look at this scene and think "This argument killed Amourshipping," but the one thing to keep in mind is that part of true love always involves arguments, so if anything, an argument can make a bond even stronger than before. Heck, when the snowstorm kicks in, Serena decides to help Ash and you can see she is still worried about him throughout the episode. By the end episode when Ash and the group reunite, Ash thanks Serena for getting mad at him because it helped him figure things out. Serena is visibly happy following that.

This episode even shows more of Ash's childhood far more than any other Pokemon series.

Again, no subs, but it's pretty easy to make out what's going on here. This side of Ash's childhood is even a nice parallel to Jack Walker's backstory in the Manaphy movie (Jack Walker was that Pokemon Ranger for those who forgot who he was). Another nice detail is that the five Pokemon Ash is with in the cave represents each generation of Pokemon minus generation 5 (Oddish = Generation 1, Sentret=Generation 2, Zigzagoon = Generation 3, Budew = Generation 4, Scatterbug = Generation 6). All of the Pokemon in the flashback are also generation 1 Pokemon, and when I saw the Caterpie, I was reminded of the Caterpie Ash caught (like, although very doubtful, the Caterpie later recognized Ash). Definitely a touching scene overall; it even gives context to why Ash loves Pokemon so much.

Team Rocket also wasn't annoying for once when they appeared. They try to capture Ash's Pikachu when they find it all alone, but they decide to give up on doing so when they realize Pikachu's Thunderbolts are not as strong as it normally is because he is still feeling down about Ash's absence. When they appear again after Ash returns, they feel pretty happy that Pikachu is back to his normal self with the powerful Thunderbolt attacks.

They even show Greninja's side of the issue. It escapes its Pokemon Center bed to search for Ash, and there's even a moment when it contemplates about it's recent losses. Puni-chan even manages to help it out by transforming into its 10% Forme, finding Ash through the nearby Zygarde cells, and telling Greninja about Ash's location.

There's even a pretty sweet scene where the Spewpas that Ash saves evolve into Vivillions and fly into the night sky after the snowstorm. I was reminded me of the episode when Ash released his Butterfree when I watched this scene. Heck, I think there's some deep symbolism. The Spewpas evolving into Vivillions and the flying off symbolizes how Ash and Greninja's relationship finally "evolved" and now it will go off into greater things to come (shocking that the Pokemon anime has been using some interesting symbolism; other examples of symbolism can be found in the Mega Evolution Act IV special and Pokemon XY&Z episode 8 to my knowledge).

On a concluding note, this episode is definitely one of my favorites in the entire XY series. This was the first time in a long while a Pokemon episode filled me with so many emotions all at once, reminding me why I returned to watching the Pokemon anime.
Pretty nice thoughts! The episode looks really great, and I want to watch it now, but I think I'll wait. Next's week's is interesting. I wonder why wulfric is using bergmite and how they go about the fight from this episode. It looks like this episode was very deep and emotional, so I have to give them that. Then after the fight, the next episode is the return of goodra. I wonder what will happen then. Betting that Goodra will either re join Ash or be able to fill in temporally in the league as the league is now right in Luminous. Hoping Ash also brings back old pokemon. I'm also gonna guess that after the league ends, the Team Flare arc will start.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, I'd like an ideal scenario such as that as well. However, it's about the only real way we can show we're still interested in Metroid to Nintendo. I mean, yeah there is a chance they might make another one of these games, but I personally think this is their interest check on Metroid (albeit executed not in the best way), but I think they are trying to appeal to a broader audience and Metroid hasn't ever really been a huge hit, not that it needs to be but yeah.

Nintendo's dumb, but they aren't outright morons. If they saw the backlash for Fed Force, which they did, Tanabe, the director of the game, commented on it, they would HAVE to know WHY there was backlash despite the demand for a new Metroid

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I might have been able to get a date for prom, there were girls that thought I was attractive

I just ...actually don't have very good social skills

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So you guys remember that concept that Archie had a while back for a Mario comic series? To bad they didn't pitch around this time, what with Nintendo expanding its brand now, Archie may have been able to pick up the license for a Mario comic series now.

Which does actually bring me to an interesting idea, if Nintendo had a comic line for its properties, do you think the comic would be apart of the same universe ala DC Comics and Marvel Comics?

Also just a random thought I had, since Atlus is going to be at E3, chances are they may have some kiosks of Tokyp Mirage Session #FE set up, since Nintendo seems to have let Atlus take the charge of advertising it.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo's dumb, but they aren't outright morons. If they saw the backlash for Fed Force, which they did, Tanabe, the director of the game, commented on it, they would HAVE to know WHY there was backlash despite the demand for a new Metroid
The people who have the power to "OK" games pay more attention to numbers. I mean, Other M pretty much semi killed the series due to reputation of the game, but Nintendo stopped making Metroid for a bit there because of the sales were so low. I feel the situation is similar, unless Nintendo has changed within that time frame.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So you guys remember that concept that Archie had a while back for a Mario comic series? To bad they didn't pitch around this time, what with Nintendo expanding its brand now, Archie may have been able to pick up the license for a Mario comic series now.

Which does actually bring me to an interesting idea, if Nintendo had a comic line for its properties, do you think the comic would be apart of the same universe ala DC Comics and Marvel Comics?
I guess it'd all depend on how much creative power the comic publisher and Nintendo have respectively, though I could see it being a thing. Maybe not in the a shared universe like DC or Marvel, but crossovers I'm sure would happen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's a joke about anime fans being the stereotypical shut-in, generally overweight neckbeards who couldn't get a date to prom, usually due to lack of social skills or personal hygiene.

It's also funny because basically the only people in my graduating class who didn't go to prom were the Anime Club. :p
I think the joke is going on the stereotypes that weebs aren't popular enough to actually hook up with a girl
Proms are the school dances, a social event in which students are required to find a date. If you read/saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire you'd realize the dance in the middle of the story is essentially a prom. The joke is that nerds stereotypically never get dates do to lack of social skills and being too nerdy for a girl to date, and watching anime is highly considered nerdy. What Comcept forgot was how Mega Man had highly successful anime, and if you played Mega Man, you most likely were an anime fan, therefore, if you had any interest left in MN9, you'd be angered by how the trailer outright insulted you for being a fan of a popular form of media
I see.... That was in poor taste.

I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to think that many people won't be even touching it just because of spite. Just another thing to add to, on top of the numerous problems it already has.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH and I beat Revelations today. That ending was really good. Some thoughts in spoiler's

The first part of the fight was tough, I used coring paired with Takumi as a wall. He and the other tanks such as Keaton, Ryouma, marched through everyone slowly. I also had Dwyler, and Nina use rally to support everyone from the back. We then made it to and Beat Anakhos. That second party though was insane. Using Garon was an interesting tie back to Birthright's ending. I had Corrin and takumi and Ryouma and Keaton damage the leg's whily felica, kaze, velourina, fuga and Kaden held off everyone who spawned. That eye form was weird and made me think of 002 from Kirby xD. Beat that easily by having full shield from attacking it, and then beating it when it attacked. The ending was great to see them all side by side and then Corrin become king of Valla. Gunther's story was sad and me feel bad when he left, but it made enough sense.

Doing the Hidden Truth's right now. It's pretty tough but I like the story so far.

Now a Side note:

For fans of Warioware, Badge Arcade is doing Wario Ware week right now. There is also a new catcher that's a rod.

There's some nice badges so go check it out.

Also there's more hints of synchro evolutions being in Sun and Moon:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The people who have the power to "OK" games pay more attention to numbers. I mean, Other M pretty much semi killed the series due to reputation of the game, but Nintendo stopped making Metroid for a bit there because of the sales were so low. I feel the situation is similar, unless Nintendo has changed within that time frame.
There's the fact Retro was busy on the DKCR games and how Sakamoto abandoned Metroid. and the fact the Metroid Prime Trilogy was put on the eshop. Now, I know that Nintendo hasn't shared digital sales data for anything, but look at the reviews on the eshop! It's critically acclaimed and Nintendo DOES have sales data on it, meaning they could EASILY see "Hey, this did very well!"

Starlight_Lily

Now a Side note:

For fans of Warioware, Badge Arcade is doing Wario Ware week right now. There is also a new catcher that's a rod.

There's some nice badges so go check it out.

Also there's more hints of synchro evolutions being in Sun and Moon:
That image of Bonnie and Dedenne is surprisingly cute and badass.

Also I'm betting you guys if Ash wins the Kalos league, he's suddenly going to age by 5 years.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not gonna lie, the commercial reminded me a lot of the commercials in the 90's.
I don't know if it was the same in other countries, but here in America companies had this weird obsession with being "totally radical" and "so like rebellious man". Often with commercials that spat in your face and tried to be whatever a bunch of old men in business suits thought "edgy" was to them.

The Mighty No. 9 commercial hits all those right notes.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think in general, it just depends on how Federation Force turns out.

Yes, it is true that it probably would've been better to go for a mainline game first before a spinoff, but the idea behind it is not misguided. Based on the interviews, it doesn't seem to me to be a case of "we just need to throw these idiots a Metroid game to please them", it seems that they genuinely do want to take the series forward and use this game as a first step. They want to keep going, they want to keep developing more games, but they want to start their direction off by building up other aspects of the universe and Federation Force is intended to allow us to see an aspect of that. So in that sense, I can respect their endeavor, even if it had poor foresight on how the fanbase would react.

Of course, this is going off of interviews at this point and it all comes down to how the game turns out. It could be something that's worth its fair shake, it could be something that's not, but ultimately it's something that if you even have the slightest interest in it, it may be worth watching to see where it goes first before you make that decision.

Starlight_Lily

Not gonna lie, the commercial reminded me a lot of the commercials in the 90's.
I don't know if it was the same in other countries, but here in America companies had this weird obsession with being "totally radical" and "so like rebellious man". Often with commercials that spat in your face and tried to be whatever a bunch of old men in business suits thought "edgy" was to them.

The Mighty No. 9 commercial hits all those right notes.
Except it lacks one major thing from that era of gaming advertisements, its missing the cheesy charm, and over the top narm.
That Mighty No. 9 ad is just a case of trying way to HARD, and it shows that yet again, that American ad campaign companies are really out of touch with modern times.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The equivalent of prom over here is the debutante ball, or "debs" for short. You are automatically invited to one regardless of whether or not you have someone to go with, but you automatically get a second invite if you do Transition Year. And then if someone else invites you to theirs then you can go to that too.

I did Transition Year so I could have gone to two debs parties, and a girl did invite me to go to her's before either of those too, making a total of three "proms" I could have gone to, but I chose not to go to any of them.

Granted, it may not have been the right decision, but I don't really regret not going either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's the fact Retro was busy on the DKCR games and how Sakamoto abandoned Metroid. and the fact the Metroid Prime Trilogy was put on the eshop. Now, I know that Nintendo hasn't shared digital sales data for anything, but look at the reviews on the eshop! It's critically acclaimed and Nintendo DOES have sales data on it, meaning they could EASILY see "Hey, this did very well!"
Haha, well I really feel like Nintendo pays more attention to sales. I mean, it might've done OK on the eShop, I doubt it did fantastic, but yeah that does raise a point you are correct.

Retro working on DK was still a questionable choice to a lot of people, however, but that does make them busy. I wonder why they were told to work on that instead of Metroid? I recall hearing why but I forgot.

Although, yeah, the reason why I state sales matters most to Nintendo is a lot of their decisions are based upon that. Wii U originally didn't have a Tablet controller but was put in last minute essentially because they were paying attention to the Wii and the Wii's gimmick gave it those sales so they felt, despite it being a honestly bad that most people could see very clearly, the success of Wii blinded them there and they ended up doing a gimmick without that much thought put into it for how it would reinvent gaming or appeal to the mass market again.

Who knows, maybe you are right and Nintendo is considering Metroid more and more, but knowing Nintendo they do tend to make decisions based on numbers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So SEGA is sending around a survey to some people notable for covering SEGA news, and it's got some weeeeeird questions, man.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Pretty nice thoughts! The episode looks really great, and I want to watch it now, but I think I'll wait. Next's week's is interesting. I wonder why wulfric is using bergmite and how they go about the fight from this episode. It looks like this episode was very deep and emotional, so I have to give them that. Then after the fight, the next episode is the return of goodra. I wonder what will happen then. Betting that Goodra will either re join Ash or be able to fill in temporally in the league as the league is now right in Luminous. Hoping Ash also brings back old pokemon. I'm also gonna guess that after the league ends, the Team Flare arc will start.
The Bergmite also caught me by surprise because I was expecting him to use Cryogonal as his third Pokemon just like in the games. Another interesting tidbit that's worth noting from the preview is that Ash is using his first three Pokemon from his Kalos team for the final Kalos gym battle: Pikachu, Greninja (Froakie), and Talonflame (Fletchling). A pretty clever throwback if you ask me.

I too am interested in seeing how will Goodra play out in the episode it returns. I'm leaning towards the idea of it returning to Ash's team just for the league since Ash's original promise was to leave it behind so that it would protect the Wetlands. If Ash decides to bring back old Pokemon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Infernape because it was definitely one of my favorite Pokemon on Ash's team because of the development it got.

There are actually hints right now that the Team Flare finale arc will happen before the League matches. The Broadcast data shows the next two episodes following the Goodra episode involve Pancham and then Charizard. The Charizard is worth noting because it's probably referring to Alain's Charizard. Just today, the episode titles for the three episodes following Goodra's episodes further hint that. The source of these titles, however, are a bit dodgy, so it could end up being fake, but they do match up with the broadcast data. XY&Z 31 is rumored to be called "Parting with Serena! The Pancham Village!", XY&Z 32 is rumored to be called "Fierce Fight at Lysandre Labs! Mega Charizard vs Mega Gyarados", while XY&Z 33 is rumored to be called "Siege on Lumiose City! Team Flare Attacks (Part 1)". The information about the episode titles was posted on the Serebii forums under "Anime Spoilers", but again, they aren't officially confirmed yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be true.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

At this point...even if the game flops horribly, which it most likely will...Nintendo likely got the message, they even acknowledged the existence of the petition against this game...

My hopes are that they actually DID get the message and understand why such a backlash happened and what WE the fans are actually looking for in a metroid game...

OR

That Nintendo actually has something else up their sleeves that they haven't shown us yet...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
At this point...even if the game flops horribly, which it most likely will...Nintendo likely got the message, they even acknowledged the existence of the petition against this game...

My hopes are that they actually DID get the message and understand why such a backlash happened and what WE the fans are actually looking for in a metroid game...

OR

That Nintendo actually has something else up their sleeves that they haven't shown us yet...
Miyamoto said that 2 Metroid games were being made, and Blast ball sounds like it's just a little mini game
Haha, well I really feel like Nintendo pays more attention to sales. I mean, it might've done OK on the eShop, I doubt it did fantastic, but yeah that does raise a point you are correct.

Retro working on DK was still a questionable choice to a lot of people, however, but that does make them busy. I wonder why they were told to work on that instead of Metroid? I recall hearing why but I forgot.

Although, yeah, the reason why I state sales matters most to Nintendo is a lot of their decisions are based upon that. Wii U originally didn't have a Tablet controller but was put in last minute essentially because they were paying attention to the Wii and the Wii's gimmick gave it those sales so they felt, despite it being a honestly bad that most people could see very clearly, the success of Wii blinded them there and they ended up doing a gimmick without that much thought put into it for how it would reinvent gaming or appeal to the mass market again.

Who knows, maybe you are right and Nintendo is considering Metroid more and more, but knowing Nintendo they do tend to make decisions based on numbers.
I just realized Super Metroid is now available for the N3DS, so if that does well, Nintendo will get the message too

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So SEGA is sending around a survey to some people notable for covering SEGA news, and it's got some weeeeeird questions, man.

Someone brought this up on Twitter.
Still, I'd be down with a SEGA vs. Capcom game.

Miyamoto said that 2 Metroid games were being made, and Blast ball sounds like it's just a little mini game
Gonna need some sauce on that one
I don't even know why Miyamoto would be talking about Metroid of all things.

This is an actual sentence I just typed. This is why context is important.

"Now I just need the ****ty dwarves and I get all the chipmunks"

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

A sonic game with DBZ characters could actually become my favorite thing of all time. Super Sonic Vs Super Sayian Goku when?

The Bergmite also caught me by surprise because I was expecting him to use Cryogonal as his third Pokemon just like in the games. Another interesting tidbit that's worth noting from the preview is that Ash is using his first three Pokemon from his Kalos team for the final Kalos gym battle: Pikachu, Greninja (Froakie), and Talonflame (Fletchling). A pretty clever throwback if you ask me.

I too am interested in seeing how will Goodra play out in the episode it returns. I'm leaning towards the idea of it returning to Ash's team just for the league since Ash's original promise was to leave it behind so that it would protect the Wetlands. If Ash decides to bring back old Pokemon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Infernape because it was definitely one of my favorite Pokemon on Ash's team because of the development it got.

There are actually hints right now that the Team Flare finale arc will happen before the League matches. The Broadcast data shows the next two episodes following the Goodra episode involve Pancham and then Charizard. The Charizard is worth noting because it's probably referring to Alain's Charizard. Just today, the episode titles for the three episodes following Goodra's episodes further hint that. The source of these titles, however, are a bit dodgy, so it could end up being fake, but they do match up with the broadcast data. XY&Z 31 is rumored to be called "Parting with Serena! The Pancham Village!", XY&Z 32 is rumored to be called "Fierce Fight at Lysandre Labs! Mega Charizard vs Mega Gyarados", while XY&Z 33 is rumored to be called "Siege on Lumiose City! Team Flare Attacks (Part 1)". The information about the episode titles was posted on the Serebii forums under "Anime Spoilers", but again, they aren't officially confirmed yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be true.
That is a pretty neat throwback.

As for Goodra, it's kind of funny when you think about it. Goodra is suppose to be protecting the wasteland's but the episode's plot is that a carbrink is causing chaos in them lol. I get it's a fairy, but the quagsire's can't stop it? It should be a nice episode regardless though. As I said, it joining for the league is most likely. Infernape would be cool to have back. I'm hoping something comes back and evolves. Maybe Scraggy or Quilava, but probably not.

As for those episode titles, they sound pretty good. I haven't heard of them before, but they sound pretty probable. I'm going to guess that if real, Pancham will stay with Serena, but if it doesn't, that would be another way to have her deny Palmero's offer to train under her, and then keep her for the Sun and Moon anime presumably. But we will have to wait and see there.

As for The Allan episode. I think the purpose of that episode will be to have Allan train and maybe complete his quest by fighting Mega Gyarados in a match. With him ended up being used in this Team Flare's Siege episode if true. He'll beat Lysandre and be tricked or convinced into helping them. Although it be interesting if allan finds out the truth about Team Flare and challenges Lysandre head on, but by the end of the battle he finds out it was a distraction for the siege to begin. Whatever happens, I think Allan could get some nice development here. I also wonder if Ash and them will learn about Lysandre in this episode? Probably not, but who knows. Perhaps to prolong the season more, the attacks succeed and destroy the league building? Then they have to wait until it's fixed or they move the venue to the Elite four Castle? Thus they get more filler and potential catches/evolution episodes.

Either way if those two episodes come true, they leave a lot of potential for direction in where the season will go and I can't wait to see what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom