• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er...Dwarves are currency in your game with Swamp and co, and the chipmunks are trophies or bonus missions?
Nope. Although the thought of monsters using people as currency is moderately comical

Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi (the mobile game) has an event going on right now where getting Snow white and seven dwarves medals to their maximum form gets you Chip medals and Dale medals (which are awesome). The seven dwarf medzls are garbage though and obnoxious to get. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There was a problem fetching the tweet
hello darkness my old friend
ive come to talk to you again
because of some ****ing bull****
that could only be written by a twit
Reminds me of the AoT movie which casts all japanese people...
while only two characters in the actual manga/anime are actually japanese...one of which only had two minutes of screen time...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Reminds me of the AoT movie which casts all japanese people...
while only two characters in the actual manga/anime are actually japanese...one of which only had two minutes of screen time...
To be fair, Japanese media using Japanese actors excuses it. And the fact as far as I know, we didn't get 'YAAAY NO WHITES' for the AoT movie

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it a Japanese made movie, because it's pretty obvious they'd make it with Japanese people

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

Only one can guess how big this narrator's nose is.
He literally just sounds like he put his nose up against the mic and just started speaking through his nose.
Not to mention he sounds bored as all hell.
3:45: "Kick. Blast. Splash. Bomb. Splat. Build an ice cream man. Become a statue. Ride on little robobot rider. Ride."
Literal ****ing poetry right there.
Still hyped for this game, though. Not nearly as bad as Mighty No. 9's.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Although WB's in charge, it's their Japan district, only Japanese actors. Anyway, the problem is how it's 'beatiful' having no white actors in what's supposed to be Germany
Yeah, that part was pretty stupid

Praising that a race isn't being included.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Just leaving this here to remind you all:
What? How in the world did Inafune waste such a massive budget? Shovel Knight had less than an eighth of the budget and looks great for pixel art! Skullgirls is one of the best animated Indie games I've ever seen, and had about half of the budget MN9 had! Literally what is going on at Comcept?!

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
A little late on this one, but...

That's pretty ugly.
It's never too late for Jontron, bud.

Dunno what this is all about, but things like this have kind of sort of worked before. "The Wiz" is a pretty good example, even if I never watched that one.
Overall I say that it's probably for the best to wait and see how it all plays out. If it's ****, then it's ****. If it's amazing, then it's amazing.

I'm probably not gonna see this myself, but hopefully it'll at least be alright, right...?

What? How in the world did Inafune waste such a massive budget? Shovel Knight had less than an eighth of the budget and looks great for pixel art! Skullgirls is one of the best animated Indie games I've ever seen, and had about a quarter of the budget MN9 had! Literally what is going on at Comcept?!
SEQUEL, SPIN-OFF, CARTOON, A ****ING MOVIE.

They went way too far for this kickstarter and now they're doing the exact same to Mighty No. 9 what they did to Mega Man.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What? How in the world did Inafune waste such a massive budget? Shovel Knight had less than an eighth of the budget and looks great for pixel art! Skullgirls is one of the best animated Indie games I've ever seen, and had about a quarter of the budget MN9 had! Literally what is going on at Comcept?!
I'm certain once Mighty No. 9 is over with a lot of stories revolving around the development are going to pop up.
Kinda like what happened with Sonic Boom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's never too late for Jontron, bud.

Dunno what this is all about, but things like this have kind of sort of worked before. "The Wiz" is a pretty good example, even if I never watched that one.
Overall I say that it's probably for the best to wait and see how it all plays out. If it's ****, then it's ****. If it's amazing, then it's amazing.

I'm probably not gonna see this myself, but hopefully it'll at least be alright, right...?

SEQUEL, SPIN-OFF, CARTOON, A ****ING MOVIE.

They went way too far for this kickstarter and now they're doing the exact same to Mighty No. 9 what they're doing to Mega Man.
Oh no, people aren't worried about the movie's quality due to Japanese actors, that would be racist. The problem is some **** claimed having no white people in a German setting is beautiful

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What? How in the world did Inafune waste such a massive budget? Shovel Knight had less than an eighth of the budget and looks great for pixel art! Skullgirls is one of the best animated Indie games I've ever seen, and had about half of the budget MN9 had! Literally what is going on at Comcept?!
They blew it on pointless things to market their non-existant for a while game.

Inafune is more of a business man than he is a creator.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I'm certain once Mighty No. 9 is over with a lot of stories revolving around the development are going to pop up.
Kinda like what happened with Sonic Boom.
The behind-the-scenes story of the development of this game is gonna turn out to be a horrorshow on par with the filming of The Room, isn't it?

EDIT: Believe me, as a Megaman fan I've been watching this game brew for a while; I just haven't seen the full budget compared to better games with smaller budgets! I know full well about the movie, the show, the DLC, and the Megaman Legends knock-off/money-laundering scheme. This is why you NEVER try and create a franchise without making one good installment first!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To be fair, Japanese media using Japanese actors excuses it. And the fact as far as I know, we didn't get 'YAAAY NO WHITES' for the AoT movie
I understand that...I was just saying that it reminded me of that....

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh no, people aren't worried about the movie's quality due to Japanese actors, that would be racist. The problem is some **** claimed having no white people in a German setting is beautiful
Ohhhh, now I see.

Completely flew over my head.

The actual problem still at least sounds pretty racist, however. Eh, it's one guy, he can't really do much about it, right?

The behind-the-scenes story of the development of this game is gonna turn out to be a horrorshow on par with the filming of The Room, isn't it?

EDIT: Believe me, as a Megaman fan I've been watching this game brew for a while; I just haven't seen the full budget compared to better games with smaller budgets! I know full well about the movie, the show, the DLC, and the Megaman Legends knock-off/money-laundering scheme. This is why you NEVER try and create a franchise without making one good installment first!
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is like, "Oh, yay, we were funded! What now, Infaune?" "We do bigger and better things. We make sure people will remember the name, Mighty No. 9!" "And how do we do that, sir?" "..."

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
FMA movie having actors that pull off the German look kinda upsets me but I'm interested to say the least.

FMA is greatest anime of all time in my opinion and I would love to see a good live action movie

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
FMA movie having actors that pull off the German look kinda upsets me but I'm interested to say the least.

FMA is greatest anime of all time in my opinion and I would love to see a good live action movie
Seeing as I haven't seen a single anime in a really, really, really long time, would you recommend it? Seems interesting enough.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is like, "Oh, yay, we were funded! What now, Infaune?" "We do bigger and better things. We make sure people will remember the name, Mighty No. 9!" "And how do we do that, sir?" "..."
People are certainly going to remember the name Mighty No.9.
Just for all the wrong reasons.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Seeing as I haven't seen a single anime in a really, really, really long time, would you recommend it? Seems interesting enough.
Oh yes yes yes and more yes.

It's really great and it's the only anime outside of Dragon Ball where I prefer the dub over the original

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
original seriesor Brotherhood?
Brotherhood but original can work but there's some issues with original though.

Just handle the first 15 episodes of Brotherhood before it actually starts picking up

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I prefer the dub over the original
original series or Brotherhood?
And then there's the whole problem of all of those spin-off shows and Dubs vs. Subs or whatever in anime and that's always just an annoying thing. Because putting in "Double Danger Cross X1 Super Explosion" *exaggeration* Or whatever and having it show episodes of "Double Danger Cross X2 Super Explosion" *again exaggeration* is rather annoying. All I really want in an anime is something comedic, but also a good bout of action. That's one of the main reasons I'm looking into One Punch Man. Haven't watched an episode, yet, but I'll get to it sooner or later... Either way, Japan cartoons get really confusing at times and while I'm fine with watching earlier episodes before jumping in, it's annoying when I have, like, 100+ episodes to go through. Either way, hoping I find my replacement to Sgt. Frog one of these days...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm white myself, and wanting a certain race to not get in seems prejudice to me. I don't mind seeing different races play actors of characters that aren't that certain race.

Although, I do prefer accuracy of the characters, it rarely happens with movie adaptions of shows/video games etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Actually, now seems as good a time as any to ask:

Any of you watched One Punch Man? And if so, what did you think of it?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Never saw the first FMA anime since Brotherhood is the one to adapt the source material in its integrity.

The first FMA deviates from the manga.

And yes, the English dub is actually well done and matches well with the Europe-inspired world, though I might rewatch it in Japanese one day to see how it is with the original voice work.

It's funny and over-the-top awesome with excellent animation, but very lacking when it comes to storytelling.

I found difficult to care about the characters, as they felt flat for me. The series itself follows a monster of the week formula with little to no continuity, which isn't a bad thing though.

Don't go with the expectation of a remotely good story or characters, as it will kill any enjoyment you'll get from it.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Actually, now seems as good a time as any to ask:

It's hilarious and the animation is top notch. I also love how the anime abord the question "Is it possible to be too powerful?".

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I never did finish Brotherhood. Netflix never put up the last season, it just stops in the middle of the really good part. I'll have to rewatch it from the beginning someday.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been keeping up with Durarara!! and Assassination Classroom lately so I would recommend those two shows if you are new to anime, as I feel they are easily appealing to a Western audience.

And yeah, FMA:B is amazing. Phenomenal soundtrack too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I never did finish Brotherhood. Netflix never put up the last season, it just stops in the middle of the really good part. I'll have to rewatch it from the beginning someday.
You could always just watch them elsewhere online. Shouldn't be to hard to find. I think even youtube had them.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I will. I plan on watching it on KissAnime sometime. It's just at the time that I watched it, I didn't have a computer, so I really couldn't watch it.
I see. I haven't finished it, but have watch it. Kissanime is a good way to watch it as well.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Since people are talking about anime, what are all of your top 5 animes of all time?

Mine are:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
K-On!
ToraDora
and Digimon Adventure 01

Runner ups are Your Lie In April, Lucky Star, Pokemon (only Indigo, Johto, and Orange Islands), Sailor Moon, and the first season of Rosario + Vampire (season 2 is garbage).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also there's more hints of synchro evolutions being in Sun and Moon:
Okay, so if Mega Evolutions are supposed to be the equivalent of Mega-leveled Digimon, then the so-called Synchro evolutions would almost be like the Synchro summoning feature that's in Yu-Gi-Oh!.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Since people are talking about anime, what are all of your top 5 animes of all time?

Mine are:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
K-On!
ToraDora
and Digimon Adventure 01

Runner ups are Your Lie In April, Lucky Star, Pokemon (only Indigo, Johto, and Orange Islands), Sailor Moon, and the first season of Rosario + Vampire (season 2 is garbage).
Soul Eater (really wish that gets the FMA: Brotherhood treatment)
Sonic the Hedgehog OVA
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Kill la Kill

Runner Up: While I'm nowhere NEAR finished with it, Hunter X Hunter is looking to be something I'll absolutely love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom