• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the design is fine, except for...that face.

I actually really like the rest of it. It's Tron-ish. :p

ALSO
There's gonna be a new poll about games you're hyped for coming out this year. Leave some suggestions for poll options! You're not limited to just Nintendo.
It looks like the only game i'm hyped for is FFVX. And I don't even have the console for that.

Yikes. I guess that is what happens when E3 is coming up and Nintendo has pretty much gone quiet :/

Plus Uncharted and Overwatch JUST came out

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record, the games already slated for poll options are:

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Kirby Planet Robobot
Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix
Final Fantasy XV
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
"Whatever the heck Code Name N-Stars is"
No Man's Sky
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Mighty No. Nine
Paper Mario Color Splash
TMS#FE
Call of Duty Infinity Warfare

Tried to hit all the bases, even the ones with less than stellar hype around them. Also didn't include recent releases like Overwatch and Uncharted 4.

D

Deleted member

ALSO
There's gonna be a new poll about games you're hyped for coming out this year. Leave some suggestions for poll options! You're not limited to just Nintendo.
You know it...
y6g4u60.jpg

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

ALSO
This year? Pokemon S/M, FFXV...I think that's it other games I'm excited for are coming later like Zelda U and maybe FFVIIR...though ME Andromeda may get a holiday release this year...its supposed to be shown at e3 so we'll see...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Kirby Planet Robobot
Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix
Final Fantasy XV
No Man's Sky
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Mighty No. Nine
Paper Mario Color Splash
TMS#FE

Tried to hit all the bases, even the ones with less than stellar hype around them. Also didn't include recent releases like Overwatch and Uncharted 4.
I don't think Robobot should be on that because it comes out in 2 weeks. Also, Ace Attorney 6

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Kirby Planet Robobot
Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix
Final Fantasy XV
No Man's Sky
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Mighty No. Nine
Paper Mario Color Splash
TMS#FE

Guess no one's hyped for Fed Force then...:p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not hype for anything considering nothing is coming out on my radar except for maybe Xenoverse 2.

Maybe Sun & Moon or probably Federation Force but that's more curiosity than hype

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guess no one's hyped for Fed Force then...:p
Is it bad I honestly completely forgot about Fed Force when other controversial ones like Infinity Warfare, Color Splash, and Mighty Number Nine are on there? :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think Robobot should be on that because it comes out in 2 weeks. Also, Ace Attorney 6
Well I mean, the poll's gonna last only about a week and a half until a new poll shows up, which is why I included Robobot. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know there's something wrong when you play this song when you date IRL

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Kirby Planet Robobot
Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix
Final Fantasy XV
No Man's Sky
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Mighty No. Nine
Paper Mario Color Splash
TMS#FE

Half Genie Hero, Planet Robobot, Pokemon Sun (Praise the sun!), Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Final Fantasy XV, and TMS to a lesser extent are my anticipated games of the year.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Kirby Planet Robobot
Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix
Final Fantasy XV
No Man's Sky
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Mighty No. Nine
Paper Mario Color Splash
TMS#FE

Add these:
Battlefield 1
Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
Titanfall 2
Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens
South Park: Fractured But Whole
Persona 5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Add these:
Battlefield 1
Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
Titanfall 2
Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens
South Park: Fractured But Whole
Persona 5
I forgot to mention that this was exclusively 2016. I thought Deus X and a couple other ones on there were 2017. Was I wrong?

Will add though!

D

Deleted member

If you guys want more Metroid, buy Federation Force, even if it's not what a lot of us wanted. They've already said this game potentially is gonna lead to more games in the Metroid series I believe.

Personally I have no interest in this, but I can see Federation Force appealing to the modern gamer with it's simplicity and children who haven't played Metroid before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Only game I'm looking forward to get atm is Sun and Moon. I'm not hyped for anything else, at least right now.

E3 is going to be underwhelming tho ._.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, every third party character are getting a reboot design.

Are :snake::4bayonetta::4ryu:&:4cloud: going to be victims too?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you guys want more Metroid, buy Federation Force, even if it's not what a lot of us wanted. They've already said this game potentially is gonna lead to more games in the Metroid series I believe.

Personally I have no interest in this, but I can see Federation Force appealing to the modern gamer with it's simplicity and children who haven't played Metroid before.
Eh, I'd rather wait for the reviews first before I can think about buying it. I try to look at any and every gameplay available to see if it will be good. But it looks a bit too slow when compared to other Metroid games (even during the serious missions).

This either can good as Zelda Triforce Heroes or something unfinished like Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. But you may be right about Nintendo pulling the plug on Metroid for sales like they did with Chibi Robo.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I forgot to mention that this was exclusively 2016. I thought Deus X and a couple other ones on there were 2017. Was I wrong?

Will add though!
Deus Ex is out in August.
Only ones that might be iffy are South Park and persona 5 (if we go by Western releases only).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh, I'd rather wait for the reviews first before I can think about buying it. I try to look at any and every gameplay available to see if it will be good. But it looks a bit too slow when compared to other Metroid games (even during the serious missions).

This either can good as Zelda Triforce Heroes or something unfinished like Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. But you may be right about Nintendo pulling the plug on Metroid for sales like they did with Chibi Robo.
Chibi Robo always failed and constantly bad different gameplay in an attempt to find something that works. Metroid is one of the most well-known franchises out there, with Fed Force being a spinoff. The situations aren't comparable

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Supporting Federation Force in any way is a win lose situation either way. Sure we might get more Metroid games, but we could just get another Federation Force game instead. Call it a strawman if you want, but we did wind up with Color Trash in the first place because of Sticker Star's sales despite it being a bad Paper Mario nonetheless. Most of the Metroid fandom is still against it even if there will be some people out there to buy the game regardless of its differences. That sounds like a potential flop to me.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Is it bad I honestly completely forgot about Fed Force when other controversial ones like Infinity Warfare, Color Splash, and Mighty Number Nine are on there? :p
Probably not a good sign...
I don't think hyped is the right word. . . curious maybe?

Guess i'm not a Metroid fan then :urg:
I'm definitely intrigued...but so far my interest lies within the added lore towards the metroid universe, but other than that...

That's actually a poor reason to buy the game...If it ends up being not what I want, not what I waited for in a metroid game...then it needs to be more than just a game with 'Metroid' in its name...

D

Deleted member

That's actually a poor reason to buy the game...If it ends up being not what I want, not what I waited for in a metroid game...then it needs to be more than just a game with 'Metroid' in its name...
Well, it it helps raise the chance of a future game then I'd think it's worth it. There's a chance they might not even make a Metroid game for an extremely long time depending how this sales.

I don't recommend just anyone do this, however. I'm more so talking to the people that care just that much to spend money on a game they dislike for the series future.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I just finished watching the newest episode of Pokemon XY&Z because that loss to Wulfric left me hanging.

This is the episode where Ash and Greninja finally master the Ash-Greninja form. Ash realizes that he's been focusing too much on power rather than the bond, and by focusing on the bond, he can take full advantage of the form. We see the first use of the fully mastered form when Ash uses Greninja to save a Spewpa from falling off a cliff when the tree branch he and that Pokemon were on a tree branch during the snowstorm.

Probably my favorite bit as it at the end where they did a throwback to the episode to the episode when Ash first caught Froakie when Greninja kneeled down and rolled the Pokeball toward Ash. They then flashback to that similar scene with Froakie. Ash and Greninja then give each other a fist bump. Not going to lie, but that scene moved me a little. Here's a link to a tumblr page that shows the parallels.

Next episode is going to be hell'a hype though. It's the Ash vs Wulfric rematch, and this time, Wulfric will use a Mega Absomasnow. Now that the Ash Greninja form has been mastered, get ready to see some more hype fights from here on out, the league episodes in particular. Speaking of the League, the Pokemon League will take place Lumious City. Pretty surprising because I was expecting it to take place in front of that castle where it's normally located, though the League stadium already looks pretty cool!

As for my other thoughts about this episode, I'm going to enclose it in a spoilers tag since it's quite the wall of text:

Remember the big Ash x Serena scene in the preview where Serena manages to find Ash? Well, here's how it turned out.

When I said that something bad was going to happen, this was exactly what I had in mind. I called it!

For those who are wondering what's going on here, Ash apologizes to Serena for leaving so suddenly. Serena tells him that if there's anything wrong, he should talk to her, but Ash states he doesn't want to talk right now. Serena explains that she understands his pain by recounting how she just her first Pokemon Performance, but Ash lashes out and says she doesn't understand. Serena still encourages to have a conversation, but Ash still doesn't want to talk. She then throws a snowball at him, know visibly crying at this point, and says that Ash she knows is always optimistic and never gives up until the very end. She throws more snowballs at him, and then she says, "You're not the Ash I know!" She runs off, and Ash says, "Am I... not myself."

Amourshipping haters will probably look at this scene and think "This argument killed Amourshipping," but the one thing to keep in mind is that part of true love always involves arguments, so if anything, an argument can make a bond even stronger than before. Heck, when the snowstorm kicks in, Serena decides to help Ash and you can see she is still worried about him throughout the episode. By the end episode when Ash and the group reunite, Ash thanks Serena for getting mad at him because it helped him figure things out. Serena is visibly happy following that.

This episode even shows more of Ash's childhood far more than any other Pokemon series.

Again, no subs, but it's pretty easy to make out what's going on here. This side of Ash's childhood is even a nice parallel to Jack Walker's backstory in the Manaphy movie (Jack Walker was that Pokemon Ranger for those who forgot who he was). Another nice detail is that the five Pokemon Ash is with in the cave represents each generation of Pokemon minus generation 5 (Oddish = Generation 1, Sentret=Generation 2, Zigzagoon = Generation 3, Budew = Generation 4, Scatterbug = Generation 6). All of the Pokemon in the flashback are also generation 1 Pokemon, and when I saw the Caterpie, I was reminded of the Caterpie Ash caught (like, although very doubtful, the Caterpie later recognized Ash). Definitely a touching scene overall; it even gives context to why Ash loves Pokemon so much.

Team Rocket also wasn't annoying for once when they appeared. They try to capture Ash's Pikachu when they find it all alone, but they decide to give up on doing so when they realize Pikachu's Thunderbolts are not as strong as it normally is because he is still feeling down about Ash's absence. When they appear again after Ash returns, they feel pretty happy that Pikachu is back to his normal self with the powerful Thunderbolt attacks.

They even show Greninja's side of the issue. It escapes its Pokemon Center bed to search for Ash, and there's even a moment when it contemplates about it's recent losses. Puni-chan even manages to help it out by transforming into its 10% Forme, finding Ash through the nearby Zygarde cells, and telling Greninja about Ash's location.

There's even a pretty sweet scene where the Spewpas that Ash saves evolve into Vivillions and fly into the night sky after the snowstorm. I was reminded me of the episode when Ash released his Butterfree when I watched this scene. Heck, I think there's some deep symbolism. The Spewpas evolving into Vivillions and the flying off symbolizes how Ash and Greninja's relationship finally "evolved" and now it will go off into greater things to come (shocking that the Pokemon anime has been using some interesting symbolism; other examples of symbolism can be found in the Mega Evolution Act IV special and Pokemon XY&Z episode 8 to my knowledge).

On a concluding note, this episode is definitely one of my favorites in the entire XY series. This was the first time in a long while a Pokemon episode filled me with so many emotions all at once, reminding me why I returned to watching the Pokemon anime.

Chrono.

Games I'm looking forward to?

Persona 5 (we're probably getting it next year but eh)
Monster Hunter Generations
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Final Fantasy XV
The King of Fighters XIV
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Pokemon Moon
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Zero Time Dilemma (if I do get to play the first ZE games anyway)
Gran Turismo Sport
Whatever the next WWE game is gonna be

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The premise did worry me but it makes some degree of sense (more so than de-aging the previously married father Pac-Man) and at least Mega Man is still a robot through and through. As long as that little pixie thing doesn't annoy too much and the show's version of Proto Man isn't just generic evil prototype #84562 I'm feeling optimistic.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm not really super hyped for anything coming out soon other than maybe No Man's Sky.

Besides that, Kirby Robobot, FFXV and Pokemon Spaghetti and Meatballs are the games I'm most looking forward to this year. The games that I was really excited for (Street Fighter, Overwatch, Doom) are already out.

Last edited:
>Been on hold for over an hour
>Been holding off lunch even though i'm hungry
>Been forced to listen to the same two 3 second melodies followed by "We are busy at this time, please hold" this entire time

"Hello?"
"Hi I would like to-"
*Employee hangs up*

Current mood:

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, it it helps raise the chance of a future game then I'd think it's worth it. There's a chance they might not even make a Metroid game for an extremely long time depending how this sales.

I don't recommend just anyone do this, however. I'm more so talking to the people that care just that much to spend money on a game they dislike for the series future.
Yes...I want Nintendo to make more Metroid games but I'm not going to throw money at any old game they give us...
Like I said this needs to be more than just a game with 'Metroid' in the title...because if this is not what I want in a metroid game then by buying the game I'm asking for Nintendo to make more of what I don't want...
To me, Metroid as a franchise needs more than just numbers to have a better future...it needs to get back on track...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Been on hold for over an hour
>Been holding off lunch even though i'm hungry
>Been forced to listen to the same two 3 second melodies followed by "We are busy at this time, please hold" this entire time

"Hello?"
"Hi I would like to-"
*Employee hangs up*

Current mood:
Something tells me you're calling Microsoft

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's not many games I'm looking forward to this year. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, Yooka-Laylee (even though I doubt it will come this year), and whatever Sonic Team is making for the 25th anniversary are about it. I'm hoping for some surprises at Sony's E3 conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom