• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And lost?

Because Marth's blade is a dragon slayer.

Corrin is a dragon...
That's the joke
>I once got infracted by a mod here for mentioning the word "breasts" on the grounds that "breasts are female genitalia and you cannot talk about that"
>Now I'm witnessing a mod talk about vaginas

So did I miss a rule change or are the mods just that out of sync on this site? :dizzy:
The mod too skipped biology class if he thinks breats are genitalia

Last edited by a moderator:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Believe me, I told them that.

They were adamant though.
Honestly, that's a pretty good nature on a mod like that.

You should catch it and breed it with other mods at the mod daycare center to to get a mod with perfect I.Vs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, at least this means she wouldn't have to be censored for Smash unlike Female Corrin. :troll:

Which reminds me of something funny. If these people are boycotting role playing games like this and Fire Emblem for censorship, how come they aren't doing the same thing for Pokemon or Mario? Plenty of games in both series had their fair share of censorship, especially Pokemon. Where's the petition to ban Smash for giving Paluetna shorts or making Bayonetta less sexy? :secretkpop:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Which reminds me of something funny. If these people are boycotting role playing games like this and Fire Emblem for censorship, how come they aren't doing the same thing for Pokemon or Mario? Plenty of games in both series had their fair share of censorship, especially Pokemon. Where's the petition to ban Smash for giving Paluetna shorts or making Bayonetta less sexy? :secretkpop:
Pokemon is kind of a different story. The only time where censorship was really needed was over in the manga.

And you still gotta admit, Bayo's still as seductive as ever in smash, privates barely showing or not.
Didn't know Palu has shorts in Smash, though...

You know, maybe you're right. Maybe we should ban Smash for not having enough sex appeal on account of Palu having shorts.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Where's the petition to ban Smash for giving Palutena shorts or making Bayonetta less sexy? :secretkpop:
Because Smash is all about the characters and fighting for these fans. They wouldn't even care about the censorship unless fanservice is an important aspect of the game.

Inb4 people get "fanservice" mixed up with the other definition.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It wasn't that I was bothered for being infracted. If mentioning breasts in any context is against the rules, fair enough. It's a bit much but it's not like I ever intend to make a habit about talking about them all that much.

But god damn if you're gonna claim the reasoning is because they are "genitalia" and talking about genitalia is against the rules (and the latter is perfectly understandable, by the way), then you're better off having not giving a reason in the first place.

Granted, I know there is a bit more to why we can't talk about that kind of stuff regardless of the context, and I can understand the reasoning. What bothers me is that the rule seems selective.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And you still gotta admit, Bayo's still as seductive as ever in smash, privates barely showing or not.
Didn't know Palu has shorts in Smash, though...

You know, maybe you're right. Maybe we should ban Smash for not having enough sex appeal on account of Palu having shorts.
Here you go. This goes all into detail about the censorship and what CERO guidelines Smash has to go through for the A rating.

http://sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/

Good. We would have to get our best vuvuzuleas and prepare for war. Nintendo will pay for what they've did to Smash. :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But what about how poor :4corrinf: was forced to wear the same black tights as her male counterpart under her armored leggings? Can't a girl be free to choose what she want to wear for combat?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The Friend Lord is also being replaced, by the Lobster Lord.

I actually kinda got lucky with this one. Going in with no dedicated healers paid off.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Had a random thought.
Knowing Rare's cheeky sense of humor, when Playtonic eventually releases a Yooka-Laylee trailer, I expect them to parody Mighty No.9's trailer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Please don't take issues with the Smashboards staff to public discussions.

PM a staff member or head to Forum Support instead.

Thank you!
And there's another thing.

Some mods say it's OK to use both of those, some tell me you should only use one or the other.

Rarely do either do anything though.

Seriously, moderation is a mess here. :p

I was only musing about something that happened a long time ago though that related to recent events in the thread. Never intended to do anything about it...that implies there is anything I can do about this kind of thing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And there's another thing.

Some mods say it's OK to use both of those, some tell me you should only use one or the other.

Rarely do either do anything though.

Seriously, moderation is a mess here. :p

I was only musing about something that happened a long time ago though that related to recent events in the thread. Never intended to do anything about it...that implies there is anything I can do about this kind of thing.
Moderators can have differing opinions and interpretations of the rules, which is why we often discuss stuff among ourselves before making certain decisions.

And yeah, you can do something about such situations. Forum Support exists for a reason. Problems with the site, mods and so on are welcome there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Moderators can have differing opinions and interpretations of the rules, which is why we often discuss stuff among ourselves before making certain decisions.

And yeah, you can do something about such situations. Forum Support exists for a reason. Problems with the site, mods and so on are welcome there.
My previous post should have told you that A) I was done with conversation, and B) I've had too many bad experiences with the moderation team around here for me to want to use Forum Support and PM the mods about things these days (right down to being asked to do a mod's job for them once, lol).

There's a reason why I only hang around this one thread anymore (and occasional looks at the Rosalina Social but that's mostly dead).

--------------------------

"HONEY

IS THAT A POOP RAT?

THAT'S A POOP RAT.

WHAT'S A POOP RAT DOIN' IN OUR HOUSE?"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Lucina is about to channel her inner Jesus.

Somehow.

She better not kill Reina or I'm calling bull.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so ealier i was watching a skyrim stream....and found out that throwable spider minions were a thing you could get

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
>I once got infracted by a mod here for mentioning the word "breasts" on the grounds that "breasts are female genitalia and you cannot talk about that"
>Now I'm witnessing a mod talk about vaginas

So did I miss a rule change or are the mods just that out of sync on this site? :dizzy:
I think I mentioned this a bit in our "we agree but somehow disagree" PM argument the other week. :laugh: A lot of it depends on the mod in charge of the given board as well as the culture/user history of the board. I myself am a lot harder on the Wii U board than I am in any of the character boards I watch over.

Could also have been the context of the original post. Though that's hard to discuss as I'm guessing it was a long time ago.

We're not a hive mind, and while that does create some communication issues, it does mean we don't have to be as strict like NeoGAF or have a **** ton of rules/infractions like Serebii.net. Forum Support exists as an insurance policy for users in the event of a communication issue in a sense, but you do generally respond in a PM first.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since someone brought the subject, here is the original "vagina bones" tweet in all its glory:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The vagina doesn't have bones. It's just the pelvic bones... Which both sexes have. lol

Conclusion: someone didn't pay attention to biology classes.
Lol this might be one of the funniest localization thins I've seen.

The Friend Lord is also being replaced, by the Lobster Lord.

I actually kinda got lucky with this one. Going in with no dedicated healers paid off.
This reminds me, Corrin has the best line in Fates Story in Revelations when:

When corrin said:

"It's time to Fight for Your Friends!" I was like good game fates, good game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK, so I just completed all of the Hero (amiibo) Battles in Fates.

From easiest to hardest, I would rank them:

:4lucina::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:

Lucina's is a cake walk and it feels like they didn't even try to make it that challenging.

Marth's set up of troops is initially intimidating. You're on one side of a bridge, he's on the other side, and there is a cluster of his troops on the bridge. But I had units really well built for the job (i.e Rinkah's damage sponging abs).

Ike's is the most complex layout and has you on your toes, and I honestly would have just about lost if my avatar didn't evade a particular attack.

Robin's is kinda brilliant and feels perfect for the character. It's incredibly simplistic. It only has 4 units including himself and one he is paired up with, and he's at the other edge of the stage. However, try to approach him at all and you will wind up getting caught under a Hexing Rod that his unit with a rod has. Unless you are severely overleveled, this is impossible to just charge through, and that's why it's the most difficult. Robin's battle requires you to figure out a perfect solution to his perfect defenses, like a true tactician. However, I divised a strategy that worked perfectly (though it's slightly RNG based). I simply gave Felicia Hexing Rod and Silence, and had her Silence Robin's magic caster unit. This would sometimes fail, but I had Azura at the ready to give her another try in that event. The Hexing Rod was used to soften up the guard on the bridge, for Ryoma to take down with an Armourslayer. Then my avatar finished off the unit with the rod. Robin then attacked my avatar, putting him at just a sliver of HP left. Then Ryoma one-shotted Robin. Then I had Felicia use another Hexing Rod on the remaining unit, leaving him at a low enough HP for my avatar to one shot. It was really fun and satisfying to figure this one out.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lol this might be one of the funniest localization thins I've seen.

This reminds me, Corrin has the best line in Fates Story in Revelations when:

When corrin said:

"It's time to Fight for Your Friends!" I was like good game fates, good game.
You think that's funny? Then say hello to Hipster Tsubasa (on the left).

Now featuring more hip hop slang than Eminem.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I INVITED TAKUMI INTO MY ROOM RIGHT AFTER I DID THE ROUTINE "BONDING" THING WITH RINKAH

AND THIS IS WHAT HE SAYS

So they DO have sex when you choose "bond".

Wow. Leave it to Takumi to be incredibly blunt about this stuff.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Lucina's is a cake walk and it feels like they didn't even try to make it that challenging.

Marth's set up of troops is initially intimidating. You're on one side of a bridge, he's on the other side, and there is a cluster of his troops on the bridge. But I had units really well built for the job (i.e Rinkah's damage sponging abs).

Ike's is the most complex layout and has you on your toes, and I honestly would have just about lost if my avatar didn't evade a particular attack.

Robin's is kinda brilliant and feels perfect for the character. It's incredibly simplistic. It only has 4 units including himself and one he is paired up with, and he's at the other edge of the stage. However, try to approach him at all and you will wind up getting caught under a Hexing Rod that his unit with a rod has. Unless you are severely overleveled, this is impossible to just charge through, and that's why it's the most difficult. Robin's battle requires you to figure out a perfect solution to his perfect defenses, like a true tactician. However, I divised a strategy that worked perfectly (though it's slightly RNG based). I simply gave Felicia Hexing Rod and Silence, and had her Silence Robin's magic caster unit. This would sometimes fail, but I had Azura at the ready to give her another try in that event. The Hexing Rod was used to soften up the guard on the bridge, for Ryoma to take down with an Armourslayer. Then my avatar finished off the unit with the rod. Robin then attacked my avatar, putting him at just a sliver of HP left. Then Ryoma one-shotted Robin. Then I had Felicia use another Hexing Rod on the remaining unit, leaving him at a low enough HP for my avatar to one shot. It was really fun and satisfying to figure this one out.
Fun fact: the three units Robin has with him are based on Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fun fact: the three units Robin has with him are based on Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa. :p
I was thinking that myself.

I was also thinking I should play the "Before Awakening" map with Lucina and Robin and see if it creates a time paradox.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You think that's funny? Then say hello to Hipster Tsubasa (on the left).

Now featuring more hip hop slang than Eminem.
But the outfit looks cute on her. For rizzle n' shizzle!

Cinema Sins: "That's racist!"

*ding*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm questioning why she's even in a bikini in the right picture. It looks like she's in a mall to me, and I've yet to see anyone wear bikini in a mall. :chuckle:
There's a good reason why she's in a bikini in the Japanese version.

Tsubasa and the others had to explore a section of the Idolsphere to track down an ex-photographer that used to work for the Fortuna Entertainment company. He is a criminal corrupted by the Mirage Gangrel to kindap every single bikini model he can get his hands on (hence why most of the images in the second dungeon is full of models). This most recent victim would be Maiko, the boss of the company, that the entire team had to rescue. Tsubasa would let go of her fear of showing skin to strip down and pose in her best bikini for that obsessed criminal. This would serve a huge distraction for him to go wild before snapping away with his demonic camera. Which would lead into Gangrel being weakened by this distraction and choosing to attack the entire party for getting in his way.

I hope this answers your question.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You could just have thrown Ryoma at all of them and it would yield better results
Also, if you're having trouble with Hexing Rods now... oh, boy, Conquest is gonna make you love them
But the most important question is: WAIT WAIT WAIT YOU CAN GET HEXING RODS?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You could just have thrown Ryoma at all of them and it would yield better results
Also, if you're having trouble with Hexing Rods now... oh, boy, Conquest is gonna make you love them
But the most important question is: WAIT WAIT WAIT YOU CAN GET HEXING RODS?
Tried throwing Ryoma at them and nah. He got through the guard on the bridge but because of the Hexing Rod curse, he gets demolished by Robin and not-Chrom.

And there was a limited supply of Hexing Rods and Silences in my Rod Shop so I bought them.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
we found the snapback lesbian
If only there were actual girl x girl ships in the fandom. So far, it's mostly either hetero or boy x boy from the current TMS art on Pixiv.

#TsubasaxEleonoraPlz

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If only there were actual girl x girl ships in the fandom. So far, it's mostly either hetero or boy x boy from the current TMS art on Pixiv.

#TsubasaxEleonoraPlz
Hell, I'm surprised the fans do it yet. You'd think with all the closeness these two had in the game, people would have took it and ran with it as their OTP.

I'm pretty sure this scene confirms that they are all but canon. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom