• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
If there's a New Donk City, that means there must be an older city that's just called "Donk"

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So now you can see which Squid has their special fully charged. Really nice to see the UI be more detailed this time around, getting hit by an Inkzooka out of nowhere was always annoying.

So now you can see which Squid has their special fully charged. Really nice to see the UI be more detailed this time around, getting hit by an Inkzooka out of nowhere was always annoying.
Im more excited about knowing all of the weapons both sides have (and have alive) from more than just the introTBH

:061:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Hopefully Echoes does change up the map design when it comes to battle. Big open fields like this tend to make for boring battles, in my opinion.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hopefully Echoes does change up the map design when it comes to battle. Big open fields like this tend to make for boring battles, in my opinion.
And hopefully it will have more than like 5 maps repeated ad nauseam.

One aspect of FE2 that was inarguably worse than FE1 was the maps. Way too simply and way too many repeats of basically the same layout. Even if it did fix the eye-bleeding palettes of the indoor maps that FE1 had.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A question for those interested in Arms,
Of the 5 confirmed characters so far, who would you be interested in maining?

If I'm not mistaken with their names we got
-Spring man
-Ribbon girl
-Ninjara
-Mummy masher
-Mechanika

I'm leaning towards Ninjara myself...

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
This is quite off the current topics, but has anyone here played Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2?

Saw that it was coming to the Switch recently. Dragon Ball has a place in my heart having watched it as a kid, like a lot of us I'm sure, but in terms of the games I stopped being able to appreciate them after Budokai 3.

Watched a video on the character creation for Xenoverse 2 and the fact that you can play as the Frieza race, and seeing their really awesome customization options, I'd really like to know if it's actually enjoyable.
I have played the first (Just a few times in my friend's xbox) and a think it has great controls but there's not much differnece in how the different characters control and definitely the best part is all the customization options. Not the best fighitng game but pretty good.

I love Dragon Ball and I'm excited for this game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

-Spring man
-Ribbon girl
-Ninjara
-Mummy masher
-Mechanika

I like Mechanica's design. I like her more than Ribbon girl who seems to be getting far more attention than her atm (But then again, she probably gets more attention than Spring-Man himself.... :T)

I don't know if I'll buy the game though, not because the game doesn't interest me, but moreso because fighting games in general outside of Smash, aren't really my thing. I do hope the game does well though. Though if I do end up getting the game at some point, then Mechanica probably...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm honestly excited to finally play a game as Alm.

Back in Awakening, one of the few DLC maps I purchased was the one where you recruit Alm (had to get that Dread Fighter class :p). I have no idea what the plot of Gaiden was, but Alm always seemed like an interesting character. I'm glad I'll finally be able to play through his and Celica's game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
On the subject of Gaiden, I wonder what they'll do with magic in the remake. Spells were tied to leveling up rather than spellbooks like in other games, and each character had different spells they could learn. And casting spells cost HP.

Whatever they do on that end, they better keep the Ragnarok spell and have it be as ridiculous as it is in Gaiden.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
InDEEd, I find Smashified a worthy DEEd for fans of DEE.

That last one really isn't a pun.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

-Spring man
-Ribbon girl
-Ninjara
-Mummy masher
-Mechanika

Mummy Master seems really good for a heavyweight, might main him because of that and his design being one of the better ones

D

Deleted member

In-depth thoughts on the Direct:
FE Heroes is an excuse for Nintendo to hold an international FE poll.
Good thing that seemingly EVERY playable character in the series is avaible in Heroes(and some main villains too as I spotted Nergal and Lyon when I was voteing these two days). And new art too, gimme those GBA goodies.

FE Echoes, good thing I still have money from Christmas 'cause this came outta nowhere. Gaiden is, like many NES sequels, the black sheep of the franchise since a clear base for the series hadn't been estabilished yet and I hope they keep that feeling to it while bringing some features from the newer games.
The one addition I hope is made is the Support System, it's what gives us characterization in FE games. Just DON'T make it like the 3DS games because this game has no place for marriage or children, S-Ranks can still be a thing but make it that it gives the characters a PAIRED ENDING and not simply have them **** each other.

I don't know much about Gaiden other than the presence of a world map with grinding(this will probably help newer fans who complain about Conquest's difficulty), Witches being a thing(that was my favorite "new" Fates class, I don't know if they were playable in FE2 tho) and the final boss being a... thing.

Also, #BringBackGenderlessClasses
Because reclassing with that was bull**** in FEA and maybe this time I'll get my male Witches(just call it Wizard for males or change it for something like Warlock)

Brb, gonna check FE6's official names
#DicksOutForDieck
Something I didn't think of yesterday was what Echoes will do with axes. Gaiden didn't have any playable characters that could use axes, much like FE3 Book 2. Gaiden doesn't have existing characters that it can add to resolve that like FE12 did, so I wodner if they'll add new characters or make old characters into axe users or something.

Same here.

An interesting suggestion that someone made on SF yesterday is that "Echoes" might actually be how IS brands all FE remakes going forward. The Gaiden remake's full ittle is "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia," which is quite wordy and a bit unwieldy. So maybe this is a sign that more remakes are coming.
No Axe users is okay with me, don't use them much outside of Hector and the Conquest Fighters
If they are adding the Weapon Triangle(which they SHOULD), Axe users will be necessary for balance so either they'll change characters' classes or the usable weapons of certain classes.
Wonder if either the classic Magic WT, the GBA MWT or Fates's new WT will be implemented.
The classic MWT needs the three elements to work(if these tomes already existed in Gaiden, then it's likely imo), the GBA version needs Light magic which I don't think existed back then and Fates's WT needs a replacement for Daggers or them to be implemented somehow.

Hopefully they change them a lot, FE11 and 12 were basically copy-pastes of the originals with an avatar afaik but they seem to b making enough changes in Gaiden that I believe redesigned maps can be expected

Pokemon changed some routes and areas drastically in HGSS and ORAS. Hell, we even had New Mauville in ORAS.

I am deelighted to see so many dee puns here today.

Yes indee-d but do you live dee pun life?
Are you dee-termined to do good dee-ds and not live a dee-plorable life by dee-leting the puns fron your life?

You can always go dee-per in dee rabbit hole.

Dee-l with it and re-dee-m yourself and don't let inner deemons get to you.
Looks like I'm not dee only one who is deevoted to Dee puns.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

-Spring man
-Ribbon girl
-Ninjara
-Mummy masher
-Mechanika

Honestly I really like how Ribbon Girl plays. The fact that she has great jumping ability seems really nice for spacing and pressuring.

I mean the hips are nice, don't get me wrong, but dat gameplay, man. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Has he still not been Smashified yet? I've kinda been out of the loop when it comes to Smashified....
Nope and truth be told, it annoys me just a bit. He is popular, he was wanted for smash, why hasnt he been represented yet?

Its legit the only reason Im paying attention to whoever this guy is

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He would look really good in its art style. I just wanna know why he hasnt been made yet.
I'd imagine his design style would be somewhat akin to how Ness looks in Smash 4.

Heck his Azran Legacy model is basically the same art style as the character models in Smash 3DS.

If I had a good concept art of Hershel to work with. I would have tried to make a "smashified" model for him myself. :/

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png
I respect good wordplay as much as the next guy but some of you really gotta work on your deelivery.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Deecide for yourself whom you will main.

But as for me...

I'll deemote myself for making anymore today.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'd imagine his design style would be somewhat akin to how Ness look's in Smash 4.

Heck his Azran Legacy model is basically the same art style as the character models in Smash 3DS.

If I had a good concept art of Hershel to work with. I would have made a "smashified" model for him myself. :/
And if I could do digital art, I would of helped you make him:034:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And if I could do digital art, I would of helped you make him:034:
Thanks, I was hoping to find a good front and side view concept artwork of him for me to work with when I purchased the Professor Layton fanbook. But sadly there wasn't really much of anything usable for me there. If you do find any good concept art of him somewhere, then do let me know. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom