• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fire Emblem surely is getting a ton of attention lately.

Out of the three new games shown in the FE Direct, only Echoes has interested me so far. A return to form with a better art style, more reminiscent of the older titles. The mechanics brought back from Gaiden seem interesting and looks like they will add to the game experience in addition to the classic elements.

Seems they may have gotten rid of the waifu petting and dating sim elements, and focused on the things that really matter in a FE game. I can't wait to have classic FE back!

As for FE Heroes, I don't care about mobile gaming and that game seems just a watered down FE game. Not interested.

FE Switch was barely shown, so I can't really say anything about it. FE Warriors was already known. It's nice that it will release on the New 3DS, but the Switch version will surely be the superior one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the only reason they don't have the petting is because it's a remake.

Someone in the FE production team was probably whining the entire time

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seems they may have gotten rid of the waifu petting and dating sim elements, and focused on the things that really matter in a FE game. I can't wait to have classic FE back!
They're gonna be back next game.

Those elements are a large part of why Awakening and Fates sold gangbusters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sad but true. I don't know if petting is going to stick around. Still sounds to me as creepy as it ever was and I'm truly in the dark as to how popular it became.

But that dating sim aspect is here to stay. I guess it's alright. I just clearly never became as invested in my pairings as some...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as they don't add foot petting in the next fire emblem

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think the only reason they don't have the petting is because it's a remake.

Someone in the FE production team was probably whining the entire time
Unfortunately, that may be true.

They're gonna be back next game.

Those elements are a large part of why Awakening and Fates sold gangbusters.
Unfortunately, it seems that for a series to sell these days, they need to pander to the lowest common denominator.

At least FE Echoes is bringing back a classic FE game with focus on the elements that really matter in a FE game: strategy and storytelling (hence why it's a strategy RPG in the first place).

A FE game that sticks to the series' original premise and doesn't add to its newfound reputation of being a sort of controversial weird waifu simulator is a good FE game in my book.

I could not be more hyped for a new FE game after the huge stain in the franchise that was Fates. I want a game focused on story, actual characters and strategy, and it seems like FE Echoes will deliver in that regard.

With this, I'm off.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As long as they don't add foot petting in the next fire emblem
Now that they actually have feet in FE the sky is the limit. Maybe one day we can even phase out those pesky, obtrusive TRPG elements. :p

And speaking of the sky being the limit, I think they may as well make the next Star Fox a dating sim/regular Star Fox game. That'd tap into yet another "interesting" fanbase and actually move some units for the series. xp

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Now that they actually have feet in FE the sky is the limit. Maybe one day we can even phase out those pesky, obtrusive TRPG elements. :p

And speaking of the sky being the limit, I think they may as well make the next Star Fox a dating sim/regular Star Fox game. That'd tap into yet another "interesting" fanbase and actually move some units for the series. xp
Let's not give them anymore weird ideas.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's not give them anymore weird ideas.
Fire Emblem for Switch.

Introducing a brand new system where you have to get the approval of your waifu's/husbando's parents before you marry them.

Take a look at some of these quotes from satisfied customers!

"It's just like real life!"
"This adds so more strategy than ever before!"
"Time to tip the scales!"
"They didn't like me."
"Old FE was better."
"This is amazing. I thought I loved my waifu, but I ended up marrying her mother instead! There's so much depth!"
"Perhaps I'll get my chance, another day."
"My body is ready"
"At least it's better than Shadow Dragon."
"7.8/10 Not enough petting with HD Rumble."
"WHY DID YOU CENSOR THIS?!? THE NAME WAS SPELLED DIFFERENT IN THE JAPANESE VERSION!"
"Eh. I like it."

Ever make a joke and realize it might be funny but it's really weird?
Yeah, that's me right now.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it kinds of makes sense Fox would have some kind of interaction with the crew between missions

But I think in order to pull that off they'd need to add more characters and give you the ability to switch between the characters for different missions, with the characters having different attributes

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think it kinds of makes sense Fox would have some kind of interaction with the crew between missions

But I think in order to pull that off they'd need to add more characters and give you the ability to switch between the characters for different missions, with the characters having different attributes
So Command but worse?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never played any Star Fox except SF64 and the original. I dunno

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Fire Emblem for Switch.

Introducing a brand new system where you have to get the approval of your waifu's/husbando's parents before you marry them.

"They didn't like me."
"Old FE was better."
"This is amazing. I thought I loved my waifu, but I ended up marrying her mother instead! There's so much depth!"
"My body is ready"
"WHY DID YOU CENSOR THIS?!? THE NAME WAS SPELLED DIFFERENT IN THE JAPANESE VERSION!"
"Eh. I like it."

1476536294171.gif

mmmm no thank you. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I guess I'll add what I have to say about the Fire Emblem Direct:
+++ Fire Emblem Echoes could have fooled me into thinking it was a completely new game when it's a re-imagination of Gaiden, one of the series' more obscure titles. I really like what I've seen, and should be a great way to bring the classic games to modern audiences. And with the launch date being alarmingly close (20th of May), this should be a bit more of an incentive to finish at least, Fates: Birthright, which is next in my list of 3DS games to beat after Pokémon Moon.
++ Fire Emblem coming to Switch - I eagerly await what's in store for the series' return to home consoles.
++ Fire Emblem Warriors: I am very excited at the prospect, and I would love to see some of my favourites like Roy, Ike, Eirika and Ephraim, all make an appearance as playable characters at least in some form.
++ Fire Emblem Heroes looks like it might be another mobile game that'll actually entertain me and keep me coming back (The first was Final Fantasy: Brave Exivus) for more. I like the style and the gameplay is a pretty good conversion of the series to the mobile format. I look forward to seeing this game come to life.

All in all, my final verdict for the direct is...
I just want to play Fire Emblem again.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess my Pokémon Sun team is decided now.

Torracat, Trumbeak, Cutiefly, Bagon, Bounsweet, Wingull.

A rather odd team and I'll have three flying types later on, but hey.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My team changed as I was playing. Some pokemon aren't as good as they seem or not as useful in game.

Some are just too weak to actually use.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Jeez. Totem Wishiwashi.

It can really tank hits. And Alolomola just has to use Heal Pulse. >_>

But, still managed to win.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Dude.

I doubt it.

Nintendo is playing fast and loose with their Wii U selection of "Nintendo Selects". I mean it's all relative given the install base of the system, but there's a whole list of em that have never shown up on the >1 million seller list.

But if you have a reliable citing that proves otherwise I'd love to see it.
I do.

Honestly, as far as Retro's next game is concerned, I can't see it being anything else but another Donkey Kong game. Some people think they could be working on a new IP, but I feel that is more based on wish-fulfillment than likelihood.

As far as K. Rool is concerned, do consider that the CEO of Retro Studios as well as the Retro Studios Twitter Account supported a fan-campaign to bring back K. Rool into a new game, so he'll most likely come back should there be a new DK game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Fire Emblem for Switch.

"They didn't like me."
"Old FE was better."
"My body is ready"
"Eh. I like it."

Sounds about right to me.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They bring back the romance system but how it was implemented in older games.

aka, the way Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei and Frostwraith Frostwraith is talking about Gaielden never had, a Avatar system which won't be in the game since it'll be a pure remake but S-Supports I'll exist but in a normal format the pre-3DS games did AKA it only matters in the ending. If you want what Awakening and Fates did but in a remake, you better hope they add in a Avatar in Echoes like in FE12 but there's no sign of one and the only other remake that can happen in is FE7.

Also Waifus never sold FE, those always existed and was the minorities. It was the husbandos that did it I'm because Fujos can sell a game and women are playing FE a lot more than men ever do these days.

Why do you think the male characters are better design in not only looks but personality and characteristics.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I do.

Honestly, as far as Retro's next game is concerned, I can't see it being anything else but another Donkey Kong game. Some people think they could be working on a new IP, but I feel that is more based on wish-fulfillment than likelihood.

As far as K. Rool is concerned, do consider that the CEO of Retro Studios as well as the Retro Studios Twitter Account supported a fan-campaign to bring back K. Rool into a new game, so he'll most likely come back should there be a new DK game.
I think even New Donk City had a "Krool" street.

(Please be in DKC3, please be in DKC3...)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Haven't had the chance to play Overwatch in a while, and I miss it...so it's time for an unexpected avatar change!

Speaking of which, who are your guys' characters that are your favs? Mine are Tracer > Mercy > Widowmaker > Torbjorn > D.Va.
Mercy, Soldier 76, Symmetra, McCree and Sombra

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Something I didn't think of yesterday was what Echoes will do with axes. Gaiden didn't have any playable characters that could use axes, much like FE3 Book 2. Gaiden doesn't have existing characters that it can add to resolve that like FE12 did, so I wodner if they'll add new characters or make old characters into axe users or something.
I hope they remake all the games that never left Japan for Fire Emblem.
Same here.

An interesting suggestion that someone made on SF yesterday is that "Echoes" might actually be how IS brands all FE remakes going forward. The Gaiden remake's full ittle is "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia," which is quite wordy and a bit unwieldy. So maybe this is a sign that more remakes are coming.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Konami has revealed the price for Super Bomberman R.

At first they went with $60, but soon changed it to $50.

I'm looking forward to this new Bomberman game.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Something I didn't think of yesterday was what Echoes will do with axes. Gaiden didn't have any playable characters that could use axes, much like FE3 Book 2. Gaiden doesn't have existing characters that it can add to resolve that like FE12 did, so I wodner if they'll add new characters or make old characters into axe users or something.

Same here.

An interesting suggestion that someone made on SF yesterday is that "Echoes" might actually be how IS brands all FE remakes going forward. The Gaiden remake's full ittle is "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia," which is quite wordy and a bit unwieldy. So maybe this is a sign that more remakes are coming.
They'll probably add characters like they did for Marth's first game remake.

That makes sense. I look forward to the Geneology of the Holy War remake.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I hope they remake all the games that never left Japan for Fire Emblem.
I wouldn't be surprised if it happened at some point for Genealogy. And I'd be pretty interested in what they would do with those games, but at the same time, I really have to wonder how they will handle 'that' main issue if they ever remade it, considering 'that' main issue is a key plot.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is quite off the current topics, but has anyone here played Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2?

Saw that it was coming to the Switch recently. Dragon Ball has a place in my heart having watched it as a kid, like a lot of us I'm sure, but in terms of the games I stopped being able to appreciate them after Budokai 3.

Watched a video on the character creation for Xenoverse 2 and the fact that you can play as the Frieza race, and seeing their really awesome customization options, I'd really like to know if it's actually enjoyable.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This is quite off the current topics, but has anyone here played Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2?

Saw that it was coming to the Switch recently. Dragon Ball has a place in my heart having watched it as a kid, like a lot of us I'm sure, but in terms of the games I stopped being able to appreciate them after Budokai 3.

Watched a video on the character creation for Xenoverse 2 and the fact that you can play as the Frieza race, and seeing their really awesome customization options, I'd really like to know if it's actually enjoyable.
It's really fun. I really need to play more but I have too many games on the go at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom