• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thanks, I was hoping to find a good front and side view concept artwork of him for me to work with when I purchased the Professor Layton fanbook. But sadly there wasn't really much of anything usable for me there. If you do find any good concept art of him somewhere, then do let me know. ^^
oh thats gonna be hard. Each of the pictures I found have him facing one durection. You would think with eternal diva that they would have one of those character charts that show him at different angles seeing how it was a stright up anime movie

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You know something, something that I feel we all missed, we keep asking what Retro is up to, and what Monolith Soft was up to.

But none of us have asked what Hal Labs is up to? Cause didn't they finish a Kirby game last year, so I'm thinking that they must have started developing another Kirby game for the Switch already, right?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
View attachment 125143 I respect good wordplay as much as the next guy but some of you really gotta work on your deelivery.
Don't be so dee-srespectful.
This dee-mands a dee-p undeestanding of dee Dee, dees adds a new dee-mension to wordplay which means it's dee-ceivingly dee-fficult to deeliver a good pun my dee-r.

Dee-s dee-ficulty is dee-batable though, but it gives you an i-dee lf how dee-p dee art of dee puns is.

Dee deelightful news of a deesgrace being corrected: Dee is getting smashfied.

I know, but dee opportunidee to make those puns was just too deelicious to deesmiss.
Indeed, have a good dee

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
oh thats gonna be hard. Each of the pictures I found have him facing one durection. You would think with eternal diva that they would have one of those character charts that show him at different angles seeing how it was a stright up anime movie
Yeah, its a bit ironic how Hershel of all people apparently doesn't have any front and side view concept art released by Level-5. A lot of other characters on the other hand have though, such as Luke and Inspector Grosky, even more obscure characters such as Lady Dahlia and Janice have them too. I used one of those concept drawings to make my first 3D model of Flora too. It's Hershel in particular that is being quite elusive to me though.... :T

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yeah, its a bit ironic how Hershel of all people apparently doesn't have any front and side view concept art released by Level-5. A lot of other characters on the other hand have though, such as Luke and Inspector Grosky, even more obscure characters such as Lady Dahlia and Janice have them too. I used one of those concept drawings to make my first 3D model of Flora too. It's Hershel in particular that is being quite elusive to me though.... :T
Maybe they didnt do it because no matter where you look at him, he will always look the same lol

Try to imagine looking at him from his left side and right side, It looks exactly the same. Of course the front and back are different though

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Maybe they didnt do it because no matter where you look at him, he will always look the same lol
I mean, his design is quite simplistic looking yeah, but there are still some details here and there that need some further thought put into when working on him. It's why my attempts usually have him end up looking like his rushed sausage man design from Miracle Mask.... :T

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder how many people are going to have a freakout and start ranting at Intelligent Systems for tainting their classic games with modern waifu pandering when they remake the next Fire Emblem in line chronologically.

Genealogy of the Holy War wiki page said:
Relationship System
The characters in the first half of the game can fall in love. A pair of characters require a certain amount of Lover points to become Lovers. Characters will build Lover points automatically, but they will gain more if the player ends the turn with both characters adjacent to one another, and certain pairs have unique conversations at set points in the game, which give a large amount of Lover points. When two characters are paired, and if the mother survives until a point in Chapter 5, the two parents will pass their weapons and skills on to their children. However, weapons will only be inherited if the child can use it in their first class, unless it is a Holy Weapon, which is always inherited, and only the parents' personal skills are inherited. The children then grow up to become playable units in the second half of the game. The parents also pass on their holy blood and their stat growths, giving the player some manner of control over their units' growth rates. If some of the female player characters in Sigurd's tale besides Ethlyn or Deirdre die or do not fall in love by the end of Chapter 5, substitute player characters appear in their children's place. The children can also fall in love, giving them random criticals when they stand next to their respective lovers (which is also possible in the first generation).
Oh I'm sorry, you thought that was new to Awakening and Fates?

Ahahahahahahaha.

*breathes*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAA

Ha.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I wonder how many people are going to have a freakout and start ranting at Intelligent Systems for tainting their classic games with modern waifu pandering when they remake the next Fire Emblem in line chronologically.

Ahahahahahahaha.

*breathes*

Ha.
Most older fans are aware of that system being in FE4.

One major difference is the fact that FE4 lacks an avatar/player insert character. Plus the main lord and a few other characters actually have fixed pairings.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Ahahahahahahaha.

*breathes*

Ha.
Actually thing about FE4, the children aren't tact on, massive spoiler for the game incoming by the way

Literally everyone of the units in the first half of the game become unplayable in the 2nd half, because they all get killed or become unable to continue combat, and then their kids basically take up arms to defend the home, and take down the oppressive regime that emerged after all their parents died.

So children in FE4 aren't as tact on as they are in Fates, Awakening at least had the time travel shenanigans going on to help explain the children in a reasonable way, and all but Lucina are optional.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I mean, his design is quite simplistic looking yeah, but there are still some details here and there that need some further thought put into when working on him. It's why my attempts usually have him end up looking like his rushed sausage man design from Miracle Mask.... :T
Professor Layton: A man so simple but is also so very complex

Oh man, Imagine how he, or his kids, would look on the switch

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem 12(3) says hi. But I forgot, that game doesn't count cause it was never released in the West.

That being said, that's another thing I got to wonder is will they potentially modernize Genealogy if it gets remade? And how are they going to handle the Holy Weapons you couldn't use in the original? And lots of other questions...Basically, a Genealogy remake is going to be a mystery box when it does happen.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Professor Layton: A man so simple but is also so very complex

Oh man, Imagine how he, or his kids, would look on the switch
I wonder how a Layton game in general would look like in HD. Would the art style be something akin to the 3DS Layton games, or would they go for something more brighter looking?

Since the 3DS Layton games look somewhat like the art style of Smash 3DS (Well at least Azran Legacy, Layton vs, Phoenix Wright and Lady Layton do) I wouldn't mind them trying to adopt the style of Smash Wii U for any potential Switch entries, particularly in the style similar to how Ness and Lucas are designed. I think it would look quite gorgeous.

D

Deleted member

Ahahahahahahaha.

*breathes*

Ha.
But FE4 is likely next in line, and anyone who's played that game already knows about its child system. In fact unlike in the new games
The child units are intregal to the game.
while for some people feel that the support system in the newer games is strictly just to pander to the shipping crowd.(I don't necessarily agree, but still.)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That being said, that's another thing I got to wonder is will they potentially modernize Genealogy if it gets remade? And how are they going to handle the Holy Weapons you couldn't use in the original? And lots of other questions...Basically, a Genealogy remake is going to be a mystery box when it does happen.
If SoV is anything to go by, I think they might actually keep most of the unique mechanics/aspects intact.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Most older fans are aware of that system being in FE4.

One major difference is the fact that FE4 lacks an avatar/player insert character. Plus the main lord and a few other characters actually have fixed pairings.
So people aren't worried about "shipping" in general, but about self insertion and. . .I guess the lack of writing detail that comes with offering a greater variety?

I mean, I thought the avatars had their own distinct personalities such that they could hold up without being a self-insert, but I guess the principle of the thing bothers some people.

Actually think about FE4, the children aren't tact on, massive spoiler for the game incoming by the way

Literally everyone of the units in the first half of the game become unplayable in the 2nd half, because they all get killed or become unable to continue combat, and then their kids basically take up arms to defend the home, and take down the oppressive regime that emerged after all their parents died.

So children in FE4 aren't as tact on as they are in Fates, Awakening at least had the time travel shenanigans going on to help explain the children in a reasonable way, and all but Lucina are optional.
So it's not the child system, it's that it's thrown onto the plot?

See, this is why I always ask for clarification for certain types of complaints about video games. I see the general public blame the entire concept of something because it's quicker that way,but usually it's really a specific detail that's bugging them. Granted, some things are a bit harder to fix than others, but specifics are always more helpful than vague hatred of an entire concept.

Of course, I can't trust people to not rant vaguely about waifus in Genealogy of the Holy War and act like they couldn't have seen it coming ANYWAY. . .

*EDIT* I'm sorry if I was rude saying all this, I don't want to offend anyone. If I said anything wrong just tell me and I'll delete it!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't have a problem with the children in Awakening because they were worked into the plot, in Fates, however, they were literally thrown in only because of their popularity in FEA and you can't just ignore them because your options are severely limited without them. And this also set a scary precedent for future games.

Also, I watched the Gaiden trailer and the animation transitions look much smoother when compared to the other two 3DS games. Like, there was a clear gap between when an attack animation happened and the unit dodged or received the hit and when the counterattack started.
Now you can see in the trailer an unit dodging and immediately countering OUT OF THE DODGE.
And the animations feel much more natural too.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Bandana D is cool and all, don't get me wrong, but there's only one character I'd like to see Smashified, and it's Nicky/Savvy Stylist/Trend Setter/ Fashionista.

But I don't have to worry about that because she'll most likely be playable in Smash 5, being the face of a modern and successful first-party Nintendo IP and all. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I didn't have a problem with the children in Awakening because they were worked into the plot, in Fates, however, they were literally thrown in only because of their popularity in FEA and you can't just ignore them because your options are severely limited without them. And this also set a scary precedent for future games.

Also, I watched the Gaiden trailer and the animation transitions look much smoother when compared to the other two 3DS games. Like, there was a clear gap between when an attack animation happened and the unit dodged or received the hit and when the counterattack started.
Now you can see in the trailer an unit dodging and immediately countering OUT OF THE DODGE.
And the animations feel much more natural too.
Atleast we will have the remakes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Ivander

Smash Legend
If SoV is anything to go by, I think they might actually keep most of the unique mechanics/aspects intact.
They might, it's possible. But SoV's deal is that it still has features that never really moved to the later games, like the free town & dungeon exploring, random battles, Shrines, Spell learning, etc. Most of Genealogy's features have returned in later games and have been either modernized or improved, with only the Holy Blood system never making a comeback. Shadow Dragon did add recurring features that weren't in the original, like the Weapon Triangle and recurring classes, but it's attempt of trying to keep close to the original made it feel like a lot of steps back(although the Gaiden Chapters and willingly letting units die to get new characters did not help it as well).
So it's possible that they can keep some of Genealogy's features in tact, but at the same time, if it sticks too close to the original, it runs the risk of unnecessary backtracking as well as potentially alienating those who have become used to how the features have become. Like I can definitely see the Avatar not returning for Genealogy(and probably for the better), but I don't really see the Relationship system staying the same considering how much more accessible the Support system has become.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It depends on how they handle the characters. Except for the main and returning FE1 characters, most of the cast don't have defined personalities beyond reasons for joining the war. That said I'm more hopeful than I was regarding Fates for a couple reasons:

1. There is a structure for the story, characters, and base gameplay features. It's small, but it's there.
2. Gaiden's story was always more structured than Marth's games IMO. There's only one central plotline with defined endings.
3. Kozaki doesn't seem to have any involvement. pleasekeephimawayfromFE16nextyear
4. IS isn't working on 3 different stories at the same time nor trying to balance too many things at once into a single story.
5. There does not seem to be an avatar present like FE12.

It has been more or less confirmed there will be new recruitable characters but we'll see how that goes. Beyond expanding upon Gaiden's base gameplay and map design, I'm only expecting supports, which I think are guaranteed to be more limited than FE13/14 given you're in control of two armies.

D

Deleted member

It depends on how they handle the characters. Except for the main and returning FE1 characters, most of the cast don't have defined personalities beyond reasons for joining the war. That said I'm more hopeful than I was regarding Fates for a couple reasons:

1. There is a structure for the story, characters, and base gameplay features. It's small, but it's there.
2. Gaiden's story was always more structured than Marth's games IMO. There's only one central plotline with defined endings.
3. Kozaki doesn't seem to have any involvement. pleasekeephimawayfromFE16nextyear
4. IS isn't working on 3 different stories at the same time nor trying to balance too many things at once into a single story.
5. There does not seem to be an avatar present like FE12.

It has been more or less confirmed there will be new recruitable characters but we'll see how that goes. Beyond expanding upon Gaiden's base gameplay and map design, I'm only expecting supports, which I think are guaranteed to be more limited than FE13/14 given you're in control of two armies.
How DOES the two armies thing work? Does it constantly change between certain chapters or is it like RD where it after a certain point?
Also, this is more into spoiler territory, do they both join together by the end?

Ivander

Smash Legend
How DOES the two armies thing work? Does it constantly change between certain chapters or is it like RD where it after a certain point?
Also, this is more into spoiler territory, do they both join together by the end?
Basically, you switch between Alm and Celica's armies during the game. Eventually on the last chapter, both join together.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In the first chapter you control only Alm's army, and in the second only Celica's. After that, you control both at the same time, but they are separated into different areas of the world map. They don't unite until the final map of the game.

D

Deleted member

To those who made the newest FE6 English patch and those that believe in them
Screenshot_2017-01-19-15-32-28-1.png

IN. YOUR. ****ING. FACE.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Kozaki doesn't seem to have any involvement. pleasekeephimawayfromFE16nextyear
Just out of curiosity, what is it that you dislike about Yusuke Kozaki? I remember you mentioning that you weren't a fan of him back when I started that Fire Emblem Awakening discussion in late August, but I forget to ask you at the time.

I know his character designs are the most common complaint about him (and I can see that when you have characters like Effie and Sophie and their fan-service designs), but I don't usually see complaints about his art online.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just out of curiosity, what is it that you dislike about Yusuke Kozaki? I remember you mentioning that you weren't a fan of him back when I started that Fire Emblem Awakening discussion in late August, but I forget to ask you at the time.

I know his character designs are the most common complaint about him (and I can see that when you have characters like Effie and Sophie and their fan-service designs), but I don't usually see complaints about his art online.
It's mostly the art style and the general feel they create.

Before FE was a more serious series and part of that was due to its artsylte. Now it's more mainstream and that has some good and bad implications.

Granted I think both styles are fine, but many prefer one or the other.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In Kozaki's defense, the most commonly criticized design elements from Awakening/Fates in my experience were the outfits/armor design((hings like Female Great Knights having visible panties IIRC and F!Corrin's thigh holes), and he apparently was not responsible for a lot of that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
In Kozaki's defense, the most commonly criticized design elements from Awakening/Fates in my experience were the outfits/armor design((hings like Female Great Knights having visible panties IIRC and F!Corrin's thigh holes), and he apparently was not responsible for a lot of that.
So he wasnt the one that made Charlett look like a total who- I mean look like that?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hearing this reminds of that one artist who made a character and when that artist showed that character to a developer, the developer said to make them sexier. Not to mention when people blamed Team Ninja for Other M's story.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
*EDIT* I'm sorry if I was rude saying all this, I don't want to offend anyone. If I said anything wrong just tell me and I'll delete it!
There's no need to apologize. Stand by your opinions and your mistakes.

But one of these days, people will learn to actually play video games and enjoy them instead of spending all day ******** about them online. ;)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
ugh..getting a metal coat is so hard.
Using a butterfree with cmpound eyes and using thief on

...anyone have a spare Scizor? Or could anyone breed a scyther and then evolve it for me? Would be much apprecaited.

Already spent 40mins, but I'll do another 40m in the meantime if noone has a metal coat/scizor b4 I give up.....since I gotta trade with a friend soon.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I just had a couple of Battle Royale matches with Frostwraith, Liquid and ShadowKoopa.
Didn't know it could be this much fun.

Yes, this is my first time battling online with Pokémon so excuse the excitement please. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom