• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Is the Switch THAT underpowered?

Are we in trouble here?
I think it depends on who is porting it and whether or not they were actually being serious about importing the graphics or were being lazy. Cause really, when it comes to ports, some definitely do not take them seriously.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still think a Fire Emblem Soul Calibur game would have been better. Fire Emblem Souls I guess it could be called.

This'll be the 4th Dynasty Warriors spin off I've played.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I will not see the Fire Emblem direct, since again, it's way too late for me. (Damn you Nintendo >_>)
But I hope everyone that will watch it live will enjoy it! And that the direct is good too.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's a matter of not putting in the effort because they're not sure how the Switch will do. No point pouring in a ton of money on a console that could fail.

It's why the Fifa port is using the X360/PS3 versions rather than XBone/PS4.

D

Deleted member

If they labeled it as a portable console that can hook up to tvs people would definitely love it more.
I don't think it would be as exciting as playing home console games on the go for the average consumer.
Not to mention that if it were a marketed as a handheld device, it would be very overpriced.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To me it seems obvious that the more you believe in a system, the more you invest in making a good port. I don't think it's so much "laziness" as it is companies not having much faith in the Switch, or being burned too often by Nintendo. Therefore they invest less, and, if history is an indication, they lose less.

Makes sense from a business perspective, which is how these businesses are looking at it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I also imagine after FEW is released we probably will get a Hyrule Warriors 2.
I'd guess they'd probably move on to another Nintendo IP should FEW be successful. They've run the Zelda well pretty dry, even with BotW to work with now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

This is all over my twitter, so I thought the thread could enjoy it, though I'm putting it in a spoiler so it doesn't clutter the posts, I hope others do the same
1: Awakening
2: Fe7
3: Niles
4: Anna
5: Lyn
6: Black Knight
7: Lucina
8: Nina
9: Lucian
10: Xander
11: Tiki
12: Xane
13: Mani Katti
14: Shadow Dragon
15 Donnel
16: Corrin
17: Freelancer
18: Fe7
19: Awakening
20: Fates, Conquest
21: Normal
22: Black Knight
23: Less fanservice and no kid units unless it's like Genealogy
24: Anna
1. Sacred Stones
2. Radiant Dawn or Fates: Conquest
3. Ranulf
4. Jill
5. Lief or Lyn
6. Travant
7. Lief
8. Takumi
9. Nino
10. Jill
11. Nasir
12. Ranulf
13. Forseti
14. Shadow Dragon
15. Kris
16. Corrin (Kris if he counts)
17. Griffon Knights (It's not bad, but it's implemented poorly in Awakening)
18. Thracia or Path of Radiance
19. Path of Radiance
20. Fates: Conquest
21. Hard/Lunatic
22. Ranulf
23. No children and a revamp of the support system.
24. Huh?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One and a half hours until FE Direct.

Remember when Nitnendo directs were a regular thing and they at least made it feel as if there was a load of stuff coming out from Nintendo at all times, even if it was gimmicky "after the presentation" stuff? I hope we can have that back.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They said it would be built from the ground up specifically for the Switch.

Whatever that means.
Sounds like it's a half-truth at best considering that'd be more expensive than using either the PS3/360 or the PS4/XB1 versions as a base.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked when the Justice League met Batman Beyond and Old Man Static

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
An hour and a half is too long. . . man i really freaking hope FE mobile is good and ISN'T iphone timed exclusive like mario

Oh then **** him

. . .unless he doesnt bring the horse to FEW than he can stay.
But otherwise **** him!
:061:
Well since the horse isn't in his artwork I'd imagine he'd stick with his non mounted appearance.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This was a great and fun interview.

Also, REGGIE IS A ****ING SAVAGE!!!!

HOLY ****, PROJARED DID NOT EXPECT THAT!

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'd guess they'd probably move on to another Nintendo IP should FEW be successful. They've run the Zelda well pretty dry, even with BotW to work with now.
Actually, Koei Tecmo, didn't, since they didn't pull from all the Zelda games, they missed out on the Four Swords Trilogy, which would give Toon Link another weapon, as well as bring in Vaati, and the Oracle Games, which add more villains. Plus they did also skip out on some story important characters from the games already in HW, so they have more characters to draw on there, some of those being Groose, Makar, Saria and Nabooro to name a few, plus they still have weapons they haven't used.

They also could add more Original generation characters based of off more bosses and enemies like they did with Volga and Wizzro.

So the well really isn't that dry at all.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It took me way to long that FEW wasn't just people over exaggerating the word few. :lol:

Anyways, outside of lords and the 6 characters that were in both Awakening and Fates, the characters I'd really like to see are Jill, Nephenee, and Mia.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It took me way to long that FEW wasn't just people over exaggerating the word few. :lol:

Anyways, outside of lords and the 6 characters that were in both Awakening and Fates, the characters I'd really like to see are Jill, Nephenee, and Mia.
Nah, it's FEW because that's how much non-3DS representation we expect
I liked when the Justice League met Batman Beyond and Old Man Static
Honestly, Batman Beyond is better than TAS

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ok Fire Emblem Souls game. 20 character roster I guess.

1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Chrom/Lucina
4. Corrin
5. Azura
6. Ryoma
7. Xander
8. Tharja
9. Cordelia
10. Gaius
11. Hector
12. Lyndis
13. Black Knight
14. Anna
15. Tiki
16. Inigo/Severa
17. Owain
18. Roy/Eliwood
19. Ephraim
20. Robin

I can't think of a 20th character but otherwise I think this would be a good roster. Also it may be obvious but the second character in a row would be the player 2 version.

Edit: Duh Robin how'd I forget about him/her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, Koei Tecmo, didn't, since they didn't pull from all the Zelda games, they missed out on Four Swords Trilogy, which would give Toon Link another weapon, as well as bring in Vaati, and the Oracle Games, which add more villains.
So they entirely skipped the Capcom-developed Zelda games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok Fire Emblem Souls game. 20 character roster I guess.

1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Chrom/Lucina
4. Corrin
5. Azura
6. Ryoma
7. Xander
8. Tharja
9. Cordelia
10. Gaius
11. Hector
12. Lyndis
13. Black Knight
14. Anna
15. Tiki
16. Inigo/Severa
17. Owain
18. Roy/Eliwood
19. Ephraim
20. ??

I can't think of a 20th character but otherwise I think this would be a good roster. Also it may be obvious but the second character in a row would be the player 2 version.
Someone like Virion or Takumi could be neat to add in a bow user.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think for Fire Emblem Warriors I hope to see classes that are much more unique and fun than average but are unfortunately rarely predicted and fairly unlikely due to the sheer amount of boring cardboard sword using main characters getting in the way.

At least Corrin is a Manakete and Xander is a mounted unit, but other than that the main characters teased are pretty. . .bad about being interesting. And even a normal mount isn't that great since they're a dime a dozen in Fire Emblem.

I don't want fifteen more sword users, I want a Pegasus Knight, a Beaststone user, and a Scroll user, and that goes in increasing unlikelihood from "all games, but rarely a main character" to "some games but even more rarely a main character" to "pretty much just a couple of really minor characters in Birthright/Revelation." But all three seem like they'd be more fun and visually pleasing than the twenty usually sword dominated pointy sticks that every single roster seems to be made up of.

Also I saw rosters with two Tikis before. In that case I'd rather have Bantu instead of one of them. Fun fact: he's actually still alive in Awakening, he just never shows up except to Nowi offscreen.

. . .Bantu was the one who broke the curse on Tiki and allowed her to be recruited in the first place, at least in Shadow Dragon. Am I the only one who remembers Bantu?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That sounds like PR talk for, "it'll be an upgraded/downgraded port, with shoe-ined features"
It could be honestly.

I just found it interesting that it was directly in response to the suggestion that it was the 360/PS3 version.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So with the Fire Emblem Direct starting soon, I want to start a new Fire Emblem discussion:

Which cast of characters did you like more: The characters from Awakening or the entire Nohrian cast from Fates?

I decided to go with the Nohrian cast rather than the entire Fates cast because most people prefer the Nohrians to the Hoshidans, and I want to see how do others think the Nohrians compare to the Awakening characters.

I personally liked the Nohrian cast more, but I'm curious to see what's everyone else's answers will be.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think for Fire Emblem Warriors I hope to see classes that are much more unique and fun than average but are unfortunately rarely predicted and fairly unlikely due to the sheer amount of boring cardboard sword using main characters getting in the way.

At least Corrin is a Manakete and Xander is a mounted unit, but other than that the main characters teased are pretty. . .bad about being interesting. And even a normal mount isn't that great since they're a dime a dozen in Fire Emblem.

I don't want fifteen more sword users, I want a Pegasus Knight, a Beaststone user, and a Scroll user, and that goes in increasing unlikelihood from "all games, but rarely a main character" to "some games but even more rarely a main character" to "pretty much just a couple of really minor characters in Birthright/Revelation." But all three seem like they'd be more fun and visually pleasing than the twenty usually sword dominated pointy sticks that every single roster seems to be made up of.

Also I saw rosters with two Tikis before. In that case I'd rather have Bantu instead of one of them. Fun fact: he's actually still alive in Awakening, he just never shows up except to Nowi offscreen.

. . .Bantu was the one who broke the curse on Tiki and allowed her to be recruited in the first place, at least in Shadow Dragon. Am I the only one who remembers Bantu?
I think at the very least a Pegasus Knight could be playable. Likely either Caeda or Sumia considering Chrom and potentially Marth may be important story-wise.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So with the Fire Emblem Direct starting soon, I want to start a new Fire Emblem discussion:

Which cast of characters did you like more: The characters from Awakening or the entire Nohrian cast from Fates?

I decided to go with the Nohrian cast rather than the entire Fates cast because most people prefer the Nohrians to the Hoshidans, and I want to see how do others think the Nohrians compare to the Awakening characters.

I personally liked the Nohrian cast more, but I'm curious to see what's everyone else's answers will be.
Well, I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked the Nohr cast mostly for Lazlow, Selena, and Odin, so I guess Awakening.

Birthright has my favorite cast I think though out of Fates, and PoR and RD have my favorite cast in the franchise so far.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Desires for FE warriors
Roy, Lyn, Caeda, Someone who uses a spear for heir moveset but isn't a General or mounted. EX Chrom with a Lance moveset

Direct Predictions:
FE mobile is a card game or something. Microtransactions for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyys. Dissapointing in general
FE warriors doesnt go into tooooooooooooooo much depth. A few things here and there but no more than maybe a basic plot or gamepaly. Has OCs including the Big Bad.
Some kind of port to Switch

mobile game can intereact with the other 2 games in some way.
:061:
(So basically FE:Mobile is an international version of Cipher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom