• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wait, didn't Homecoming show similarities with Miles? As in 'best friend finds out' stuff?
But by going with Miles they can tackle a few different themes to what they'd have with Peter.
Plus they can probably fit Prowler in so that'd be cool.

Wait, isn't Miles Morales supposed to be in the MCU though?

I swore that's why they had Donald Glover
No one knows who Glover's playing, that's been kept well hidden.
Plus Feige has said that Miles won't be in the MCU yet from what I recall.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

This is all over my twitter, so I thought the thread could enjoy it, though I'm putting it in a spoiler so it doesn't clutter the posts, I hope others do the same
1: Awakening
2: Fe7
3: Niles
4: Anna
5: Lyn
6: Black Knight
7: Lucina
8: Nina
9: Lucian
10: Xander
11: Tiki
12: Xane
13: Mani Katti
14: Shadow Dragon
15 Donnel
16: Corrin
17: Freelancer
18: Fe7
19: Awakening
20: Fates, Conquest
21: Normal
22: Black Knight
23: Less fanservice and no kid units unless it's like Genealogy
24: Anna
Here's mine:

(I've only played Awakening or Fates though, so my answers will be limited to those games)

1. Awakening
2. Fates, but if we had to narrow it down, I'd go with the underdog pick, Birthright, for the time being
3. Takumi
4. Oboro
5. Chrom
6. Gangrel
7. Chrom
8. Takumi
9. Laurent
10. Xander for Cavaliers, Hinoka for Pegasus Knights
11. Nowi
12. Kaden, hands down
13. Either the Fujin Yumi or the Guard Naginata
14. Awakening (I only played Awakening and Fates at the moment, but I liked Awakening a lot)
15. Iago and Hans
16. Robin
17. Hmm, probably Kinshi Knight, mainly because they are underwhelming units for the most part (minus Reina in Birthright Chapter 11).
18. Fates: Birthright
19. Fates: Both the Hoshidan and Nohrian cast
20. Fates: Conquest
21. I've recently started to play Hard: Classic
22. Takumi, hands down
23. A better written story than Fates and Awakening
24. Waifu: Azura (technically Oboro, but I ship her with either Takumi or Hinata); Husbando: Chrom

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The Switch version looks like an early gen 7 game. >_<
Considering the Wii U was a bit above Gen 7, the Switch is a bit above the Wii U, and the uh. . .alleged texture on the lower portal, I don't think they tried as hard to make it look proper on the system as they could have.

Not that some of the models aren't nearly identical if you look past the attempt at showing off light physics to justify working on Gen 8 anyway. I mean, it's pretty (the reflection on the floor, not the swarm of dots), but it's not really physically necessary to anything.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I wonder if they'll announce a Switch version then.
If that's the case on Tekken 7, then all means, I am thinking about getting it. I am just hoping they don't cut features to make it fit, but just stick to the full game if a Switch release is happening.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing I expect for the direct is Marth and Ike confirmed playable for FEW
I don't think Ike would be shown off before Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma, who were hinted at in the trailer.

Then again...we saw Lucario vs Blaziken in the first Pokken sneak peek, and the latter was the last base game character revealed...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sun update.

Defeated Hala.
Cutiefly made short work of his team. Mankey, Makuhita and Crabrawler couldn't hurt a (cutie)fly. :p

Oh, and Bagon is part of my team now.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think Ike would be shown off before Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma, who were hinted at in the trailer.

Then again...we saw Lucario vs Blaziken in the first Pokken sneak peek, and the latter was the last base game character revealed...
Damn, I really hope that's not the case. Ike and The Black Knight are characters I really want to see soon. Or really any character not from Fates or Awakening. Those games are just about to hit overrated status for me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I just want Ike to be shown off so my anxiety won't get the best of me. I know he's a shoo-in, but I'd still be paranoid that he wasn't gonna be playable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sun update.

Defeated Hala.
Cutiefly made short work of his team. Mankey, Makuhita and Crabrawler couldn't hurt a (cutie)fly. :p

Oh, and Bagon is part of my team now.
Yes, another person on the Cutiefly/Ribombee hype train. :p

I'm telling you, there's a strong chance the little guy will reach favorite status by the end.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Could be a case of a game being under-optimized. Let's wait until other 3rd party stuff fares.
I don't think we will get the chance man.

Maybe I'm overreacting though. It's the same game just with less graphical power in exchange for portability right? No other differences?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Is the Switch THAT underpowered?

Are we in trouble here?
Nah. For a home console, the Switch is very underwhelming, but you still have to remember that for a portable console, it's very impressive.

The portability is what's really going to set the Switch apart from the rest.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Maybe I'm overreacting though. It's the same game just with less graphical power in exchange for portability right? No other differences?
Well I mean, it certainly looks like the same thing with a poorly optimized prettiness downgrade and no other changes, so I'd guess.

I think it was a given before the Switch was even a concept on a table somewhere that third parties weren't going to give Nintendo a fair chance, though. I feel like it's been an endless loop of the fandom being newly shocked over the inevitable for the past year and it's going to keep looping for at least another one.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nah. For a home console, the Switch is very underwhelming, but you still have to remember that for a portable console, it's very impressive.

The portability is what's really going to set the Switch apart from the rest.
If they labeled it as a portable console that can hook up to tvs people would definitely love it more.

Desires for FE warriors
Roy, Lyn, Caeda, Someone who uses a spear for heir moveset but isn't a General or mounted. EX Chrom with a Lance moveset

Direct Predictions:
FE mobile is a card game or something. Microtransactions for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyys. Dissapointing in general
FE warriors doesnt go into tooooooooooooooo much depth. A few things here and there but no more than maybe a basic plot or gamepaly. Has OCs including the Big Bad.
Some kind of port to Switch

mobile game can intereact with the other 2 games in some way.
:061:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Desires for FE warriors
Roy, Lyn, Caeda, Someone who uses a spear for heir moveset but isn't a General or mounted. EX Chrom with a Lance moveset

Direct Predictions:
FE mobile is a card game or something. Microtransactions for dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyys. Dissapointing in general
FE warriors doesnt go into tooooooooooooooo much depth. A few things here and there but no more than maybe a basic plot or gamepaly. Has OCs including the Big Bad.
Some kind of port to Switch

mobile game can intereact with the other 2 games in some way.
:061:
What about Azura or Ephraim?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Is the Switch THAT underpowered?

Are we in trouble here?
I think third-parties could do better than that if they invested more into the ports.

I just don't think they will until and unless the Switch actually takes off. An outcome which won't exactly be aided by ports like this. :/

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If they labeled it as a portable console that can hook up to tvs people would definitely love it more.
Then people would just start gloating about "LOOOOOL Nintendo left the console business to double down on a dying market Nintendoomed confirmed!!11!"

There's already a couple of people doing it, but that would send it into overdrive.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder if we will get a character or 2 made for FEW or if Chrom is gonna be the main character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Then people would just start gloating about "LOOOOOL Nintendo left the console business to double down on a dying market Nintendoomed confirmed!!11!"

There's already a couple of people doing it, but that would send it into overdrive.
Some online naysaying doesn't matter if it actually sells. Some people were relentless towards the Wii, but look how that did.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Am I the only one who isn't a Fire Emblem player but is still watching the Direct?
I don't care for FE at all, but I may as well check it out.

AFAIK, it's pretty much the same game, just lower visual fidelity.

That seems to be how most of the third party ports are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom