• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So with the Fire Emblem Direct starting soon, I want to start a new Fire Emblem discussion:

Which cast of characters did you like more: The characters from Awakening or the entire Nohrian cast from Fates?

I decided to go with the Nohrian cast rather than the entire Fates cast because most people prefer the Nohrians to the Hoshidans, and I want to see how do others think the Nohrians compare to the Awakening characters.

I personally liked the Nohrian cast more, but I'm curious to see what's everyone else's answers will be.
Well I mean, Awakening has Chrom, and I always liked Hoshido more than Nohr, so...

...Awakening it is, for me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Actually, Koei Tecmo, didn't, since they didn't pull from all the Zelda games, they missed out on Four Swords Trilogy, which would give Toon Link another weapon, as well as bring in Vaati, and the Oracle Games, which add more villains. Plus they did also skip out on some story important characters from the games already in HW, so they have more characters to draw on there, some of those being Groose, Makar, Saria and Nabooro to name a few., plus they still have weapons they haven't used.

They also could add more Original generation characters based of off more bosses and enemies like they did with Volga and Wizzro.

So the well really isn't that dry at all.
When your big new guns to advertise the game rest on Vaati, Groose and Saria you're nearing the bottom of the well, friendo. There's residue, sure, but enough to pack a sequel with, that would actually appeal to people other than hardcore Zelda fans who are like "Cool, Onox!"... iunno.

I would agree with you if they hadn't added so many noteworthy characters as DLC. If anything we'd just get another damn port with BotW stuff and maybe Vaati or an Oracles pack.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
See that kids?
This is what a heretic looks like!
Oppossum is not the only one. I too would personally prefer living in Hoshido compared to Nohr.

------

Well, I'll be heading out for a bit. I'm busy these next 4 hours. If my afternoon class finishes early, I might come back here before 7 PM CT (a possibility since it's syllabus week, and classes may or may not finish early depending on what is covered) to share my thoughts on the Direct, but for the time being, I'm off.

See you all in the next few hours! Have fun to all those that will be watching the Direct live!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh cool, watching Justice League and the Batman Beyond Royal Flush gang is here
And they have the voices of the Teen Titans! There's even a...goth...chick
OH GOD THIS IS GONNA HURT
That goth chick is voiced by Tara Strong

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think at the very least a Pegasus Knight could be playable. Likely either Caeda or Sumia considering Chrom and potentially Marth may be important story-wise.
I hope it's Caeda.

Shadow Dragon may have had less life overall than Awakening, but Caeda recruiting half the enemy units in the game through any number of excuses and means up to and including letting the enemy have crushes on her despite her loving Marth was still way more interesting than Sumia's vague romance with Chrom and Colette Syndrome. Plus Caeda even got a unique weapon in Shadow Dragon and is THE first Pegasus Knight ever able to be gotten.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I won't be able to watch the direct live due to being in class.

That said, I'm hoping for three things.

• Info of FE Mobile
  • Info on FE Warriors
  • Info on the Possible FE Fates Port

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't know you can upgrade the Switch with micro SD card storage.

I did that with the 3DS so it makes sense.

That's pretty good. I'll have a lot more memory on the Switch than I ever did on the wii u

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it'll be Cordelia since she's more popular.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cordelia shows up given her popularity (hell she's one of my favorite units :p). I'm just saying Sumia has arguably more story reason to be there, since she's Chrom's canonical love interest/wife. :p

Likewise with Caeda if Marth has a ton of story importance.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I didn't know you can upgrade the Switch with micro SD card storage.

I did that with the 3DS so it makes sense.

That's pretty good. I'll have a lot more memory on the Switch than I ever did on the wii u
It's compatible with every possible file size on that format, too.

It's able to use up to 2 Terabyte storage and that isn't even on the market yet. 1 Terabyte will be soon, but it'll be crazy expensive.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I won't be able to watch the direct live due to being in class.

That said, I'm hoping for three things.

• Info of FE Mobile
  • Info on FE Warriors
  • Info on the Possible FE Fates Port
What about the most important thing

:4corrin: amiibo
Here's the thing
I recognize her from a thumbnail of 'Most tragic Justice League moments'
Yeah but the voice actors from TT were all on JL/JLU

Also vise versa

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was more a fan of Tharja before I had interaction with her in game

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That ***** is popular af.

They made a statue of her, didn't they? Or some sort of figurine.

She's gonna be playable.
I believe she was also supposed to have a trophy in the 3DS version of Smash 4 before that got scrapped so yeah....

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree with Sakurai, Navarre is the coolest. But we're probably not going to get him.

So I'll make due with Caeda. I always thought she was pretty and the pegasus style should be interesting.

And if we don't get either then wtf.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was more a fan of Tharja before I had interaction with her in game
Henry's a better Dark Mage personality wise, IMO. And design wise.

"I'm gonna kill you! :) "

I bet he'd use crows, too. Tharja's got her curses, sure, but those aren't crows.

Caw, caw.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean I can't ask for much more from Fire Emblem Warriors beyond "make Chrom fun and give Sakurai even more cool things to pull a Moveset from for Smash 5" but I'd love it if Virion made it.

That'd depend on roster size mainly, and Takumi is definitely more likely as an archer, but hey, he got into TMS.

D

Deleted member

That ***** is popular af.

They made a statue of her, didn't they? Or some sort of figurine.

She's gonna be playable.
Well yeah, she also has waifu pillows and naked statues of her.(The kind with clothing that you remove.)

I mean, these probably exist for other female FE characters too, but whenever I google Tharja it's so easy to find this kind of stuff. :p

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So they entirely skipped the Capcom-developed Zelda games.
Yeah, pretty much.

When your big new guns to advertise the game rest on Vaati, Groose and Saria you're nearing the bottom of the well, friendo. There's residue, sure, but enough to pack a sequel with, that would actually appeal to people other than hardcore Zelda fans who are like "Cool, Onox!"... iunno.

I would agree with you if they hadn't added so many noteworthy characters as DLC. If anything we'd just get another damn port with BotW stuff and maybe Vaati or an Oracles pack.
Thing is, those characters are really wanted by most Zelda fans, so I honestly think they could honestly get alot of fans to buy a HW2, plus don't forget Twilight Princess is missing alot of its side story important characters, so they could easily get people hyped up with the inclusion of the characters from the Group in TP.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Problem is Henry's personality was changed quite a bit in the localization
Yeaaaah that does make it a bit harder. He was faking the smiles in the original and it comes off more genuine in the US version, right?

He still has a better design either way, though. And crows. Caw.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I bet he'd use crows, too. Tharja's got her curses, sure, but those aren't crows.

Caw, caw.
I don't think I used Dark Mages

I used mostly Panne, Lon'qu, Lissa

I mostly used Myrmidon's, Generals, Knights, and archer

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
FINALLY got SF3: 3rd Strike to work.

Now I need a controler.

Caw, caw.
As a crow, I approve this message.

I mean I can't ask for much more from Fire Emblem Warriors beyond "make Chrom fun and give Sakurai even more cool things to pull a Moveset from for Smash 5" but I'd love it if Virion made it.

That'd depend on roster size mainly, and Takumi is definitely more likely as an archer, but hey, he got into TMS.
The group had an idea of making an "Archer" moveset then having different entrance/victory cutscenes and VA for each.

That way we can get Wil, one of my favorite archers. :)

D

Deleted member

Problem is Henry's personality was changed quite a bit in the localization
For the better anyway, because localized Henry is hilarious, he's a bit more boring in the original untranslated version. He doesn't really embrace death and violence at all, if anything he fears it.(I.E. Wanting to go out with a painless death in the Japanese version, but wanting to go out with a gruesome one in the localization.) Gregor was another character which the localization made him a better character. Which funny because both are among my favorite characters in awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom