• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if Nintendo is purposely leaking false information to try and counter all the real leaks that came out last year

Chrono.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Friendly reminder not to ever trust these people ever again:

View attachment 125032

They were wrong about everything they "leaked."

I hope you learned your lesson.
When it comes to software, I have no faith in these rumours or leaks they post.

A different story when it comes to hardware since Laura at least got stuff right, but it's not that much better either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Friendly reminder not to ever trust these people ever again:

View attachment 125032

They were wrong about everything they "leaked."

I hope you learned your lesson.
They were wrong about everything, especially Laura
who leaked things that patents would later confirm
who leaked the PS4 Slim
who leaked Guardians of the Galaxy's Telltale game
who leaked the date of the Switch's announcement
who leaked the fact it wouldn't be called 'Wii'
who mentioned a Rabbids Mario game before Nintendo coincidentally show a Mario themed Rabbid plushie in a video
She got things wrong, yes, but she didn't get everything wrong. I know you're part of a group who hates game journalist, especially LGBT friendly ones as they are 'sjws' but come on

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It got C and D'd immediately because the creator was dumb and created a go fund me for it.
From what I understand it didn't get C and D'd. but it did have its Pateron page removed.

The project is still going, I just assume Alvin Earthworm is having some life troubles.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
We're gonna hear Medal in 20 ****ing 17.

Amazing.

I hope he has a match or two left in him.

Christian, DDP and Rick Rude are also rumored.

Gonna be a good year for inductions in general.
Kurt Angle vs John Cena
Kurt Angle vs Undertaker
Kurt Angle vs Dolph Ziggler
Kurt Angle vs Seth Rollins
Kurt Angle vs Rusev
Kurt Angle vs Cesaro
Kurt Angle vs Kevin Owens
Kurt Angle vs Sami Zayn
i could go on and on and on.So many dream matches

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if WayForward has any support plans for the Switch.

INB4 they re-release their "Mighty Switch Force" games. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Got the 4 Island Guardians! Tapu Bolo gave me the most trouble since I would keep either juusssst killing it, or killing it staright away. Its heal thing didnt help once I got it right but after its gimick wore off, I caught it no problem. Should have waited till that grass ting stopped.
Route 8 has quick balls

Thrifty Mart actually has timer balls, and they are half off there
Thanksss!!! Gonna stock up!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Regardless of whether or not anyone believes the leakers, several of the things they either leaked or "leaked" were grounded in things Nintendo stated or was suspicious about themselves.

Retro making a new project and it not being Metroid or DK? Interview from 2014.

Smash Bros having a Switch version? The Japanese Ballot said it could be used for future reference for something. . .which would also mean new characters.

A third version of Pokemon Sun and Moon on the Switch? There's some data in Sun and Moon's coding that implies a third version and according to an interview Pokemon Company is apparently on the fence whether they want to put their next game on the 3DS or the Switch, with another interview confirming that mainline Pokemon will be on the system eventually.

The main thing that's been weird is that Animal Crossing has also been incredibly suspicious with the mobile app's interactivity and the Animal Crossing Facebook liking the Switch Facebook, but leakers have said not a peep on that.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, that's all I'm saying. Common sense dictates that half the things they said are true with or without them, and if your preference is to think they were lying on purpose then it's highly possible they could simply have seen the same things I did and worked from that. . .or not, if they truly had no idea whether or not Smash Switch would have more characters. It most likely will.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
When it comes to software, I have no faith in these rumours or leaks they post.

A different story when it comes to hardware since Laura at least got stuff right, but it's not that much better either.
And Laura has proven to be a 100% attention hound (Skyrim at launch my butt), so we're back to square one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'm going to be incredibly upset when this doesn't end up happening.
At first I thought, sure, that'd be cool.

But then you(or whoever) made his arms the wireframe Mac version, and that's just sick.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't know why people are so upset about these rumors not coming to fruition. They're rumors for a reason, if it turns out to be false, move on, if it turns out to be true, cool.

I don't get why people have to go out of their way to make "DON'T EVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE DDDDDX" charts

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't know why people are so upset about these rumors not coming to fruition. They're rumors for a reason, if it turns out to be false, move on, if it turns out to be true, cool.

I don't get why people have to go out of their way to make "DON'T EVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE DDDDDX" charts
Because 'U LIED 2 MEEEEE @ MOTHER TREE' people and stuff. Laura alone got death, **** and doxx threats alongside transphobic remarks.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If the baby isnt in your belly, it doesnt exsist is what I think

As in, If there is no proof of a "rumor" being real, Im not believing it
So what happens after a baby is born??

I'm not even saying the rumors are necessarily real, I'm saying that after reading several interviews from Nintendo themselves it's possible that the rumors were fibs but the games still exist ANYWAY.

I'm more just saying for people not to suddenly go "These people were wrong, so there's no way any of these games can exist!" It's a bad idea to expect them to the point of being upset when you don't get them, but I have completely unrelated reasons from Nintendo staff themselves to think a lot of things are in the works and I can already see myself getting shot down constantly because "But the fake leakers said it so it must be fake!"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If the baby isnt in your belly, it doesnt exsist is what I think
This baby doesn't exist?

Because 'U LIED 2 MEEEEE @ MOTHER TREE' people and stuff. Laura alone got death, **** and doxx threats alongside transphobic remarks.
Yeah, reading through the twitter responses was disgusting. Like I really don't think someone's rumors not being true is really the worse thing in the world.
Anyways, from my understanding, they also did get some things right. So really it's just a matter of pick and choose what you want to believe, but don't ****ing wish them to die because something you wanted didn't come true. They're just ****ing rumors.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228

Remember when people said "Don't believe the internet"? I don't think there's a better option anymore. Papers and radio are trying to sell you things and are dead, TV is similar but also has appearances to keep up. I don't think there's a different news source, so it's a gamble when you believe anything anyway. I can't really blame them for asking about rumors about these typically closed doors companies.
It's dumb but people are naturally flawed anyway~~~

Edit: The backlash, however, is quite dumb. Rumors are a risk and people shouldn't be extremely mad at a person for making them. However, attention seeking and wrong the leaker may be.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So what happens after a baby is born??
I guess I should of said If you say the baby is in your belly and dont show proof, I wont believe it

But if the baby is born Ill have to believe it exsist because its right infront of me lol

Once I see some stright up proof stars and switch smash may or do exsist, Ill start believing.
I dont even believe rumors so I cant say Im mad they got things wrong. I just dont like the attitudes of some leakers, that my issue, not they got things wrong

Last edited:

lily.

Smash Rookie

I agree. I mean when you're reporting on things like rumors and leaks, can you really be expected to be 100 percent right all the time? Not to mention that for some people, it doesn't matter how many things these people have gotten right but if they slip up once their whole reputation is ruined. It's pretty unfair, I guess perhaps I don't understand as much being someone that doesn't care much for leaks, rumors or speculation.

It upsets me to see people go out of their way to say horrible things and send threats over something like reporting a false leak. These are people and I don't think anyone should be attacked or harassed over things like this.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This baby doesn't exist?

Yeah, reading through the twitter responses was disgusting. Like I really don't think someone's rumors not being true is really the worse thing in the world.
Anyways, from my understanding, they also did get some things right. So really it's just a matter of pick and choose what you want to believe, but don't ****ing wish them to die because something you wanted didn't come true. They're just ****ing rumors.
That baby is clearly just a hyper realistic drawing

The main problem is this: It's black and white. Either you get everything right, or get everything wrong. Especially in this case as Laura not only had previously leaked things in the past, but has said "That, I got wrong, GG"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Remember when people said "Don't believe the internet"? I don't think there's a better option anymore. Papers and radio are trying to sell you things and are dead, TV is similar but also has appearances to keep up. I don't think there's a different news source, so it's a gamble when you believe anything anyway. I can't really blame them for asking about rumors about these typically closed doors companies.
It's dumb but people are naturally flawed anyway~~~
This is why you should always do some farther research with things. There's nothing wrong with believing something you find on the internet provided you can back up that belief. A lot of my knowledge on things comes from the internet, but I try to make sure that whatever I believe I can back up. Otherwise, why believe it?

If I find something outlandish, I'm not going to immediately believe it unless I find farther evidence to support it. When it comes to rumors, it's just a gamble, why get mad when it turns out to not be true?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree. I mean when you're reporting on things like rumors and leaks, can you really be expected to be 100 percent right all the time? Not to mention that for some people, it doesn't matter how many things these people have gotten right but if they slip up once their whole reputation is ruined. It's pretty unfair, I guess perhaps I don't understand as much being someone that doesn't care much for leaks, rumors or speculation.

It upsets me to see people go out of their way to say horrible things and send threats over something like reporting a false leak. These are people and I don't think anyone should be attacked or harassed over things like this.
I think it's a combination of getting all of their rumors on Switch wrong with calling out true leaks as if they were fake.

The Switch leakers came off as arrogant, and everyone likes seeing arrogant people fall

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now we're getting existential. You'd think things would calm down after a big reveal.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think it's a combination of getting all of their rumors on Switch wrong with calling out true leaks as if they were fake.

The Switch leakers came off as arrogant, and everyone likes seeing arrogant people fall
Not if it means getting death threats and nerds hounding at you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The best/worst part is that she doesn't seem to be a playable character but a weapon, meaning you can't even customize her to have different clothes
Speaking of clothes, I hope that Xenoblade 2 has a feature in which you can choose to keep the same look if you change equipment, the stronger armour was usually ugly imo, especially in X
The more I think of it, I'm not too fond with this idea. But I hope we can understand more about the story and then see if it makes sense.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wth guise, I thought you were talking about Metroid: Other M.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
People got death threats for reporting that "No Man's Sky" was delayed

******** are going to ***.
That's bad too, and then the game gets released and those same nerds turn around and send the dev death threats. Like what is this? What's with nerds and death threats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom