• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't understand why people put so much faith in rumors. They must be terrible people irl, considering how many people end up getting hurt by people believing in rumors about a specific person.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I kinda hope the Mario X Rabbids thing turns out true just to see sooooooo many of the anti-rumor people backpedal.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Idk about yall, but Im still shocked that 4chan thing was right
Funny thing is, out of all the games on that leak, the thing I found the most iffy was the name Super Mario Odyssey. It's a great name, but it didn't sound like something Nintendo would use. Most people laughed at it because of Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, but it seemed like such a Capcom thing to do, especially when you take into account what they did with Mega Man 9 and 10.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Even though I'm really skeptical of rumors themselves, it's important to treat the people who report them with respect and decency. It's a shame how much hatred gets spilled on to these people by those who take these things way too seriously.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Funny thing is, out of all the games on that leak, the thing I found the most iffy was the name Super Mario Odyssey. It's a great name, but it didn't sound like something Nintendo would use. Most people laughed at it because of Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, but it seemed like such a Capcom thing to do, especially when you take into account what they did with Mega Man 9 and 10.
I didn't hear anything about that leak so everything was a shock to me

Especially SMT
Honestly I kinda hope the Mario X Rabbids thing turns out true just to see sooooooo many of the anti-rumor people backpedal.
I kinda wanna see what comes out of a Mario X Rabbids game, Im intrested

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Because 'U LIED 2 MEEEEE @ MOTHER TREE' people and stuff. Laura alone got death, **** and doxx threats alongside transphobic remarks.
Yeah, I can safely say the hate she is getting on her page is brutal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just watched some Zelda theories.

THIS
EXPLAINS
SO
MUCH

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man Ultra Street Fighter II in HD is beautiful.

Though I'm not paying that price tag for this game.

Though that tease of a first person mode is pretty damn cool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Didnt they say Breath of the Wild happens 100 years after Wind waker or am I pulling that out of my butt?

I say that because the Deku Tree told Link something happend 100 years ago and the Koroks were around the tree
So is the Link in that game the Link from Wind Waker? Actually im pretty sure this game comes after Wind Waker

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I don't know if any of you watch it, but the Regular Show finale just aired.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's time to say goodbye to my favorite cartoon ever as well as one of my favorite shows ever. I've been a fan since the day it first aired and I'm sad to see it go. Thanks Regular Show. Thanks for existing. Thanks JG Quintel for making this wonderful show.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man Ultra Street Fighter II in HD is beautiful.

Though I'm not paying that price tag for this game.

Though that tease of a first person mode is pretty damn cool.
Apparently a lot of the games are supposedly 40 bucks.

Why that insane of a price?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's time to say goodbye to my favorite cartoon ever as well as one of my favorite shows ever. I've been a fan since the day it first aired and I'm sad to see it go. Thanks Regular Show. Thanks for existing. Thanks JG Quintel for making this wonderful show.
I've only seen the first season and a bit of the second, and while I did enjoy it, I personally wouldn't call myself a fan.

Regardless, it's going to be strange seeing this show go, along with Adventure Time in 2018. A whole generation of cartoons is coming to an end.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So Regular Show has ended, huh? I enjoyed it when I had cable, and the few times when I was somewhere with cable and could watch it. It was definitely my favorite Cartoon Network show during it's run.

Hard to believe Adventure Time is going to end next year too. Hopefully we'll end up getting good new shows to replace those two instead of ones that were pretty bad, like CN had for quite a while before those two showed up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wrong or not, what are Laura & Liam doing after all of this? Are they being adults or cowards on this?
Don't know about Liam, but Laura's not being a **** or anything. To quote her Twitter...
But yeah, basically tons of people are giving her unneeded **** on Twitter because it apparently REALLY MATTERS she got something wrong.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Curious what Suda51 said at the Switch Presentation but was completely lost thanks to that trainwreck of a "translator"?

Worry no more:

Last edited:

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
**** I MINT TO WACH IT! But seriously, **** that was one of my favorate shows ever and I did it wrong like that...
Now I have to watch all of Season 7 because I didn't watch a single episode of it because of CN's crap scheduling!
Ifeel like I have to make a "Why I loved it" post about how I used to be excited for every episode but I'm not gonna right now.
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!
Apparently a lot of the games are supposedly 40 bucks.

Why that insane of a price?
Because you can buy Super Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 2 For 8 Bucks each.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Don't know about Liam, but Laura's not being a **** or anything.
At least she admitted she was wrong
And what about Emily?
Curious what Suda51 said at the Switch Presentation but was completely lost thanks to that trainwreck of a "translator"?

Worry no more:

Suda is so weird that even the way he talks is weird as well

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Worry no more:

Man, I really don't like the idea of making fun of the translator. From people who's job it is to translate/interpret things, I'm hearing the Suda51 guy was going off of script and was stumbling over their own presentation as well. At that point, I'd imagine even being an expert translator it's difficult to pull off.

And what about Emily?
Does it really matter if they apologize or not?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At leaste she admitted she was wrong
And what about Emily?

Suda is so weird that even the way he talks is weird as well
Haven't checked either. Haven't really followed her since the Mother 3 shenanigans.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Friendly reminder that it was unreasonable to expect everything mentioned in the rumors to show up at the first possible opportunity. Just because a rumor is still at large doesn't mean it was a complete lie and that its source should be burned at the stake.

This situation is more complicated than it initially seems. Hopefully there'll be a Direct soon to iron things out.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I really don't like the idea of making fun of the translator. From people who's job it is to translate/interpret things, I'm hearing the Suda51 guy was going off of script and was stumbling over their own presentation as well. At that point, I'd imagine even being an expert translator it's difficult to pull off.
True, but when you're talking about a live, major, and professional presentation, you really can't afford mistakes like that (off script or not)

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Don't know about Liam, but Laura's not being a **** or anything. To quote her Twitter...
But yeah, basically tons of people are giving her unneeded **** on Twitter because it apparently REALLY MATTERS she got something wrong.
I almost wouldnt matter, but she did get a bit cocky (like when she immediately slapped down the 4chan rumor as false). Again, the best course of action would be to ignore these leakers with their leaks, but I think most of us are here for said leaks. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
True, but when you're talking about a live, major, and professional presentation, you really can't afford mistakes like that (off script or not)
I dont think the translater should of been fired, if anything Suda should of been told to not go off script. Thats what really through the translater for a loop

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It'd be a hilarious troll if Raiden got in Smash, but as his original MGS2 appearance and as a clone of Snake. He'd be identical in most ways except his dash attack would be a cartwheel.

The best part is that it would actually be accurate to the MGS2 narrative about how Raiden was being made into "a copy of Snake" before eventually "becoming his own person" near the end.

----

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hatched a Modest Tynamo.

You think that's good?

Also hatched a Bold Feebas.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hatched a Modest Tynamo.

You think that's good?

Also hatched a Bold Feebas.
Smogon keeps on changing their mind apparently if Modest Eelektross is good.

I like it as a special attacker personally

But for a while Smogon was saying it was better as a physical attacker.

Maybe things have changed since I last used one

_Sheik

Smash Lord
So Regular Show has ended, huh? I enjoyed it when I had cable, and the few times when I was somewhere with cable and could watch it. It was definitely my favorite Cartoon Network show during it's run.

Hard to believe Adventure Time is going to end next year too. Hopefully we'll end up getting good new shows to replace those two instead of ones that were pretty bad, like CN had for quite a while before those two showed up.
I don't have TV anymore, but can anyone around here shed some light on whether Mighty Magiswords is a good new addition to the CN cast or not?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't know why people are so upset about these rumors not coming to fruition. They're rumors for a reason, if it turns out to be false, move on, if it turns out to be true, cool.

I don't get why people have to go out of their way to make "DON'T EVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE DDDDDX" charts
Because "These people got me hype for something they never promised Grrr"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom