• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I don't have TV anymore, but can anyone around here shed some light on whether Mighty Magiswords is a good new addition to the CN cast or not?
It's alright. I can see it's trying hard to be the best it can. It just seems a bit regular. (get it.) It's more focused on the child audience with it's extremely quick pace, guests (aka Arin Hanson), and emphases on memes indirectly. It's a bit funny but not anything to write home about. In 2015, this would be a backburner cartoon. Now it's a front row. I don't know why.

D

Deleted member

I liked Regular Show, the cast was always enjoyable and the comedy was mostly funny with how the over-the-top was taken seriously
Unfortunately, it ended up feeling too episodic after some time and became a teen drama and CJ is literally the worst thing to happen to the show.
I feel about the same with Adventure Time, started off great but side plots were introduced faster than older ones were resolved and the thing became a mess that I still have no idea of what's going on. Still enjoyable to watch though, as the humor is consistently good

Also, watched the first two episodes of Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Was the book always this "exaggerated comedy that makes you feel bad for laughing at their misfortune"? Like with Sunny's cutting stuff with her teeth or Mr.Poe having no sense of tact?
I like it though, takes some creative liberties because I'm 100% sure that last scene on episode 1 wasn't in the book nor was Poe's secretary and a bunch of other minor stuff I can't really confirm since it's been about 6 years since I read the forst two books

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I almost wouldnt matter, but she did get a bit cocky (like when she immediately slapped down the 4chan rumor as false). Again, the best course of action would be to ignore these leakers with their leaks, but I think most of us are here for said leaks. :p
My whole thing is: why ignore it? Whether it turns out to be true or not, stifling discussion just doesn't jive with me.

IIRC it wasn't as much cockiness that made LKD dismiss the leak, but something very, very specific. The BGaE2 game rumored for the Switch was supposedly subtitled Odyssey, which threw Laura off when Super Mario Odyssey was listed. That could reasonably be chalked up to miscommunication IMO.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm fiddling around with my Sig.

How does it look right now?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

The fact that every image isn't the dimensions all around irks me. But that's just me.

I also feel an image for "Current Targets" could look nicer since you'll have more control, but that also means more work.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

I'd say it looks good though the box arts being different sizes does hurt it a bit.

Edit: I should figure out how to center the gif in my signature while I'm at it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Wait, what? They're everywhere where I live, in fact one's only 100 feet or so away from my house at most.
Oh I live in Virginia Bach lol I never saw that place before
I've drank it before. I have some in my cupboard

Why?
just felt like talking about tea with someone randomly lol

whats your favorite flavor? My mother just bought me some pepperment ones

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The fact that every image isn't the dimensions all around irks me. But that's just me.
I'd say it looks good though the box arts being different sizes does hurt it a bit.
I plan on doing improvements.

I just want people's thought on the general idea.

That said, getting nice imagines for all of these is rather hard...

Making them the right dimensions is even harder...

I also feel an image for "Current Targets" could look nicer since you'll have more control, but that also means more work.
How would I do that and make it look good?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I plan on doing improvements.

I just want people's thought on the general idea.

That said, getting nice imagines for all of these is rather hard...

Making them the right dimensions is even harder...

How would I do that and make it look good?
PHOTOSHOP (or Gimp).

I'm bored, and not doing anything, so if you need some cropped dimensions and edited images, lemme know and I'll see what I can do

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
PHOTOSHOP (or Gimp).

I'm bored, and not doing anything, so if you need some cropped dimensions and edited images, lemme know and I'll see what I can do
Would you?

That would be HAMAZING!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh I live in Virginia Bach lol I never saw that place before

just felt like talking about tea with someone randomly lol

whats your favorite flavor? My mother just bought me some pepperment ones
I like peppermint tea, for a long time I liked Apple Cinnamon but for some reason I fell off it, Gingerbread Spice tastes good with heavy cream - It's like a dessert, and Honey Chamomile. Other than that I've had Tension Tamer was pretty good, apparently it helps you sleep. I actually kind of feel like having some Honey Chamomile now.

I love "Double Bergamot" Earl Grey, but it's not Celestial Seasons tea, it's a STASH

Lately I've been drinking some tea I got for Christmas that's Teavana, and it's great. But it's $45, so I wouldn't get it any other time of the year

I usually add honey to tea, but I've also added Agave

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I like peppermint tea, for a long time I liked Apple Cinnamon but for some reason I fell off it, Gingerbread Spice tastes good with heavy cream - It's like a dessert, and Honey Chamomile. Other than that I've had Tension Tamer was pretty good, apparently it helps you sleep. I actually kind of feel like having some Honey Chamomile now.

I love "Double Bergamot" Earl Grey, but it's not Celestial Seasons tea, it's a STASH

Lately I've been drinking some tea I got for Christmas that's Teavana, and it's great. But it's $45, so I wouldn't get it any other time of the year

I usually add honey to tea, but I've also added Agave
The Zinngers are my Jam. I always get the fruit teas. Imma have to try Gingerbread Spice some day. I dont think I ever drank that

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Zinngers are my Jam. I always get the fruit teas. Imma have to try Gingerbread Spice some day. I dont think I ever drank that
I'm not much of a fan of fruit teas, but Lemon Zinger with honey taste pretty good. I usually only drink it when I'm sick though as it clears up sinuses

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't seen a single movie on that list. Maybe bits and pieces of them while flipping through channels. Are ANY of these good?
Honestly I really liked Hoodwinked.

Home on the Range is easily one of the weakest films from Walt Disney Animation Studios, but I don't hate it as much as most people do. The songs were pretty good, at least.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hoodwinked and Open Season were okay.

Others were meh or AUGH!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The only thing I remember about Home on the Range was the poster tagline.

"April 2, Bust a Moo"

It's so goddamn stupid, I can't help but love it.

I remember enjoying Hoodwinked as kid, not sure if it holds up.
My neighbor's nephew was one of the producers of Hoodwinked, I kid you not.

Hoodwinked was alright, worth a watch once in a while.

I remember the advertisements for half of these and the other half I noticed were on Netflix.

I rented Home on the Range at one point as a kid. That one I thought was fine, just nothing special and extremely forgettable, but I think a lot of people hated it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They were wrong about everything, especially Laura
who leaked things that patents would later confirm
who leaked the PS4 Slim
who leaked Guardians of the Galaxy's Telltale game
who leaked the date of the Switch's announcement
who leaked the fact it wouldn't be called 'Wii'
who mentioned a Rabbids Mario game before Nintendo coincidentally show a Mario themed Rabbid plushie in a video
She got things wrong, yes, but she didn't get everything wrong. I know you're part of a group who hates game journalist, especially LGBT friendly ones as they are 'sjws' but come on
Laura got plenty of stuff wrong as well...

She got the Zelda release date wrong.
She got BG&E2 bit wrong (said it-d be Switch exclusive)
She got the Mario bit wrong twofold, saying the 4chan leak (which was on point) was false because of the Odyssey subtle, as well as saying that it'd be ready at launch (when it's clearly still well in development)
She said Splatoon was an enhanced port, and would be packed in with the console
She said MK8 would have 16 new tracks
She said Switch would be $199
She got the date for the Switch reveal wrong.
She was wrong about the so called Mario Rabbids RPG
She said XCX would be ported from WiiU, when that clearly didn't happen, and we actually got a brand new Xenoblade game.
She failed to predict the Fire Emblem Musou as well, and that would have been an easy one to call, in hindsight.

I think this is more than enough to discredit any leaks put forth by her, it has NOTHING to do with her being LGBT. Even a broken clock is twice a day, and she failed to predict ANY of the new games announced, like ARMS and 1 2 Switch. Or NMH3 and SMTV. Plus, a lot of her safer predictions are pretty predictable, in fact, many of her predictions missed their mark because they were too safe. Such as the Zelda release date, and MK8 having 16 new tracks rather than adding a battle mode. The Switch not being called a "Wii" was a pretty no brained considering the Wii branding hurt the WiiU. PS4 revision, and being called Slim also makes sense considering EVERY PS console has had a revision, and they've all been called "Slim". And none of her leaks came before the patents, they came after.

A lot of LKD's stuff missed its mark horribly, and a lot of it sounds like she was simply making stuff up. I'm just calling bull**** when I see it, idk why you had to bring up the LGBT stuff, as I pointed fingers to Emily, and the other dude, just as equally as I did to LKD. Anyone can make easy predictions to get right, and ride that wave for street cred, and had they gotten one or two things wrong, then it'd be understandable that maybe they had some red herrings amid good leaks, but when +80% of what you "leaked" is totally wrong, then you've lost all credibility.

I can say... in 2017, Summer will be hot, we'll have hurricanes, and Aliens will land in Australia. If I get the first two of those right but the last bit wrong, that doesn't make me a psychic who got one faulty vision. It means I can make inferences on rather obvious data, and throw some **** at the wall that may or may not stick, and if it doesn't due to my correct easy predictions, I can claim to have gotten some faulty bits, but still keep my cred. But if say I get ALL of it wrong, and we get a cold summer full of blizzards, and no aliens, then I've totally lost any credibility, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While I've never seen either of them, I do remember Space Chimps and Mars Needs Moms...though not for good reasons.

I remember the former got panned HARD by nearly everyone, while the latter is painfully generic and the go to example of the Uncanny Valley,

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Come to think of it I also saw Open Season.

That was Sony Pictures Animation's first movie wasn't it?

Like with Hoodwinked, I'm not sure if it holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom