• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I never thought I would beso happy to see the goofy face again
I saw someone say they could have sworn they saw Beedle next to a stable one time.

I guess they were right.

That flag is adorable, by the way.

He also seems to have a beetle shape for his shop. . .is it a backpack shop, considering the previous speculation as to his presence? That's one heck of a pun either way.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like the team at Cinemassacre have no faith in the Switch

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Started playing Xenoblade again...

Getting bodied quite often now that I need to re-familiarize myself with the game...
in order to progress through the story I had to defeat this bird that kept giving me some trouble...
But after messing around with my Arts I was able to get a good combo off using the Chain Attack...

I feel like I'm not even close to halfway through the game, but (obviously) I'm not rushing through it...At the very least i want to finish it before XC2 comes out...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think Zhuge makes a really good point. When looking at the Switch, you sorta can't look at it as something that's directly competing with the Playstation and Xbox, because it's not directly competing with them. Nintendo literally compete with them directly. So instead they're trying to target a different audience, which is a real good idea because there are a ton of people who aren't interested in the most cutting edge of home consoles, but rather the cutting edge of portable consoles, or whatever else the Switch is trying to target. Whether or not that audience is sizable enough to sustain the console is yet to be seen. Something that gives me hope is that by launch there'll be 2 million Switch units available through March.
Yeah, that doesn't mean they'll sell through all those units, they could someway somehow only sell one. But generally speaking you only ship as much as you actually sell, and the only way they can figure out how many to ship is through pre-orders. Apparently, 2 million is already more than the Wii U sold in it's first 15 months. If Nintendo is going to supply 2 million units in the first month, it's because they have the data to be confident they'll sell through that 2 million, or at at least a good bulk of it

edit: Nah, forget that second part. Just pay attention to the first.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What are they saying?
Super Bomberman R was just created so they could start producing Bomberman Pachinko machines
Arms looks like it should have just been a one off mini game in 1,2 Switch
The price is too high, especially the controllers
Not enough games
Third party games are too irrelevant
Ports are uninteresting

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Apparently, 2 million is already more than the Wii U sold in it's first 15 months.
The Wii U sold over three million in its first month and a half on the market.

Even if the thing sells poorly in the longterm, the Switch is going to be undersupplied at launch.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I still think they should release a dockless Switch for $250 or something (I know a dock is $80, but as a company, you want to make the more expensive option seem like a steal vs the cheaper option).

As for as I can tell, you don't need it. Unless it's for initial configuration. But then just don't require the dock for initial configuration.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

I never thought I would beso happy to see the goofy face again
This makes me want him to be in a Hyrule Warriors sequel even more now, cause he's literally the most reoccurring character now, after Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, think he even surpassed Impa for reoccurring characters, and is now well above Tingle to.

Mario Kart 8: Existential Crisis Edition

View attachment 125053
Wait, forget about them getting bloopers as items, how're the Inklings going to be able to drive through the water segments in tracks?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Jimquisition is mocking Nintendo's online service, talking about how Nintendo has already ****ed up the Switch

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Even if the thing sells poorly in the longterm, the Switch is going to be undersupplied at launch.
Oh, whoops, I read my information completely wrong. They said "last fifteen months" not first.

Sorry for the misinformation everyone

edit: Looking at it that way makes it worse

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Although Jimquisition also mocked Mario Odyssey saying it just looks like crappy Sonic 2006

You sure that's the whole team? Cause it could just be one person saying that, and remember one person's opinion does not actually reflect the opinion of everyone there.
It's two people. Everyone except Bootsie and James

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This makes me want him to be in a Hyrule Warriors sequel even more now, cause he's literally the most reoccurring character now, after Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, think he even surpassed Impa for reoccurring characters, and is now well above Tingle to.

Wait, forget about them getting bloopers as items, how're the Inklings going to be able to drive through the water segments in tracks?
They can drink liquid (or at least have vending machines), I'm sure a little splashing from riding on a boat isn't going to completely dissipate them.

I just realized that Sonic's probably going to have some competition for the worst swimmer in Smash though, LOL.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Also Jimquisition is mocking Nintendo's online service, talking about how Nintendo has already ****ed up the Switch
I watched some of his video on the Switch, I wouldn't really listen to him when it comes to Nintendo stuff, I feel his criticisms have a problem of latching onto small points, and he has a tendency to really focus on the weaker criticisms Nintendo gets, while failing to give proper criticism alot of the time, when it comes to Nintendo at least.

Although Jimquisition also mocked Mario Odyssey saying it just looks like crappy Sonic 2006

Well, okay, just saying one could be saying one thing, and the other may not 100% agree, or at least I hope that's how it is, otherwise no worthwhile discussion can ever be had.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

They can drink liquid, I'm sure a little splashing from riding on a boat isn't going to completely dissipate them.

I just realized that Sonic's probably going to have some competition for the worst swimmer in Smash though, LOL.
Umm, you seem to forget, Inkling's dissolve when they touch large bodies of water, so they will have real trouble when going to the underwater sections of tracks.

And from that dissovling, I think I know why Inklings can't be in Smash, since they instantly dissolve when they touch water, and well losing just cause you touched part of the stage with water, would be really unfair to Inkling players.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think Zhuge makes a really good point. When looking at the Switch, you sorta can't look at it as something that's directly competing with the Playstation and Xbox, because it's not directly competing with them. Nintendo literally compete with them directly. So instead they're trying to target a different audience, which is a real good idea because there are a ton of people who aren't interested in the most cutting edge of home consoles, but rather the cutting edge of portable consoles, or whatever else the Switch is trying to target. Whether or not that audience is sizable enough to sustain the console is yet to be seen. Something that gives me hope is that by launch there'll be 2 million Switch units available through March.
Yeah, that doesn't mean they'll sell through all those units, they could someway somehow only sell one. But generally speaking you only ship as much as you actually sell, and the only way they can figure out how many to ship is through pre-orders. Apparently, 2 million is already more than the Wii U sold in it's first 15 months. If Nintendo is going to supply 2 million units in the first month, it's because they have the data to be confident they'll sell through that 2 million, or at at least a good bulk of it

edit: Nah, forget that second part. Just pay attention to the first.
*Read the tweet. Scrolls down to the comments*

*Daisy avatar*

"Oh, Lord."

*Memory Man*

There's no escape.

1a9.gif

Just... why?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's got a point that the only perk for paying for the service is that you get to borrow an NES rom file for a month

Why not just give out a rom file once a month for people that pay

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The time for questioning MK's water past with the fact that they all can breathe infinitely and throw fireballs down there.

And from that dissovling, I think I know why Inklings can't be in Smash, since they instantly dissolve when they touch water, and well losing just cause you touched part of the stage with water, would be really unfair to Inkling players.
why cant kirby fly infinitely in smash
how come samus gets unlimited missiles
why does ness know pk fire

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I was about to say.

Does that mean it's in trouble?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Inklings are weak against water type

Too bad Squirtle isn't still in the game

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
He's got a point that the only perk for paying for the service is that you get to borrow an NES rom file for a month

Why not just give out a rom file once a month for people that pay
Oh no, it's not like Nintendo can turn around and improve online features or anything with the extra cash.

NES/SNES is a bonus. Not a super fantastic one, but a bonus. (That is if the subscription is > $5 because I'm assuming here, but then again so is Jim Sterling.)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

06 itself isn't even as bad as the pop culture understanding of 06. That thing's definitely not 06.

Yes, there's normal people in there. Hooray. I'm not even a Mario fan and I can tell you that thing already looks infinitely more fun to play than 06.
Umm, you seem to forget, Inkling's dissolve when they touch large bodies of water, so they will have real trouble when going to the underwater sections of tracks.

I just looked up a picture and saw a boat. I was going to ask what kind of water section, and as usual I probably should have, LOL.

Yeah underwater's a bit of a trick, LOL. Maybe they put on a plastic bag for that and try not to breathe.

If Charizard can dip his tail underwater and be fine I'm sure Inklings can live, too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Oh no, it's not like Nintendo can turn around and improve online features or anything with the extra cash.

NES/SNES is a bonus. Not a super fantastic one, but a bonus. (That is if the subscription is > $5 because I'm assuming here, but then again so is Jim Sterling.)
Well, IF they improve people can change their opinion on Nintendo's service.

But arguing with "What if" scenarios doesn't really prove anything

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, if we throw enough money at our lord and savior Nintendo, perhaps he'll show some mercy upon us

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was about to say.

Does that mean it's in trouble?
Nintendo just wants more of that artificial demand nonsense. :glare:

It's worked for them before, multiple times, but it's a really ****ty move imo.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
2 million is a little thin.

But eh, I only planned on getting it in April. No skin off my back.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo just wants more of that artificial demand nonsense. :glare:

It's worked for them before, multiple times, but it's a really ****ty move imo.
I don't understand how artificial demand actually helps them.

Anyone wanna give me a lesson?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I would guess that the utter apathy towards Nintendo and the fact that half of the people that did buy the Wii U are threatening to leave the company forever combined with the release not being during the holiday season like the Wii U caused them to lower their forecast a bit.

Nintendo said they could ramp up production if demand was high enough. Considering the system is being met mostly with apathy by the people who can actually be bothered to talk about them that's not necessarily happening, but if it truly sells out then there will likely be a restock fairly quickly, at the very beginning of April if they truly want to stick to their March numbers.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't understand how artificial demand actually helps them.

Anyone wanna give me a lesson?
Media reports how no one can get said product. Said product becomes seen as more in-demand by the masses. Heads turn, fervour increases. Repeat.

2 million is a little thin.

But eh, I only planned on getting it in April. No skin off my back.
Depends when and how much they restock. The Wii was nearly impossible to get for months after launch, if not like the first entire year. And two million is definitely understocking it. So best of luck to you~

Starlight_Lily

The time for questioning MK's water past with the fact that they all can breathe infinitely and throw fireballs down there.

why cant kirby fly infinitely in smash
how come samus gets unlimited missiles
why does ness know pk fire
And I see my joke failed to land...

But eh let's run with this:
Cause Kirby's isn't in a Dreamland in Smash
Cause Samus cracked her Suits system when she comes to Smash
Cause Ness got Paula to teach him her moves.

Actually about Ness, I honestly wouldn't be surprised that after all the stuff in Earthbound happened, if Ness, Paula and Poo all got together and taught eachother their PSI moves, you know just in case.

I just looked up a picture and saw a boat. I was going to ask what kind of water section, and as usual I probably should have, LOL.

Yeah underwater's a bit of a trick, LOL. Maybe they put on a plastic bag for that and try not to breathe.

If Charizard can dip his tail underwater and be fine I'm sure Inklings can live, too.
Nah, they won't put on plastic bags, they'll have the carts turn into full on subs for the Inklings.

But Coricus, that isn't a real Charizard, don't you see we've all been deceived, the Charizard in Smash isn't a real Charizard at all, in fact its actually a Dit-

sees suspicious creature looking through the window

uuuh, I mean that's totally a real Charizard and nope totally not a Ditto, Sakurai hasn't been playing us like fiddles when it comes to Charizard in Smash since Brawl.

starts whistling innocently

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And I see my joke failed to land...

But eh let's run with this:
Cause Kirby's isn't in a Dreamland in Smash
Cause Samus cracked her Suits system when she comes to Smash
Cause Ness got Paula to teach him her moves.

Actually about Ness, I honestly wouldn't be surprised that after all the stuff in Earthbound happened, if Ness, Paula and Poo all got together and taught eachother their PSI moves, you know just in case.

Nah, they won't put on plastic bags, they'll have the carts turn into full on subs for the Inklings.

But Coricus, that isn't a real Charizard, don't you see we've all been deceived, the Charizard in Smash isn't a real Charizard at all, in fact its actually a Dit-

sees suspicious creature looking through the window

uuuh, I mean that's totally a real Charizard and nope totally not a Ditto, Sakurai hasn't been playing us like fiddles when it comes to Charizard in Smash since Brawl.

starts whistling innocently
Why would Samus breaking her suit allow her to have infinite missiles?

Ivander

Smash Legend
For this 2 million bit, can somebody give us the number of Wii systems that were available at it's launch date? I definitely remember plenty of times when the Wii was said to be out of stock(alongside the infinite "PS3 still in stores" jokes) and I just want a by-and-by comparison with how many Wii & Switch systems are available at launch and how many systems the Wii sold during it's first 2 months.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Media reports how no one can get said product. Said product becomes seen as more in-demand by the masses. Heads turn, fervour increases. Repeat.

Depends when and how much they restock. The Wii was nearly impossible to get for months after launch, if not like the first entire year. And two million is definitely understocking it. So best of luck to you~
The Wii was actually stocked quite heavily, people just went utterly insane for it. Keep in mind that the Wii was a 100 million unit system, and those didn't come out of nowhere.

If the Switch had anywhere near that kind of demand, people would have jumped at preorders way faster than they did.

Not saying the Switch might not be understocked, but the Wii's problem is unrelated to any other instance of Nintendo not providing by virtue of the fact that it was less that they supplied a lower number than they could make and more that they were making as many as they could and it was still flying off the shelves instantly.

I see the Switch being much more leisurely to pick up post-restock than the Wii. . .the same as any other video game system in history was.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Why does that work?

It shouldn't.

Now, isn't 2 million only the initial shipment? Couldn't they just ship more out easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom