• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I would guess that the utter apathy towards Nintendo and the fact that half of the people that did buy the Wii U are threatening to leave the company forever combined with the release not being during the holiday season like the Wii U caused them to lower their forecast a bit.

Nintendo said they could ramp up production if demand was high enough. Considering the system is being met mostly with apathy by the people who can actually be bothered to talk about them that's not necessarily happening, but if it truly sells out then there will likely be a restock fairly quickly, at the very beginning of April if they truly want to stick to their March numbers.
Ah apathy, the word that describes this generation. At this point, Nintendo is just trying to be consistent with their bullcrap.
I never thought I would have to worry about something as dumb as product shipments in my everyday live. Well, not everyday but you know what I mean. Seriously, why did this become such a problem that we think that they won't supply a whole MAINSTREAM console! Did it really come to this? Did Nintendo go from being overzealous to not self confident?
Is there someone doing this on the inside? Do they think this is a good idea? Is it all a trick?
I have so many questions about this situation in general. Like what got us here? If they actually underproducing a console that may save their company then they are poisoning themselves. They are clubbing themselves in the hip.
Quite frankly, If I am unable to buy a Nintendo Switch out of a lack of production on purpose, they don't deserve my 300 Dollars (a bit overpriced if you ask me) or more If I move to Australia or something which is also dumb.
How have they been so dumb for so long. I've been hearing about their dumb-ness for years now. Why can't they learn?
I could go on a 5 Page rant but my hands are getting tired.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Why does that work?

It shouldn't.
Same reason that people stood in line at 8 AM outside a Toys R Us to get their hands on a Greninja amiibo preorder slip.

Devilishly handsome people with excellent taste in shades.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
For this 2 million bit, can somebody give us the number of Wii systems that were available at it's launch date? I definitely remember plenty of times when the Wii was said to be out of stock(alongside the infinite "PS3 still in stores" jokes) and I just want a by-and-by comparison with how many Wii & Switch systems are available at launch and how many systems the Wii sold during it's first 2 months.
Uh. . .*looks up*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_launch

The Wii had 4 million allotted for two months, I think, so twice as much. I don't think all of it was ready right away, though, I'd guess closer to the actual Switch numbers were at launch.

This was near Black Friday for the US, though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How to make something sell 101: Slap a "Limited Edition" or "Low Production" tag on it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Too bad it's not a fall release. They'd just have to make it pumpkin spice

D

Deleted member

Why does that work?

It shouldn't.
The basic reason why is because scarcity attracts people to products. People aren't going to rush nearly as much when there's a large supply. It's why people go nuts Black Friday through Christmas break. They want get all of the great deals before they're sold out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How to make something sell 101: Slap a "Limited Edition" or "Low Production" tag on it.
my dad said the person at my gamestop saying "We only have 3 preorders available, today is the last day" sounded like a car sellsman

Until the guy ringing me up showed me at the store that I got the 2nd to last one and showed that was, in fact, the last night before you couldnt preorder them anymore

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Did Nintendo go from being overzealous to not self confident?
well if I was the president of nintendo and I saw people drilling into my company like this too, Id have low confidence as well
What do you think Nintendo's confidence level is when you look at this?
He looks sad. I dont like it

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw the PBG's review of "Princess Maker 2"

It looks like an interesting game

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You cant expect a company to be self confident when they get cussed at, called ****ers and told they are stupid at eveything they do

Thats like your pet dog doing a trick and in return, you slap him and walk away

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
well if I was the president of nintendo and I saw people drilling into my company like this too, Id have low confidence as well

He looks sad. I dont like it
He's looking at an Xbox One S. There's another image out there of the exact instant the latest iPhone was marketed for power after they finished showing Mario Run and were sitting in the audience with. . .I think Trinen and Miyamoto having their own depressed expressions, but I couldn't find it just now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
He's looking at an Xbox One S. There's another image out there of the exact instant the latest iPhone was marketed for power after they finished showing Mario Run and were sitting in the audience with. . .I think Trinen and Miyamoto having their own depressed expressions, but I couldn't find it just now.
these poor guys...

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
You cant expect a compeny to be self confident when they get cussed at, called ****ers and told they are stupid at eveything they do

Thats like your pet dog doing a trick and in return, you slap him and walk away
these poor guys...
Now I feel bad. I'm conflicted between giving a company comprised of thousands of people criticism or leaving them alone because thousands of other people are doing it.
Which one makes me a hipster....hmmmm...

Edit: Imma sleep. I gotta meet new people tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you think Nintendo's confidence level is when you look at this?
I don't get it, I just see some people stand around. I'm pretty self confident, but when I stand around and do nothing special I look like I just killed someone. :p

But IDK, I just usually don't trust screenshots THAT much because often they're taken out of context or taken at a specific moment that make a person seem a certain way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Princess Maker 2 has tons of ends, of course endings where she becomes a princess

But also an ending where she becomes the concubine of the king

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh no, it's not like Nintendo can turn around and improve online features or anything with the extra cash.

NES/SNES is a bonus. Not a super fantastic one, but a bonus. (That is if the subscription is > $5 because I'm assuming here, but then again so is Jim Sterling.)
However, the bonus is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the other consoles that have subscription services, which are 5 a month.

Also, y'all are stupid, Jim wasn't serious with 'Mario Odyssey looks like Sonic 06'. If you thought he was, clearly, you haven't seeh enough of his content
Laura got plenty of stuff wrong as well...

She got the Zelda release date wrong.
She got BG&E2 bit wrong (said it-d be Switch exclusive)
She got the Mario bit wrong twofold, saying the 4chan leak (which was on point) was false because of the Odyssey subtle, as well as saying that it'd be ready at launch (when it's clearly still well in development)
She said Splatoon was an enhanced port, and would be packed in with the console
She said MK8 would have 16 new tracks
She said Switch would be $199
She got the date for the Switch reveal wrong.
She was wrong about the so called Mario Rabbids RPG
She said XCX would be ported from WiiU, when that clearly didn't happen, and we actually got a brand new Xenoblade game.
She failed to predict the Fire Emblem Musou as well, and that would have been an easy one to call, in hindsight.

I think this is more than enough to discredit any leaks put forth by her, it has NOTHING to do with her being LGBT. Even a broken clock is twice a day, and she failed to predict ANY of the new games announced, like ARMS and 1 2 Switch. Or NMH3 and SMTV. Plus, a lot of her safer predictions are pretty predictable, in fact, many of her predictions missed their mark because they were too safe. Such as the Zelda release date, and MK8 having 16 new tracks rather than adding a battle mode. The Switch not being called a "Wii" was a pretty no brained considering the Wii branding hurt the WiiU. PS4 revision, and being called Slim also makes sense considering EVERY PS console has had a revision, and they've all been called "Slim". And none of her leaks came before the patents, they came after.

A lot of LKD's stuff missed its mark horribly, and a lot of it sounds like she was simply making stuff up. I'm just calling bull**** when I see it, idk why you had to bring up the LGBT stuff, as I pointed fingers to Emily, and the other dude, just as equally as I did to LKD. Anyone can make easy predictions to get right, and ride that wave for street cred, and had they gotten one or two things wrong, then it'd be understandable that maybe they had some red herrings amid good leaks, but when +80% of what you "leaked" is totally wrong, then you've lost all credibility.

I can say... in 2017, Summer will be hot, we'll have hurricanes, and Aliens will land in Australia. If I get the first two of those right but the last bit wrong, that doesn't make me a psychic who got one faulty vision. It means I can make inferences on rather obvious data, and throw some **** at the wall that may or may not stick, and if it doesn't due to my correct easy predictions, I can claim to have gotten some faulty bits, but still keep my cred. But if say I get ALL of it wrong, and we get a cold summer full of blizzards, and no aliens, then I've totally lost any credibility, wouldn't you say?
Er, she got the date for the Switch reveal RIGHT. You're confusing her with Emily Rogers for XCX, as Laura said "Monolith's working on something, but not that" and again, it's a biiit more than a coincidence when Nintendo shows a Mario themed Rabbid after Laura says we're getting a Mario themed Rabbid
I brought up her being LGBT because of a certain group of people claiming anything LGBT friendly is SJW bait. Not to mention you're an absolute moron if you expected literally everything she said to be announced in a single hour-long event. It's not just track record that's important, but rather, what reason is there for her knowing that. And 80% is overexaggerated
People get death threats on the internet all the time. I've received my fair share of them already. So that's a total non-issue tbh.

From where I'm standing, the likes of LKD, Rogers, and the rest of these Twitter-based leakers, simply seem like Nintendo fans spreading false rumors for attention. Sources haven't been cited, and their leaks have been proven to be completely wrong by official sources.
A kid killed themself recently due to being bullied constantly, happens all the time, non-issue. A fat kid got beaten up in school to the point he's afraid to go to school, non-issue as it happens all the time, France got bombed again, etc. You should get my point

Errr, you DO realize that sourcing a leak is pretty much going "He did it" and increases the likelihood they get caught, ergo, punished? It's ****ing respectful to your source not to do that

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I doubt the legitimacy of that; Reggie looks younger and less thicc than he looks now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I'm going to be incredibly upset when this doesn't end up happening.
The fact that you guys didn't tag me for this upsets me.

I'm the only Mac guy here that isn't an animal or a politician, I feel forgotten

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Mythra Mythra Wanna see the best face Armin ever made?
View attachment 125058
I forgot what episode this was from but when it happen, people went crazy. I just remebered this face and wanted to share it :079:
I think its from the OVA where Jean and Sasha had a cooking contest with each other, and this picture was from the scene where Armin and Annie helped Sasha find the giant boar.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I think its from the OVA where Jean and Sasha had a cooking contest with each other, and this picture was from the scene where Armin and Annie helped Sasha find the giant boar.
Ah yes that was probably it.

I remember, it was Jean, Armin and Annie. Jean said some dumb **** and Armin just made that face

Armin was amazing in that OVA, he was so out of character, it was great

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The fact that you guys didn't tag me for this upsets me.

I'm the only Mac guy here that isn't an animal or a politician, I feel forgotten
Just want to point out that I especially love that the artwork gave Mac his Wireframe arms. That's actually a really good idea to warrant his crossover. Still Sukapon.

Uh...

If this isn't a full on HD remake...

I'll have some issues...
I have some issues with Fates as a whole. Because they split the games into 3, all of the stories take a hit. Revelations seems to have the most love put into it. If the characters weren't as lovable as they are the game would have been rather boring. Non of the games are all that hard, I think Conquest is the hardest but also kind of cheap. It's one of my least favorites but considering that all the Fire Emblem games are damn amazing that's not much of an insult. If it is a total remake I'll pick it up. Otherwise, nah. I already have all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom