• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'd love someone to have exclusive rights to the Marvel franchises.

Honestly, a major game company like Sony (who might actually get the edge because of them having a relationship thanks to Spider-Man) or Nintendo putting out quality nonstop IPs with the Marvel franchises would be lovely.

For Sony it'd be a logical move.

For Nintendo it'd be one hell of a coup.
I'd be wary of giving any company exclusive license to anything. Just look EA and the NFL. Once they got the exclusive rights to the teams, the entire rest of the football game market died, killing any competition. Ideally Marvel would be more liberal with their license, allowing various companies to take on their properties in different and interesting ways.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I hope Capcom's able to get some decent modes for Marvel Infinite. I want the game to be as successful as possible, and plenty of people liked that stuff for MK and Tekken. Though I'm sure it'll do fine on name recognition alone.
I think after the backlash they got from the lackluster launch of SFV, I'd imagine they would aim to include some additional modes besides the already confirmed Story and Trials.

At least I hope.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Infinity does equal the Marvel franchises.

Nor does it equal the Disney franchises.

It's a separate entity all together.

Yes, the two comprise probably a good 75 percent of what makes Infinity with Star Wars being the other 25 percent, but I don't see why the rights to any internal Disney owned properties should be held back from greatness because of ONE game.

Because while Infinity was a nice concept?

Quality Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars games should be more of the priority for Disney IMO.
Because damn it all, sometimes a man just wants to have Baloo fight the Green Goblin with a lightsaber while riding Bullseye, all with This is Halloween playing in the background.

Isn't that what we all want? Isn't that the American Dream?

...Don't you love America, Leia?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
No lie, Marvel vs Capcom is nice, and Nintendo vs Capcom would be amazing...

...but I say screw the middle man and do Marvel vs Nintendo. That's my absurdly impossible ideal. :p Or Marvel vs Capcom vs Nintendo.
Dude I don't think the world is ready to handle my Samus/Storm.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Can't you call/go home or borrow money from a friend?
No friends around on campus right now, I've got a class in 45 minutes, and I live 30 minutes away from the campus (I commute). I've basically got no options. Luckily my next class 'ain't too long and if traffic allows it I can get home quickly.

Probably shouldn't have skipped breakfast. I'm a doofus.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because damn it all, sometimes a man just wants to have Baloo fight the Green Goblin with a lightsaber while riding Bullseye, all with This is Halloween playing in the background.

Isn't that what we all want? Isn't that the American Dream?

...Don't you love America, Leia?
This makes me wonder how stereotypical Muricans would react to the fact that Europe think's they're a joke
they dont understand how painful childbirth is, do they?
Hun, they don't understand ANYTHING. Can you IMAGINE the sexual frustration for an all straight men society?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also occurred to me, if the Switch has the same Consoles on VC that the WiiU did then that includes Game Boy Advance and DS. The original New Super Mario Bros had some of the most fun multiplayer time I ever had.
N64, DS and Gameboy Advance Online Play would be amazing, but I doubt it'd be that simple and easy.

On the other hand, if that happens, then there would be a new "Number 1 Most Rage-Quitted Game".
Mario Party 2. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This makes me wonder how stereotypical Muricans would react to the fact that Europe think's they're a joke

Hun, they don't understand ANYTHING. Can you IMAGINE the sexual frustration for an all straight men society?
They want scientists to create "Companion Robots"

Kind of like Chobits

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I decided to go against my thought of having less than 20 characters on the base roster for Fire Emblem Warriors, and this is how it turned out.

If I could find an icon of Gaius and Cordellia, I'd add them and Tharja as DLC too.

EDIT:Now that I think of it, maybe I should add Celica as DLC with Alm too
I'd put Ranulf or Soren over Caineghis, considering they have endings with Ike.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I need help thinking of 2 time spells for my rpg. No it's not for my Pokemon game it's for my own original thing.

Each element has 8 spells and yes I have all the obvious ones.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Can you IMAGINE the sexual frustration for an all straight men society?
you know women are just as bad, right lol
Plus the fact that guys don't have the proper parts so they'd have to get c-sections everytime.
Scars for days. Dont forget the many stretch marks that come from holding the damn kids

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would completely be okay with this. Now giving it to men, that's a common sense problem.
This is stuff that scientists are actually working on

The problem comes from the fact they want to use these things to justify an all male utopia

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dude I don't think the world is ready to handle my Samus/Storm.
The real dream team would be Spider-Man and Captain Falcon.

Also, when's Namco vs Capcom! They've had like 12 different crossovers but never went all out for a vs fighter. Mega Man X and Siegfried. Let's GO!!!

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ranulf it is then. I just really wanted to have a laguz playable. :chuckle:

This is stuff that scientists are actually working on

The problem comes from the fact they want to use these things to justify an all male utopia
Oh, I wasn't even aware scientist were working on it, but giving pregnancy to men is a really bad idea, considering men would probably die during childbirth since they don't have the right parts, and an all male society would be really boring (and sexist, but we all know this.)

I'd love for the scientist to get farther along though. Then women who couldn't bare children and eventually transwomen could give birth.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So what did everyone eat for breakfast?

Anyone eat delicious waffles?

I skipped breakfast again because of laziness, I'm afraid. I have a bad habit of that unless its a day where I have to actually leave my room on campus and go to a class. :(

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I see you, too, have come to appreciate the best Sun/Moon trainer class. :smirk:
I need help thinking of 2 time spells for my rpg. No it's not for my Pokemon game it's for my own original thing.

Temproal Acceleration - a status spell that slows and weakens the opponent via creating an increased time pocket around them, effectively rapid aging them. Assuming your game has some kind of mana/PP/etc system, there'd be a higher cost version that has a chance to instant KO by aging them to death.

D

Deleted member

and a lot less Tank Tops.
This guy knows what he's talking about
Seriously, the number of tank tops in XCX is ridiculous and I doubt anyone uses them due to how ugly they look

They are a joke to the entire world tho

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I see you, too, have come to appreciate the best Sun/Moon trainer class. :smirk:

Temproal Acceleration - a status spell that slows and weakens the opponent via creating an increased time pocket around them, effectively rapid aging them. Assuming your game has some kind of mana/PP/etc system, there'd be a higher cost version that has a chance to instant KO by aging them to death.
Yeah there's MP. Half the other elements spells are just more powerful and more expensive versions of older spells. I like that idea btw

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
D

Deleted member

It Just Works: skips to the next turn, negating all actions that would be taken in the turn skipped
Bites The Dust: select a spell from the user's skills. If the enemy uses it, they'll be damaged after use and the battle will go back by a turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom