• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So the guy (or girl) who you traded the Buzzwole basically recieve a bad Buzzwole?
Like...Woah.
I guess he/she is the real one who have been played like a violin.:snake:
Well, I am pretty good at playing the violin in general. :p But literally playing it'd I'd probably sound terrible

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But Opussum, Chrom needs them to stay behind and look after the Shepards, while he's off gallivanting around in fun crossovers that aren't Smash.
Chrom can't go anywhere alone though.
He was accompanied by Robin to Smash.
He was accompanied by some guy in TMS #FE
And he was accompanied by Lucina in Project X Zone 2.
So someone is coming with him.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I am pretty good at playing the violin in general. :p But literally playing it'd I'd probably sound terrible
Atleast you are able to play a instrument lol. Me, I don't think it will even sound normal to the human ears. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Atleast you are able to play a instrument lol. Me, I don't think it will even sound normal to the human ears. :laugh:
Actually, I've never played any instruments either. :p Though I've never really attempted. But if I did it'd either be a guitar or drums.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Actually, I've never played any instruments either. :p Though I've never really attempted. But if I did it'd either be a guitar or drums.
I never attempted either, it's just not my thing. Don't get me wrong, I love any kind of music as long as I like it. But doing music is cleary not what I want to do for sure.:p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So I decided to go against my thought of having less than 20 characters on the base roster for Fire Emblem Warriors, and this is how it turned out.

If I could find an icon of Gaius and Cordellia, I'd add them and Tharja as DLC too.

EDIT:Now that I think of it, maybe I should add Celica as DLC with Alm too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never attempted either, it's just not my thing. Don't get me wrong, I love any kind of music as long as I like it. But doing music is cleary not what I want to do for sure.:p
Yeah, same. It's not my thing either. Though then again, when I did attempt I was a lot younger. It's like how I used to be terrible at fighting games, but now I'm decent at them. It's just that I'd be great if I had better dexterity with things like complex combos.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, same. It's not my thing either. Though then again, when I did attempt I was a lot younger. It's like how I used to be terrible at fighting games, but now I'm decent at them. It's just that I'd be great if I had better dexterity with things like complex combos.
...I never see someone bring up fighting game skill to compare with instrument skill.
And now, I remember about that video of a guy who win a match in a Melee tournament using a fising rod. (A controller fishing rod, but still)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm just wondering why she even bothers wearing pants if they're not hiding anything anyway. Like damn. :p
Pretty much par for the course considering some of the female attire from the other two games....

No complaints from me though :p

...I never see someone bring up fighting game skill to compare with instrument skill.

And now, I remember about that video of a guy who win a match in a Melee tournament using a fising rod. (A controller fishing rod, but still)
Was it against Ganondorf perchance?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So I was in the Source Gaming Discord last night and @PushDustIn pointed out something very interesting, that I hadn't seen pointed out before.

The Japanese version of the paid online services says that your NES, SNES, ETC will have online play.

The Etc implies that the service will give out VC games for more then just the NES and SNES.

You know what that means?

MELEE ONLINE BOYS!

It would be such a missed opportunity to not make money off of this.
The actual important news is that this confirms the SNES version of Street Fighter Alpha 2 will have netplay.

And if that's not console-saving, I don't know what is!

D

Deleted member

So I decided to go against my thought of having less than 20 characters on the base roster for Fire Emblem Warriors, and this is how it turned out.

If I could find an icon of Gaius and Cordellia, I'd add them and Tharja as DLC too.

EDIT:Now that I think of it, maybe I should add Celica as DLC with Alm too
I'm seeing TMS!Tiki and the first thing that comes to mind is a certain TMS character being pleased to see his waifu make it in. :p

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Wait till you see Roy's idea of getting Hector's assistance

I mentioned Alm and Doma Q.Q
Yes, but you fail for not mentioning Celica, the first Female Lord.

Chrom can't go anywhere alone though.
He was accompanied by Robin to Smash.
He was accompanied by some guy in TMS #FE
And he was accompanied by Lucina in Project X Zone 2.
So someone is coming with him.
Chrom didn't accompany Robin to Smash, Robin just brings him out to play sometimes.
Also he won't bring anyone along with him this time I say, because Chrom wants to trike on his own after how Smash treated him. :p

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I mean all you need is average dexterity to play the game. Where you really need to look is you knowlege of these games and how to use that knowledge against opponents. At a certain point, fighting games are just games of chess where you punch each other.
The actual important news is that this confirms the SNES version of Street Fighter Alpha 2 will have netplay.

And if that's not console-saving, I don't know what is!
That reminds me, If they are porting SF2 as a new game, we could get a bunch of other games. We could get MVC1, 2, and/ or 3! We could get Blazblue! WE COULD GET SKULLGIRLS SWITCH! That is a console saver.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I mean all you need is average dexterity to play the game. Where you really need to look is you knowlege of these games and how to use that knowledge against opponents. At a certain point, fighting games are just games of chess where you punch each other.

That reminds me, If they are porting SF2 as a new game, we could get a bunch of other games. We could get MVC1, 2, and/ or 3! We could get Blazblue! WE COULD GET SKULLGIRLS SWITCH! That is a console saver.
I think Blazblue is confirmed for Switch. Dunno about the others though.

D

Deleted member

The thing is though, I understand thr chess part perfectly well, that's my strong point. But games with really long combos are my weak point because I struggle with long and complex combos people usually pull off.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Have I talked about how great Little Witch Academia is? Because it is. All you weebs should be watching it

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
NvC is practically inevitable at this point since both companies are in cahoots with each other (hell, USF2 is Switch exclusive).

Expect to see it revealed in 2018.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The best/worst part is that she doesn't seem to be a playable character but a weapon, meaning you can't even customize her to have different clothes
Speaking of clothes, I hope that Xenoblade 2 has a feature in which you can choose to keep the same look if you change equipment, the stronger armour was usually ugly imo, especially in X
I would mention Fashion Armor, but somebody else already did that. And Fashion Armor was pretty great. Now next what Xenoblade 2 needs is Fashion Weapons to go along Fashion Armor, a Storage System for holding Armor pieces, and a lot less Tank Tops.
So I was in the Source Gaming Discord last night and @PushDustIn pointed out something very interesting, that I hadn't seen pointed out before.

The Japanese version of the paid online services says that your NES, SNES, ETC will have online play.

The Etc implies that the service will give out VC games for more then just the NES and SNES.

You know what that means?

MELEE ONLINE BOYS!

It would be such a missed opportunity to not make money off of this.
I still need to see VC Online in action. I really want to know how that will work.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So basically, if it came out for the NES or SNES and had multiplyer it can be played online?

At the very least if N64 VC is confirmed then SMash 64 online! Everybody is Pikachu!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I doubt Nintendo vs Capcom. I'd want them to launch MvC:I before that.

I'd love both on Switch though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
......I get it!

"Shut up, Nappa."

Ew, no.
Either MAHVEL or Nintendo Vs. Capcom.
Don't combine the two.
No lie, Marvel vs Capcom is nice, and Nintendo vs Capcom would be amazing...

...but I say screw the middle man and do Marvel vs Nintendo. That's my absurdly impossible ideal. :p Or Marvel vs Capcom vs Nintendo.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
The thing is though, I understand thr chess part perfectly well, that's my strong point. But games with really long combos are my weak point because I struggle with long and complex combos people usually pull off.
I guess practice makes perfect...? I guess you could play fighting games that don't require complex combos like early SF2 or Divekick or something.
NvC is practically inevitable at this point since both companies are in cahoots with each other (hell, USF2 is Switch exclusive).

Expect to see it revealed in 2018.
Did someone say Kahoot?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd love someone to have exclusive rights to the Marvel franchises.

Honestly, a major game company like Sony (who might actually get the edge because of them having a relationship thanks to Spider-Man) or Nintendo putting out quality nonstop IPs with the Marvel franchises would be lovely.

For Sony it'd be a logical move.

For Nintendo it'd be one hell of a coup.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Als occoured to me, if the Switch has the same Consoles on VC that the WiiU did then that includes Game Boy Advance and DS. The original New Super Mario Bros had some of the most fun multiplayer time I ever had.

D

Deleted member

I guess practice makes perfect...? I guess you could play fighting games that don't require complex combos like early SF2 or Divekick or something.]
Yep, that's what I do actually. And to be fair I'm not terrible either at complex combos either, it's just hard to do in a serious match consistently.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd love someone to have exclusive rights to the Marvel franchises.

Honestly, a major game company like Sony (who might actually get the edge because of them having a relationship thanks to Spider-Man) or Nintendo putting out quality nonstop IPs with the Marvel franchises would be lovely.

For Sony it'd be a logical move.

For Nintendo it'd be one hell of a coup.
If that happens RIP the chances of Disney licensing the Disney Infinity IP to an outside studio to revive the series. Not that it was gonna happen anyway, but still. :/

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I forgot my debit card at home, I have no cash, there isn't a single ATM around, and not a single one of the food places on campus accepts credit.

I'm so hungry...:urg:

D

Deleted member

I don't know what that short form stands for but good for them!

...means they won't reproduce.
It stands for men go their own way. It just means men against marriage, that's basically it.(Though it's pretty pointless considering you can easily do what many others do and just not marry someone.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If that happens RIP the chances of Disney licensing the Disney Infinity IP to an outside studio to revive the series. Not that it was gonna happen anyway, but still. :/
Infinity does equal the Marvel franchises.

Nor does it equal the Disney franchises.

It's a separate entity all together.

Yes, the two comprise probably a good 75 percent of what makes Infinity with Star Wars being the other 25 percent, but I don't see why the rights to any internal Disney owned properties should be held back from greatness because of ONE game.

Because while Infinity was a nice concept?

Quality Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars games should be more of the priority for Disney IMO.

Last edited:

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Als occoured to me, if the Switch has the same Consoles on VC that the WiiU did then that includes Game Boy Advance and DS. The original New Super Mario Bros had some of the most fun multiplayer time I ever had.
Hey, I played that last Wednesday! It's really fun. It desperately needs 4 player, though.
Yep, that's what I do actually. And to be fair I'm not terrible either at complex combos either, it's just hard to do in a serious match consistently.
Yeah, but dropping combos is just a part of life, I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know what that short form stands for but good for them!

...means they won't reproduce.
Not in their fantasy

They are counting on the fact Scientists are developing artificial wombs and can create egg cells from human skin

They even suggested scientists figuring out how to have men carry babies

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope Capcom's able to get some decent modes for Marvel Infinite. I want the game to be as successful as possible, and plenty of people liked that stuff for MK and Tekken. Though I'm sure it'll do fine on name recognition alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom