• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also when talking about the price, someone posted this image

Appropriate Nintendo
I'm thrilled that somewhere along the way someone must've brought up the fact that this is basically a handjob simulator and Nintendo was like yeah **** it, let's do it anyway.

Honestly would be a riot at parties, but is not enough to actually make me spend ~$90 CAD for a game that should've been a pack-in. :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also when talking about the price, someone posted this image

Appropriate Nintendo
Knowing Suda51, Travis will have to furiously masterbate to charge his beam katana again, making this foreshadowing

Also lmao. The new Kamen Rider, which is video game themed, started airing the same month that the Switch was unveiled. Last week, they showed a Mario and Luigi themed form, with Odyssey being confirmed shortly after. This is the same one that had a Pac-Man crossover btw

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yeah, I don't expect it to be any cheaper. I'm not sure why it would be.

But damn, games are really becoming expensive now
I mean yeah, it is, sure. My big concern is the content at that price point.

It's either positioning itself as having more content than a small indie release but less than a AAA game. Yet all I've seen out of R so far is the bit they showed during the presentation on the 12th, and a single-screen NES-era multiplayer style with updated shinies won't cut it.

Can anyone hook me up with more info?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean yeah, it is, sure. My big concern is the content at that price point.

It's either positioning itself as having more content than a small indie release but less than a AAA game. Yet all I've seen out of R so far is the bit they showed during the presentation on the 12th, and a single-screen NES-era multiplayer style with updated shinies won't cut it.

Can anyone hook me up with more info?

This is literally all I've seen out of it. The multiplayer portion

Edit: Is this co op "single" player?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFjV_hmgw0

More Bomberman footage

Well, one thing is a positive for Bomberman R

Apparently there is so much hype for Bomberman R that Sony fanboys are trolling, talking about how ****ty it looks and that Nintendo fans buy kid's games like it "This is what Nintendo fans are hyping about?"

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

This is literally all I've seen out of it. The multiplayer portion

Edit: Is this co op "single" player?
That seems pretty par for the course for Bomberman gameplay.

If they have enough interesting puzzles - say, approaching three digits' worth, with more expansive and interesting layouts to follow - I could see the $20 tag. But it's still going to have to work uphill to ensure it brings enough to the table beyond nostalgia factor.

[EDIT]: Second video gives me some hope in the layout department. Wish they'd shown something more imaginative, but I can at least see they're varying it somewhat and I'm interested to see how far they're willing to go.

"Special" multiplayer arena tab makes me think they're planning to pull some stunts. An arena editor comes to mind.

At $20, maybe pushing it, unless there's a solid number of awesome, varied levels. And at minimum the Hudson team would be the ones to make something like that happen.

But, real talk, if you get at least 40-60 levels out of the main game (and the more the better) with some decent variety in level mechanics (not showstopper at this point, just decent), an arena editor, and it goes on sale for 25% off, which I expect within the first year of its lifespan, I see no problem with its price. If this expands, and later level design pushes serious boundaries within these mechanics and we get some awesome, challenging level puzzles, it's worth the asking price - and will likely still go on sale within a year.

If it doesn't make those milestones, then it's overpriced and overhyped, and as someone who wants to see this series breathe again, that's a real shame. I'm hopeful, regardless, but we'll see come launch.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If the whole 8-bit/16-bit theme loses popularity, it'd be hilarious if this actually happened.
Imagine everything with blocky, FF7-styled bodies.

----

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I for one, welcome our new almost 3D indie overlords.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think N64/ps1 graphics will work in the same way pixel art did as screens are so high res it makes all the probems stand out more. You have to remember back in the day devs would have sold their souls to have games look less blocky. That's why FF7 had the FMV cutscences, so you could mentally transpose the better looking high poly models from them onto regular gameplay.

D

Deleted member

It's his mind trying to tell him the Warriors game we really should have gotten. :smirk:
A Fate/Stay Night Musou game?
Actually, now that I think about it, that'd be pretty cool
We'd actually get a Waifu Warriors and my most want would be a shoo in
i dont think OPM is bad just it didnt live up to the hype.Like its a nice side distraction but nothing i think people should go out of there way to watch.Like only people who watch shows like DBZ,Naruto,Fairy Tail,etc can really appreciate it cause it just that a parody of those types of shows.But i digress i'll add MP100 to the list.
I don't think people need to watch other shonens to enjoy OPM just because it's a parody and it IS something people should go out of their way to watch it due to how funny and well-written it is
But opinions, I guess
Okay, here's my roster. Tagging @Shishœ because he's my friend and knows who the hell who characters like Camus are. Well... Actually it's more of a list, and it's pretty messy, but whatever.

I mean, the image is pretty much just so people who don't know who they are won't have to use google every time they see a name. :p

Anyway, the list of characters in order I've thought of in order left to right. Note that there's no specific order other than they specific games they're from. And I've screwed that up in the pic as every time a protagonist is listed they appear right at the end of a different set of characters. Anyway...
Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem
1. Marth
2. Caeda
3. Camus
4. Tikki

Awakening
1. Robin
2.Chrom
3. Validar*
4. Lucina
5. Anna

Fates
1. Corrin
2. Xander
3. Ryoma
4. Shigure**
5. Garon

Tellius
1. Ike
2. Black Knight
3. Sephirian(AKA Lehran)
4. Ashnard

Sacred Stones
1. Ephaim
2. Erika
3. Seth Rogan McFarlane
. Lyon

Elibe
1. Roy***
2. Zephiel
3. Hector
4. Lyn

Holy War
1. Sigurd/Seliph****(Blue hair)
2. Alvis/Julius****(Red Hair)
*= Honestly, just there because he has more connections to awakening's protagonist/big bad force, even though I prefer the other two villains.
**Over Azura mostly just because child representation(though technically you can play the whole game without a single child, they aren't that crucial) and mostly because Azura's not really that much of a fighter/powerhouse at all.
***Interchangeable with Eliwood, but Roy has smash fame.
****Extremely interchangeable. You can even do Seliph/Alvis.(Since Alvis by then was emperor, which is by far the most diverse FE class to date.)

Sorry for the lack of Waifus. :p But anyway, note this isn't as much of a roster as it is a list for story prominent(Or just Anna because Anna) characters that I would love to see(Most anyway, some I just added just because such as Lyn and Caeda.) For instance I'd be happy with either Sephirian or Ashnard, you don't have to give me both. Though I would be surprised if there was no Black Knight who I want most and seems like an obvious choice. But I love Tellius villians in general.

And plot related units are easier to list off. With ordinary units its a lot harder because there's so many that they could go with a lot of things.
This is much better though I'd cut Garon and Shigure
I don't think anyone remembers Shigure and Azura is at least plot relevant and I don't think anyone liked uncle Garon
But overall, it represents a lot of games and while it has 27 characters, I believe some cuts here and there can make it more realistic

But the presencee of Hector and Lyon is already a 8/10 to me and either of them showing up in the game will already be enough for me to not be as mad with the final roster. Roster will be 9/10 if Nino is playable and 11/10 with Joshua, I just want Joshua
Also, Darth Va-- I mean, Black Knight is there too and who doesn't like him?

And did you nerf Seth?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@Ash Crimson I'd replace Ashnard and Sephirian for Michiah and Sothe,

Both still allow for unique gameplay while being more recognizable. :)

D

Deleted member

I just realised we haven't discussed maps, while, if HW is anything to go by, most will be original, we can expect some based off iconic locations from the series. How many did HW have? Anyways, here's my take on it:
-The Dragon's Gate(Chapter 19 area and the two Endgame maps)
-Fire Emblem Altar(both the FE6 and FE7 versions of the map aka Chapters 21 and 27)
-Jehanna Desert(might as well put in Jehanna Palace as well)
-Some ship map(literally every FE game ever)
-Bottomles Canyon(include both the Chapter 3 and Rev Chapter 17 areas)
-That Volcano from Gaiden that shows up in Awakening whatever it was called
-I really don't know **** about Tellius, someone help me here
-An entire FE4 map on realistic scale(bigger open world than XCX)
-A map with Fog of War because **** you

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sun update:

Beat the Trainer's School and then Ilima.
The game's world is beautiful. The look and feel of the game is really different, which I like.

Current Team.
Shere Khan Lv 12
Kathphodwa Lv 12
Chilli Lv 11

Ilima's battle was admittedly hard. Her Yungoos was stronger and faster than I expected. >_>
It was only due to Litten tanking a Water Gun with 1 HP left that I managed to hit Smeargle with Ember and win.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well afaik there's only two upcoming FE games we know about right now, and as I don't see a new one getting announced like a week after the presentation, I have to imagine FE Warriors will be touched on in the Direct.
What I can say is if they don't then it will be very disappointing, unless the other upcoming FE games are amazing as well.

D

Deleted member

Sun update:

Beat the Trainer's School and then Ilima.
The game's world is beautiful. The look and feel of the game is really different, which I like.

Current Team.
Shere Khan Lv 12
Kathphodwa Lv 12
Chilli Lv 11

Ilima's battle was admittedly hard. Her Yungoos was stronger and faster than I expected. >_>
It was only due to Litten tanking a Water Gun with 1 HP left that I managed to hit Smeargle with Ember and win.
All I have to say that Ilima's lack of chest is not because of being flat
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Someone got fired~
Now we know who leaked that stuff on 4chan
WHO DECIDED THIS SHOULD EXIST
SleepyJirachi did

Burruni

Smash Hero

So that trope strikes again, huh? :laugh:
Not even a trap, really.
He isn't trying to pass as a girl.
He's just effeminate shoujo male, a prettyboy.
The fact that the Rotomdex refers to him as a "Dreamboat" at one point kinda hammers in this as the design mentality.

D

Deleted member

Giving Binding Blade one last try, let's see if I make to Chapter 10 this time
>Roy crits his first hit
Don't try to trick me, I know this won't go anywhere
>Fails to double Fighter
>Fails to 2HKO
>Gets git by a 38% hit
*sigh*
At least this time I know not to bother with Wolt and focus on Lance instead of Allen so I can min-max this team.
Wish me luck, I'll... I'll need it. A lot.

Ivander

Smash Legend
A Fate/Stay Night Musou game?
Actually, now that I think about it, that'd be pretty cool
We'd actually get a Waifu Warriors and my most want would be a shoo in
So Fate/Extella, right? :)And that has both Fate/Stay Night Rider & Fate/Zero Rider.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ROY LEVELED UP AND GOT HP, STR, SKL, SPD AND DEF
HAS ANNA GIVEN ME HER BLESSING TODAY!?
So Fate/Extella, right? :)And that has both Fate/Stay Night Rider & Fate/Zero Rider.
Oh and it releases tomorrow
Times like this make me wish I had a PS4

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Giving Binding Blade one last try, let's see if I make to Chapter 10 this time
>Roy crits his first hit
Don't try to trick me, I know this won't go anywhere
>Fails to double Fighter
>Fails to 2HKO
>Gets git by a 38% hit
*sigh*
At least this time I know not to bother with Wolt and focus on Lance instead of Allen so I can min-max this team.
Wish me luck, I'll... I'll need it. A lot.
Try to abuse secret shops to make the game less bull****

D

Deleted member

Try to abuse secret shops to make the game less bull****
You mean Arena grinding, right? I hate checking guides for Secret Shop locations
Also, Roy is Lv4 and has 7 Str
That's 2 Str level ups, I have been madly blessed by Lady Luck

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The more I think about it...the more likely I think I am to purchase the Switch at launch...

Even though I have the Wii U, I want BotW for the Switch...and its not like I was planning on buying that many games on day 1 to begin with...not like I'd play them all at once especially with Zelda being available...
and more games will be released over time anyway (like XC2, SMO, and FEW)...so its not like I'm buying the system JUST for one game...
Nintendo still has plenty of games to show off anyway, especially come e3...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Of the Smash FE characters the only ones guaranteed to get into Warriors are Marth and Corrin. Besides from being the first and latest Lords both their swords show up in the teaser. Robin and Lucina depend on whether the game is gong for a one per game rule or just which characters are popular. I don't think I saw Ike's sword in the teaser but I'd say his chances are good as his game is one of the few FE games to get a sequel. As for Roy, I suspect if he gets in, it'll be off his Smash popularity and to sell amiibos.

D

Deleted member

>Be Roy
>Lv6
>9 Str
What is up with this RNG?
Meanwhile, Lance is only getting Skl and Lck level ups... maybe I should gove Allen a chance

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Of the Smash FE characters the only ones guaranteed to get into Warriors are Marth and Corrin. Besides from being the first and latest Lords both their swords show up in the teaser. Robin and Lucina depend on whether the game is gong for a one per game rule or just which characters are popular. I don't think I saw Ike's sword in the teaser but I'd say his chances are good as his game is one of the few FE games to get a sequel. As for Roy, I suspect if he gets in, it'll be off his Smash popularity and to sell amiibos.
I think every FE smash character is going to be in the game eventually, I personally think that Roy and probably Ike will be added as DLC (Based on the swords they showed).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I can see all the Smash Fire Emblem characters make it into FE Warriors eventually through DLC. I'm not as sure when it comes to the base game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom