• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would any straight man want to be in a world with just men? Wouldn't they want to be in a world with just women?
Not a MGTOW though

MGTOW believe men and women shouldn't associate with each other

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not packing in 1-2-Switch is such a horrible idea. The game doesn't look appealing and no one wants to pay $50 for it. I'll be skipping it for sure. Zelda and Bomberman will be way better as launch titles. Those two will keep me busy until Snipperclips and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
$50 seems expensive for a game you don't look at the screen even 90% of the time

I'm sure there is a cheaper option for the same result

Like buying 2 stop watches

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Been seeing people calling the Switch's Launch line-up the worst ever. These children have never had to make Super Mario 64 last months. I'll grant it's much smaller than most modern consoles but did anyone buy any of the glut of games that came at the WiiU's launch?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Say guys, how do Youtube views work?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im gonna try to guess the next three Arms characters

a punching bag with rope arms, a plant man with vine arms, and a octopus/squid with tentacles
its honestly hard trying to come up with more arm types not used

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they make a Super Mario Maker Switch port, I'm going to need them to add Mario 2 or something to make the purchase AGAIN worth it

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

a punching bag with rope arms, a plant man with vine arms, and a octopus/squid with tentacles
Add Rayman as guest character and I'm completely sold.

Also, with some luck my Switch should be paid off by tomorrow

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

There probably is going to be a plant one

I think the DNA one we saw in that one stage is going to be a character

I'd like to see one with more than 2 arms, perhaps an octopus?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
ARMS would be the perfect opportunity to bring back Sukapon with a slightly updated look.

Don't think that'll happen though. I mean I'm still waiting on Kirby and his Warpstar in MK8, and that's a character people actually know and would sell well.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
MK8-Deluxe-500-wide.png

Guys can I just say how amazing I think this box art is. Great box art like this is why I end up buying physically. It just looks so great and appealing. If I wasn't in mobile I'd explain why I'm buying Mario Kart 8 again, despite buying on the Wii U and its DLC.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DNARMS.png

This is the DNA guy I was talking about, I call him DNARMS

I think he's going to end up being a character

D

Deleted member

Oh, I made a Fire Emblem Warriors Roster, if any of you care to see.

I'm currently deciding on who to add for DLC.
>2/3 of the roster consists of Fates characters.

And they say the Fire Emblem series is overrepresented in Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
View attachment 124980
Guys can I just say how amazing I think this box art is. Great box art like this is why I end up buying physically. It list looks somgreat and appealing. If I wasn't in mobile I'd explain why I'm buying Mario Kart 8 again, despite buying on the Wii U and its DLC.
I agree with what you're saying, but really it just makes me wonder what the colour scheme the Smash port will go with. I suppose purple might make sense, as it's mixing the red and blue together... but really they may just go with red and blue, assuming the game consolidates content from both versions. I mean that is the same colour scheme as the neon version of the console as well.

Plus Inklings are probably going to be front and center on the packaging. Plus any other new characters. Even ICs would probably make an appearance on the front.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, can you imagine if Nintendo put effort into getting all the same third party games as Sony and Microsoft. Can you imagine how gamers would be more likely to head towards the Switch simply because they can take said big installment of their favorite franchise on the go as well as at home?

If they were smart, they'd do this and really put a hurt on Sony and Microsoft's parts of the markets.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Go with purple. Purple always looks great with everything

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I never gave my unimportant opinions on a game I haven't played nor seen for a significant amount of time and take wild guesses about what developers are thinking even though they probibly don't know what they are making in a feble attempt to get attention as a substitute for real human affection.
Nah, I'm just joking.
But Arms. I think that it's a cool looking game but it seems like a "Remember That Game?" type of game.
Remember Project H.A.M.M.E.R from the early Wii days?

---

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
thinking of other arms characters.....rubberband arms on a soda can?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Roy's really popular in Japan!"
***** do I need to poll from a few years where Roy didn't break Top 10?
Wishes for fur imblm wahyas:
Tiki, Gangrel, Alm Doma, Leif, Sigurd, Lyn, Hector, Nergal, Eirika/Ephraim, Seth, Ike, Black Knight, Lucina and Anna

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"Roy's really popular in Japan!"
***** do I need to poll from a few years where Roy didn't break Top 10?
Wishes for fur imblm wahyas:
Tiki, Gangrel, Alm Doma, Leif, Sigurd, Lyn, Hector, Nergal, Eirika/Ephraim, Seth, Ike, Black Knight, Lucina and Anna
anna wont be playable because she has to run the store

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Go with purple. Purple always looks great with everything
I think I'd rather have red and blue. More colourful, and those two go pretty well together.

Man, can you imagine if Nintendo put effort into getting all the same third party games as Sony and Microsoft. Can you imagine how gamers would be more likely to head towards the Switch simply because they can take said big installment of their favorite franchise on the go as well as at home?

If they were smart, they'd do this and really put a hurt on Sony and Microsoft's parts of the markets.
People were saying that long before the Switch. Except back then it was "people could have the great third-party experiences and the great Nintendo first-party on the same console!".

I do think Nintendo tried harder than in the past to acquire third-parties. Their architecture would indicate that, at least. However not only did they probably still not compromise with the third-parties and their wishes regarding the system enough, but I imagine at this point many companies are not willing to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. They want to see an install base and a chance at a healthy profit. And I can't really blame them tbh. Nintendo systems have not been a good place for third-parties to cultivate their IPs for a long time, with only a select few dwindling exceptions.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm happy for everyone happy about FE Warriors, I'm sure it'll be good fun, but I'm just here wanting SF Warriors even more now. :cry:
I hope we can see more of FE Warriors on the FE Direct.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope we can see more of FE Warriors on the FE Direct.
Well afaik there's only two upcoming FE games we know about right now, and as I don't see a new one getting announced like a week after the presentation, I have to imagine FE Warriors will be touched on in the Direct.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

EA confirmed nicer guys than we gave them credit for.
Swamp, old buddy old pal, there's this thing EA and others have been known for. Talking great **** and not holding up. Remember when EA said they supported the Wii U? Remember how many EA games where on the system?

Actually, anyone remember when Ubisoft said "Oui aff 3 gaems rredi pour le wii u, but oui wil not sel zem uhtil ze wii u sels moar" a year or two? lmao
anna wont be playable because she has to run the store
That's her sister running the store
also I swear, I added Robin in there

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Call it a hunch but I suspect Nintendo themselves have a lot to do with Super Bomberman R getting made. I have no proof, but it makes sense to me.

And let's not forget that part fo the WiiU's failing was that publishers put out (marginally enhanced) versions of games all the core gamers already had and then said that was a sign that the WiiU was doomed. That stigma still lingers and would make any company reluctant unless Nintendo paid for the whole thing like Bayonetta 2. Stupid self-fulfilling prophesies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Call it a hunch but I suspect Nintendo themselves have a lot to do with Super Bomberman R getting made. I have no proof, but it makes sense to me.

And let's not forget that part fo the WiiU's failing was that publishers put out (marginally enhanced) versions of games all the core gamers already had and then said that was a sign that the WiiU was doomed. That stigma still lingers and would make any company reluctant unless Nintendo paid for the whole thing like Bayonetta 2. Stupid self-fulfilling prophesies.
I heard that not only Nintendo, not just Konami, but former Hudson Soft devs were working on it

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
ARMS would be the perfect opportunity to bring back Sukapon with a slightly updated look.

Don't think that'll happen though. I mean I'm still waiting on Kirby and his Warpstar in MK8, and that's a character people actually know and would sell well.
When I first saw the stretchy arms I thought they were going to bring back Joy Mech Fight.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are posting that there is a rumor that Bomberman R is going to be $20 in the US

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Bomberman revival coming as an exclusive (for now) launch title has reawakened my Brawl-era desire to see Bomberman in Smash. Especially if Nintendo helped catalyze this whole thing.

Bomberman plz.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also when talking about the price, someone posted this image

Appropriate Nintendo

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Much like Cube Life to Minecraft on the WiiU, I wonder if Bombing [swear filter] had anything to do with Bomberman's revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom