• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The problem with PS1/Saturn/N64-style 3D graphics is that most 3D games of that era arguably haven't aged well graphically compared to most 2D games from the 16-bit era onward and even some 8-bit games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
From what I've read, Suda went completely off script, and supposedly stumbled on his own words a lot. Basically, the translator had to try translating a man who himself had no idea what he was saying.

I feel bad for the translator.
That's only on the Suda51 part, because the translator flubbed a lot of his words multiple times before NM3's tease was shown
Of the Smash FE characters the only ones guaranteed to get into Warriors are Marth and Corrin. Besides from being the first and latest Lords both their swords show up in the teaser. Robin and Lucina depend on whether the game is gong for a one per game rule or just which characters are popular. I don't think I saw Ike's sword in the teaser but I'd say his chances are good as his game is one of the few FE games to get a sequel. As for Roy, I suspect if he gets in, it'll be off his Smash popularity and to sell amiibos.
The swords shown were Chrom's Falchion, Marth's Falchion, Corrin's Yato, Ryoma's Raijinto and Xander's Siegfried so no, Ragnell wasn't in there

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Someone got fired~
From what I've read, Suda went completely off script, and supposedly stumbled on his own words a lot. Basically, the translator had to try translating a man who himself had no idea what he was saying.

I feel bad for the translator.
As funny as this joke may seem, I really don't this has to do with the translator getting fired. Funny coincidence though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's only on the Suda51 part, because the translator flubbed a lot of his words multiple times before NM3's tease was shown

The swords shown were Chrom's Falchion, Marth's Falchion, Corrin's Yato, Ryoma's Raijinto and Xander's Siegfried so no, Ragnell wasn't in there
That'd also confirm more than 1 character per game.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I just really hope Frederick and Lissa show up in some form. It'd just feel wrong for them to be completely gone while Chrom's there. :p
But Opussum, Chrom needs them to stay behind and look after the Shepards, while he's off gallivanting around in fun crossovers that aren't Smash.

And yes, I am referencing something from Project X Zone 2

Also why you guys all talk about FE Warriors, but have no talk of bringing in Alm and Celica?

You FE noobs disappoint me, guess that means I'm the only true Fire Emblem fan here. jk

D

Deleted member

Roy: "Let's ask Erik, the marquess of Laus for help"
Marcus: "Milord, a long time ago, him and his father helped the Black Fang and betrayed the rest of Lycia. Still wonder to this day how he was allowed to remain in the Alliance but the fact is that we shouldn't teust him!"
Roy: "I'm sure it was just some big misunderstanding, let's go"
Marcus: "Milo--"
Erik: "We're siding with Bern and we going to kill all of you now!"
Roy: "Oh no! How could you do that! I'd never expect such a thing from you, Erik!"
Marcus: "I'm not paid enough for this ****"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Roy: "Let's ask Erik, the marquess of Laus for help"
Marcus: "Milord, a long time ago, him and his father helped the Black Fang and betrayed the rest of Lycia. Still wonder to this day how he was allowed to remain in the Alliance but the fact is that we shouldn't teust him!"
Roy: "I'm sure it was just some big misunderstanding, let's go"
Marcus: "Milo--"
Erik: "We're siding with Bern and we going to kill all of you now!"
Roy: "Oh no! How could you do that! I'd never expect such a thing from you, Erik!"
Marcus: "I'm not paid enough for this ****"
Wait till you see Roy's idea of getting Hector's assistance
But Opussum, Chrom needs them to stay behind and look after the Shepards, while he's off gallivanting around in fun crossovers that aren't Smash.

And yes, I am referencing something from Project X Zone 2

Also why you guys all talk about FE Warriors, but have no talk of bringing in Alm and Celica?

You FE noobs disappoint me, guess that means I'm the only true Fire Emblem fan here. jk
I mentioned Alm and Doma Q.Q

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Chapter 4 made me remember why I hated FE6 so much: asshole reinforcements
Even worse is that the first you encounter have the deadly Myrmidon Rutger with a goddamn 30 crit rate against Dieck, oh my god that was so close. At least he didn't end up killing himself
Left a bunch of units to die while everyone else ran away, Wade died but Lot managed to sruvive AND kill a Fighter while rescuing Wolt.
Also, Merlinus died but he'll be back next chapter

"Yes... Our leader, Floyd or whatever his name is, told me so himself"
>Not callin the Lord Floyd from now on

D

Deleted member

I needs my bombermanz. So glad it looks like Live's gameplay since that game was really good.

D

Deleted member

This is much better though I'd cut Garon and Shigure
I don't think anyone remembers Shigure and Azura is at least plot relevant and I don't think anyone liked uncle Garon
But overall, it represents a lot of games and while it has 27 characters, I believe some cuts here and there can make it more realistic

But the presencee of Hector and Lyon is already a 8/10 to me and either of them showing up in the game will already be enough for me to not be as mad with the final roster. Roster will be 9/10 if Nino is playable and 11/10 with Joshua, I just want Joshua
Also, Darth Va-- I mean, Black Knight is there too and who doesn't like him?

And did you nerf Seth?
I completely agree, 100%. I only added Garon and Shigure just for the sake of it.(Same could be said for characters like Validar who I can easily go without.) But now that I think about it Camila/Himoka or Leon/Takumi would be MUCH better choices.

And I did fuse the Elibian games together. FE4 has two reps, but it's a beloved game by the fanbase at least. Especially if your a person that can cope with maps the size of entire countries and hard difficulty.(Especially Alvis/Julius funnily enough who are the hardest FE bosses that I can think of.)

I didn't put in any Gaiden or Thracia characters because who cares?

D

Deleted member

Not even a trap, really.
He isn't trying to pass as a girl.
He's just effeminate shoujo male, a prettyboy.
The fact that the Rotomdex refers to him as a "Dreamboat" at one point kinda hammers in this as the design mentality.
Yeah, Illama is just a bit adrogynous because he's such a fab bishonen. I knew he was a guy, but then people were telling me that he was officially confirmed to be a girl for some reason.(Even though I can tell that he's a dude.)
@Ash Crimson I'd replace Ashnard and Sephirian for Michiah and Sothe,

Both still allow for unique gameplay while being more recognizable. :)
I disagree. I didn't add Michiah because for most people who've played RD she's most of the low points of the game. Sothe I just forgot about because technically he's just as integral to the main game as Sorren is to the PoR and he's basically the Jeihan archetype of the game. He's not a bad choice actually, I'd be fine with him interchanging spots with either villian.

Which I added because they have higher praise than either of those two, especially since they stand out compared to most FE villians in the franchise. Not to mention Ashnard rides a ****ing dragon prince and Sephirian just reminds me how much of a shame that light magic is no longer a thing. :p I just live villians though, and to me the coolest part of HW was destroying waves of enemies with characters like dorf and other bad guys that'd seem like they would solo an entire army with little problem.

And actually, thise to characters you bring up remind me that if I were to split FE 7 and 6 I should add Nino and maybe Jaffar.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
These Xenoblade Chronicles 2 concept art looks awesome:
Comparing the first pic and the second pic pretty much confirms that Red hair girl is the "Monado"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
These Xenoblade Chronicles 2 concept art looks awesome:

Comparing the first pic and the second pic pretty much confirms that Red hair girl is the "Monado"
I'm just wondering why she even bothers wearing pants if they're not hiding anything anyway. Like damn. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm just wondering why she even bothers wearing pants if they're not hiding anything anyway. Like damn. :p
The best/worst part is that she doesn't seem to be a playable character but a weapon, meaning you can't even customize her to have different clothes
Speaking of clothes, I hope that Xenoblade 2 has a feature in which you can choose to keep the same look if you change equipment, the stronger armour was usually ugly imo, especially in X

D

Deleted member

I found this on TV Tropes's Elibe's YMMV section
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html
I van't find any of the polls other than the Awakening and Fates ones but it'd be good to see how popular certain characters are in Japan and I know they exist
Seems Japan has good taste with that top 3 though
The best/worst part is that she doesn't seem to be a playable character but a weapon, meaning you can't even customize her to have different clothes
Speaking of clothes, I hope that Xenoblade 2 has a feature in which you can choose to keep the same look if you change equipment, the stronger armour was usually ugly imo, especially in X
XCX had Fashion Gear so I don't see why they wouldn't keep it nor why you're worried about it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I found this on TV Tropes's Elibe's YMMV section
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html
I van't find any of the polls other than the Awakening and Fates ones but it'd be good to see how popular certain characters are in Japan and I know they exist
Seems Japan has good taste with that top 3 though

XCX had Fashion Gear so I don't see why they wouldn't keep it nor why you're worried about it
Because XCX didn't explain **** so I didn't know it was there

D

Deleted member

Because XCX didn't explain **** so I didn't know it was there
It's the one minor feature everyone praises it for, there's no way you fully played that game without realising it existed

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey @Ash Crimson , are you ready for the Ultra-Beast trade we talked some month ago?
Yeah, about that.... I traded my other Buzzwole to someone else Pheromosa at the time, but then I got moon version anyway, so little did I know I now have an army of Pheromosa and one Buzzwole....

And not to mention I'm about to leave my house anyway.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, about that.... I traded my other Buzzwole to someone else Pheromosa at the time, but then I got moon version anyway, so little did I know I now have an army of Pheromosa and one Buzzwole....

And not to mention I'm about to leave my house anyway.
45a.jpg
Welp, 'guess I have to ask @Cyndane for that Buzzwole.
It is sad did I actually tough you will say that?
Brief, still, thanks for the offer, now, I am going to eat.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I was in the Source Gaming Discord last night and @PushDustIn pointed out something very interesting, that I hadn't seen pointed out before.

The Japanese version of the paid online services says that your NES, SNES, ETC will have online play.

The Etc implies that the service will give out VC games for more then just the NES and SNES.

You know what that means?

MELEE ONLINE BOYS!

It would be such a missed opportunity to not make money off of this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, 'guess I have to ask @Cyndane for that Buzzwole.
It is sad did I actually tough you will say that?
Brief, still, thanks for the offer, now, I am going to eat.
Well, the thing is sometimes I'm a bit over generous. :p My plan was to just trade my extra Pherosmosa for another Buzzwole, but I don't currently have the time to do that as I'm heading to an amusement park. Even though I don't feel like going and it's probably going to be too crowded.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, the thing is sometimes I'm a bit over generous. :p My plan was to just trade my extra Pherosmosa for another Buzzwole, but I don't currently have the time to do that as I'm heading to an amusement park. Even though I don't feel like going and it's probably going to be too crowded.
You know, even tough you played me like a DAMN piano. I have not grudge against you, really, it's a bit of a shame but I can live with that.
Plus, that mean I can get a great Buzzwole and give a ****ty Pokemon in return. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, even tough you played me like a DAMN piano. I have not grudge against you, really, it's a bit of a shame but I can live with that.
Plus, that mean I can get a great Buzzwole and give a ****ty Pokemon in return. :troll:
Well yeah, but I needed a better Buzzwole anyway because the one I traded had low attack so every time you got beast boost, attack wouldn't raise but rather defense.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well yeah, but I needed a better Buzzwole anyway because the one I traded had low attack so every time you got beast boost, attack wouldn't raise but rather defense.
So the guy (or girl) who you traded the Buzzwole basically recieve a bad Buzzwole?
Like...Woah.
I guess he/she is the real one who have been played like a violin.:snake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom