• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently I'm going to be going with this girl to a Chinese Restaurant

At an unknown date and time

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm legit not convinced we'll see Roy in the base roster. DLC? Definitely, but base, I can't see it. The only thing he has going for him is his Smash popularity, and even then, I completely believe Path of Radiance and 7 would get in before 6.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The DLC in Hyrule Warriors was also better than the base game, your point? :p

Also the three (which may turn into 6) are also not only popular characters in their own right, but also span across two games which have nothing to do with each other, which is something never done in a Fire Emblem game before, so I believe they may start being promoted elsewhere.
Characters being in more than one game is nothing new nor rare anymore(really, only Magvel doesn't get that sort of treatment) and just because the games aren't related(but they ARE if these characters can even exist in the other) doesn't make it better, infact, it kakes it worse as a terrible attempt at fanservice.
Even worse with the three Birthright children because they are NOT the Awakening characters.
And they were terribly received in Fates(like pretty much 90% of the game) so I doubt we'll see them again any time soon
I was gonna point to my avatar but then I remembered it wasn't Chrom anymore.

Looker is best Fire Emblem character.

Look honey, a wrong opinion! :D
I could make an entire list of much better characters in FE but I can just save both of our times with "Literally everyone before Awakening"
Yes, even FE6

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I'm not gonna put any stock in non Akaneia/Ylisse/Fates characters until I see that they got a shot.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm legit not convinced we'll see Roy in the base roster. DLC? Definitely, but base, I can't see it. The only thing he has going for him is his Smash popularity, and even then, I completely believe Path of Radiance and 7 would get in before 6.
You are forgetting FE6 is beloved in Japan.

Roy has a lot more Japanese popularity than say... Eliwood or Ephriam.

It's not JUST Smash popularity.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not convinced of everyone in Smash getting into the base game, especially when it didn't happen with Hyrule Warriors until we got Legends.

As for why I added the other Fates family, I added Takumi because he'd be the only one to primarily fight with a bow, Camilla because she would be the only one the fight with wyvern, Leo as the only pure magic user, and Hinoka as she would fight differently than Caeda, being more reckless. I then added Elise and Sakura since both of them are the most important healers I can think of, and it'd round off the family as well.

Also, I've added other games onto the DLC like how HW did with it's DLC.

I legit cannot see Anakos being playable, I can see him as a boss, but due to his size and lack of a normal one, I can't see Anakos being playable. Garon also left a much larger impact on Fates than Anakos did, being a prominent villain in all of 2 games and 1/2 of one
I don't know, I think they'll learn to have the smash roster prominent in the game. The DLC choices and the rest of your base choices are fine and I understand what you were going for with them.

As for my spoiler, it's not impossible because:

He has a human form and is shown to have magic in it. I could see his human being the base, and he have a dragon move like Volga. It may not be that likely though, but he would be good villain choice imo.

Honestly, I still think the "Class-dependant moveset" is the best way to go: you can add a bunch of characters with only new voices and models being required instead of new animations and movesets.
Otherwise only Lords will get to show up and, really, outside of FE7, who ever cared about any of the Lords?
FE is not only about the Lords and the last three games that came out, you can't solo an FE game with Lords and you certainly cannot enjoy the best of what FE has to offer with just 3/4 of the worst games in the franchise.
I'm hyped for that game but I know it'll be a disappointment at the end but hey, I can at least dream, right?

The last part of Digibro's analysis actually compares it to TAW
It looks much better even if being just your typical action shonen but I don't think it's that good

That DLC alone is better than your base roster
Except the Awakening trio, they have no reason being in this game.
I actually was think the awakening trio could show up, especially if my above hope got in. They are also liked and have some story significance due to:

being from awakening and brought to help Corrin in Fates. If anankos got in, then I could see the trio being in. Possibly as DLC. It could go either way.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Made my own.
Uhm.
I don't own a Ryoma or Xander art so I went with another Lobster Lord who fights in the name of his title's honor and Blonde Haired Paladin fighting for the enemy for his personally-right reasons against his better wishes.

Edit: I also lacked an Akenia Era Lil Tiki Portrait

Double Edit: Lyn's actually far more likely than Hector but I want to believe.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

Characters being in more than one game is nothing new nor rare anymore(really, only Magvel doesn't get that sort of treatment) and just because the games aren't related(but they ARE if these characters can even exist in the other) doesn
Umm, what? Fire Emblem getting characters from previous games is really rare, especially when they aren't connected in any way besides appearing in the previous game. The only character that I can think of who does that besides the 6 is Anna.

You are forgetting FE6 is beloved in Japan.

Roy has a lot more Japanese popularity than say... Eliwood or Ephriam.

It's not JUST Smash popularity.
Really? I've heard the complete opposite, I've heard that they didn't like 6, and that Roy is one of the least popular lords over there, and in the Fire Emblem community in the West.

Autumn ♫

I don't know, I think they'll learn to have the smash roster prominent in the game. The DLC choices and the rest of your base choices are fine and I understand what you were going for with them.

He has a human form and is shown to have magic in it. I could see his human being the base, and he have a dragon move like Volga. It may not be that likely though, but he would be good villain choice imo.
I wasn't even aware he had a human form. I guess I forgot about it. My point still stands though, I believe Garon is a lot more recognizable and has a lot bigger of an impact in Fates than Anakos did. I won't completely deny the chance of him though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really? I've heard the complete opposite, I've heard that they didn't like 6, and that Roy is one of the least popular lords over there, and in the Fire Emblem community in the West.
The west does not like FE6.

In Japan it got critical and fan acclaim.

Mainly because the things that made Roy boring in the West mean different things in Japan.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Can't wait until they get to Cheetahmen Warriors
...also the first time I saw Cheetahmen Mentioned. That's an 2x multiplier.
Also with all of this talk of "Fire Emblem Warriors" one would wonder why they are making it. I mean when I see Zelda fans I can possibly see Dynasty Warriors because it's an action game already, I don't see people who play strategy games. But it's like LoL or more accurately Starcraft fans going to Overwatch...kinda.

Autumn ♫

The west does not like FE6.

In Japan it got critical and fan acclaim.

Mainly because the things that made Roy boring in the West mean different things in Japan.
Huh. I wasn't aware of that. Do they have the same problems about Roy being a weak lord there as we do here?

I still believe that Path of Radiance would have a higher chance than Roy, but I do think he may have a slight edge over the FE7 cast, or at least, being in after all of them.

Chrono.

Someone brought up the idea of characters themselves not being playable (outside of the lords/main characters), but rather classes are. While the characters themselves would be reskins of whatever class they belong to.

Though I doubt it'll be like that, it would be an interesting approach.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My most wanted for FE Warriors...
:4myfriends:-I he feel has a pretty decent chance overall...
:4feroy:-On the fence, I could see it go either way but having a presence in Smash does help him...
Tharja-I have my doubts anyone from Awakening beyond Chrom, :4robinm:and :4lucina: will be playable but if we get a fourth I can see Tharja as a distinct possibility due to her popularity...I could see her being a rather fun fighter though...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm worried that due to the number of protagonists/fan favorites in FE, we'll only get boring movesets in Fire Emblem Warriors. Look, to those of you that don't play Fire Emblem. . .

Most people want waifus and pointy sticks. I want to claw zombies back to their starting state with large animals.

Although if they wanted to do so, there's waifu options for those as well. Just not the ones pictured.

Chrono.

I'm worried that due to the number of protagonists/fan favorites in FE, we'll only get boring movesets in Fire Emblem Warriors. Look, to those of you that don't play Fire Emblem. . .

Most people want waifus and pointy sticks. I want to claw zombies back to their starting state with large animals.

Although if they wanted to do so, there's waifu options for those as well. Just not the ones pictured.
Warriors games usually got wild movesets so I wouldn't worry too much.

HW had a playable giant chicken and a bug girl who previously had almost no role in her game.

I trust Omega Force.

D

Deleted member

I actually was think the awakening trio could show up, especially if my above hope got in. They are also liked and have some story significance due to:

being from awakening and brought to help Corrin in Fates. If anankos got in, then I could see the trio being in. Possibly as DLC. It could go either way.
Except the trio never acts like they know anything nor do they even do anything to stop the war they know is pointless
That DLC is just a terrible attempt to handwave fanservice
Umm, what? Fire Emblem getting characters from previous games is really rare, especially when they aren't connected in any way besides appearing in the previous game. The only character that I can think of who does that besides the 6 is Anna.

Read my edit
Basically, it's nothing special nor to hold in a pedestal, instead, it shows how bad the game was handled when they have characters with no reason to be there only for the sake of fanservice
It's like if Darth Vader showed up in the new SW trilogy with some time travel bull**** excuse for the sake of it.

Autumn ♫

While not necessarily having claws, Tiki, in my opinion, is pretty likely, and she'd most likely fight in her manakete form.
We could also get Lethe if we're lucky.

Read my edit
Basically, it's nothing special nor to hold in a pedestal, instead, it shows how bad the game was handled when they have characters with no reason to be there only for the sake of fanservice
It's like if Darth Vader showed up in the new SW trilogy with some time travel bull**** excuse for the sake of it.
I fail to see how you viewing something a stupid would change the possibility of a character being in the game.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

The Taguel could make for rather interesting fighters actually...

We do have manaketes as well with Corrin and Tiki being the most prominent...Corrin could work more of a mixed fighter like in Smash, while Tiki could go full dragon on the field...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Huh. I wasn't aware of that. Do they have the same problems about Roy being a weak lord there as we do here?

I still believe that Path of Radiance would have a higher chance than Roy, but I do think he may have a slight edge over the FE7 cast, or at least, being in after all of them.
iirc, the weak lord thing is what got Roy popular in Japan. Made it feel like he was really growing up and taking stand by the time the end came along.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm very sure we won't see representation from every FE game on the initial roster. Probably not even half, including some of the bigger names in the series. I can't imagine they don't go with the HW model and leave some games' content as DLC packs.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
While not necessarily having claws, Tiki, in my opinion, is pretty likely, and she'd most likely fight in her manakete form.
We could also get Lethe if we're lucky.
I'm expecting Corrin to at least get some Manakete action in on the side either way.

But that just means Manaketes are a given. I'd like some Beaststone action as well.

I assume you're referring to a cat-dude from one of Ike's games?

*checks*

Um. Yes, yes I'll take that, thank you. That would also be a nice option.

Also seems to be cat-waifu instead.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

You have to remember, Japan likes hard games.

So Roy being statistically bad isn't as much of an issue.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Does anyone think they'll add flying units Not sure how it'll look or if it'll be too much obstruction but it'll still be interesting to see..

I want Sakura, Selkie, Soren (so he can be lost in his books.. what has Mia said to you about watching your back :dazwa:), Ike, Haar, Velouria, and :4corrinf: :lol: oh and Miciah, and Edward :p

Also found a HA Goomy and caught it in a Beast ball :lol:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just wonder what the plot for FE Warriors will be.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I HIGHLY expect to see Manakete Tiki.
Also...
Dragonstone as a second moveset for Corrin, changing things on Great Fairy levels.

I can see this going fairly feral.

D

Deleted member

I just realised the FE Direct is in 3 days(well, technically it's 2 but it ain't tomorrow until I sleep), hopefully we'll get a full FE Musou trailer with all the boring and predictable choices that were already teased and hopefully get a odd-one out to mix things a bit
It can be a Lord that isn't in Smash(no, Chrom doesn't count) or a side character that's hopefully not from 13 or 14
You have to remember, Japan likes hard games.

So Roy being statistically bad isn't as much of an issue.
There's a difference between "hard" and "for masochists but fair" and an even bigger one between "for masochists but fair" and "babysitting simulator"
Well, probably well-rounded and developed but I hope they don't draw too much attention to it even if they need to make it flat, the gameplay's the selling point
Oh wait, you're talking about actual plot? My bad but I think my point still stands

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I don't know but probably a new character's father is involved with an Evil plot again :dazwa:

they could create a few new characters like they did on HWs with Lana, and what's her name..

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
You sound just like Digibro in his 12-part analysis of the series
It certainly was entertaining and I think you'd enjoy it much more than the actual show even though I think it's longer than Asterisk War itself.

But seriously, want a good action series that won't make you want to kill yourself for watching it? Watch one of Bones's shows from last year: My Hero Academia, Mob Psycho 100 or Bungou Stray Dogs, while they have their issues(well, except MP100, if it has any, they aren't apparent) they are still all great shows imo.
i heard about his rant on asterisk war.I think its how i even found out about the show.Gotta give it a watch.As for My Hero Acadmia is one of two shows i gave a perfect 10/10 to,the other being gurren lagann.And Mob Psychho 100 is that one-punch man like show right?Idk not the biggest fan of OPM so not sure if i would like it
If you wanna watch a version of The Asterisk War but less garbage, watch Chilvary of a Failed Knight. Its mediocre but man they try some crazy and intersting stuff than TAW.

Plus I won't spoil it but it takes the Battle Harem Anime trope and turn it on its head with one event
Chilvary of a failed knight is on the to do list.But first it's either K-On or Nisekoi leaning towards K-On because Harem not usually my cup of tea

Ivander

Smash Legend
Someone brought up the idea of characters themselves not being playable (outside of the lords/main characters), but rather classes are. While the characters themselves would be reskins of whatever class they belong to.

Though I doubt it'll be like that, it would be an interesting approach.
I think it'd work. Considering how many characters that Fire Emblem has and how Fire Emblem has always used shared sprites/models between characters, it'd certainly be fitting. At the same time, it would remedy people's worry of only a few games getting characters if using the class as the moveset's base meant characters from other games being able to appear.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cheetahmen Warriors characters

Aries
Hercules
Apollo
Dr. Morbis
Cygore
Ape Man
White Rhino
Scavenger
Hyena
Bombardier Beetle
(
Bug.png
; reference)
Boar
Snake
Bat
Whatever the **** this is
(
WTF.png
; reference)
The Game Master

That's 15 characters

DLC Would include:
Saddam Hussein
Sad.png

and Boob Lady

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I could see Warriors get a Cia like villain who's manipulating other villains that actually exist in games or maybe works alongside them.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Regardless of what games do or don't appear in FE Warriors, I really hope they don't just stick to Lords/MCs and main villains for the roster. That would be really boring. Gotta show some love to the supporting characters of the series.

Hoping that Merric and Minerva get some love. Xane would be sick too, even if I doubt he's likely. He could do regular sword stuff for his normal moves or w/e, but for his specials or supers or whatever he could turn into other characters who didn't make it into the game! Would be sick AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom